Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Anyone know what are the best gems that goes with Hydra Wizard at the moment?

What I have currently, (A) being Ancient

Firebird helm with Royal Amethyst
Firebird Shoulder
Firebird Chest (A) with 3 flawless Royal Topaz
Mara's Kaleidoscope (A) with Gem #1
Tasker and Theo (A)
Nemesis Bracers
Firebird Pans with 2 flawless Royal Topaz
Tal Rasha Belt (A)
RoRG with Gem #2
SoJ with Gem #3
Serpent Sparker (A) with Flawless Royal Emerald
Firebird boots
Mirrorball

Gem #1: Simplicity's Strength (25)
Gem #2: Bane of the powerful (12) [Working on this]
Gem #3: Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver (25)

Working on Gem of Efficacious Toxin as well. Any better choices?

MM (Conflagration)
Hydra (Mammoth Hydra)
Energy Armor (Prismatic)
Magic Weapon (Force)
Black Hole (Blazar)
Blizzard (Apocalypse)

I would link my character but since I play on Asia server, the text are all in Chinese...

New XP exploit, farming mid-30 GR's earns you about 30 BILLION xp per hour.
Gaby is now doing it: http://i.imgur.com/2tKKEpr.png

It's been gaining popularity on EU since 2.1.2. I guess people discovered it during PTR and kept it quiet.
Probably not intended by Blizzard.

Don't see this as an exploit, more of an oversight by Blizzard. Not increasing the difficulty of the game or decreasing the reward with the addition of ancient items.

I don't see more XP being worth the time played. Maybe to the "elite" players to get that next rift level with the more para points.

It's about 3 times more XP than T6. I wonder how drops compare? More legendaries, maybe.
It would suck to be shoehorned into farming GR's over T6. I hate doing Trials.

It's about 3 times more XP than T6. I wonder how drops compare? More legendaries, maybe.
It would suck to be shoehorned into farming GR's over T6. I hate doing Trials.

I would think GRift drops would be worse across the board compared to T6. The most I ever had drop from my mid 30's/low 40's runs was 4 legs. With the new patch I consistently get 4-9 leg drops in T6. I would think the lost gold, mats, gems and leg abundance would be a downside of running GRifts just for the more XP. Above para 650 what do you really gain? A few more ticks in the skill category of your toon? I don't see the point unless you want to be a top ladder player for brag rights.

I'm with you. Trials and GRifts are terrible for long term extended play. Give me T6-T10 and I'll be much happier (with equivalent rewards in return).

Greater Rifts seem to have better density though, which makes it easier for me to quickly go through one. Heck, even a GR 25 is usually quicker than a T6 run and you get about the same amount of blood shards. For legs it probably isn't the best though.

Greater Rifts seem to have better density though, which makes it easier for me to quickly go through one. Heck, even a GR 25 is usually quicker than a T6 run and you get about the same amount of blood shards. For legs it probably isn't the best though.

I forgot about shards, you get a lot more through Grifts. Of course the payout of said shards is based on luck. Sounds like something to test when bored, which is fastest and most rewarding.

If they would get rid of trials, it would make Grifts a lot more appealing since they altered the maps to remove a lot of dead ends.

I'm with you. Trials and GRifts are terrible for long term extended play. Give me T6-T10 and I'll be much happier (with equivalent rewards in return).

I don't know why this doesn't just scale already? Get a formula for difficulty based on enemy HP + damage dealt to player vs gear and gear attributes, and procedurally create an endgame?

Evasive Fire - Focus, or Entangling Shot - Justice is Served.

You can also run NO Generator, just use Prep - Punishment & Vengeance - Seeth.
Works with Multishot.

Slowly pushing my way up the monk ladder. Love the new monk changes :D Also been handing out SWK gear to people like crazy lol.

What I really hope for eventually is a zen mode where I don't have to bother with the RG/opening/closing etc. Just an endless dungeon.

Decided to run a pure cold wizard... pretty easy T6, ray of frost ticks for 30 mil +

Wonder how grift go.

Decided to run a pure cold wizard... pretty easy T6, ray of frost ticks for 30 mil +

Wonder how grift go.

