Dr. Disrepect Respect thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really eager to find out what's up

I heard he's moving to another streaming thing with the ninja and some other guy, big move they say

I also heard it could be for rape so there's that

Streamers are dummies in general but the doctor has something special, probably the reason he's got some tv show in the works ?

Anyway, that's the last I wanted to contribute in this thread. Some of my previous posts were already removed for veering off-topic so I don't want to move further off-topic again.
Yes, that is what happens when your posts are NOT ON TOPIC. If you want to have a different discussion, start your own thread on that topic. Do you understand how that works?

Really eager to find out what's up

I heard he's moving to another streaming thing with the ninja and some other guy, big move they say

I also heard it could be for rape so there's that

Streamers are dummies in general but the doctor has something special, probably the reason he's got some tv show in the works ?

The thing is, if it's rape related I would expect a mug shot, a bail hearing, something with law enforcement. Not a contract that was ended.

The thing is, if it's rape related I would expect a mug shot, a bail hearing, something with law enforcement. Not a contract that was ended.

Rape cases usually take a LONG time for an arrest and the woman often is harassed and gets threatened. You would not expect an instant arrest or charges. It would take a lot of time to work through the system. A ton of them get worked out in silence and you don't hear the rest until there are multiple and NDAs expire. If it's a sexual type crime, you shouldn't expect to hear about it.

It's an act but the dude is a straight up loser who cheated on his wife.

The girl was some hot 19 year old / early 20's. I'd cheat on his wife for this girl. The young girl was dating a guy who was into threesomes and getting cucked and all that and they posted it on the Dr.s Twitter. Funny as hell. # awkward for the wife & 2 kids or w/e

Apparantly Dr. was talking about moving to another platform ( Mixer? or something ) but he was talking about it on Stream, which is a no-no on Twitch's TOS. Also, before talking about moving to mixer, he had a deal for a couple of million with Twitch. Then Mixer shutdown, so Dr. was assassinated by Twitch to get out of paying...

Apparantly Dr. was talking about moving to another platform ( Mixer? or something ) but he was talking about it on Stream, which is a no-no on Twitch's TOS. Also, before talking about moving to mixer, he had a deal for a couple of million with Twitch. Then Mixer shutdown, so Dr. was assassinated by Twitch to get out of paying...
He sounds brilliant.

I don't watch, pay attention to, or even really understand Twitch, Mixer, Etc... is video game streaming really this upright? Why does talking on Steam about moving a Twitch channel to Mixer violate Twitch's TOS? Streaming on Twitch isn't a contract, how can they dictate that you cannot also Stream on other platforms (or even talk about it)? If there was a contact (something worked out independently by Dr. and Twitch), then him violating that contract and moving to another platform isn't a TOS violation, it's a legal matter... but just the same talking about breaching a contract isn't the same as breaching a contract, I don't see how legal action could be taken in this case. I also don't see the point in banning him for this though. Shutting down a deal to get out of paying doesn't make sense. If they offered him a multi-million dollar contract to be exclusive to Twitch, it's because they really want him on Twitch. Why would Mixer shutting down play any role in that? I'm assuming Mixer was Twitch's biggest competitor, but I don't see why having Mixer gone suddenly makes this clown less valuable to Twitch. If the thought process is "without Mixer, he has nowhere else to go", that doesn't make sense. It's a reason why they might think they should no longer have to pay him, but banning him to get out of paying means he's not on Twitch anymore, which is the very thing they were trying to avoid by paying in the first place.

Who's the source of this information? Because if it's him, i'm more inclined to believe he's trying to cover his tracks and make himself sound like the victim for whatever it is that he did to get banned.

