Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

- Not really related to D4, BUT BE WARNED - DO NOT install the Nvidia 363.09 hotfix driver that was released today.

I installed them because it claimed to fix some G-sync issues that I wasn't even experiencing.... (I know, I know. "it if ain't broke...")

Basically, I installed them over the 352.98 D4 drivers that came out a few days ago; rebooted anddddd The Dreaded Blue Screen "IRQ not equal" error.

.... Instead of playing the game more, I've spent the last several hours DDUing/nuking the drivers and then restoring/re-doing all my NVCP game profiles and other settings.

NO. FUN.

I'll def still be on later tonight tho (y)

Just realized I've been playing World Tier 1.... and I am ashamed of myself

I merely assumed this game was designed for ARPG noobs/console players smfh

Question. I assume the world map is not randomly generated. Are the dungeons, caves, etc randomly generated maps?
world map is static, yes.
dungeons and caves, at least in the beta were all very repetitve and the layouts varied between maybe 10 presets. people complained about that, not sure if it was changed for launch

Just realized I've been playing World Tier 1.... and I am ashamed of myself

I merely assumed this game was designed for ARPG noobs/console players smfh
To be fair, if you're not keeping up with your equipment as you level the game starts to get really hard around level 15. Since every character basically starts from the same baseline, you need to make sure that the stats and bonuses on your gear synergize well with your character build. Don't just throw on a new item because it has a higher item level.

I backed down to WT1 on hardcore because I started coming really close to death a few times. Unless you want to waste a lot of times farming and running world events, then I would just keep it on WT1. I'm at the point on my sorcerer where I desperately need to keep my intelligence and skill damage bonuses high if I want to keep the clear speed up, and WT2 would make it miserable.

make sure that the stats and bonuses on your gear synergize well with your character build. Don't just throw on a new item because it has a higher item level.

TepidPoliteBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

lol

I had to post that response. All in good fun of course friendo

Mine was using 21G avg at 4k 120hz maxed out during the last beta.. no DLSS trickery.. smooth as butter though.
4k 120hz and DLAA and it's smooth af. I haven't seen crazy mobs yet but no dip in frames and that unlock frame rate for cinematic videos really helps at that refresh rate. It's a bit jarring to go to 30fps from 110+.

I just pre-ordered the standard edition. I am not paying 20 bucks more for a couple of days. I did briefly play the betas on xbox. Question. I assume the world map is not randomly generated. Are the dungeons, caves, etc randomly generated maps?
you also get the battlepass with it too. Yet, it's not out yet...

Compared to D3, the writing & voice acting is just turrible..

I'm tempted to mute the voices & hit skip on everything but the BIG cgi cutscenes.

A real shame, because the first playthrough of D3 was so epic due to it's storytelling

It doesn't seem like WT2 is worth it for the extra difficulty. Just clear everything on WT1 and then jump into WT3 when you're able.
I think the general consensus is you are correct, the experience buff from WT2 doesn’t make up for the fact that it takes longer to kill stuff. Also I don’t believe it changes the amount of XP you get from story quests so it’s better to clear the story on WT1 then bump it up later.

Compared to D3, the writing & voice acting is just turrible..

I'm tempted to mute the voices & hit skip on everything but the BIG cgi cutscenes.

A real shame, because the first playthrough of D3 was so epic due to it's storytelling

This has to be sarcasm right? lol

A butterfly killed Cain without any cutscene or battle.

This has to be sarcasm right? lol

A butterfly killed Cain without any cutscene or battle.

I can say without sarcasm, that muting the voice/commentary and skipping most "fluff" scenes....

I'm having a much better time. (Although the maps lack of True North + missing map overlay = a ton of wasted time)

- Just started Act II. Soooo, that's where I'm at

Lvl 10 Sorc - (no re-spec's... YET)

4 Spark
+ Enhanced Spark
2 Chain Lightning
2 Fire Bolt

Gear emphasizing Intelligence

Edit: Lvl 10, not 11 my bad

Last edited:
Twisted Blades Rogue.

Meshif has fallen on hard times since D2 lol.

Also spoiler question...
Meshif keeps calling Lorath by the name Deckard

Last edited:
After 22 half assed hours, my arc lash sorc is level 50 and finished the first capstone dungeon. Probably would have been a couple hours faster if they didn't make certain dialogs unskipable/slow to skip.

