Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Personally I have fun when I clear rifts quickly. There's something about seeing every monster on the screen just instantly die :D.

Ill be honest, I'm bored of t6 rifts. They're too easy right now. It doesn't take much to demolish t6. It's even worse in a four man rift where everyone is fighting over the same one shot. I do still enjoy running grifts and really wish that there were a t7 and t8.

If they don't use a generator, then you don't have to "worry" about resource as much as DH do.
Multishot is a viable M6 build with no generator but it can only take you so far.

All of the top M6 builds involve Evasive Fire - Focus (usually), as far as I know there are precisely 0 other classes that use generators at all. Barb maybe? Roland Crusader?

How do you not have to worry about wrath management? Have you tried a holy shotgun build? That's rough to keep wrath up. Stampede? You need a shit ton of cdr to pull that off and the right skills. Depending on the sacrifices that you make or your gear options it can be an issue.

Have you looked at any top tier condemn crusaders? They use a generator. Usually slash or sweep. It's not a passive build on harder grifts by any means.

Your point is? What? It's a difficult build or class? I haven't heard many people claim that.

Idk, it's not the only build where you have to worry about resources.

Stampede: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ztJ8REHelk

He barely even goes near half Wrath.

Wow, that's gotta be the most boring build I've ever seen. I thought the Bowmen were fun to use but never really bothered with the pony build before switching to Barb during S1...is that actually the top build for the heavily armored melee class? Spamming magical green horses over and over again? :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's just the animations or what, but Crusader generators always felt far more clunky to me than those of the other classes. Even so, Barb/Wiz/DH mostly felt like a chore to use signatures/generators. Monks always felt good with how their generators worked into the play style, probably due to how they can interact with Sweeping Wind or teleport to an enemy or interact in a clever way like the old nirvana build, etc. WD is okay as well because of how quickly mana regens and because you're usually accompanied by a bunch of pets, so it never feels like you're forced into that sig-sig-sig-spender rut/pace.

It's funny that we're to the point where people wish there was a T7 or whatever. In WoW they just implemented that whole stat squish thing because things had gotten out of hand, and here we are in another game from the same company where they basically did (and continue to do) the same thing. As someone who mostly plays quirky for-fun builds (building around items/concepts), having some super-optimized player join my game basically kills the fun. I joined Nam and Pure the other night in a T6 game and Nam basically cleared out everything instantly by himself.

I don't have a particularly large issue with Wizard's signatures. I am using MM/Conflagrate with Mirrorball in my Hydra wiz. I don't particularly like kiting mobs at all as it seems i am not actually do anything, just running around and wait until mobs die.

Adding MM to the mix felt more like I was actually doing something, and tbh most of my healing comes from Simplicity's Strength lol.

I haven't done Glass cannon build yet for the wizard because I am not entirely a fan of the whole two touches and you are dead concept, even in softcore (I am too careless for Glass or HC), will try next season with DH I think.

From my limited experience with other classes, I found wizard's resource to be more suitable for my play style. I am not particularly fond of using relatively weak spells to build up resources (and/or stacks) required for a resource spender, it just seems to break the tempo for me. I am fine with signatures in fire hydra wizard because it's part of 'something to do when Apo and hydra are doing their thing', and the resource generation (Magic weapon w/ conduit) makes things a lot more convenient to spam, but still not strictly necessary like other classes. Again, it's my conclusion from my very limited experience with other classes.

I think that wizard's sets could do with a change over though, the 4 piece set from wizard doesn't seem that impressive to me (at least not compared to say Crusader's 6piece).

The best way is 4 people.
2 people run for the orbs (1 orb each), 1 person stands by the podiums to turn the quest in, another waits in town incase 1 of the runners maxes out their death timer.

Ideally you want your runners to be the fastest/immortal classes. Maybe a DH spamming Vault.

What's the best generator skill+rune for Monks atm?

Personally I'm using Deadly Reach - Scattered Blows at the moment because it procs a lot of tornadoes, procs Strongarms, and I'm using a Vengeful Wind. I guess "best" would depend on what you're using it for/with. I'd bet that Fists of Thunder - Quickening is popular.