I don't watch, pay attention to, or even really understand Twitch, Mixer, Etc... is video game streaming really this upright? Why does talking on Steam about moving a Twitch channel to Mixer violate Twitch's TOS? Streaming on Twitch isn't a contract, how can they dictate that you cannot also Stream on other platforms (or even talk about it)? If there was a contact (something worked out independently by Dr. and Twitch), then him violating that contract and moving to another platform isn't a TOS violation, it's a legal matter... but just the same talking about breaching a contract isn't the same as breaching a contract, I don't see how legal action could be taken in this case. I also don't see the point in banning him for this though. Shutting down a deal to get out of paying doesn't make sense. If they offered him a multi-million dollar contract to be exclusive to Twitch, it's because they really want him on Twitch. Why would Mixer shutting down play any role in that? I'm assuming Mixer was Twitch's biggest competitor, but I don't see why having Mixer gone suddenly makes this clown less valuable to Twitch. If the thought process is "without Mixer, he has nowhere else to go", that doesn't make sense. It's a reason why they might think they should no longer have to pay him, but banning him to get out of paying means he's not on Twitch anymore, which is the very thing they were trying to avoid by paying in the first place.

Who's the source of this information? Because if it's him, i'm more inclined to believe he's trying to cover his tracks and make himself sound like the victim for whatever it is that he did to get banned.
Because at that level it is contracted. In said contracts are exclusivity deals.

Because at that level it is contracted. In said contracts are exclusivity deals.

I assumed that, and addressed it in my post. Even if he is contracted, saying he wants to move platforms is not the same as actually doing it. And I supposed it's possible that it is in the contact that he cannot even mention other platforms, but still, you're talking about a breach of contract situation here, which is a legal matter.

Even in that situation, the math doesn't add up to me. Twitch decides this guy is worth millions and needs to be under contract with them, and I'm supposed to believe that merely mentioning Mixer on Steam is enough to for the powers that be at Twitch to decide that not only is he no longer worth millions, but they don't want him on their platform at all anymore? Taking some sort of legal action to get what they paid for and enforce the contract, that I understand. Trying to invalidate it over a comment on Steam, I don't.

I assumed that, and addressed it in my post. Even if he is contracted, saying he wants to move platforms is not the same as actually doing it. And I supposed it's possible that it is in the contact that he cannot even mention other platforms, but still, you're talking about a breach of contract situation here, which is a legal matter.

Even in that situation, the math doesn't add up to me. Twitch decides this guy is worth millions and needs to be under contract with them, and I'm supposed to believe that merely mentioning Mixer on Steam is enough to for the powers that be at Twitch to decide that not only is he no longer worth millions, but they don't want him on their platform at all anymore? Taking some sort of legal action to get what they paid for and enforce the contract, that I understand. Trying to invalidate it over a comment on Steam, I don't.
Thats because its all rumors. Ive heard varying degrees of this and even some deeper shit that is logical. There is nothing to back up any of the rumors though.

To clarify. The moment you are able to make money on twitch it is a contract. Once you become some what popular and are able to make a living you are able to negotiate the terms in the contract. Once you get to the top you get exclusivity multi year contracts.

If you are making money on twitch then you are a partner. If you are a partner you have to abide by the TOS. I dont know if this is part of the partner TOS or part of the contract. This is the same if you are talking about leaving your employer publicly at work to try and leverage a better raise in an upcoming review and management catches wind of it. Its not going to be pretty. Also im not saying that is what is going on with Doc.

Thats because its all rumors. Ive heard varying degrees of this and even some deeper shit that is logical. There is nothing to back up any of the rumors though.

To clarify. The moment you are able to make money on twitch it is a contract. Once you become some what popular and are able to make a living you are able to negotiate the terms in the contract. Once you get to the top you get exclusivity multi year contracts.

If you are making money on twitch then you are a partner. If you are a partner you have to abide by the TOS. I dont know if this is part of the partner TOS or part of the contract. This is the same if you are talking about leaving your employer publicly at work to try and leverage a better raise in an upcoming review and management catches wind of it. Its not going to be pretty. Also im not saying that is what is going on with Doc.

