• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Randomly found a non-ancient furnace last night on my wizard (para 210).... Didn't really want it either (no idea if wizard can make any good use of it), but kept it anyway.

Currently using Ancient Devastator mace with Mirrorball, should I use furnace? i'll post rolls on it, but I remember it being 3400 dps with 44% elite damage, no socket (used my last gift on my current devastator).

Wizards can definitely benefit from it, all classes can. Using it over your ancient highly depends on dmg stats for both. Dev's +fire dmg is nice but the elites are what slow you down or require killing and the +44% dmg sometimes wins out.
 
I was thinking about the Twitch viewers argument and I don't really understand why anyone would want to regularly watch a D3 stream. It just doesn't lend itself to spectating. I'd rather watch LoL, Hearthstone, or basically any RTS. Something that has a beginning and an end with a winner or winning team is the most interesting. It would be the same as me watching a stream of someone mowing their lawn. When I finished the video I'd realize I could have just gone and mowed my own lawn and actually accomplished something in that time.

Also, I rarely play public games. My friend and I are almost always in a private game. I've also never made it past T4. Doesn't really matter to me. I just play to have fun. I'm sure my builds suck, but I'm not interested it what other people are doing.
 
Arguably you could say both PoE and D3 are both equally interesting, in terms of viewing.
So people directly compare the 2 stream counts to judge the playerbase.
 
I was thinking about the Twitch viewers argument and I don't really understand why anyone would want to regularly watch a D3 stream. It just doesn't lend itself to spectating. I'd rather watch LoL, Hearthstone, or basically any RTS. Something that has a beginning and an end with a winner or winning team is the most interesting. It would be the same as me watching a stream of someone mowing their lawn. When I finished the video I'd realize I could have just gone and mowed my own lawn and actually accomplished something in that time.

Also, I rarely play public games. My friend and I are almost always in a private game. I've also never made it past T4. Doesn't really matter to me. I just play to have fun. I'm sure my builds suck, but I'm not interested it what other people are doing.

I never could understand watching other people do what you can just do yourself. Why would I watch someone play a video game that I myself own? But I guess some are spectators and some are spectated.
 
Sometimes it helps to see how to play/gear a build. I've noticed a lot of the guides are not that great anymore.
 
I never could understand watching other people do what you can just do yourself. Why would I watch someone play a video game that I myself own? But I guess some are spectators and some are spectated.
Why do people watch the World Cup, Superbowl, etc?
I watched Gaby clear his GR50+ runs or whatever, mostly because I don't have the gear to do it myself so it was interesting.
 
Why do people watch the World Cup, Superbowl, etc?
I watched Gaby clear his GR50+ runs or whatever, mostly because I don't have the gear to do it myself so it was interesting.

I don't understand people who watch the sports either. But most people don't have 23 friends to bust out a game of football or a place to play football at where they could play a video game with ease. The barrier of entry for a video game is almost none existent but is pretty large for the sports.
 
Randomly found a Ancient Wand that lets you have tow active Hydras at once (can't remember the name), pretty good roll too (nearly 2750 dps with 940+ int and vit, will be rerolling the socket on the wand once I find another Gift), so the ancient dev came out and changed my OH to Firebird, any idea if Mammoth Hydra fire pools stack in damage?
 
Randomly found a Ancient Wand that lets you have tow active Hydras at once (can't remember the name), pretty good roll too (nearly 2750 dps with 940+ int and vit, will be rerolling the socket on the wand once I find another Gift), so the ancient dev came out and changed my OH to Firebird, any idea if Mammoth Hydra fire pools stack in damage?

Grats on the serpent sparker! And yes they do stack. TnT/IAS also affects Hydras now making them crazy strong.
 
