Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Can't find the official date for early release dates for us who bought the deluxe and up package.

I get that June 6th is DDAY, so the marketing works. But June 6th a Wednesday :(

hoping it is released on that Sunday prior for us EA folks.
June 6th is a Tuesday and at best we early access folks might be playing by Friday the 2nd.

"**Up to 4 days based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences."

It's blizzard though, so never hold them to anything, but hopefully that's the way it pans out.

June 6th is a Tuesday and at best we early access folks might be playing by Friday the 2nd.

"**Up to 4 days based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences."

It's blizzard though, so never hold them to anything, but hopefully that's the way it pans out.
Which is so odd. 99% of us are literally working on a Tuesday...

Never understood middle week releases. Gives them a few days to work the kinks out for the massive weekend population?

Which is so odd. 99% of us are literally working on a Tuesday...

Never understood middle week releases. Gives them a few days to work the kinks out for the massive weekend population?
Tuesdays, with occasional Thursdays, have always been the traditional release days. It's a legacy from physical releases. Some publishers have started doing Friday releases since digital has been well-established. In this case you need to pre-order for that privilege.

here mom and dad, play this.

Playing D4 off the beautiful Florida beaches with your folks.... priceless.
Yeah, I don't have the luggage room to take my laptop with me. Gotta love a 171 Buck, round trip, straight through flight. Hard to beat that kind of airfare. Every piece of luggage I have past a bag the size of a briefcase (literally) is billable. Somehow I have 4 days of clothes, a fire tablet and an extended battery jammed into a tiny shoulder bag that meets their dimension requirements.

Oh well, I can wait til next month...

Yeah, I don't have the luggage room to take my laptop with me. Gotta love a 171 Buck, round trip, straight through flight. Hard to beat that kind of airfare. Every piece of luggage I have past a bag the size of a briefcase (literally) is billable. Somehow I have 4 days of clothes, a fire tablet and an extended battery jammed into a tiny shoulder bag that meets their dimension requirements.

You're better off, the beta is a tease I wish I would've just waited.

check your mail in D3, I got a bunch of stuff for pre-order AND playing the beta
yeah, the preorder stuff is a given. The stuff they are giving out for the final beta is another chunk of stuff. What I was talking about were the levels that aren't supposed to carry over. The trick with getting the stuff in the next beta wave is you have to hit level 20. So, I suspect they will make everyone start at 1 and go from there.

Everything is wiped, the Ashava reward is new and only available at level 20. So everyone has to level again.
They did it on purpose to encourage people to play.

Spirit or allegiant lol

There's another KFC promotion coming.

kfc.png

The Steam Deck is your friend when faced with such a conundrum.

Those sorts of cosmetics pretty much cement D4 as likely to be filled to the brim with MTs. Sad.

The Steam Deck is your friend when faced with such a conundrum.
This is pointless when I don't fly but once every several years. It's cheaper to pay for a carryon bag, at 18 bucks, to bring my laptop if I want to. To me the steam deck is a novelty that would sit on a shelf and collect dust.

Those sorts of cosmetics pretty much cement D4 as likely to be filled to the brim with MTs. Sad.
They've been very straightforward about this for quite a while and there's a lot of cosmetic options without paying. Not sure what you expected

Maybe to earn the coolest cosmetics through actual gameplay like in the before times, out of a $70 game.
The coolest or all of them? Because they've also shown that a bunch of the wild ones don't require you to buy them. If you want all of them for free well, that shit's been dead for years. Time to accept it or just stop playing games, folks.

The coolest or all of them? Because they've also shown that a bunch of the wild ones don't require you to buy them. If you want all of them for free well, that shit's been dead for years. Time to accept it or just stop playing games, folks.
All of them, and it wouldn't be free we pay for the game already ;). I know it's a dead idea though. I'd still rather pay a subscription for an mmorpg than have a mega cash shop. I miss those days where cosmetics came from gameplay, not who has the bigger wallet.

All of them, and it wouldn't be free we pay for the game already ;). I know it's a dead idea though. I'd still rather pay a subscription for an mmorpg than have a mega cash shop. I miss those days where cosmetics came from gameplay, not who has the bigger wallet.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of it, especially if the main game launches with it then it should be available. Anything else after launch is fair game which is why I don't have an issue with the battle pass as information on it currently stands.

No more than in December 2020 when they were bundling call of duty cold war with RTX 3080 cards like mine and I got that included, despite them being virtually impossible to find. Game bundles are normal...
You can get Jedi Survivor with an AMD CPU right now, and they bundled The Last of Us Part I with 7000-series Radeon cards up to February. Acting like this is some desperation move to take a swipe at NVIDIA is dumb.

Yeah...but nobody gives a crap about those two games lol. Diablo 4 is the cat's pajamas right now.

Back