Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Feel like I should win a prize...

eAGR6uC.jpg

The Furnace is a myth. I've still never seen one on any of my characters, let alone have any hope of ever getting an ancient one. Not that that's frustrating. :D

Speaking of myths...I haven't seen an SoJ in weeks now. I got 2 shitty Furnaces, but no SoJ. I also got about 5 unity's....

The Furnace is a myth. I've still never seen one on any of my characters, let alone have any hope of ever getting an ancient one. Not that that's frustrating. :D

I've burned so many shards on two handers, so many! I've seen one. I'm just hoping for an ancient heartslaughter at this point.

I totally got lucky without a doubt. Was just about to sign off last night after playing for a while and spent my last 300 shards. That furnace was the last item she gave me. Almost fell out of my chair. With my full damage t6 gear on, I can hit as high as 700+ mil crit on first charge hit. T6 is a one shot fest without the DoT.

I have had 3~4 soj's, DE'd one of them last night.

I also have gotten a furnace, but it was only 3400 dps.

Kadala loves me though, got an ancient TnT and ancient Witching hour from her. I think I will start working on going glass cannon.

Haven't played since they changed the Sunwuko set so figured I'd give it a go this morning and it just wrecks...I see what you guys were talking about when it comes to builds that could compete with it. I was basically running a holy bomb build before the change so I just added WoL and removed the Breath of Heaven rune I'd been using: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/53741369. Not going to win any awards but it's fun dropping 3-4 bells in about 1 second with my Flying Dragon!

The new goblins are pretty fun; I basically just played some rifts and hunted around for them. The bloodthieves are definitely a welcome addition. I did find one goblin pack on my 3rd or 4th rift but unfortunately they were all the regular or the new green mats goblins. Only found 1 ancient legendary so far and it was Spaulders of Zakara, so that was a bummer, but there's almost no point in picking anything up anyway since my upgrades are either a new weapon or better versions of stuff I already have. 90% of legendaries are insta-salvage since almost nothing can compete with sets. Still solid beat-em-up gameplay though.

I didn't realize I had never found a Torch until this dropped last night:
nbTHYJB.png

I'm still enjoying the hell out of the MadFlow build, though.

That's probably the most ideal torch according to rank #1 monk. 10% dmg, spirit/sec. I would gift it, then re-roll the base damage to max.

I've been trying to farm a new ancient torch (lol) that has that kind of stats. Having the 6 spirit/sec would allow me less downtime (the few seconds or so when I'm completely dry and both spirit regen skills are on CD). Would also allow me to run the fire t6 farm build and drop air ally and instead run fire ally for extra damage.

Warstaff of General Quang
4245.2 DPS

I burned god knows how many blood shards looking for this staff. I pop into a T1 game with my Scrub WD and get this. The odds are astounding.

Aren't the D3 Seasons kinda long? I think they should copy more of PoE and implement some shorter races to go along with the traditional season. Also if they had a spectator system like Steam Broadcasting, then we could watch SteveDave play his character.

To be exact SteveDave, you know you can use Steam Broadcasting to stream D3 to the masses. I wouldn't mind watching you and others tear it up.

Season 1 was probably longer than other seasons will be. Although... I think we can expect 3 months, at minimum.

Aren't the D3 Seasons kinda long? I think they should copy more of PoE and implement some shorter races to go along with the traditional season. Also if they had a spectator system like Steam Broadcasting, then we could watch SteveDave play his character.

To be exact SteveDave, you know you can use Steam Broadcasting to stream D3 to the masses. I wouldn't mind watching you and others tear it up.

That I did not know. Maybe I'll give it a shot for season 2 but considering you'd pretty much be the only one watching and it might cause lag.

Though last season I was in the top 10 on the leaders board most of the time. If they make it more exp based and Less obscure mission based I'll be in the top 10 for a long while.

How does tempest rush stack like that?

Also, why are they ending the season so late today, just seems a bit stupid to end it at 4:00PM PST.

How does tempest rush stack like that?

Also, why are they ending the season so late today, just seems a bit stupid to end it at 4:00PM PST.

Its the new tempest rush flurry. For each second (based on attackspeed) you channel temptest rush it adds a stack up to 100. Each stack is 150 Weapon damage and 100 stacks is 15000 times weapon damage. Pop a few damage amplifiers just before it goes off and you have yourself a massive hit.

Its a pretty solid build thanks to sunwuko's.as it does plenty of damage before the pop as well.even at 20 stacks it hits for 3000 weapon damage.so you can just pop it everytime blinding flash is off cool down.

It does add a level of fun/frustration though as knowckback, jailer, ice bombs and anything else that stops your channeling will trigger the pop.and missing the hit when at 100 stacks is pretty devastating....but popping a rift guardian for 9 billion damage in a public game is pretty fantastic..

Hmm, that sounds interesting. I have one of the tempest weapons and a pretty decent frostburn. Should be interesting for T6

Its the new tempest rush flurry. For each second (based on attackspeed) you channel temptest rush it adds a stack up to 100. Each stack is 150 Weapon damage and 100 stacks is 15000 times weapon damage. Pop a few damage amplifiers just before it goes off and you have yourself a massive hit.

