Divinity: Original Sin

It turned into four quests that I simply couldn't turn in, as they led to Charlene (his maid), the Librarian (adopted daughter), or the Mayor himself. The librarian attacked, charlene and mayor ran up during the fight, I killed the librarian then charlene decided to join in, but the mayor did not. The mayor just tells me he's sad about the librarian being dead, and no option to talk about quests. Killing the mayor doesn't fail the quests, they just sit hanging.

That's too bad. The quests should at least update saying something about you killing x NPC and so you can't turn in the quest.

The only quest I got stuck on is the Captive in the Ice or something like that. One of captive was this ogre/troll thing with a penchant for random violence if you read the dialog. Anyway, you have the option of killing him or helping him by finding some rift spell or another. Problem is, I can't find him nor the spell afterwards.

Does anyone know where the guys you save from the mechanical monster go when they say they're going to seek help from the legion? I've looked all over the legion compound but can't find them.

Also, I cleared the cave on the beach and feel I have the answer to why the orcs are attacking, but can't find anyone to turn the quest into. I figured someone should give a damn as to the purpose behind their presence...

Bump--anyone know?

yea prison, the dude guarding the store room, you can also play rock/paper/scissor with him to gain access to said store room

Ahh okay. No wonder I couldn't find them. I killed all the legionnaires in the prison when they got upset that I teleported into the loot room and saw me looking through their shit. Apparently if you do that before you save the guys from the mechanical boss, they don't spawn in the prison

oh well I didn't go full psycho on my game so I didn't know that.The cave on the beach is part of the main quest, pretty sure I did that one last in my stay in Cyseal

oh well I didn't go full psycho on my game so I didn't know that.The cave on the beach is part of the main quest, pretty sure I did that one last in my stay in Cyseal

Lol I didn't want to kill them, but I hadn't saved in while and theres no way to back down after you end up in combat

Ahh okay. No wonder I couldn't find them. I killed all the legionnaires in the prison when they got upset that I teleported into the loot room and saw me looking through their shit. Apparently if you do that before you save the guys from the mechanical boss, they don't spawn in the prison

Not true i killed them in my game and the legionares were there standing amongst the bodies after that quest

Lame question, but is there a way to see what class your characters are? I've forgotten who everyone is..

To illustrate how you can complete quests multiple ways... I had no idea there was a second teleporter pyramid until level 17...

That might have helped, but I never needed it until maybe the knight's tomb.

Before solving the murder mystery, when you are teleported to where the imp is he tells you that there is a second one to find.

Lame question, but is there a way to see what class your characters are? I've forgotten who everyone is..
There aren't really classes. The "classes" at the character creation screen are just preset skill combinations to roughly define your character but you can do whatever you want when you are leveling them. Just open the character panel and look at what skills and talents you have.

restarted my game with this 4x run speed mod going (which is too much btw), but having not killed 3 main npcs has added all kinds of new stuff I never saw on my first playthrough.

restarted my game with this 4x run speed mod going (which is too much btw), but having not killed 3 main npcs has added all kinds of new stuff I never saw on my first playthrough.

Can that mod be tweaked? 1.5 to 2 times runspeed would be nice.

edit: looks like there's a +33% runspeed mod, while out of combat. Mods don't affect save games do they?

I know that Skyrim was really finicky with adding/removing mods without a new game.

Last edited:
So interesting thing happened killing Evelyn....I was able to lure her to the top of the steps by herself, threw a spider and was able to kill her without the other fire demons coming up or the rest of my group who was in the room behind me. Awesome.

So interesting thing happened killing Evelyn....I was able to lure her to the top of the steps by herself, threw a spider and was able to kill her without the other fire demons coming up or the rest of my group who was in the room behind me. Awesome.

Hey nice! I just did that fight last night. It was the closest fight i've had yet. Everyone was just about dead.

Now to explore the rest of this area and hopefully find the church.

That fight I remember was semi-hard, me and my buddy wiped once, second time was better cause now we know who was the most dangerous. Hadn't had too many hard fights until last night when we wiped 3 times before getting it done, it was the fight to get what's her name's blood.