I wanted to find a way to estimate the amount of current players and I found a way to do it using the in-game communites & RoS' sales figures:

Using the Community's retention rate, we find an average of about 1% on the low-end:
http://i.imgur.com/C6S87Gw.png

The cumulative average is 1.4% but we'll round down to be safe. If we apply those values to global RoS sales, let's use 2.7 million since it's the only concrete value I can find:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-reiterate-reaper-of-souls-sales

1% of 2.7 million copies is 27,000 current players (worldwide). This assumes RoS didn't sell a single copy beyond its first week.
A far cry above the "1200" previously mentioned. The RiF community alone has about 1,400 people in the chat. Their retention rate is 1.1%.

Giving all 4 regions an equal portion, that's 6.7k players per region. Again, based on the 1-week sales number.
I think you'll find the majority of the playerbase plays in private games, usually solo.

Comparing the Reddit communities and Forums of D3 vs PoE shows similar amounts of activity, although you have to consider PoE is free -- $40 is the cheapest D3+RoS has ever been.

D3's forums are slightly more active. PoE's Reddit community is slightly more active.
Based on the amount of posts and upvotes made within the last day / week.

You mean that using the numbers of public softcore, non-seasonal characters in one difficulty isn't a good way to estimate the people currently playing? ;)
 
I've been running with my monk the last few days and I love it. I'm pretty much geared out so if other players want to run with me or need a carry in T6 rifts hit me up in clan. I've been passing off any monk gear that's not an upgrade for me (and that's most of the gear, including torches) to others so come find me!

congalong#1581

I run pretty much every night from 5PM-9PM PST.
 
I've been running with my monk the last few days and I love it. I'm pretty much geared out so if other players want to run with me or need a carry in T6 rifts hit me up in clan. I've been passing off any monk gear that's not an upgrade for me (and that's most of the gear, including torches) to others so come find me!

congalong#1581

I run pretty much every night from 5PM-9PM PST.

Hot damn that is a nice staff.
 
I've been running with my monk the last few days and I love it. I'm pretty much geared out so if other players want to run with me or need a carry in T6 rifts hit me up in clan. I've been passing off any monk gear that's not an upgrade for me (and that's most of the gear, including torches) to others so come find me!

congalong#1581

I run pretty much every night from 5PM-9PM PST.

Be careful with this guy. If he gives you something he takes nothing in return. :p Gave me my first flying dragon and not a bad roll for a non ancient.
 
I've been running into a lot of monks in the pubs recently. Looks like a sick class. Really want to try one out.
 
I've been running into a lot of monks in the pubs recently. Looks like a sick class. Really want to try one out.

They used to always be one of the best classes for build diversity. But that has diminished a bit with sunwuko's and the Diabo that reduces wave of light cost being so much more powerful then everything else. But if your not greater rifting they still have pretty good build diversity.

Wizard is still the king of build diversity.
 
They used to always be one of the best classes for build diversity. But that has diminished a bit with sunwuko's and the Diabo that reduces wave of light cost being so much more powerful then everything else. But if your not greater rifting they still have pretty good build diversity.

Wizard is still the king of build diversity.

Depends how you look at it. SWK set is pretty mandatory but the different builds that can be run with it I think give more diversity than what monk was before (primarily a zDPS only). Hexwuko, Fire Bells, Lightning Bells are the main builds that I've noticed recently. And only lightning bells really requires Torch. But even then before I found Torch I had varying success running bell builds using other weapons. You just have to run a generator instead of something like EP.

I used to main a monk in D3 vanilla then went to WD for a bit. Then Wizard. But I always loved monk. Now that they can actually compete solo and be awesome in T6 clears is fantastic.

I actually feel really bad for wizards. Firebird's is pretty much the only really "viable" build you have and even then, they get left behind in the dust compared to the other builds when it comes to T6 clearing. It's not that they got nerfed in 2.1.2 but just other classes got buffed.
 
90% of useful Crusader builds revolve around Akkhans zzzzz.
 
There's the horsies, horse dragging sader, bowsader, fohsader, holy light sader, condemnsader,and the clonesader.

What you got?

Guy you quoted said almost all builds requires Akkhans to properly function. You decide to list a bunch of builds of a crusader. How does your "what you got?" even remotely relate when you did nothing to address his statement on the sader being a one set build type...?
 