I guess that logic checks out, but it would still make me inclined to believe that this goes deeper. Using your employee example... if someone is talking publicly about leaving, one has to assume that management's response will be dictated based on how they feel about the employee. If they are a problematic employee, they just got an excuse to let them go. If they are a valuable employee, more likely that they would try to quietly do what they can to keep them around. The same logic should apply here... even if just talking about Mixer is a violation of TOS, that in itself doesn't seem like a severe enough infraction to go from being a worth millions to being booted from the platform. Their actions would imply that there were other, deeper issues the two parties were having, and this was simply Twitch's excuse to terminate a contract that wasn't working out how they intended. That's why I ask, who's the source of these rumors? Is Dr Disrespect the one saying Twitch fired him over a comment about Mixer? Because my experience is that pretty much any time someone gets fired from a job, the reason they tell people (and often tell themselves) is a far cry from the actual reason.

I guess that logic checks out, but it would still make me inclined to believe that this goes deeper. Using your employee example... if someone is talking publicly about leaving, one has to assume that management's response will be dictated based on how they feel about the employee. If they are a problematic employee, they just got an excuse to let them go. If they are a valuable employee, more likely that they would try to quietly do what they can to keep them around. The same logic should apply here... even if just talking about Mixer is a violation of TOS, that in itself doesn't seem like a severe enough infraction to go from being a worth millions to being booted from the platform. Their actions would imply that there were other, deeper issues the two parties were having, and this was simply Twitch's excuse to terminate a contract that wasn't working out how they intended. That's why I ask, who's the source of these rumors? Is Dr Disrespect the one saying Twitch fired him over a comment about Mixer? Because my experience is that pretty much any time someone gets fired from a job, the reason they tell people (and often tell themselves) is a far cry from the actual reason.
In this case the employee had two strikes out of three. Im not saying he was bad because he was very good and his strike 2 was just an honest mistake. Hes a good entertainer and made alot of money for twitch and himself. So even if it was just a matter of a small TOS infraction right before a multi million dollar contract is signed they have grounds to ban him from twitch, get out of the contract and walk away.

DOC hasnt said anything. Twitch hasnt told him anything. The logical explanation ive heard has information against it by others that were allegedly involved denying it. I dont think anyone really knows what is going on and im not sure it will ever get out at this point.

Regardless of what happens and even if this was proven to be a mistake i dont think DOC will be back on twitch. Twitch legit deleted him. They refunded subs and everything.

I could totally see this as being something as petty as we don't want him to talk about competitors at all

I remember when Howard Stern was in the process of moving from CBS radio to Sirius, they forbade him from even saying the word Sirius at all. He invented code words for it and made it so that there were segments of the show where all hed do was talk about satellite radio without ever saying Sirius. Twitch might have anticipated something like that

Twitch is totally the raging 12 year old russian kid smacking his keyboard of the internet

Rape cases usually take a LONG time for an arrest and the woman often is harassed and gets threatened. You would not expect an instant arrest or charges. It would take a lot of time to work through the system. A ton of them get worked out in silence and you don't hear the rest until there are multiple and NDAs expire. If it's a sexual type crime, you shouldn't expect to hear about it.

I don't think this is the case, let me start there. But, can you imagine a poor woman accusing him of something like that. If her name leaks(and i'm sure it would) the crap she would take from 12 year olds on the internet is just awful. The harassment would be brutal. I hope i'm right and that isn't it. But this long silence is definitely concerning, Doc definitely did something bad.

Normally i'd say this is BS, he would move to another platform asap and start generating income. However, he quit streaming for quite a while after the affair stuff, and when he came back his channel was bigger than ever. Say what you want, but dude has a strong ass brand with loyal followers.

I don't think this is the case, let me start there. But, can you imagine a poor woman accusing him of something like that. If her name leaks(and i'm sure it would) the crap she would take from 12 year olds on the internet is just awful. The harassment would be brutal. I hope i'm right and that isn't it.
Just to clarify , but are you assuming 12 year olds are the median viewer age for him or twitch? Because that is entirely false. Average age for a twitch viewer is 21. So that means there are millions of people from all ages using twitch to watch someone play. And that’s per general Twitch user. Needing to be 18 and older to view Dr Disrespect, that average viewer age toward him substantially increases over the average viewer on twitch.