Took me three tries to beat the fight where Braccus Rex used to rule, that was fun! I was starting to wonder if i should turn up the difficulty as I was just steamrolling everything without much care, but now i've been losing some fights and having to plan things out more. Very fun when you have to think a bit more and deploy a strategy to succeed against difficult odds.

Also, just got a Rapid Fire book (i think that's what it's called) for my Ranger. SOOO stoked! I've checked the vendor every time I go to town for some more moves, but always came up empty handed. I was starting to think that Rangers didn't have any more moves. Glad I was wrong!

Am I the only one that hoards arrows like a tard? I have so many saved up and rarely use them because I don't want to waste an arrow if the fight doesn't require it lol

no I got a shit ton of arrow too, problem is my group has two mages so they devastate most things before my archer can get 1 or 2 turns in, most of the marksman skills to seems to be status effect or curing status effects rather than pure damage.

I downloaded the Fourplay mod last night, pretty neat how I can play with 4 friends!

its true turn based with char having more speed or hasted getting more turns. in multiplayer, the host assigns character to each player and then you wait til its your character(s) turn in combat.

its true turn based with char having more speed or hasted getting more turns. in multiplayer, the host assigns character to each player and then you wait til its your character(s) turn in combat.

What if the party is split and half joins combat but the other half is too far away? In single player, you're able to switch character and walk them over to the fight before even a single turn of combat has to take place.

its the same in multiplayer, you can just not take your turn and walk the rest of the party over

I loved this game. Anybody not playing this game is a fucking moron and needs lobotomy.

wouldn't go that far, still some bugs and glitches, mostly minor. The story is very generic and the dialogue is wordy so makes me just skip it as quickly as possible when I play. The trial and error nature of some puzzle is annoying and time consuming. The weight one at the immaculate trial thing was pretty annoying as hell.

One thing I haven't even done in this game is crafting. It seems so difficult and confusing. Can anyone give me some basic pointers to get me started? Say for instance, how to turn a white into a blue?

The gear I've found so far seem to be better than the crafting. I also only recently got the tenebrium skill so I plan on enhancing things I find that has really nice stats with the tenebrium. I think the crafting aspect is more or less optional but I'm a hoarder so I got shit ton of random crafting stuff on my archer who's the crafting character. I learn now to just sell or get rid of the food, that part of crafting really does seem pointless to me.

The gear I've found so far seem to be better than the crafting. I also only recently got the tenebrium skill so I plan on enhancing things I find that has really nice stats with the tenebrium. I think the crafting aspect is more or less optional but I'm a hoarder so I got shit ton of random crafting stuff on my archer who's the crafting character. I learn now to just sell or get rid of the food, that part of crafting really does seem pointless to me.

That's kind of what i've been thinking. Maybe if I started the game on hard instead of normal, I'd be forced to craft more. I also saw a mod offering "Source" difficulty, which is supposed to be harder than hard.

As for food, I think it's just in the game for parties without a heal spell, which would make this game a lot more challenging.

well my party has two mages, both with heal spell and the tank even has the heal skill so I rarely even use healing potions

So i've been playing with crafting a bit... is there no way to take a white weapon to a blue weapon? like, adding random properties to it?

Also, is there an ingredient vendor in Cyseal?

Last edited:
Finished the Church and Braccus battles. Just want to say the Spiders make a huge difference in my battles. I had two constantly hit Braccus and could not have done it without them.

Hey thanks for the link. That shit really IS complex, holy cow. How many people are active crafters?

Seems like a ton of work :eek:
Out of 77 hours I think I may have spent about 3-4 just crafting spell skillbooks, potions and scrolls. Didn't bother with armor.

Is there any way to increase walk speed in the game if you play with the four player mod with friends? Seems like you can have one or the other, but not both.

So i've been playing with crafting a bit... is there no way to take a white weapon to a blue weapon? like, adding random properties to it?

Also, is there an ingredient vendor in Cyseal?

The first question you can add stats and elemental dmg with Tormented Soul and Elemental essense or potions (can't remember which) respectively. I think you can use poison potion to add poison dmg. Not sure if it changes the color.

There are some, the fletcher would have arrow head and arrowshafts, either the weird cat mage or the enchanter in the marketplace has some ingredients. I usually find so much lying around I don't go looking the buy.

Back