Firebird's is really the only viable option for high greater rifts/fastest T6 clears in groups :(

I haven't played D3 in something like 2 years. I'm pretty damn excited actually to start from scratch and run through the new expansion when the new season starts. I've been playing a lot of competitive games lately (SC2 AND CSGO), so some good old fashioned demon slaying will be a welcome change.

props to soulesschild for all the help he has been on guidence and the loot drops... watching him go is nice but keeping up with him is a bitch... we even had one guy quit cause their was nothing for him to kill LOL

Slowly pushing my way up the monk ladder. Love the new monk changes :D Also been handing out SWK gear to people like crazy lol.

What I really hope for eventually is a zen mode where I don't have to bother with the RG/opening/closing etc. Just an endless dungeon.

Hey can you speed me up on whats good for monk nowadays? Im thining of coming back a bit. all I know is there is now ancient weapon.

here is my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Orcmaniac-1107/hero/6431129

the skill might not make sense right now, i just logged 5 minute and was trying to see the changes.

ty !

You have to clear t6 to get that many legs. I can run two or three grifts in that time.

You're forgetting you have to do trials. T6 is always faster for legendaries as long as you're geared for it.

For example, I can crush a T6 rift in under 2 minutes (start->RG dead). Full clear takes maybe 5-7 minutes depending on rift maps.

I can also easily farm 35 grifts in maybe 5-7 minutes but doing the trial is a total pain in the ass and you have to do it every time and make sure you don't accidentally overshoot and get a higher grift that would reduce your efficiency.

And don't forget about blood thieves and malevolent tormentor goblins.

I got number 10 in hardcore non seasons with my monk, who isn't even perfectly geared yet. Gotta say it really wasn't that hard (GR36), the 21 billion HP did take a while though. I still hate how my toughness is really "inflated". In T6 Im almost always at half health or close to dead if the elites get a bit crazy. Hopefully a good SWK amulet can help since it will allow me to run aughilds.

Hey can you speed me up on whats good for monk nowadays? Im thining of coming back a bit. all I know is there is now ancient weapon.

here is my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Orcmaniac-1107/hero/6431129

the skill might not make sense right now, i just logged 5 minute and was trying to see the changes.

ty !

You're off to a good start because you already have 3 piece SWK.

My monk for reference: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/congalong-1581/hero/40759454

Fire builds for T6: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/19153-2-1-2-t6-fire-annihilation-monk or http://www.diablofans.com/builds/27345-scrapzs-explosive-annihilation-build

I myself run a hybrid since I prefer having Inna's for easy Taeguk stacks.

Your standard lightning build for grifting: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835-2-1-2-g45-the-strongest-monk-build-quin69

The one change that would make this game so much more enjoyable to me would be if I could auto pickup gems and crafting materials just like health pots. Make it a toggleable option. Would be amazing...

I agree on the auto pickup option... I almost broke a finger chasing Soulesschild Sunday night in LRs

You're off to a good start because you already have 3 piece SWK.

My monk for reference: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/congalong-1581/hero/40759454

Fire builds for T6: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/19153-2-1-2-t6-fire-annihilation-monk or http://www.diablofans.com/builds/27345-scrapzs-explosive-annihilation-build

I myself run a hybrid since I prefer having Inna's for easy Taeguk stacks.

Your standard lightning build for grifting: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835-2-1-2-g45-the-strongest-monk-build-quin69

thanks alot for the super fast response ! Ill check and try those. I see I now have to find new weapons tho! too bad im pretty sure I scrapped some of those in the past. At least I have something to look forward to find !

thanks alot for the super fast response ! Ill check and try those. I see I now have to find new weapons tho! too bad im pretty sure I scrapped some of those in the past. At least I have something to look forward to find !

As long as you have SWK and Inna's, you can do pretty much any of the Wave of Light builds, but just use Tempest Rush instead. Exploding palm will take care of all your damage against mobs (it sucks against single targets, but hey can't complain). I did a GR25 or 26 with it in a pretty good time, so it can be useful until you find that Incense Torch.

The monk is far more reliant on SunWuko's set then Wizards are on FireBirds.

I spent the past 3 days trying monk builds without SunWuko's and they work but almost all of them are half as powerful as a SunWuko monk.

Firebirdless wizards take a much smaller hit then Sunwukoless monks. I made a Talrasha/archon wizard that might have been on par with a Firebird wiard.

