Divinity: Original Sin

Didn't notice that, hah!

I've found that with high perception you discover the location of nearby keys very often, so my need for lockpicking has been limited. Sometimes you need to manually move around furniture/random stuff in rooms to find keys under them too. And when your char says "hmmm I've found something", make sure you hit ALT to highlight items instead of blinding trying to figure out what he spotted like I did for about 5minutes :D

Oh very cool! I didn't realize that perception helps find hidden loot =D

I do wish that alt would only show what's visible to you. As i'm trying to move more quickly through the beginning area since I just did it last week on my first characters, i've been using alt more and it makes some of the hidden loot too easy to find

Oh very cool! I didn't realize that perception helps find hidden loot =D

I do wish that alt would only show what's visible to you. As i'm trying to move more quickly through the beginning area since I just did it last week on my first characters, i've been using alt more and it makes some of the hidden loot too easy to find

Alt shows basic things that you'd be able to spot by randomly moving your mouse around (IE Pixel hunting) and will not show "hidden" loot/secrets unless your characters perception is high enough.

So the alt basically just takes out the frustration of wiping your mouse cursor all over the screen.

Alt shows basic things that you'd be able to spot by randomly moving your mouse around (IE Pixel hunting) and will not show "hidden" loot/secrets unless your characters perception is high enough.

So the alt basically just takes out the frustration of wiping your mouse cursor all over the screen.

Ah cool. I'm excited to see what i missed this time around since this time I'll have a character with high perception.

God i just want work to be over so i can go home and play ><

Is bartering party wide? I don't see any difference in prices between party members with or without the talent

I've seen a diference. You have to actually select the party member (not just change inventory) to see price change.

I've seen a diference. You have to actually select the party member (not just change inventory) to see price change.

which is one of those small annoyances of this game.

I'm still trying to finish solving this damn murder mystery. I really should try playing this game sober.

which is one of those small annoyances of this game.

I'm still trying to finish solving this damn murder mystery. I really should try playing this game sober.

I think thats one of the many things that make this game great; definitely not an annoyance. It has a lot of depth.

It would be great if you could select multiple items in your inventory with left click and send them to another character with one right click

This game is the most fun I've had in a "traditional" crpg in quite a while. Years.

I've only just wrapped up the murder mystery, but I see myself devoting quite a few non work hours to this over the next couple weeks.

Rogue, witch, wizard, 2h man at arms seems to be a good party combo, at least at level 7.

This is awesome
Yeah, but I think that after only 4 days it's a tad bit early to "announce" this mod. I understand the guy is excited but there's a reason software developers typically don't send out media information right after they leave the board room with an approved budget. Now he's going to have to put up with a barrage of "play test" and "how's it coming" request until it's finished.

Should of finished the "demo" before announcing, so he could get feedback, make tweaks that are needed in the core systems, then move to full production to finish the last levels.

Laying out some buildings and placing water is the easiest thing to do. He has a lot of hard work ahead of him.

Has anyone used any mods? How's it done exactly?

Also, quick question about DOS gameplay--what's the trick with smoke? I know it messes up line of sight, but under what circumstances is it created, and how do you remove it?

This game is the most fun I've had in a "traditional" crpg in quite a while. Years.

I've only just wrapped up the murder mystery, but I see myself devoting quite a few non work hours to this over the next couple weeks.

Rogue, witch, wizard, 2h man at arms seems to be a good party combo, at least at level 7.

Agreed this game is like crack to me right now. I hope there are more quests like the murder mystery. You can approach it from so many different angles, it's insane!

How have you been liking the rogue? Have you gone pure daggers or have you incorporated a spell school? Do you have points in sneak?

Rogue is fun. I have him set up for scouting and backstabbing. I have a second gear set with a nice legendary hammer and a shield if I need him to tank (1 point in man at arms and the hammer gives shield specialty 1). Sneaking plus lockpick is pretty goddamn useful, too. It made collecting evidence during the investigation a breeze, and you can set up some nice backstabs to start a fight out if you're careful. No points in any magic schools yet.

Witch is witchery/geo/hydro. Wizard is pyro/aero with high loremaster through rings and amulets. 2h man at arms is pretty much a berserker with a nasty axe and good legendary plate armor.

Rogue is fun. I have him set up for scouting and backstabbing. I have a second gear set with a nice legendary hammer and a shield if I need him to tank (1 point in man at arms and the hammer gives shield specialty 1). Sneaking plus lockpick is pretty goddamn useful, too. It made collecting evidence during the investigation a breeze, and you can set up some nice backstabs to start a fight out if you're careful. No points in any magic schools yet.

Witch is witchery/geo/hydro. Wizard is pyro/aero with high loremaster through rings and amulets. 2h man at arms is pretty much a berserker with a nasty axe and good legendary plate armor.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to swap out one of my casters for a rogue one of these days.

Are you using any of the companions or did you do this through henchmen?

The 2h man at arms is the chick (Madora?) from the King Crab Inn, but I hired the pyro wizard in the Hall of Heroes. I didn't know about Jahan until about level 6.

I'm about 40 hours in at 13th level. I've been running a 3 man party: damage mage (fire/earth), board and sword tank/cleric, and Jahan as a nuker/healer (water/air). Some of the fights are stupid hard when my party gets hit with crowd control, but overall the party seems to do very well due to two characters having heals, AOEs, and summons.

