Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

I'm sure I'm over simplifying it but we're in 2023 right? Can the infrastructure team not spin up more auth servers or scale up the ones they have? Why is it every major game screws this up? Have so many fucking servers ready that you have to dial back. I don't get it...

I just logged in without buying anything about fifteen minutes ago. Don't buy anything if you can't lol. Just keep retrying.

Lvl 47 here, haven't finished Act 2 story yet. PS5 having Shenanigans. Can't wear my Ashava horn for a bit, so I just drink out of it at each inn to make the plebes jealous.

Lots of fun. Drop rate took off around lvl 35.

Gonna finally take a break from playing lol. You get a unique, even in WT1, from killing a certain boss eventually in Act 5.

I thought that would be the end of the story, but there is stilllll more and my eyes feel like they're gonna fall out from binge playing.

Gonna finally take a break from playing lol. You get a unique, even in WT1, from killing a certain boss eventually in Act 5.

I thought that would be the end of the story, but there is stilllll more and my eyes feel like they're gonna fall out from binge playing.
Zizaran has a video up and his eyes are so freaking tanked. Looks high as all hell. According to him, he pulled a 28h stretch.

Thinking about upgrading mine to digital deluxe tonight for 20 bones and play till 4am.
If you're even having that thought, please take my advice and go for it. I hate almost every game and I've been playing since about 9am this morning minus the few hours that auth servers went down.

I'm sure I'm over simplifying it but we're in 2023 right? Can the infrastructure team not spin up more auth servers or scale up the ones they have? Why is it every major game screws this up? Have so many fucking servers ready that you have to dial back. I don't get it...
it is typical companies these days, do the BARE minimum needed and only when things to go hell in a hand basket is it "maybe we shoudl add more infra" or, it is just crap-tastic code that now it has hit critical mass, can not handle things very well and so now they are scrambling to add in optimizations and other things to make things work.

It is 2023, but, Companies are still about money and pushing things out the door as fast as possible, Dev's can still be lazy as hell and think their code is the best, cause it runs fine in their sandbox, and infra people get shot down when they say ask for a little more infra to leave some head room "just incase"

I disagree. I ran into a problem with it sititng at that screen. I restarted and zipped right in.
You are allowed to, but that does not mean the other person's experience is not valid...what works for you doesnt work for everyone and vice versa.

Left corner HUD option is pretty neat - much cleaner for ultra widescreen.
1685849352732.png

Really tired of walking in this game, the open world is basically full of nothing anyway. Same few challenges. Worried I'm getting a little bored already. The skill system is absolute dog water, it's even more shallow than D3. Atleast they had runes that fundamentally altered the effect of the skill you chose. I've been doing the same WW since level 4.

Looks like Nerfs top to me but not all the classes unless they didn't get around.
They nerfed the overly op classes, rogue and barbarian. And some skills that were out of balance with other skills. For a game which is trying to be balanced, you get one build which is 10x better than any other build.

It's a "Contender"

But the boo-boo story and walking just screams rushed-out-the-door for $
It's Blizzard. There best efforts are in 4 years of hype prior too a game being released. Now we wait for patches, dlc, cosmetics. Like the previous versions.

It's a fair game, and I expect it to evolve over the years. Will this one keep our attention like previous versions? We will see

I still don't understand the decision to not randomize the world map. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess it makes sense if you're the type that likes to grind stuff as fast as possible, but I really enjoyed that aspect of D3.

Really tired of walking in this game, the open world is basically full of nothing anyway. Same few challenges. Worried I'm getting a little bored already. The skill system is absolute dog water, it's even more shallow than D3. Atleast they had runes that fundamentally altered the effect of the skill you chose. I've been doing the same WW since level 4.

Yeah I wasn't blow away by anything either yet but I won't give it a fair shake untill Tuesday Morning where I plan on ordering 2 Stuff Crust Pizza and drink some Illegal Soda.
On top of my God like Valari Pillows way better than My Pillow.

It's a "Contender"

But the boo-boo story and walking just screams rushed-out-the-door for $
Huh? What does boo-boo story even mean?

And how do you equate that and walking around with being a rushed game? How does anyone call this rushed especially with the repeatedly awful launches this year that have shown what a rushed game truly looks like?
I still don't understand the decision to not randomize the world map. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess it makes sense if you're the type that likes to grind stuff as fast as possible, but I really enjoyed that aspect of D3.
"randomize the world map" in what way? Like the dungeons being fixed points? D3 isn't anywhere near as random as you might think outside of Rifts, btw.

I would think it's b/c you can't have a randomly generated world and still have players see/interact with each other b/c everyone's worlds/map would be different?

Back