Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I'll be rolling a barb for S2, so if anyone wants to have a barb party add me sgtpoonk#1602.

New leveling bug.
1-70 3 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGeAjqnOJ4w

Most likely will not be patched before the season starts, since it's not 1 quest in particular but a flaw in the way quest sharing works when you join a game.

The lengths people go to for some slight time saving is astounding to me. Just wait a week and get power leveled if the labor of leveling a toon is too much. For a season that lasts months, one week or a few days means nothing.

I'll probably just play 8-10 hours straight like I did with season 1. I have a 4 day weekend so I should be pretty geared by next week. Personally I think that 1-70 grind can be a bit fun. I'm not too worried about the competitive aspects, I don't have time for that.

The lengths people go to for some slight time saving is astounding to me. Just wait a week and get power leveled if the labor of leveling a toon is too much. For a season that lasts months, one week or a few days means nothing.

I don't blame them... Considering this game doesn't even start until lvl 70.

Blizzard is just better off letting you start at 70 and straight to paragon.

Edit: I am actually thinking about trying seasons this time around and just focusing on one class (probably Monk). See if it brings new life to the game as the grind outside of seasons got too much.

I don't blame them... Considering this game doesn't even start until lvl 70.

Blizzard is just better off letting you start at 70 and straight to paragon.

Edit: I am actually thinking about trying seasons this time around and just focusing on one class (probably Monk). See if it brings new life to the game as the grind outside of seasons got too much.

I hear ya, I've power leveled well over 80 people in the last month to help people out of that rutt. (and relieves boredom in the game). Once you get 3-4 level 70 players you should be able to start a fresh 70 as needed.

I'm not too worried about the competitive aspects, I don't have time for that.

It would be more enticing to try to get high on the boards if there was any sort of reward. A banner, a transmog, something. With absolutely no reason to work that hard, there's no point (to me)

Typically it's people who want to be on the leaderboards. The first season, all but the Speed Racer & Sprinter challenge and the HC Mal were completed within 24 hours. This season will probably take a little longer, but the quicker people get their guild mates to 70, the easier it will be to start power leveling, and the boards will be full probably within 3 days.

I tested the Mira quest trick, in the video he's getting 2 boxes per turn-in, I'm getting about 1 box at level 30. I don't have any XP gear on, no gem in my helm, etc.
So either it was nerfed between now and then, or he's stacked some XP items in that video to boost the XP -- which doesn't work so well in seasons since you will be NAKED.

It takes about 1 minute per cycle, so that's 10 minutes per level (at level 30). Maybe XP scaling increases the % as you get higher?

My monk is level 30 right now, I'll boost her to 40 and then compare my XP to his.

Using PST, it starts at 9am in Europe and 6pm in the US. Asia started a while ago.

I tested the Mira quest trick, in the video he's getting 2 boxes per turn-in, I'm getting about 1 box at level 30. I don't have any XP gear on, no gem in my helm, etc.
So either it was nerfed between now and then, or he's stacked some XP items in that video to boost the XP -- which doesn't work so well in seasons since you will be NAKED.

It takes about 1 minute per cycle, so that's 10 minutes per level (at level 30). Maybe XP scaling increases the % as you get higher?

My monk is level 30 right now, I'll boost her to 40 and then compare my XP to his.

I just tried it, and it still works.

Aren't the D3 Seasons kinda long? I think they should copy more of PoE and implement some shorter races to go along with the traditional season. Also if they had a spectator system like Steam Broadcasting, then we could watch SteveDave play his character.

To be exact SteveDave, you know you can use Steam Broadcasting to stream D3 to the masses. I wouldn't mind watching you and others tear it up.

I got this setup but I have no clue how you are going to be able to find me dirkdirden as there isn't really a hub for D3. Seems broadcast isn't nearly as put together as twitch.

I got this setup but I have no clue how you are going to be able to find me dirkdirden as there isn't really a hub for D3. Seems broadcast isn't nearly as put together as twitch.

