Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

image000000_20230420_142919.jpg

Server slam will include all the mentioned updates.
Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy is a unique reward to this event. Must beat Ashava with a level 20 character.

Finally! A Diablo game with controller support!

This glaring omission from the previous Diablo games… and here I mean Diablo, Diablo 2, and Diablo 3… was the reason I never played… well, those previous games.

Once again I thank the gaming gods for answering my prayers! Thank you, Jeebus!

And thanks, also, to Jack S. Newman, for having originated the idea of the controller in his lab at M.I.T. on June 27th,1969! Thank you, Jack! R.I.P.

If we beat Ashava already do we automatically get the new title? Or we need to do it again now that it's new?

Finally! A Diablo game with controller support!

This glaring omission from the previous Diablo games… and here I mean Diablo, Diablo 2, and Diablo 3… was the reason I never played… well, those previous games.

Once again I thank the gaming gods for answering my prayers! Thank you, Jeebus!

And thanks, also, to Jack S. Newman, for having originated the idea of the controller in his lab at M.I.T. on June 27th,1969! Thank you, Jack! R.I.P.
Diablo II Resurrected has controller support on PC.

Glad to see some more reasonable spawn times.

Diablo IV Final Beta Test Announced, Server Slam Event Starting May 12

HELP US GEAR UP FOR LAUNCH DURING THE DIABLO IV SERVER SLAM - Calling all wanderers! In preparation for the launch of Diablo IV on June 6, we must enlist your demon-cleansing services for one final task: Server Slam. From May 12, 12 p.m.-May 14, 12 p.m. PDT, everyone can come to Sanctuary's defense on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4—along with couch co-op for consoles and cross-play and cross-progression for all platforms—against the armies of the Burning Hells to help us test the durability of our servers.

WHAT TO EXPECT DURING SERVER SLAM
Server Slam will give players one final weekend in Hell to experience a fraction of what Diablo IV has to offer, while simultaneously testing the capabilities of our servers prior to launch. The Prologue and entirety of Act I will be your canvas to paint with the remains of slain demons. Fractured Peaks, the first Zone, is yours to navigate as you please. Traverse its rugged landscape as Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue, or Sorcerer, unleashing devastating power upon foes, and honing your unique skillset in the process.

https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-4...nacle-boss-encounter-at-the-end/#comment-jump

Piepiora adds that there will be an unspecified point past level 100 where you've "received the maximum power of gear," and at that point you can reroll and respec your character until you feel you've maximized your build. And then, and only then, according to Blizzard, will you want to take on the defacto final boss of the Nightmare dungeons. An encounter which Piepiora suggests will take you several tries before having a chance at beating.

"At level 100, we do have a pinnacle boss encounter we want players to engage with that's been balanced so that it's extraordinarily, extraordinarily challenging," he said.

Can't wait for all the tears from people who think this will be anything but trash and cash grabs

Only game I care about this year since Ashes of Creation seems pretty far away and Patheon Rise of the Fallen is always delayed.
Oh yeah I care about Baldur's Gate 3 when that comes out.

Diablo IV Ultra 4k System Spec Requirements

Settings to run Diablo IV at 4K resolution, ultra graphics settings, and 60fps.

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series for fully supported DLSS3 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space
Internet: Broadband Connection

Yeah I was getting like 150fps 4K DLSS Ultra, my monitor is only 60hz so I don't test much that high. Game runs fine aside from the stutter possibly related to ram usage.
I'm gonna try the next beta without the high res pack.

I just hope my net is good enough running on 2013 Dialup basically. It's good enough for COD. MW and big World Boss raids in Rift see what happens in June. The stutter I was getting was from Graphics and not my net.

Can't wait for all the tears from people who think this will be anything but trash and cash grabs
Not that I expect you to be able to elaborate on "trash and cash grabs" but it's pretty weird to get off on the disappointment of others.

Yeah I was getting like 150fps 4K DLSS Ultra, my monitor is only 60hz so I don't test much that high. Game runs fine aside from the stutter possibly related to ram usage.
I'm gonna try the next beta without the high res pack.
You need to get a 144hz or higher refresh rate monitor either with G-Sync or G-Sync compatibility. It'll change your life.

I was a non believer too.

Still haven't purchased this and didn't play the beta. I think I'll check out the server slam event though.

I'm excited to get into a new Diablo game since I basically skipped playing D3. And I'm ready to play something different than POE in the arpg space in all honesty. The visuals seem really amazing.

Can't find the official date for early release dates for us who bought the deluxe and up package.

I get that June 6th is DDAY, so the marketing works. But June 6th a Wednesday :(

hoping it is released on that Sunday prior for us EA folks.

I thought I saw somewhere that it is Thursday evening June 1st.
4 day early access for the Deluxe version I just have to get through 5 more weeks of Walmart. I wish I had two weeks off but PTO hasn't accumulated.
I had like 5-6 weeks off last year because of sick time consolidation.

Back