It's kind of a similar trend with most classes. There is generally one set that determines the best build. Wizard is Firebirds, Monk is SWK and Inna's (Lightning = still useless), DH is of course Marauders, Sader is Akkhan's (except for like 1 or 2 builds, neither end game), Barbarian is Raekors. WD maybe an exception since there isn't really one set that you really need for it.

There just aren't that many viable builds anymore if you want to farm T6/Greater Rifts efficiently.
 
Alright so I have been playing with my friends lately on non-seasonal characters. I think we are all going to be rolling season characters for season 2.

Currently I know one, if not two of them will go monk in season 2 because that is their favorite characters right now. I had wanted to try out the new season 2 monk, but guess I will go for something else. Right now I only have played Witch Doctor at level 70. The fact that I can't necessarily control who my army of midgets attacks kind of annoys me sometimes (and I haven't found all of the jade pieces yet).

Any suggestions on class I should try for season 2? I would want something that can have fast solo rift clears, and also work well with a pair of monks when we all group up. Is demon hunter my best bet? Would I find Crusader easier to play solo because of the extra tankiness?
 
Alright so I have been playing with my friends lately on non-seasonal characters. I think we are all going to be rolling season characters for season 2.

Currently I know one, if not two of them will go monk in season 2 because that is their favorite characters right now. I had wanted to try out the new season 2 monk, but guess I will go for something else. Right now I only have played Witch Doctor at level 70. The fact that I can't necessarily control who my army of midgets attacks kind of annoys me sometimes (and I haven't found all of the jade pieces yet).

Any suggestions on class I should try for season 2? I would want something that can have fast solo rift clears, and also work well with a pair of monks when we all group up. Is demon hunter my best bet? Would I find Crusader easier to play solo because of the extra tankiness?

Sader would be the best bet I'd think. You could roll FC barb but once you get geared....you'll easily out run them in rifts. With Sader you can go DPS, you can go zDPS, etc.
 
For those who play monk, what do you guys do for defense? Seems even at GR21 (or T4) a couple of elites really destroy my HP. Still looking for that Incense Torch, so I'm just doing tempest rush for now because it seems to work with EP. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krieg1337-1699/hero/56813443

You could try a Fire Bells build.

Skill set: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eQdSjP!ifbg!ZZaYbY

Primary Gear:
SWK Helm (Dependent if you have SWK amulet or not)/Inna's Helm/Leorics
SWK Shoulders
SWK Gloves
SWK Amulet/Ele %, CHD, CC amulet
Cindercoat
Reaper's Wraps
Captain's Legs
Captain's Belt/Inna's Belt (only if you're running Inna's helm)/Goldwrap
RROG
SOJ/Unity
Furnace/Torch/Big 2 hander

You'll want RCR (Resource Cost Reduction) where you can get it.

Paragon points:
MS->Dex
CDR->CC->CHD
Res->Armor->Life %
RCR->Area->LoH
 
Last edited:
You could try a Fire Bells build.

Skill set: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#eQdSjP!ifbg!ZZaYbY

Primary Gear:
SWK Helm (Dependent if you have SWK amulet or not)/Inna's Helm/Leorics
SWK Shoulders
SWK Gloves
SWK Amulet/Ele %, CHD, CC amulet
Cindercoat
Reaper's Wraps
Captain's Legs
Captain's Belt/Inna's Belt (only if you're running Inna's helm)/Goldwrap
RROG
SOJ/Unity
Furnace/Torch/Big 2 hander

You'll want RCR (Resource Cost Reduction) where you can get it.

Paragon points:
MS->Dex
CDR->CC->CHD
Res->Armor->Life %
RCR->Area->LoH

I've been doing some fire shit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

normally have a second fire damage weapon instead of the Shield....just messing around with the shield

But if you have 2 ancient fire weapons you should be around 100% fire damage. you could set this up.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UZhSjP!Wdbg!ZYcbbY

The Guardian's Path + Mantra of Salvation agility gives you like 70% dodge which helps out a ton and Scorpion sting has a bit of range to the tornado so you can stay at a safe distance when you need too.