The easiest way is to add him as a steam friend so he can right-click and request to view unless you have friends pre-approved.

Aix, did you die last night when playing with me?

Yeah man, I was wondering why you didn't acknowledge it or seem to realize it! We were fighting that rift guardian and taking no damage through the entire fight since I was spamming my mantra of healing over and over... and then right before we killed it my health just went to zero and I got the deeds screen. It made no sense. You didn't even take any damage and you were right next to me.

A similar thing happened the day before when I was running a level 27 grift on that silly "tank dh" I had created. Had no trouble through the entire grift and then at the guardian we got that big rock dude that summons clones: I stood next to them and suddenly lost 1 million health in the blink of an eye (literally one frame), and I had built it so that I would have had 200k life per second in that scenario (huge max life + Brooding passive + Rogar's Huge Stone ring). I didn't mind much because the new season was starting anyway, but the guy I was playing with also seemed confused about if I'd died or not...

So yeah, a waste of a couple of hours - especially since I had full Cain's and was rolling through mobs - but oh well. Weird that it's happened twice in the same situation now though.

Yeah man, I was wondering why you didn't acknowledge it or seem to realize it! We were fighting that rift guardian and taking no damage through the entire fight since I was spamming my mantra of healing over and over... and then right before we killed it my health just went to zero and I got the deeds screen. It made no sense. You didn't even take any damage and you were right next to me.

A similar thing happened the day before when I was running a level 27 grift on that silly "tank dh" I had created. Had no trouble through the entire grift and then at the guardian we got that big rock dude that summons clones: I stood next to them and suddenly lost 1 million health in the blink of an eye (literally one frame), and I had built it so that I would have had 200k life per second in that scenario (huge max life + Brooding passive + Rogar's Huge Stone ring). I didn't mind much because the new season was starting anyway, but the guy I was playing with also seemed confused about if I'd died or not...

So yeah, a waste of a couple of hours - especially since I had full Cain's and was rolling through mobs - but oh well. Weird that it's happened twice in the same situation now though.

omfg dude I'm sorry, I didn't even realize, I was so tired, but I didn't take like any damage so I didn't even think anything of it, i just noticed that you left. I'll def help you level up again, sorry for being douche about it.

omfg dude I'm sorry, I didn't even realize, I was so tired, but I didn't take like any damage so I didn't even think anything of it, i just noticed that you left. I'll def help you level up again, sorry for being douche about it.

Haha, no worries, man. Your only response when I was staring at my deeds screen was "Gotta hit 43" and then I watched your character run off-screen; I was like "WTF man?!" :D

The only thing that's really concerning to me is how similar the two deaths were: back-to-back insta-gibs by RGs from full health - and in the second case I had the mantra shield up. Really weird.

Don't underestimate Stone slinger, that one attack when he summons his clones does a ton of damage. I watched Quin69's Grift 50(51?) run, and it almost insta killed him too.

Don't underestimate Stone slinger, that one attack when he summons his clones does a ton of damage. I watched Quin69's Grift 50(51?) run, and it almost insta killed him too.

I certainly won't going forward! I didn't mind losing the char either since I needed to make room for the new season (and I plan to remake that one). Going to play Monk until I find a decent Sever, then start up a DH.

Haha, no worries, man. Your only response when I was staring at my deeds screen was "Gotta hit 43" and then I watched your character run off-screen; I was like "WTF man?!" :D

The only thing that's really concerning to me is how similar the two deaths were: back-to-back insta-gibs by RGs from full health - and in the second case I had the mantra shield up. Really weird.

LOL, I asked him about it today since I saw you died and figured he was with you since you were level 44 and he was 43. He had no idea until I said something.

In terms of the gear I have found this season is much worse then last. Paragon 88 right now and have only 1 piece of IK's.

Last season I was fully geared in about a day and a half.

