• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

doom 3 bfg edition

  • Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
how many new missions in Doom 3 and approximately how long is the extra content?
 
I bought the game 8 years ago... and now they re-release it on steam with minimal additional content and charge $30 for it...

Good one. I will wait for the quakecon sale or something when its $5.
 
There's a reason I said that too. It's because they are. I'm about to throw the thread over the rails, but have you been to the toilet after a chick takes a raging dump? It smells so FUCKED UP. GOD. :mad:

Compared to other "fucked up shits" dudes take. Not saying they aren't bad, but god almighty. The next time a woman tells me I stunk up the bathroom, I'll go find the damn shit she took in the sewer canal if I have to, and throw it on her desk.

i challenge you to go in after i've taken a 'too much protein powder today' bear-sized shit. no female can match my musk.

on topic (albeit less interesting): i never bothered to finish Doom 3 because i became bored out of my f'in mind with it. absolutely no reason to revisit it in my opinion. not even for nostalgia.
 
i challenge you to go in after i've taken a 'too much protein powder today' bear-sized shit. no female can match my musk.

on topic (albeit less interesting): i never bothered to finish Doom 3 because i became bored out of my f'in mind with it. absolutely no reason to revisit it in my opinion. not even for nostalgia.

I want to say I'm eager to try it, but I feel that nothing compares.
 
I want to say I'm eager to try it, but I feel that nothing compares.

I would like to say, congratulations on your masterful manipulation of people to indulge you in your fetish. ;) If you just asked straight out, you'd get rejected, but now you have people asking you!
 
I would like to say, congratulations on your masterful manipulation of people to indulge you in your fetish. ;) If you just asked straight out, you'd get rejected, but now you have people asking you!

I'm manipulative. No denying that ;)
 
I heard this was catered for consoles and there is no graphics option, WTF. Wanted to buy this but after hearing all the negative reaction I'm glad I didn't.
 
Adjusted things like lowering the light level and adding the player's shadow in the configuration file. The game looks better after some tweaking.
 
We decided to put the original game and the new BFG Edition head to head to get a better idea of the changes id Software has wrought...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-whats-new-for-pc-doom-3-bfg-edition

** sounds like a complete consolized downgrade...I now have zero faith in Doom 4

Why would anyone, ever?

What else could they possibly do? Seriously? More corridors? Like someone said before, they're great engine builders (let's not get all that Rage shit mixed in here, some poor execution etc.), but leave the game creation to other studios, like Bethesda or pretty much any company, ever.
 
people were saying sikkmod doesn't work.. I am guessing it should be moddable but new mods will have to come out for it.

edit: nm.. modding not possible with tech5 eng. see posts below
 
Last edited:
From what I'm reading, you can't use any mods at the moment. It seems to use a new format. Stuff that was used in the rage game was used in it. :(
 
From what I'm reading, you can't use any mods at the moment. It seems to use a new format. Stuff that was used in the rage game was used in it. :(



Yeah, Carmack said that at quakecon. Since it uses Tech5, modding isnt really possible.


Same with Doom 1 and 2 that it ships with. they're both running inside the Tech5 engine
 
So really this isn't all that different from what Half Life: Source was... existing assets ported to the new engine. At least they added a few lights and built the duct tape mod right into the game.

I suppose co-op didn't make sense for Doom 3 because of the tight corridors and what-not, but it would have been fun to play this game with a friend.
 
So really this isn't all that different from what Half Life: Source was... existing assets ported to the new engine. At least they added a few lights and built the duct tape mod right into the game.

I suppose co-op didn't make sense for Doom 3 because of the tight corridors and what-not, but it would have been fun to play this game with a friend.

I played with the co-op mod, the original doom 3, not this rip-off bs version. Worked fine with a buddy and I in there killing shit.
 
Yeah, Carmack said that at quakecon. Since it uses Tech5, modding isnt really possible.


Same with Doom 1 and 2 that it ships with. they're both running inside the Tech5 engine

wellllll... poo poo on that. :(
 
Yeah, Carmack said that at quakecon. Since it uses Tech5, modding isnt really possible.


Same with Doom 1 and 2 that it ships with. they're both running inside the Tech5 engine
Nah... only parts from Tech5 engine are netcode and controls(mouse, x360 controllers, xinput). The rest is pretty much Tech4 based.
 
Nah... only parts from Tech5 engine are netcode and controls(mouse, x360 controllers, xinput). The rest is pretty much Tech4 based.

they moved the threading model over as well if i remember right, and i think some other things like collision etc might of changed a bit.
 
The only advantage over regular Doom 3 with SikkModd, texture and sound packs is frame rate. Doom 3: BFG runs at rock solid 120 fps. Quite a difference tbh.
 
Doom 3 BFG Edtion - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI

This game is a classic! In the BFG Edition, you can see slightly upgraded graphics and native widescreen and Nvidia Surround support. There's also some really cool mods out there for this game to make it look even better. I mean, really, what more can I say? Dave Hester, help me out here!

dave+hester+yup.jpg


So, have you checked out Doom 3 BFG Edition yet?
 
I hate to bump this old thread but I am having an issue with the game. my framerate tanks after about 12-15 minutes. it drops down from 120 fps to just 10-15 fps and I have to restart the game but of course it will eventually do it all over again. anyone else with this issue?
 
I hate to bump this old thread but I am having an issue with the game. my framerate tanks after about 12-15 minutes. it drops down from 120 fps to just 10-15 fps and I have to restart the game but of course it will eventually do it all over again. anyone else with this issue?

Have you check your video card temperature?
 
Have you check your video card temperature?
even at 120 fps this game is putting about a 30% load on the gpu so its not hot at all. 42 C is the highest I saw. cpu temps are low too.

something just happens about 15 minutes into the game every time I play where it just tanks and stays there.
 
Back
Top