I don't have any CDR on any of my gear so I build around that. But if you do have CDR you can pretty much Epiphany forever.
 
I think I might pick up Reaper of Souls and jump back in for the upcoming season. Anyone know if it's on sale anywhere? Not paying $40 through Blizzard. Amazon has it for $27 but it's not the download version.
 
I think I might pick up Reaper of Souls and jump back in for the upcoming season. Anyone know if it's on sale anywhere? Not paying $40 through Blizzard. Amazon has it for $27 but it's not the download version.

cjs-cdkeys.com

Couple of friends just bought ROS from them for $26.
 
Guy you quoted said almost all builds requires Akkhans to properly function. You decide to list a bunch of builds of a crusader. How does your "what you got?" even remotely relate when you did nothing to address his statement on the sader being a one set build type...?

Most of them still play pretty differently and require a fair bit of different gear. Most of the different sader builds can feel fresh. There are also a couple of useful rolands builds. I can do pretty well in t6 with rolands and an akkerats awakening.
 
I'm running the MadFlow build for my monk, which is just fucking terrible against single targets (ahem...rift bosses) with my current gear but damn does it have screen clearing power otherwise. Just need to get my holy gem and the bane of the trapped gem up to par and I think I'll have quite a bit more killing power. I may need to switch back to Reaper's Wraps versus my Strongarm to try to help with my resource drain until I can get more spirit regen.

Business#1943 if you want to have some monk action in your group. I'm on pretty often
 
Managed to get my hands on ancient TnT for wiz (no pun intended, and it is also my first ever TnT), the thing is f'ing amazing, pity its stat rolls were shit (8% crit and 30% CD lol), but it does have have 50% pet ias.

Gotta love Kadala...

Now for that witching hour...

Now,
 
cjs-cdkeys.com

Couple of friends just bought ROS from them for $26.

Well, I bought this key and added it to my account, but I ROS doesn't show up in game or in the Battle.net client. I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll contact support. It says Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Standard Edition in my Battle.net account online, but it's not showing up anywhere else.
 
For those of you running SWK, have you noticed it not always working? For some reason it seems like my single target damage is just terrible, my bell just doesn't do the 100m+ crits all the time. Seems really bad with rift guardians (only crits for 30-40m, which sucks when the guardian has 9 billion HP). I don't remember it being this bad in the PTR either. Heck, I didn't even use EP and I cleared a 39 with ease in the PTR.
 
New XP exploit, farming mid-30 GR's earns you about 30 BILLION xp per hour.
Gaby is now doing it: http://i.imgur.com/2tKKEpr.png

It's been gaining popularity on EU since 2.1.2. I guess people discovered it during PTR and kept it quiet.
Probably not intended by Blizzard.
 
New XP exploit, farming mid-30 GR's earns you about 30 BILLION xp per hour.
Gaby is now doing it: http://i.imgur.com/2tKKEpr.png

It's been gaining popularity on EU since 2.1.2. I guess people discovered it during PTR and kept it quiet.
Probably not intended by Blizzard.

What's the exploit? Is it just a sweet spot in terms of XP vs playtime? Or is this a bug in XP awarded in the mid 30's GR's?
 
Is it just a sweet spot in terms of XP vs playtime? Or is this a bug in XP awarded in the mid 30's GR's?
Definitely the first one.
Maybe the second one.

It all depends how Blizzard reacts. I already had a really long debate about this on other discussion boards, so it just depends how Blizzard wants to treat GR's.

Originally they said T6 was meant to be "farm mode" and GR's were for difficulty progression. But now you have people in end-game gear farming easy mode GR35 for the most XP, which is contrary to what they've said before.
By this measurement they should just add more Torment difficulties and take out the middle man (Trials).
 
Back
Top