These new sets are bad for the game I feel. Really limits the options far more so then any time in the past.

Firebird's will tick in excess of 140 million per second, an archon build will not even get close to that.

Before this patch, wasn't the only really viable build for monks one with a Flying Dragon?

Firebird's will tick in excess of 140 million per second, an archon build will not even get close to that.

Before this patch, wasn't the only really viable build for monks one with a Flying Dragon?

And Tal + Vyr + CDR is not that far behind. I hit Greater rift 40 without firebirds.....I can't hit great rift 40 on my Monk without SunWuko's.

Here is an example and he's not even running the build to the best of its abilities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KYyGLezd0

Wizards are at 47 (with the top 25 being over 41 in hardcore), softcore is even higher. Plus he got the easiest rift guardian with the least amount of HP. Again, a firebird's wizard will walk all over that build, and he has pretty good gear. So what if monks are focused on SWK right now? There are a couple of other builds you can use, it's just anything SWK is going to be the best for high greater rifts (unless you play support monk) and group play. Blizzard said they are doing something with the other Monk set, or add new ones.

Wizards are at 47 (with the top 25 being over 41 in hardcore), softcore is even higher. Plus he got the easiest rift guardian with the least amount of HP. Again, a firebird's wizard will walk all over that build, and he has pretty good gear. So what if monks are focused on SWK right now? There are a couple of other builds you can use, it's just anything SWK is going to be the best for high greater rifts (unless you play support monk) and group play. Blizzard said they are doing something with the other Monk set, or add new ones.

The point is the disparity between SunWuko and None SunWuko is greater then the disparity between FireBirds and None firebirds based on my observation. Making SunWuko's set so much more important to a monk then Firebirds is to a wizard.

limiting each class to a specific gear set is rather restricting. There is always going to be a 'Best' build this only becomes a problem when the 'best' build is so much stronger then the next best build that it makes it virtually unusable.

For example old school D3 I had a Bell Monk, Thunder clap monk, and a combination strike monk that were all very different in gear and skills but their clear rates were all very close. No monk build comes close to a Sunwuko monk.

Seems like every step they try and take forward is also a step back.

Like I said, let's wait until Season 2 starts and see what Blizzard is doing in regards to the lightning set.

Like I said, let's wait until Season 2 starts and see what Blizzard is doing in regards to the lightning set.

Well I don't think 1 new set is going to solve the problem. It'll help though.

A Good example of good Item design is the Vile Ward ~30% more furious Charge damage. So with this you have some real good options. You can Get the Vile Ward, Another Set piece, or a second set piece {aughild's] all of which are very good options.

If they probably double the amount of good synergised none set items I think we'd have a bit of wiggle room for diversity.

Here is a build I tried that just didn't cut it.
Staff of Kyro ~40% more damage for deadly reach
DepthDiggers for ~80% more primary skill damage
Simplicity's strength for ~30% more primary skill damage

I also Paired it with Fire damage: Cindercoat, magefist, Andariel's Visage, Stone Of Jordan, and Lucuni's.

I was hitting pretty hard but was still doing at least 50% less than a mid level sunwuko build. If they had 2 or 3 more items like DepthDiggers that had synergy I'd likely be within 20% of sunwuko and have a very viable build.

This really isn't that hard for blizzard to do it is literally a 3 step process.
1. Give an Item an ability
2. Give 3 or 4 other items that combo with it
3. Test to makes sure its not OP.

Repeat for each class.

....but it is as it has always been with diablo 3 too much potential that they never can quite reach because they are a low budget small indie developer without the resources to do so.

Anonymous Blizzard source: "Diablo 3 team has been completely gutted" - Other Blizz leaks

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2u3ani/anonymous_blizzard_source_diablo_3_team_has_been/

Where I don't believe rumor mills such as this usually, it would not surprise me if true. Any content they release will not make them money as they don't charge for it and we don't pay to play. There's no business sense in keeping us playing the game now when it's all for free and costing them money to power battlenet and the D3 universe.

I didn't realize I had never found a Torch until this dropped last night:
nbTHYJB.png

I'm still enjoying the hell out of the MadFlow build, though.

That is one bipolar torch lol. Max + damage roll, almost max reduce cost roll and decent dex roll. But the secondary sucks and the WoL damage rolled min. Still pretty nice though.

Back