Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I see they removed the duration buff in Archon, darn.
I was hoping you could get parma-Archon with the new set.

You can it to a 20 second cool down which will allow you to keep stacks the entire time if you use The Swami. I'm pretty excited to use Archon again.

Yeah I haven't played Wiz since launch week (as in, May 2012), did a little bit of Firebird's for a while but pretty much unfamiliar with the class these days. 2.2 looks pretty good so I think the Vyr's revamp is a good reason to try them again. :)

Finally got into the PTR last night on HC. Found a new shrine... a Bandit shrine. Clicking on it spawns a goblin pack, lol...

Finally got into the PTR last night on HC. Found a new shrine... a Bandit shrine. Clicking on it spawns a goblin pack, lol...

At some point if they could just release an "offline" version I think I'd be set :)

ptr is retarded, sit in que for 6hours? yeah right when the game automatically boots u off after 20min or so.. so i dont get it how the F am i supposed to get in ? im a dedicated player paragon 700+ yet all the noobs can enter and me not :(

I was only able to get into HC ptr. I forgot that you can't change difficulty in HC and I created a Normal game. So I played about 30 minutes of normal and then left game.

I left my computer in queue for the softcore PTR all night (about 11 hours) and didn't get into a game. Had mouse move going so I wouldn't go away.

I was only able to get into HC ptr. I forgot that you can't change difficulty in HC and I created a Normal game. So I played about 30 minutes of normal and then left game.

I left my computer in queue for the softcore PTR all night (about 11 hours) and didn't get into a game. Had mouse move going so I wouldn't go away.

That's silly. If you can't change the difficulty, have they at least tweaked it to be a decent experience? or could you play with your eyes closed for the first hour?

That's silly. If you can't change the difficulty, have they at least tweaked it to be a decent experience? or could you play with your eyes closed for the first hour?

Well in HC you have never been able to change difficulty. You can change it in normal mode.

Yeah normal was a joke as always which is why I only played for 30 minutes long enough to get the cube.

I set mine to at least hard difficulty in HC last night. Got the cube and ran a set of Act 1 bounties. Found in order to use the cube you will have to run all the bounties in each Act to gather the bounty specific cube mats from the caches.

They have also gone back to having one of the bounties be a boss fight though with a nice addition. Act 1 I had to kill the butcher. When I finished killing him it spawned a "Diabolic Chest". Chest gave me about 3 legs and alot of other loot. :D

I set mine to at least hard difficulty in HC last night. Got the cube and ran a set of Act 1 bounties. Found in order to use the cube you will have to run all the bounties in each Act to gather the bounty specific cube mats from the caches.

They have also gone back to having one of the bounties be a boss fight though with a nice addition. Act 1 I had to kill the butcher. When I finished killing him it spawned a "Diabolic Chest". Chest gave me about 3 legs and alot of other loot. :D

So, it sounds like the cube is more of a portable vendor, like the ones which already exist, and you have to have the recipe and the mats to even use it?

Vs the old cube, where you can just throw whatever in and see what happens...

Currently I have 3 1080p monitors that I can run together and get an ultra wide screen.

If I bought a 4k monitor it would give me the same viewing range as a 1080p monitor.

Is there a way to turn that 1 x 4k monitor into 4 x 1920x1080 displays that I can then use Eyfinity or surround on which will allow me to have a massive viewing radius? Essentially the same as 4 1080p monitor just without the bezel in the center.

Yes, you can edit d3prefs.ini to use any aspect ratio you want within your 4K panel resolution. Just change the X/Y pixel size.
I believe it requires Windowed Mode but I've never actually gone Fullscreen in D3.

The wider your AR, the more you can see.

Viewing angle-wise, you're better off with 3x 1080p than a single 4K, as it's natively wider.

Yes, you can edit d3prefs.ini to use any aspect ratio you want within your 4K panel resolution. Just change the X/Y pixel size.
I believe it requires Windowed Mode but I've never actually gone Fullscreen in D3.

The wider your AR, the more you can see.

Viewing angle-wise, you're better off with 3x 1080p than a single 4K, as it's natively wider.

Well the left to right are always good enough for me. Its the up and down that is the problem the 1080p part. If I can get that 1080 to 2160 it will be amazing.

Even when using triple monitors, which I do, going up and down sucks. Chargers will still charge me from outside of my viewing range up and down.

Well the left to right are always good enough for me. Its the up and down that is the problem the 1080p part. If I can get that 1080 to 2160 it will be amazing.

Even when using triple monitors, which I do, going up and down sucks. Chargers will still charge me from outside of my viewing range up and down.

Put your 3 screens in portrait mode.

When playing across 3 screens, are the left and right screens stretched at all?

1080p Surround is capable of 5760 horizontal (3x 1920).
Your 4K screen could match the same stretch @ 3860x1080 (2x 1920). This means only half of your 4K resolution would be utilized vertically. Basically you would have 'black bars' occupying the top 25% and bottom 25% of your screen.

So you would increase your view distance by an extra 33% with the triple setup.

Increasing your vertical pixels will always reduce your view distance in D3. You can't extend both horizontally/vertically at the same time. In fact I don't think you can extend vertical view distance at all. That would involve zooming the camera out.

Well played some more with the PTR, did my first cube recipe. I had a calamity which I wasn't using so I extracted the marked for death from it. You can have a weapon, armor and a jewelery power active it looks like. Activated the MFD and far as I can tell my sentries are also applying the MFD when they fire. :D

Well played some more with the PTR, did my first cube recipe. I had a calamity which I wasn't using so I extracted the marked for death from it. You can have a weapon, armor and a jewelery power active it looks like. Activated the MFD and far as I can tell my sentries are also applying the MFD when they fire. :D

When you extract the MFD, what item do you put it on? Can you put affix's on any item?