Its a pretty solid build thanks to sunwuko's.as it does plenty of damage before the pop as well.even at 20 stacks it hits for 3000 weapon damage.so you can just pop it everytime blinding flash is off cool down.

It does add a level of fun/frustration though as knowckback, jailer, ice bombs and anything else that stops your channeling will trigger the pop.and missing the hit when at 100 stacks is pretty devastating....but popping a rift guardian for 9 billion damage in a public game is pretty fantastic..

Oh interesting, I guess the website tooltip isn't updated since it doesn't mention anything about stacking whatsoever. I need to try this for sure.

Took a couple of months off but started getting hooked again over the past couple days...I may just have to play season 2 haha! My best character probably ended up being my Monk using Vengeful Wind+Thunderfury (6 stacks of Sweeping Wind) +Sunwuko+Blackthornes+Countess for safety. And my most fun project was a tank DH built around Sever and extreme life regen - was working on T5! :cool:

Edit: forgot the new season doesn't start until the 13th...because for some reason they can't just take the game down for maintenance and then rollover to the new season like anyone else would do...

Last edited:
I recently came back too after asking advice earlier in the thread. Im prolly going to try a HC in season 2

I hit for 11 billion. I looked on that Internets for anything higher and I couldn't find it, although hard to search for.

I was able to get a 9.6 billion crit on video here is a snap shot.

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSwsoFwyqM

I've seen about 12 billion crit on my own when using flurry. It's fun build but I prefer either perm epiphany exploding palm (such a fun fast playstyle) or fire bells speed clearing.

Just having to around and re-stack flurry stacks is just irritating. Maybe after S1 krelm bracers become available on NS I'll like it slightly more.

Monks are viable again and its ALL people play

I actually see DH/Barb/Monk in equal amounts.

S2 only because of Gungdo bracers being OP as fuck. And because the new sets aren't coming with it. I really wanted to start a barb to play with that WW set :(

Also, shout out to Skids for finally having geared his monk :) Grats man hope you enjoy that sweet sweet monk :p:D

Whose next on my carry list ;)?

Barb is my least played character so I'm doing barb season 2. Going to suck in HC as they have no prevent death skill.

And when was the monk not viable? My monk has consistently been excellent.

Barb is my least played character so I'm doing barb season 2. Going to suck in HC as they have no prevent death skill.

And when was the monk not viable? My monk has consistently been excellent.

"Excellent" is quite a vague term. I'm guessing by most people's standards was

1. Being able to do relatively high Grifts
2. Speed stomping T6

If you compare Vanilla monk to early RoS monk, monks were pretty much terrible/nerfed. And even then, most monks were forced into the zDPS role for team grifting (still are but at least you can argue that you can out put damage now)

Also the old SWK set was really annoying to play compared to any of the other sets.

"Excellent" is quite a vague term. I'm guessing by most people's standards was

1. Being able to do relatively high Grifts
2. Speed stomping T6

If you compare Vanilla monk to early RoS monk, monks were pretty much terrible/nerfed. And even then, most monks were forced into the zDPS role for team grifting (still are but at least you can argue that you can out put damage now)

Also the old SWK set was really annoying to play compared to any of the other sets.

I was definitely able to speed stomp T6. Never did too much greater rifting as I was HC all of season 1. The trick to using the old Sunwuko's was just a ton of spirit regen.

Monk 56-second T6 clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFeOsydgUA

Dashing Strike moves faster than Charge Barb, Aether Wizard, etc. Fire bell blows up the whole screen.
Shit is ridiculous. I don't play Monk so I think it needs a nerf hammer. :p

Well this is bad ass. I finish between 1:30 and 2:30 when I go fast. Never broken the 1 minute mark.

You have to take into account he is rocking dam close to perfect gear I mean the CDR is over 9000.

edit: Just noticed he has Empowered Shrine for the whole run. Lame...

Haha I was going to point that out but then I figured maybe that's how you speedy record-breaking types like to play or something. It's still crazy but not really an objective way to look at balance or anything.

Anyone wanna group up next Friday for Season 2? I'll probably be playing regular since my clan mate is off playing Guild Wars 2 or something :(. Plus I need to get a good character on regular, my wizard is mediocre and the other characters suck :(

Anyone wanna group up next Friday for Season 2? I'll probably be playing regular since my clan mate is off playing Guild Wars 2 or something :(. Plus I need to get a good character on regular, my wizard is mediocre and the other characters suck :(
I'll be hardcoring Season 2 (Softcore) probably 8-12 hours per day starting on the 13th. I'd post my btag here but I hate all of you people.

Anyway, can any experienced Monks explain the Decoy mechanic from Sunwuko? Does it spawn where you cast the ability and then explode in an 'X' yard radius or something? I can't see anything in the Monk videos because they're moving so fast and stuff is exploding everywhere.

Just curious how the mechanic works.

Usually the decoy just spawns when you use WoL or any of the other abilities. It should do it automatically and it seems to be where you "shoot" the ability. I have noticed it doesn't seem to work sometimes though. That is, the buff won't seem to activate at times. It's really annoying on rift guardians when all you see is 40mil crits instead of 200mil.

EDIT: Based on what i just played, it will spawn to the nearest enemy where you click your mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back