Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I just got plvled and havnt played in a long time. Assuming you have no gear whats the best way to start farming?

Which class?

Basically you want to be in Torment 2 as quickly as possible, so you can do Act 1 bounties and get the Ring of Royal Grandeur(T2 has a 50% legendary drop chance from a cache). I did a few Torment 1 runs just so I could get one or two Greater Rift Trial keys. So basically the strategy is you start the Trial, teleport out and get a level 1 key. Then you proceed to run through the GR until you get to the Rift Guardian, at that point you teleport out and note the time left. You want to kill the RG when there are 4:30 or less left so that you only upgrade the key once. During this time you want to be doing Act 1 bounties, making sure you never use the teleport back to town function (Don't press T!), you can still use the map to teleport around though. Also, kill the boss bounties are funky in group play, so skip those until after the GR.

I think that about covers the starting strat, blood shard gambling will depend on your class.

Which class?

Basically you want to be in Torment 2 as quickly as possible, so you can do Act 1 bounties and get the Ring of Royal Grandeur(T2 has a 50% legendary drop chance from a cache). I did a few Torment 1 runs just so I could get one or two Greater Rift Trial keys. So basically the strategy is you start the Trial, teleport out and get a level 1 key. Then you proceed to run through the GR until you get to the Rift Guardian, at that point you teleport out and note the time left. You want to kill the RG when there are 4:30 or less left so that you only upgrade the key once. During this time you want to be doing Act 1 bounties, making sure you never use the teleport back to town function (Don't press T!), you can still use the map to teleport around though. Also, kill the boss bounties are funky in group play, so skip those until after the GR.

I think that about covers the starting strat, blood shard gambling will depend on your class.

Barb I have like complete crap gear atm im also playing HC

Last edited:
Barb I have like complete crap gear atm im also playing HC

Check out chainerfails on YouTube, he has a good starter build. Still try to do a few T1 rifts and instead of T2 bounties while waiting for the 4:30, just do T1 or normal bounties instead.

So not Europe or North America...really going for market breadth here.
They wouldn't go through all this trouble just for Asia regions... well maybe D3 is insanely popular there.

We will get the shop too, but not the same one. I doubt they'll add XP boosts since that would upset the community quite a bit.

Asia regions is much more receptive of pay-2-play and microtransactions models, just look up how popular IGR is in Asia.

Its probably a test bed to see how they could make it work with Diablo in Asia. If it goes well, it will be refined and adapted to how the Europa/US regions accept microtransactions.

Blizzards objective is to get as much money out of us for as long as possible. This is a tricky business because its like saying how do I fuck someone over but make them like me for it,

Hearthstone is one of their newer products and it has pay to play and is making very good profits and maintaining a fanbase without too much outrage. They will, if they can, migrate that model onto D3 to get more money out of us.

While this is mostly bad news it is only bad news because I don't think blizzard has our interest in mind. In theory giving them micro-transactions in diablo 3 would be similar to a subscription fee in WOW and thus would result in more meaningful and impactful changes,,,PV fucking P and shit.

I don't see them doing anything beyond what they currently do which is the bare minimum. If they put in microtransactions it will simply add abritrary features which do nothing but suck cash from suckers and this arbitrary feature would pull resources away from more impacting changes as well which would make the game even worse then it otherwise would have been.

best thing to do is avoid giving them money for none content changes so they spend less time adding cosmetic features like pets that do nothing but slow down your game and make you look like a tool.

The RMAH was a "microtransaction" store, whether people realize it or not.
I can't see Blizzard removing the RMAH and then allowing the game to survive on retail D3/RoS sales especially this far after release.

Thanks for the power leveling, i did get to 70, now to get some better gear for my female barb. i guess i have to start doing as said above for certain rewards and crap, i guess i just never took the time to learn all the ways to get the rare gear and stuff.

MpyBKVp.jpg

I have had this new barb for 2 days and so far i feel she is just so much better than my original barb, maybe better drops, not sure. but def seems to be kicking ass alot easier..

Never knew there was a D3 thread here, glad to find it.

Found this today, so far it has not proven to be better than the arcane barb I have been using. Also, feel free to add me if you want some carries in seasons. weak#1125.

2rw7x8x.png

Season DH:
2078fow.png

Last edited:
Ancient Krider is not better than 2H Crossbow.
It works okay if you're feeling lazy and want to spam EA.

You're supposed to use Frost Arrow + Cluster/Maelstrom though.

Yeah I was just messing around with physical for fun. I think nether tentacles are hilarious and wish they were more useful. Cleared a 35 with it though.

Started strong getting 3 pieces of Innas quickly, then the game did nothing but throw me all the most useless crap for 100 paragon levels. Couldn't find Sunwukos items until I finally gambled the gloves this morning and found a RoRG...then of course I found 2 other sets of gloves and no helm...

In the end, a sneaky frozen+vortex pack behind two other packs in one tiny area did me in:
XwFc5veh.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/57740052

Ancient Krider is not better than 2H Crossbow.
It works okay if you're feeling lazy and want to spam EA.

EA Immolation Arrow and the Mirinae gem is a very strong combo, just because the proc coefficient on IA is so damn good. I'd love to find an ancient krider to play around with it. Not saying you'd be able to push higher GR's with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could come up with a build that is almost/just as good.

Of course, the issue with any skill with a great proc is damage reflect :(

crossbows do more damage per shot then any bow anyway arcane barb is good if u have an ancient one.

Just got a nice 650 dex, 620 vit, 15% ancient inna chest to make my 3 piece all ancient. I've run into a problem with two SOJs that dropped for me within a day of each other:
8aUSiKD.png

Wish I could get Dex, Socket and Crit Damage

Last edited:
Just got a nice 650 dex, 620 vit, 15% ancient inna chest to make my 3 piece all ancient. I've run into a problem with two SOJs that dropped for me within a day of each other:
8aUSiKD.png

Wish I could get Dex, Socket and Crit Damage

Don't complain, that SOJ is very good for a perma-serenity build.

Still, it would have been better to reroll dex than the elemental damage. 440 dexterity is nothing compared to a min of 15% dps, unless you're like level 20 or below.

Don't throw out Fire multishot. With the right gear you can run that build without a generator and consistently hit hard in a wide range versus CA builds which require generation of resource. I got to Grift 41 with my build running a 32xx dps balefire with its + fire dmg. Havent tried higher yet as I moved to Seasons play.

Just made a Hardcore Seasonal Crusader. First sader I've ever played. I dunno why I'm even doing this, D3 just ends up in a mindless grind. Ehh....nothing else to play.

Don't throw out Fire multishot. With the right gear you can run that build without a generator and consistently hit hard in a wide range versus CA builds which require generation of resource. I got to Grift 41 with my build running a 32xx dps balefire with its + fire dmg. Havent tried higher yet as I moved to Seasons play.
Has nothing to do with Krider.

I've cleared through 47 with a multi no gen build on my ns toon just want to try something different.

Working on a Condemn build. Talk about a pain in the ass to get the CDR @ 56%

Got a GG SWK ammy today and finally Ancient Torch.
Gear-wise this season has been AMAZING for me. I am so glad I'm not playing Hardcore.

FAhvzZ8.png

Back