Overall the game is not as bad as I expected it to be. Feels like a western game dev said "let's make a Lost Ark clone". Fortunately it only took 1/3rd the time to reach actual game play (end game) compared to Lost Ark. And there's no P2W mechanic for them to capitalize on.

Apparently you can add on additional paragon boards to your default paragon board, or some nonsense like that. Seems like a lazy attempt at copying PoE's cluster jewel mechanic. I'm sure there are plenty of other "inspired by" examples of stuff in this game, but with a Blizzard level of polish. Absolutely nothing about this game feels innovative.

BUT, if this arc lash build I'm playing is really an "A tier" build like maxroll.gg claims, I feel sorry for anyone using an inferior build. Because this is just barely passable. In retrospect, I should have just gone into the game blind and made my own "build". Skill refund costs are CHEAP, especially early on.

Currently getting my ass handed to me in whatever difficulty level 3 is called. Apparently it will get significantly less awful once I get lucky enough for a rare/legendary "sacred" weapon to drop. Feels like a modern day equivalent of PSO v2 on the Dreamcast where Ultimate was an excersise in getting your shit pushed in until you were lucky enough to have a "red" weapon drop.

Not sure how long I'll stick with this game. I'm probably just too old for this shit.

After 22 half assed hours, my arc lash sorc is level 50 and finished the first capstone dungeon. Probably would have been a couple hours faster if they didn't make certain dialogs unskipable/slow to skip.

Overall the game is not as bad as I expected it to be. Feels like a western game dev said "let's make a Lost Ark clone". Fortunately it only took 1/3rd the time to reach actual game play (end game) compared to Lost Ark. And there's no P2W mechanic for them to capitalize on.

Apparently you can add on additional paragon boards to your default paragon board, or some nonsense like that. Seems like a lazy attempt at copying PoE's cluster jewel mechanic. I'm sure there are plenty of other "inspired by" examples of stuff in this game, but with a Blizzard level of polish. Absolutely nothing about this game feels innovative.

BUT, if this arc lash build I'm playing is really an "A tier" build like maxroll.gg claims, I feel sorry for anyone using an inferior build. Because this is just barely passable. In retrospect, I should have just gone into the game blind and made my own "build". Skill refund costs are CHEAP, especially early on.

Currently getting my ass handed to me in whatever difficulty level 3 is called. Apparently it will get significantly less awful once I get lucky enough for a rare/legendary "sacred" weapon to drop. Feels like a modern day equivalent of PSO v2 on the Dreamcast where Ultimate was an excersise in getting your shit pushed in until you were lucky enough to have a "red" weapon drop.

Not sure how long I'll stick with this game. I'm probably just too old for this shit.

The Lost Ark/PSOv2 references speak VOLUMES.

I agree 110%

- I think the kid's call it "Time-Gating". Ie. Just ways to elongate the experience..

I dunno about you, but I'm tired of these long walks between objectives exacerbated by un-skippable narrative.

Last edited:
So let's talk builds here ...

What's everyone running right now?
Level 34 Sorceress

Basic
1 Frost Bolt + Enhanced Frost Bolt + Glinting Frost Bolt
1 Arc Lash

Core
5 Chain Lightning + Enhanced Chain Lightning + Greater Chain Lightning
1 Devastation + 3 Elemental Dominance
3 Glass Cannon
1 Fireball

Defensive
1 Teleport + Enhanced Teleport + Shimmering Teleport
1 Frost Nova + Enhanced Frost Nova + Mystical Frost Nova
1 Ice Armor + Enhanced Ice Armor

Conjuration
1 Lightning Spear

Mastery
1 Static Discharge + 3 Shocking Impact

Ultimate
3 Coursing Currents

Key Passive
Vyr's Mastery

Enchantments
Arc Lash + Fireball

Run into a pack of enemies, dump all your cooldowns, spam Chain Lightning, and watch the lolsplosions. Using Recharge Aspect on one ring for bosses to keep my energy up.