In terms of the gear I have found this season is much worse then last. Paragon 88 right now and have only 1 piece of IK's.

Last season I was fully geared in about a day and a half.

Don't feel bad. Last season I only had 2 pieces of my set at paragon 130 or so. :)

Hey guys!

Just started on Season 2 with a monk and as I almost exclusively play as a wizard, what's some "do not salvage" legs I should be holding on to?

Thanks in advance! I am new to this whole melee thing.

(I'm a softcore player, not sure if that will impact the items.)

Here's a list for the end game build that you shouldn't salvage. Incense Torch of Grand Temple, Crudest Boots, Sunwuki's gear, Inna's. That should cover everything, also that one spirit stone that has the "Wave of Light now something" is one you should keep.

Here's my monk, that's basically the gear you want for Greater Rifts. There is also a build that's a bit more efficient for T6, but you need to craft quite a bit.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krieg1337-1699/hero/56813443

So which class is flavor of the month right now? I was a barb player since d3 launch and continued barb into RoS. How are they now in season 2?

Logged on and noticed my lvls have been consolidated into one. Paragon 831 lol. And about 17.5 billion gold!

Haven't played since the first few weeks of season 1!

Barb has the potential to be quicker in T6 farming, although monks and DH are much better in group play and greater rifts. Personally I'm playing a barb because I haven't played the class before and am already a bit tired of the monk and DH. Unless you really want to "compete", I would just pick the class that looks most interesting to you.

Any gearing advice for a DH in this season? I know I should be using Marauder's set for the sentries. I have just started the season and haven't hit 70 just yet, and I probably would go for cold damage variant.

What other things should I be on the lookout for? Kridershot? The Chakram quiver? TnT?

I linked my profile above, I have a demon hunter there too. You want M6, Pride's fall as a helmet (Act 3 cache), crafted ancient Arcane Barb (need to find the plan) and the Bombardier's Rucksack.

I love this game at times, I found a furnace before I found a single piece of raekor, IK or EQ

Rank 39 Solo Monk.

Watched a few of Quin's tutorial videos before the season started (never played Monk before). Got lucky with a few SWK drops and a Torch, then geared out Inna's fully geared by the 2nd day of the season. The class is hilariously over-powered; infinite spirit, spam Bell everywhere. And this is my first time not playing Hardcore, so knowing how to avoid death is a good skill to have.

Last edited:
Lost my HC season 2 barb last night -_-;; was just leveling still (65). Guess I got careless I dont think I droped below 50% before this but 2 pack with 1 being arcane waller got me.

Rerolled a monk for now wich is my favorite class but I tried barb for a change.

Here's what I've learned about the barb so far. In T6, you are gonna be ahead of the group every time and will have pretty much killed everything on the map up to the rift guardian. At that point your kill speed sucks, unless you have perfect gear. The toughness is also pretty meh, especially against Fire chains which can drop your health like a tank, so make sure to use Wrath of the Berserker smarty and furious charge into safety if you need to. Honestly, it's probably best to farm solo once you get T6 ready with a barb and use a unity. It just gets really dicey sometimes in group play. I did do a GR30 without a unity, but I really only hit once by the RG and my health dropped to like 20%.

Here's what I've learned about the barb so far. In T6, you are gonna be ahead of the group every time and will have pretty much killed everything on the map up to the rift guardian. At that point your kill speed sucks, unless you have perfect gear. The toughness is also pretty meh, especially against Fire chains which can drop your health like a tank, so make sure to use Wrath of the Berserker smarty and furious charge into safety if you need to. Honestly, it's probably best to farm solo once you get T6 ready with a barb and use a unity. It just gets really dicey sometimes in group play. I did do a GR30 without a unity, but I really only hit once by the RG and my health dropped to like 20%.

This is the case for me as well. I solo T6 with barb using unity and then with group play I would use a different character to play. My barb was decked out in whatever gear you could think of in normal/season 1 but in group play he paled in comparison to other classes.

Back