New leveling exploit, 1-70 in about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YstsRBPWni8

Not for HC! :p They really should just let us create lvl 70 characters and go from there...they don't even force a completion of story mode in seasons so what is the point of making us grind out 70 levels of whatever the most trivial exp/bounty is to get to the 'real' game? They included that new gem with like +500 exp per kill, but the more you trivialize the leveling process the more it seems like a waste of time; something you just do because you want to get to the rest of the game.

Can anyone familiar with a pet WD review my build to see where I can make noticeable improvements?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Snowman-1523/hero/32971900

I am stuck at Grift 37 because I simply can't do enough damage against the groups I come across, especially in large numbers. When my pants, soul harvest and voodoo are all up I have close to 3 million sheet dmg and usually have 10+ fetishes attacking along with the dog. I can kill the RG much faster than the packs. It was said earlier that pet builds can hit Grift 43, I have no idea how... I've also tried using pirahnado over harvest, ditched it as it has such a long cooldown/short cycle.

Can anyone familiar with a pet WD review my build to see where I can make noticeable improvements?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Snowman-1523/hero/32971900

I am stuck at Grift 37 because I simply can't do enough damage against the groups I come across, especially in large numbers. When my pants, soul harvest and voodoo are all up I have close to 3 million sheet dmg and usually have 10+ fetishes attacking along with the dog. I can kill the RG much faster than the packs. It was said earlier that pet builds can hit Grift 43, I have no idea how... I've also tried using pirahnado over harvest, ditched it as it has such a long cooldown/short cycle.

From what I understand since you have an SMK, you run Tiki to keep mobs locked so you don't lose pets to keep up maximum DPS.

You also run sacrifice - provoke the pack and have a homunculus (ideally you need the lowest one, 4 sec to really optimize it) With it, you can usually have 2x, sometimes even 3x the buff which pushes your DPS to ridcioulous levels with pets.

See this DFans build for skill/gear idea: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/4593-2-1-2-tiki-lockdown-pet-doc-solo-grift-42

From what I understand since you have an SMK, you run Tiki to keep mobs locked so you don't lose pets to keep up maximum DPS.

You also run sacrifice - provoke the pack and have a homunculus (ideally you need the lowest one, 4 sec to really optimize it) With it, you can usually have 2x, sometimes even 3x the buff which pushes your DPS to ridcioulous levels with pets.

See this DFans build for skill/gear idea: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/4593-2-1-2-tiki-lockdown-pet-doc-solo-grift-42

Hmm. I think I only ever saw one Tik mask and I scrapped it thinking I would never use it. Seems a steep trade off to loose 97% more pet dmg but it makes sense to stop the enemies from running away. I have a 4 sec hom, no clue if its any good. Thanks.

With all the gear changes, and Homunculus + Sacrifice you end up losing about 20-30% damage, realistically.
That doesn't include all the extra Fetishes you will keep alive.

Man, ever since the season ended I've been having all sorts of luck. Just finished the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set on my lightning monk and it's freaking sweet, found 3 Countess Julia's amulets (one was an upgrade: 650 dex, 6% AS, 92% CD, re-rolled 9.5% CC), an Ancient Sledge Fist (2729 DPS, 46% chance to stun), a regular Won Khim Lau (25%), and a Witching Hour (first I've ever found).

I picked up a decent Flow of Eternity and with the Madstone helm it's just bonkers. Way more fun than bells imo.

I picked up a decent Flow of Eternity and with the Madstone helm it's just bonkers. Way more fun than bells imo.

I've had a lot of compliments about that build when I play in groups. It's terrible at single target but the more monsters there are, the more powerful the build becomes. Most fun I've had with the game since it was released

Man, ever since the season ended I've been having all sorts of luck. Just finished the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set on my lightning monk and it's freaking sweet, found 3 Countess Julia's amulets (one was an upgrade: 650 dex, 6% AS, 92% CD, re-rolled 9.5% CC), an Ancient Sledge Fist (2729 DPS, 46% chance to stun), a regular Won Khim Lau (25%), and a Witching Hour (first I've ever found).

Nice, I've gotten 3 WH since season ended but they've all rolled terribly. All 3 had the lowest CD and AS roll and no toughness stats. So pissed at my last DH death right before season ended...it had my only good Julia (dex, cc, cd, socket) and WH i've ever found.

Confirmed in the Tavern Talk, Alaric quest exploit being HOTFIXED before season 2.

