Doom Eternal

I'm officially off of work this Friday. Can't say I'll be playing the game at midnight through the rest of the day, but I'll be playing the game the entire day beginning at midnight :cool:

I'm stockpiled with food and beer, but I don't really have anything to play at the moment. I just got a new job and nobody else seems to understand that working from home actually involves work, so I have a lot of downtime.

I'm stockpiled with food and beer, but I don't really have anything to play at the moment. I just got a new job and nobody else seems to understand that working from home actually involves work, so I have a lot of downtime.

My work is not really work-at-home-friendly even though my position (sys admin / network eng) I could do 95% from home if needed. We have a large production staff though that has to be here, so they just blanket all of us with that. That said, I've got multiple machines at home, so if I do end up being able to do a bit of work from there, I'll be able to simultaneously be working, playing games, watching cartoons, or whatever combination makes sense. :D

My work is not really work-at-home-friendly even though my position (sys admin / network eng) I could do 95% from home if needed. We have a large production staff though that has to be here, so they just blanket all of us with that. That said, I've got multiple machines at home, so if I do end up being able to do a bit of work from there, I'll be able to simultaneously be working, playing games, watching cartoons, or whatever combination makes sense. :D

My job (marketing manager/webmaster) is 99% the same in the office as it is remote. I'm used to working 50/50, so it's no big deal for me. The rest of the company is very office-focused and tend send work my way in massive waves. I'll have nothing for 3-4 hours and then suddenly (usually 'round the end of the day) I'll get a pile of requests.
Luckily I just discovered that the new Prey is available via Gamepass. I figure that should be a fun distraction for a few days.
My wife signed us up for Drizzly as well, so if the beer runs out, we can get more delivered :p

My job (marketing manager/webmaster) is 99% the same in the office as it is remote. I'm used to working 50/50, so it's no big deal for me. The rest of the company is very office-focused and tend send work my way in massive waves. I'll have nothing for 3-4 hours and then suddenly (usually 'round the end of the day) I'll get a pile of requests.
Luckily I just discovered that the new Prey is available via Gamepass. I figure that should be a fun distraction for a few days.
My wife signed us up for Drizzly as well, so if the beer runs out, we can get more delivered :p

Prey is cool. It's like System Shock Lite, and it's fun and beautiful. I didn't get pulled in as much as I'd have liked, but that may have been more due to external-to-the-game circumstances than anything to do with the game. It's definitely a solid game.

enjoy Doom Eternal...I'm hearing that games set for May and beyond are not a sure thing anymore and are likely to get delayed

I definitely will. Then, if there's a good sale on Steam in the near future, I'll grab four copies of Borderlands 3. That should keep me busy on the games side of things for a while.

I started a replay of Doom 2016 yesterday...I never played it on my 1440p G-Sync monitor so it's a better experience...plus I get to enable the 2 Nightmare graphics settings as well (Shadow Details and Virtual Texturing Page Size) which I wasn't able to do my first time...gorgeous game with everything maxed out using the Vulkan API...120+ fps with my older GTX 1070...I'm not expecting Doom Eternal to run this well but I'm hoping it's just as optimized as the first game

Last edited:
They already pushed back a lot of games to the Fall so they'll coincide with the new consoles. With those likely to be pushed back even further, we might be in for a pretty dry year of games. I think my plan is to go ham with GamePass.

They already pushed back a lot of games to the Fall so they'll coincide with the new consoles. With those likely to be pushed back even further, we might be in for a pretty dry year of games. I think my plan is to go ham with GamePass.

IDK about that, best decision a game company can make is to push products out while people have little else to spend on. Wouldn't be surprised if the industry adjusts to WFH and starts pushing titles out broken ready or not.

all the reviews mention you can easily do 1440p 60fps with a GTX 1080...2080Ti can do 4K 60 fps

raw.gif

15 hours sounds fine for a game like this IMO. At least as long as they keep it fresh like they did with the first Doom reboot. Any more than that and things start to get boring or tedious. I remember being bored to death of Quake 4 and it was only about 8-9 hours.

While I’m not a completionist, I do like to take my time, collect most things (usually not all) and take in the sights a bit. I bet I hit 18-20 first play.

While I’m not a completionist, I do like to take my time, collect most things (usually not all) and take in the sights a bit. I bet I hit 18-20 first play.

same as me...I like to take my time and explore everything...even then I tend to miss some really hidden/secret areas...some of the hidden spots in Doom 2016 were ridiculously hard to find...usually for a 2nd playthrough I like to collect everything after looking at a walkthrough

finished my Doom 2016 re-play last night...will be starting up Eternal when it unlocks at midnight

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the addition of Invasion Mode where you can enter another players game as a playable demon...unfortunately it won't be available at launch and will be released as a free update

Last edited:
First run of Doom 2016 took me 24 hours. Now I have almost 250 hours put into the game, and that's all single-player only.

same as me...I like to take my time and explore everything...even then I tend to miss some really hidden/secret areas...some of the hidden spots in Doom 2016 were ridiculously hard to find...usually for a 2nd playthrough I like to collect everything after looking at a walkthrough
Yeah second playthrough is what I use for grabbing all the stuff I missed the first time, and when I will let myself use online guides to find shit I can't manage to find on my own.

First run of Doom 2016 took me 24 hours. Now I have almost 250 hours put into the game, and that's all single-player only.

Yeah second playthrough is what I use for grabbing all the stuff I missed the first time, and when I will let myself use online guides to find shit I can't manage to find on my own.

Yeah, I've got a ton of hours on Doom 2016 also. :D I dabbled for a few hours in multiplayer, and it really wasn't too bad once they fixed it up, but 99% of my time is single player also. I just jump in, select a mission, and play from there at random times. It's a fun change of pace from other games, and is always fun.

Back