Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I like the Gem conversion. I play mainly DH and always run out of gems.

Was finally able to play the PTR last night on T8, which is still very easy with my DH.
d3-t8-skeleton-king.jpg

d3-t8-skeleton-king2.jpg

Found this new belt which is pretty cool, Hunter's Wrath Belt,
d3-hunters-belt.jpg

I put my Krider on and it didn't seem to work with the belt when using an Elemental as a generator.
It does speed up the normal generators though.

Last edited:
I put my Krider on and it didn't seem to work with the belt when using an Elemental as a generator.
It does speed up the normal generators though.

Blizz confirmed that it was working as intended and was never designed to work with Krider.

Blizz confirmed that it was working as intended and was never designed to work with Krider.

ok, I didn't see that note. I didn't know they had this belt till I found it last night. They have the 2000% buff on so legendary items drop like crazy.

Was able to try out T10 and it was challenging for my DH with certain elites, but for the most part wasn't too bad.
Here are my details for my DH as well as the Greater Rift Selector,
d3-details-7-10-2015.jpg
d3-greater-rift-select.jpg

Zepher what is that chest that spawned after skeleton king?

Did they change the rewards for farming the bosses?

Zepher what is that chest that spawned after skeleton king?

Did they change the rewards for farming the bosses?

All the bosses gave me a large chest when I was doing the bounties.

My character in the PTR had missing loot in my stash, all the crafting items for the new cube were missing, I had 19 of one Infernal Machine, I was missing 5 Ramaladins Gifts, and some of my quivers were missing. kinda strange.

Curious what these changes will bring. I don't know if I will do seasonal characters though. I just don't want to keep starting over.

The 2000% MF community buff is over on the PTR, might see the queues drop now. I did get in T8 last night within 2 minutes... :D

Agree with Zeph, T10 was a bit challenging on some elite mobs but very doable. It might actually make doing group bounties fun again.

Curious what these changes will bring. I don't know if I will do seasonal characters though. I just don't want to keep starting over.

Honestly that's the only real fun part of this game now. Within a week you'll already be back to how you are on non seasons, grinding Grifts endlessly.

How active is this game? I always log in every few months just to see what's up but I rarely ever see any public games going on. I only have hardcore characters and when I scan the public games I only see about 3-4 people playing on all Torment difficulties combined. Unless I'm seriously one of the only five people in the world playing hardcore difficulty, I don't understand why there are so few public games going on. Anyone else have a similar experience or maybe my network settings are blocking all the public games somehow?

How active is this game? I always log in every few months just to see what's up but I rarely ever see any public games going on. I only have hardcore characters and when I scan the public games I only see about 3-4 people playing on all Torment difficulties combined. Unless I'm seriously one of the only five people in the world playing hardcore difficulty, I don't understand why there are so few public games going on. Anyone else have a similar experience or maybe my network settings are blocking all the public games somehow?

Do you have the Reaper of Souls add-on? if not, then that may be why you see so few players.
I also don't play HC so I am not sure how many players would be on at any given time.

Yea, I have the expansion with a few max level characters but I've literally never seen more than 3-4 people playing in public games. I know hardcore isn't as popular but I find it hard to believe only a handful of players in the world are playing it at any given time which makes me wonder if there's some network shenanigans going on.

How many people do you typically see playing normal games? I don't have a normal character so I can't check but I might roll one if it means there's an actual playerbase to play with.

Yea, I have the expansion with a few max level characters but I've literally never seen more than 3-4 people playing in public games. I know hardcore isn't as popular but I find it hard to believe only a handful of players in the world are playing it at any given time which makes me wonder if there's some network shenanigans going on.

How many people do you typically see playing normal games? I don't have a normal character so I can't check but I might roll one if it means there's an actual playerbase to play with.
Non-Seasonal Hardcore is DEAD.
I played for 6 months without seeing another person.

HC represents about 10% of the total playerbase and they all play seasonal only.

Two new bits of info from the PTR.... hold on to puzzle rings and those Bovine Polearms....

Drop a puzzle ring by itself into the cube and it opens a Treasure vault portal....
Drop the Bovine Polearm in and it opens a Cow Portal.... :D

Two new bits of info from the PTR.... hold on to puzzle rings and those Bovine Polearms....

Drop a puzzle ring by itself into the cube and it opens a Treasure vault portal....

cool, I am going to try that out later.

So the last time I really played this game was before they released the Greater Rifts. I tried it out for the first time today and it's pretty tough so I'm guessing I need to gear up my character a bit more. Are the regular rifts still worth doing? Are there any other new things they've introduced since the Greater Rifts?

any word on when the patch should transition to the live servers? i dont want to play without the new patch.

Cow portal, hopefully not Whimsyshire crap. Sweet on the vault portal though.

I think I am going to break from D3 until this mystical patch is out. All I am really doing anymore is adding more paragon levels. The grind is monotonous....

any word on when the patch should transition to the live servers? i dont want to play without the new patch.