Also confirmed in the Tavern Talk:

THEY'RE WORKING ON HELLTOOTH! :p In 6-12 months we'll have a something good. I, for one, applaud their work ethic.

Found my third Flow of Eternity tonight:
GkTKkCv.png

Wish the dex rolled over 1100 but it is only 7 points down from the max damage roll and it only took 45 million to get 10% damage. Added a gift and gem and now have a 7.5% damage increase. 9% cdr brought my total cdr to just under 51%, which is an improvement even with the small percentage loss on SSS. Got an ancient inna's pants and ancient sunwuko's shoulders tonight, too.

Why couldn't I have been on with u last night, sheesh.

will the season 1 items be available in season 2?

Weren't the season specific items going to be given to the general game (i.e. everything) after the season ended? That would generally mean they'd be available in season 2 although... I guess they could exclude them?

what kind of build are you using with your flow? Im guessing madstone for helm but what else? link to your d3 account maybe.

I like to change builds so I dont get bored.

what kind of build are you using with your flow? Im guessing madstone for helm but what else? link to your d3 account maybe.

Basically you need Madstone and The Flow of Eternity and 3 piece Monkey and you should be g2g.

I'm using the build in my profile for t6 rifts but I switch it around for group and grifts.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cyonik-1603/hero/41037585

I'm still waiting for an Inna's pants to drop and need to replace the Inna's chest I somehow butchered. I've only tried up to grift 35 and that was with unleveled gems but still had a few minutes to spare so I'm sure I could push a lot further. I started playing again a few days ago so hopefully I can get some good drops and get all my legendary gems leveled.

Why couldn't I have been on with u last night, sheesh.

#Business1943 if you want to run. I've been on quite a bit more frequently over the last few months.

What errer said, and also you'll find very little difference between his character and mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/10187103

I really need a new SOJ where I can trade attack speed for crit chance or damage. Keep getting troll drops with blackthorne's cross amulet, too. So disappointing

#Business1943 if you want to run. I've been on quite a bit more frequently over the last few months.

What errer said, and also you'll find very little difference between his character and mine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/10187103

I really need a new SOJ where I can trade attack speed for crit chance or damage. Keep getting troll drops with blackthorne's cross amulet, too. So disappointing

I think ur already on my list, insomnibyte/Shaggy here.

With all the gear changes, and Homunculus + Sacrifice you end up losing about 20-30% damage, realistically.
That doesn't include all the extra Fetishes you will keep alive.

Not that you guys care but interestingly I swapped out my poison leg gem for a gogok (with 0 levels) just experimenting. I was able to clear GR38 with minutes to spare. Apparently rain of toads instantly procs the swiftness AS speed to 15 and I could tell a noticeable improvement to damage. Not saying this will continue into the 40's but it certainly helps out.

Now to find a Tiki worth a damn...

Tiki-Sac uses Pain Enhancer, Enforcer, and Bane of the Trapped.
You can swap Enforcer for Powerful if you're clearing fast enough to maintain the proc.

Ok thanks to you both. Im only lacking madstone but its probably kind of a big part :p

maybe ill gamble helm instead of 2 handers for a change.

Diabloprogress not work for anyone else? A few weeks ago I had a top 50 American Wizard for Ele Damage but now it's not updating for me.

Diabloprogress not work for anyone else? A few weeks ago I had a top 50 American Wizard for Ele Damage but now it's not updating for me.

Not working for me. They possibly lost their connection to Blizzards database or are just swamped with people getting ready for Season 2.

I was in the top 5 of HC Wizards 3 days into last season. They should do weekly snap shots because I'm going to hit season 2 really hard for about 5 days 16 hours a day then likely stop all together. If its anything like last season I'll be in the top 10 of pretty much everything up to the point I stop playing.

after I get my barb all set I think my second HC season 2 character is going to be a close range tank wizard.

Using this build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ihfSjl!ZSih!cccZbY

With:
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard - 10000 Life persecond
Halo Of Arlyse - 50% reduced melee
String of Ears - 25% reduced melee
Eye of Etlich - 30% - reduced ranged
Wand of Woh - 3 more explosive blast
+ firebirds
all with LIfe regen

and possibly a Stormshield but that might be over kill.

The only reason I don't start with this is it is going to take FOREVER to get the gear together.

Back