According to steam I have 103 hours in it so far and I just hit level 16. Definitely gotten my moneys worth out of this one. The devs did a phenomenal job with game.

I somehow managed to put it almost 20 hours over the weekend without even realizing it. I just got to level 9 and finished what I thought was the first really tough battle. Doing pretty well with Elementalist/Cleric mains and Madora + Jahan.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

Can someone tell me about that talking Oyster at the start of the game? The one just to the left of where you start that you can see/hear talking?

I just remembered I was going to go to it but got to the "tutorial" dungeon area and when I got a prompt to go into it I figured I'd come back out an dbe able to go there, but I didn't.

Is this something you should do before the tutorial?

Can someone tell me about that talking Oyster at the start of the game? The one just to the left of where you start that you can see/hear talking?

I just remembered I was going to go to it but got to the "tutorial" dungeon area and when I got a prompt to go into it I figured I'd come back out an dbe able to go there, but I didn't.

Is this something you should do before the tutorial?

You can go back and talk to it if you want, but you're not missing out on much. Basically, you get to decide whether to throw him back in the ocean or crack him open, steal his pearl and sell it for money. One of the many good vs evil decisions you make throughout the course of the game.

With D:OS, Wasteland 2, and PoE coming out this year and absolutely killing it, I hope publishers start looking at PC once again as a legitimate platform for future strategy RPGs. These kind of games can be made for 10M and can make their money back with only 200,000-300,000 in sales. I wouldn't be surprised if D:OS already sold more than that.

Okay thanks. I'll have to look for a spell which can handle this for my wizard companion.

Does smoke do anything bad to you if you're standing in it?

With D:OS, Wasteland 2, and PoE coming out this year and absolutely killing it, I hope publishers start looking at PC once again as a legitimate platform for future strategy RPGs. These kind of games can be made for 10M and can make their money back with only 200,000-300,000 in sales. I wouldn't be surprised if D:OS already sold more than that.

I can't wait to see some numbers from Larian. Seems to me this game is kicking a ton of ass and is being very positively received. Add to that the modding capabilities, and everyone should get much more than their money's worth.

Does anyone have concrete numbers on dev costs and sales on these things?

It sounded like dev costs for divinity original sin as around 4 million dollars, ~800-900k from kickstarter, the rest from other sources.

How many copies have sold so far? how many more typically sell over the next several years?

services like steam still take a 30% cut do they not? Does gog take the same amount?

I wonder if sales for D:OS are typical. Remember, 2013 was a terrible, TERRIBLE year for rpgs, there was so much pent up demand that rpg gamers the world over exploded in anticipation to get ANYTHING.

If it is typical, we may see more though. Even with steams cut, over a couple of years, I think we can easily see more of this types of games.

And if D:OS had a 4 million dollar budget, I wonder if another company might be able to tack on another 2-3 million and complete the same type of game with voice acting support for all that text. People say it's not feasible with all this text, but is it really that impossible with enough money to spare? What % of the total dev budget of TOR did voice acting take up?

They had sold 200k copies the first week, iirc. I think that was the break even point. It stayed top seller on Steam for quite a while, and still hovers up there.

Okay thanks. I'll have to look for a spell which can handle this for my wizard companion.

Does smoke do anything bad to you if you're standing in it?

Tornado, I believe.

No negative effects other than obfuscation of the character's vision.

been kick it co-op style with a buddy on our first play through, enjoying it so far but there are some rough edges that I hope they iron out eventually.

Oh man that's hilarious. "I want the game fucking explained to me". Ugh.

I didn't get past the "What is wrong with the player creation screen" section. That guy needs a puppeteer to control his every move. Puff Daddy used to have a guy hold an umbrella over his head when it rained. This guy should hire him since he obviously isn't capable of figuring out how to open one on his own.

@Comixbooks. Both games are based on reading a ton of dialogue. If curling up with a good book is your idea of a good time then these games may appeal to you. ;) With that said I really need to make more time for this game. Must. Stop. Playing. Warframe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThxP55Cqeo

Holy nuts this guy is pissed about the game =) I haven't played it so I can't say if he's kinda right.
I picked up the video after this guy was flaming another guy about Divinity being like Chess.

I'm personally waiting for Pillars of Eternity

The guy is a fucking retard, if he wants his hand held he should go play skyrim or any number of Bioware games. Seriously he was complaining about terminology being inserted into the loading screens like "blood pressure".....uhhhh that was simply advice to save often to avoid high blood pressure, nothing to do with game mechanics, no wonder he wants his hand held if he has such terrible reading comprehension.

Edit: ahahaha oh man, now he is bitching about the way that customised is spelt on the character creation screen.....there is no such word he says, except if you live outside the US like the majority of the world's population!

Edit: ahahaha oh man, now he is bitching about the way that customised is spelt on the character creation screen.....there is no such word he says, except if you live outside the US like the majority of the world's population!

I lol-ed at that too. He probably thinks pronouncing 'z' as 'zed' is also incorrect. :rolleyes:

Yea that video was painful to watch. I'm not sure if he's serious or just trolling. I saw the blood pressure tip for the first time and chuckled.

I wonder how old this guy is.

That guy is just really "simple". I mean borderline mentally handicapped. I can't explain that video otherwise.

Back