When you extract the MFD, what item do you put it on? Can you put affix's on any item?
You apply the affix to the cube itself.

1tFInpM.jpg

Then what? do you carry the cube with you?
I see there are 9 squares in the cube, is that where the affix's go?

No you get 1 affix for weapon, armor, and jewlery... So 3 in total.
The cube stays in town with Zultan Kulle.

The 9 squares are where you put recipe ingredients, same as the Horadric Cube in D2.

Going to make it nice when you have a poor rolled leg but you really want that power... can see extracting the EA from a bad Kridershot as well....

Going to make it nice when you have a poor rolled leg but you really want that power... can see extracting the EA from a bad Kridershot as well....
You get the max affix roll in the cube, too.
So if you have a shitty Furnace but an amazing crafted 2H, you can cube the Furnace for 50% elite and get better base stats from your crafted weapon.

It greatly simplifies the gearing curve especially for weapons.

Wow, this actually greatly increases the utility of crafting.

Just a question, does it matter if the original passive came from an Ancient or a normal leg?

Edit: also does the weapon type have to match? Like would I be able to put say a Furnace passive onto, I don't know, a 1h DH crossbow?

Wow, this actually greatly increases the utility of crafting.

Just a question, does it matter if the original passive came from an Ancient or a normal leg?

Edit: also does the weapon type have to match? Like would I be able to put say a Furnace passive onto, I don't know, a 1h DH crossbow?

You're not really putting it onto anything. Think of it as 3 passives, which you create from legendary items.

But anyway they are class specific

Last edited:
I like the new cube, but damn is it going to be a bitch farming those bounties again. Act V is pretty bad, but damn I think Act 3 was designed by someone who hated Diablo players. Huge levels + low density :(. Adria on T9 wasn't the most enjoyable fight either, 62 billion health and that's just solo.

I like the new cube, but damn is it going to be a bitch farming those bounties again. Act V is pretty bad, but damn I think Act 3 was designed by someone who hated Diablo players. Huge levels + low density :(. Adria on T9 wasn't the most enjoyable fight either, 62 billion health and that's just solo.
The max mats you earn per cache is 4. Im being told that happens on t6 t7 or t8, not totally sure.

Also do the acts in bonus order for double rewards. 8 per act.

You get the max affix roll in the cube, too.
So if you have a shitty Furnace but an amazing crafted 2H, you can cube the Furnace for 50% elite and get better base stats from your crafted weapon.

It greatly simplifies the gearing curve especially for weapons.

Can't wait to extract the sweep affix from my poorly rolled golden flense while using my ancient furnace. lol

I also have so many poorly rolled resistance necks.

Just started a game on PTR, it said "Wait time 3 hours" but then boom, loaded instantly.
Maybe they fixed it.

I'll agree that some of the changes in the PTR look nice. I got to play it a bit yesterday, but I didn't really get to test out my build idea because there wasn't anyone to do it with. It doesn't work very well solo.

That being said I just also decided to rage quit the game yesterday, too. I just got very, very tired of my attempts to get into the leaderboards ending in frustration (2p aside). I mean no one wants to do progressive grifting. It's like once they have their record, they just tend to sit and do speed grifts and then maybe very occasional run... but only with their original squad.

Before I knew it, my average day in Diablo ends up being:
- Gets on
- "Anyone wanna do some high grifts?"
- *Sit around*
- * Maybe run some speeds*
- *Eventually get crew together*
- *Find out they only want to do speed 55-59*
- *Waste hours on that*
- *Eventually we finally decide to go into the 60's*
- *Does 61 and 62 with no issues, gets terrible distribution and mobs for 63*
- *Everyone quits after that fails*

Repeat, repeat, repeat, several hours of each day wasted. I did two tries at a 3p 61, too, but it ended in failure due to bad luck. I just finally snapped after seeing someone else on my friends list do that one grift that did a 65 fine. This game has too much RNG in everything. It's not just gear, it's the actual advancement. You get a bad guardian, you will fail. You get a set of mobs flanking you, you'll die and likely fail. In the next patch? RD? Fail. Little annoyances like that are fine in lower grifts, but once you get into the low/mid 60's, every one of those tiny little things adds up very quickly to make a failure, when the grift guardian has so much HP that it takes minutes to kill him. It doesn't matter if you have the god of DPS DH's on your side in a bad 63+ grift (or 60+ 2p or 3p grift). You'll fail. This would be fine if you could queue up for it quickly and give it another shot with another competent squad. But this matchmaking system just doesn't exist. There's as much RNG in finding a dedicated (note that key word) squad to run the high grifts with as there is in getting a suitable higher grift to run. Hell, even more. Being a competitive player in this is just a pain. At least with 2p, all you need is a competent WD, but good luck getting into the top 100 easily. Most of the top players have WD's with duped gear that let's them perma stun everything.

To me, 2.3 sounds like it will have even more RNG. Now with no dedicated stun supports, you're forced as a DPS to not only find gear that has a lot of attack rolls, but a lot of vitality rolls. Granted they gave reroll mechanics to help out with that a lot. That's nice, although from what I remember looking at the mats, it will take an absurd amount of farming. Either way though, I need a break. This game just pissed me off too much.

TL;DR I got really pissed and quit, end rant. ._.

why not ? were u in the army back then living in a cave or...:confused:

I wasn't playing many PC games at the time, was focused on cars and women back then.
I had heard the name Diablo before but didn't know what kind of game it was until a friend bought D3 and was watching him play and it looked fun so I bought a copy.

Back when Diablo 2 came out, I was into FPS games when I did play on the computer,
unreal.jpg

Pet Docs can wear DoD + SMK (w/ cube) and MoJ + Carn (w/ cube) at the same time.
Might be time to visit my WD again in 2.3.

Back