More than 2 weeks since it will be released after season 3 ends. So probably in a month if not later.

I just picked up these games with the recent sale and started playing last night.

I'm getting the micro-stuttering that so many others seems to have trouble with. Been googling to find a solution but all of the threads I find are at least 3-6 months old. Are there any viable fixes for this?

So the last time I really played this game was before they released the Greater Rifts. I tried it out for the first time today and it's pretty tough so I'm guessing I need to gear up my character a bit more. Are the regular rifts still worth doing? Are there any other new things they've introduced since the Greater Rifts?

What lvl of Greater Rifts did you try?

If you're having trouble on Torment 6 and tried a GR45... no surprises you had trouble :)

Regular rifts are still good for full-clear in order to find gear.

I just picked up these games with the recent sale and started playing last night.

I'm getting the micro-stuttering that so many others seems to have trouble with. Been googling to find a solution but all of the threads I find are at least 3-6 months old. Are there any viable fixes for this?

V-synch.

You can also try messing with shadows and turn off AA. I never listen to the in game music so I turn down the quality of sound as well.

What lvl of Greater Rifts did you try?

If you're having trouble on Torment 6 and tried a GR45... no surprises you had trouble :)

Regular rifts are still good for full-clear in order to find gear.

I got the greater rift keystone off the regular rift guardian and tried it out. It put me in some "test run" where it awarded me a lvl 21 keystone. I used that on the obelisk and it took me a minute to just kill the first couple mobs so I just noped on out of there since I wasn't gonna finish the greater rift in time.

I figured since I hadn't played since the patch before they introduced the greater rifts, it's probably a combination of my gear and build being outdated. So I just ran the regular rifts a couple times to get used to the game again. I'm wondering if they've added anything new to the game since then other than Seasonal stuff.

I got the greater rift keystone off the regular rift guardian and tried it out. It put me in some "test run" where it awarded me a lvl 21 keystone. I used that on the obelisk and it took me a minute to just kill the first couple mobs so I just noped on out of there since I wasn't gonna finish the greater rift in time.

I figured since I hadn't played since the patch before they introduced the greater rifts, it's probably a combination of my gear and build being outdated. So I just ran the regular rifts a couple times to get used to the game again. I'm wondering if they've added anything new to the game since then other than Seasonal stuff.

Greater Rifts will drop legendary gems, which can be socketed only into rings and necklaces. These gems can be leveled up. At rank 25, they unlock a secondary legendary ability. Normal rifts are fine to gear up. Greater rifts will give you more currency to gamble things from Kadala.

When 2.3 goes live, you don't have to do trials anymore for greater rifts. You just select the level from a drop down menu.

EDIT: Torment 6 is equal to greater rift 25. If you struggled on greater rift 21, try doing normal rifts on torment 4 or torment 5. I believe torment 5 is equal to greater rift 20. Torment four is equal to greater rift 15.

2.3 will have torment level 10, which is equal to greater rift 45.

Last edited:
Greater Rifts will drop legendary gems, which can be socketed only into rings and necklaces. These gems can be leveled up. At rank 25, they unlock a secondary legendary ability. Normal rifts are fine to gear up. Greater rifts will give you more currency to gamble things from Kadala.

When 2.3 goes live, you don't have to do trials anymore for greater rifts. You just select the level from a drop down menu.

EDIT: Torment 6 is equal to greater rift 25. If you struggled on greater rift 21, try doing normal rifts on torment 4 or torment 5. I believe torment 5 is equal to greater rift 20. Torment for is equal to greater rift 15.

2.3 will have torment level 10, which is equal to greater rift 45.

I see, thank you for the explanation. My guy can only handle Torment 2 comfortably and at a decent pace right now so your breakdown makes sense.

It has something to do with V-sync. I believe the solution is to turn V-sync off and use the in-game frame limiter instead. That is what I do and I don't get any microstutter.

Do season only legendaries roll to the non-season loot table once they end the season?

I see, thank you for the explanation. My guy can only handle Torment 2 comfortably and at a decent pace right now so your breakdown makes sense.

What character are you playing as? I wouldn't mind running with you to make gearing faster. If DH or Barb I will drop whatever you want.

I plan to be playing more D3 once the new patch rolls out. I'll be going back to Fallout 4 once it comes out but I'll probably hop back and forth in between.

What character are you playing as? I wouldn't mind running with you to make gearing faster. If DH or Barb I will drop whatever you want.

Oh I'm alright, thank you for the offer though. Just acclimating myself with the game again and catching up to speed. I am kicking myself though for salvaging those 30+ Eternal Union rings back when it didn't have the Phalanx buff. Now I need one and they're nowhere to be found :(

One thing that worked for me was to uncheck the box for max background fps and whatever the other fps check box is.

Leveling up the Ease gems is so tedious, Trial > Grift >Trial > Grift........

Back