Just to clarify , but are you assuming 12 year olds are the median viewer age for him or twitch? Because that is entirely false. Average age for a twitch viewer is 21. So that means there are millions of people from all ages using twitch to watch someone play. And that’s per general Twitch user. Needing to be 18 and older to view Dr Disrespect, that average viewer age toward him substantially increases over the average viewer on twitch.
huh? You do not need to be 18 or older to watch him... or well, to watch him when he was on there. He was on the front page lol.

He knows why he was banned, he just doesn't want to say. If all these people do know, and he said he doesn't want to even ask them, that doesn't make sense. Why would you want people spreading false information if he thinks they are wrong, and who seriously would be OK getting fired and not finding out if you could? That is unless he was unhappy, doesn't care, and planning on leaving anyways - which may be why he was fired.

If he comes out with it, people know for CERTAIN and they stop talking about it. Right now, the drama helps feed the machine. He knows what he is doing. It is all an act and he is earning his keep IMO.

He knows why he was banned, he just doesn't want to say. If all these people do know, and he said he doesn't want to even ask them, that doesn't make sense. Why would you want people spreading false information if he thinks they are wrong, and who seriously would be OK getting fired and not finding out if you could? That is unless he was unhappy, doesn't care, and planning on leaving anyways - which may be why he was fired.
Twitch didnt even tell him so he doesnt lol.
Nobody knows. If you think these other people actually know why instead of just saying shit for clout then thats funny. If Twitch wont even publicly say or tell the person who was banned why then what makes you think other streamers on the platform actually know? There is a reason they wont say and would be slapped with a Defamation lawsuit. Your getting sucked into the hype and rumors.

Twitch didnt even tell him so he doesnt lol.
Nobody knows. If you think these other people actually know why instead of just saying shit for clout then thats funny. If Twitch wont even publicly say or tell the person who was banned why then what makes you think other streamers on the platform actually know? There is a reason they wont say and would be slapped with a Defamation lawsuit. Your getting sucked into the hype and rumors.

Twitch won't say because it is probably a legal issue. Dr idiot probably doesn't want to say because it'll embarrass him badly.

Twitch won't say because it is probably a legal issue. Dr idiot probably doesn't want to say because it'll embarrass him badly.

Did you see his last stream? He seemed to read something and then his reaction to what he read told me that it wasn't something embarrassing... "We'll get through this"

So you have this overwelming negative opinion about him and are now taking the worst rumors and funneling that into it because you want those things to be true. Got it.

Please remember Rule #1.

Please stop and think about what you are about to post. If this is you pictured below, go to another thread.

StopLiking.jpg

At first I thought it was sexual, but since his sponsors seem to have returned (Mountain Dew Game fuel pulled then restored his presence) and he is still sticking around I guess it must be contract related.

Only two options at this point would be a deal with Facebook or Spotify, since Facebook offered huge bucks to Shroud and Ninja which they both turned down. I could see it being Spotify and everything is still under NDA as they haven't announced any live streaming plans which could explain why no one will comment.

I know Spotify is getting into video soon with Joe Rogan and other podcasts so it wouldn't surprise me if they try streaming. Otherwise I can't think of anyone with a platform, users and money that would benefit from signing him and offering him enough to break his current contract.

At first I thought it was sexual, but since his sponsors seem to have returned (Mountain Dew Game fuel pulled then restored his presence) and he is still sticking around I guess it must be contract related.

Only two options at this point would be a deal with Facebook or Spotify, since Facebook offered huge bucks to Shroud and Ninja which they both turned down. I could see it being Spotify and everything is still under NDA as they haven't announced any live streaming plans which could explain why no one will comment.

I know Spotify is getting into video soon with Joe Rogan and other podcasts so it wouldn't surprise me if they try streaming. Otherwise I can't think of anyone with a platform, users and money that would benefit from signing him and offering him enough to break his current contract.
This is actually pretty inline with what ive heard. The NDAs are whats got everything sealed up. Only time will tell though. If it were me id go the spotify route.

Publicity stunt, seems to be working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back