Level 34 Sorceress

Basic
1 Frost Bolt + Enhanced Frost Bolt + Glinting Frost Bolt
1 Arc Lash

Core
5 Chain Lightning + Enhanced Chain Lightning + Greater Chain Lightning
1 Devastation + 3 Elemental Dominance
3 Glass Cannon
1 Fireball

Defensive
1 Teleport + Enhanced Teleport + Shimmering Teleport
1 Frost Nova + Enhanced Frost Nova + Mystical Frost Nova
1 Ice Armor + Enhanced Ice Armor

Conjuration
1 Lightning Spear

Mastery
1 Static Discharge + 3 Shocking Impact

Ultimate
3 Coursing Currents

Key Passive
Vyr's Mastery

Enchantments
Arc Lash + Fireball

Run into a pack of enemies, dump all your cooldowns, spam Chain Lightning, and watch the lolsplosions. Using Recharge Aspect on one ring for bosses to keep my energy up.

5e7e61fe34ed52&ep=v1_internal_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy.gif

Do Higher levels require you to Grind XP? How bad does it slow down or what level does it crawl at?

View attachment 574362

Yeah Boosting Services why play the game?
For some people, primarily more in the Asian market, the game is more of a social status thing. They don't give a shit about just playing a game. They just want to show everyone they have the highest/best/most expensive whatever. It's like owning a rolex or something to them.

It's absurd, but that's the thinking behind it. So these services will always thrive. There will be a rich kid somewhere that will pay for it.

For some people, primarily more in the Asian market, the game is more of a social status thing. They don't give a shit about just playing a game. They just want to show everyone they have the highest/best/most expensive whatever. It's like owning a rolex or something to them.

It's absurd, but that's the thinking behind it. So these services will always thrive. There will be a rich kid somewhere that will pay for it.
I'm not entirely sure that way of thinking is localized to just Asia. :D

The side quests are pretty meh and I don't think they're even particularly well voiced or acted.

I am enjoying the main story beats though.

Dungeons I am on the fence about.

The game looks the part for sure though, they definitely nailed the visuals and it's mostly very smooth.

So far I am having a good time. Put very little time into beta(s). I like that this is a cross between 2 and 3 with some MMO aspects. I have not read any character guides, how to or anything. Playing on World 2 tier. I like the speed and feel. Barely remember D3(been so long snice I played). While it appears some aspects are dumbed down, so far its not bothering me. Will it be better than D2+LOD, to early to tell. Will I get my money's worth.... 100%. The Dodge aspect, variety of enemies, their variety of range and melee, the graphics, all add to the effects. No issues or crashes so far, and on my rig in sig smooth as silk maxed out at 1440P. So far 16GB is enough. I have a 32GB kit waiting if I need it, just to lazy to put in atm. If things start to get laggy a 5800x 3D and 32GB ram kit will solve that. Exploring at a slow pace not trying rush through. I see some ppl at LV 45-50 already.

My only complaint with this is that they gave up main map randomization. You'd think they would have taken a step forward with that with the next game, not a step backwards. Really a step down from Diablo 3 in that regard. Yes, the dungeons seem to be randomly generated, but that isn't anything special/new.

Caved in and hopped on today, really liking what I'm seeing so far! Played to level 5 and have a sorc with with lightning arc, went with WT1 for the first go but hope this keeps me interested enough for multiple playthroughs.

Caved in and hopped on today, really liking what I'm seeing so far! Played to level 5 and have a sorc with with lightning arc, went with WT1 for the first go but hope this keeps me interested enough for multiple playthroughs.

Crank it up, lighting sorc is bonkers

Reactions: w35t
like this
Mathematically WT1 is more efficient especially if you are solo.
WT2 might be better if you are literally just farming dungeons over and over. Or if you just want to challenge yourself.

I am ok with steamrolling slightly slower and having difficulty be a step above being able to play with my eyes closed for my first run through

I am ok with steamrolling slightly slower and having difficulty be a step above being able to play with my eyes closed for my first run through
This will help me enjoy the main story due to the harder challenge and will force me to take breaks and come back if there is legit uptick in difficulty playing first character in T2

Just hit lvl43. Somewhere around Act 2/3 I just started solely doing story missions.

If you are doing all the side quests I bet you can hit lvl50 in Act 2. Game is long lol

Is the max level for gear 50 or 100?
So far I just know there is or are levels of gear beyond Legendary (Sacred and Unique) that don't drop unless you play WT3 and WT4, which you can only play starting at level 50 and after you beat the campaign once.

Back