• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I got 2 Rimeheart drops yesterday. Rarest Sword in the game. Not sure if it still holds that title. But I feel pretty damn lucky. First ones ive ever seen.

Un0titled.jpg
 
Last edited:
Pride fall is really only suited for a cold build. Cinders +fire dmg and cost reduction cant be beat and is immune to drop off when getting hit by stuff you can't see coming like pride fall. Still trying to figure which build is better, fire or cold. Obviously gear dependent as cold you can get a ancient etrayu and the quiver that gives + cold dmg plus guaranteed cull of weak chill hits with slowness. Fire gives Cinder but more powerful stats on the base skills themselves (700 vs 550 cold).

Between preparation and companion, if you have enough cooldown you don't need to use a primary generator often which nullifies chakram quiver and krider.

Going with cold for this one.

Maelstorm rockets can't really be beat. If you have your cooldown above 33% then you can manage your hatred just fine without a cindercoat, and Pride's Fall will give it a boost every so often.

Just can't beat the crowd control in the rockets, imo. LFB doesn't get those.

Still gearing up, but this is what I got so far: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tephnos-2225/hero/50424625
 
I noticed that the mats now stack to 5000 which is nice, I wish the Rift Stones stacked higher as well.
 
I got 2 Rimeheart drops yesterday. Rarest Sword in the game. Not sure if it still holds that title. But I feel pretty damn lucky. First ones ive ever seen.

Un0titled.jpg

wow damn, im almost paragon 600 and i never have found one, shame not ancient its kinda bad now getting a non ancient wepaon thats super rare.
 
I'm approaching paragon 500 and have not found a ramalandi's gift with my main despite playing T5 and T6 since it was introduced. I've had two given to me for my main, I found one on my forgotten seasonal character at paragon 28 or something at torment 2, which made me even more pissed off. Then I decided to try the PTR with that insane legendary drop rate and a gift drops halfway through my first rift. Ugh.

I've never found a Rimeheart either but it looks awesome.
 
So I decided to re install D3 on my laptop, so I guess I can start playing it again.
 
I think I'm the first person on my friends list of people I know in real life to get to 70 with a HC character. I'm up to paragon 25.

So far T1 is fairly easy. I wouldn't say I completely roll through it, but I haven't had any real close calls yet. I don't really have anything spectacular for items yet either. The combo buffs to bola just kinda randomly happen too ha!

Do you guys think I should keep trying to reroll my bow for a socket or keep the life on hit? Normally it would be obvious, but in HC it is kinda nice having that much regen.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skyvalley-1789/hero/56705752
 
wow damn, im almost paragon 600 and i never have found one, shame not ancient its kinda bad now getting a non ancient wepaon thats super rare.

I wish that I had known how rare that sword was. I've seen one, don't think that I kept it.
 
So when is Season 2 starting? I played a bunch of Season 1 then stopped to play some WoW. Would love to do Season 2 :)
 
So when is Season 2 starting? I played a bunch of Season 1 then stopped to play some WoW. Would love to do Season 2 :)

Fail I've still got that sword you gave me and use it all the time. It's especially useful for bringing up new characters.
 
Dropped a 10 billion Crit yesterday with tempest rush flurry bomb.

I had no idea Tempest Rush Flurry charged 100 times the 150 damage. I used to think it was the most useless skill.

Here is a video that talks about how it do. I recommend Monks try it out as it is crazy fun. 2-hander > duel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpBWzCVwcs
 
So should I start playing again. Or is just it the quest to get lucky for the build you want to go for still?

I quit because I straight couldn't get the gear I needed for my build. I just wasn't being blessed with it.
 
So should I start playing again. Or is just it the quest to get lucky for the build you want to go for still?

I quit because I straight couldn't get the gear I needed for my build. I just wasn't being blessed with it.

That hasn't and never will change. Its even worse now too because of Ancients because even if you get what you are looking for it is likely not going to be ancient.
 
Yep, the object is to get gear so you can get better gear to get better gear. With none of the other distractions typical gear treadmills tend to offer, its just the treadmill endlessly.

If thats your cup of tea then you'll have a ball. If not dont even bother, there's a reason the game is a ghost town.
 
That hasn't and never will change. Its even worse now too because of Ancients because even if you get what you are looking for it is likely not going to be ancient.

Actually drop rates have gotten much better. I quit to after spending forever trying to find a mask of jerem.

Started a crusader after 2.1 and found gear pretty consistently.

Yes, you may never find an ancient furnace while some noob will. Hell, I may never even find an ancient heartslaughter. You'll find good gear, may just not be decked out in top tier gear.
 
Actually drop rates have gotten much better. I quit to after spending forever trying to find a mask of jerem.

Started a crusader after 2.1 and found gear pretty consistently.

Yes, you may never find an ancient furnace while some noob will. Hell, I may never even find an ancient heartslaughter. You'll find good gear, may just not be decked out in top tier gear.

Better doesn't changed. Still looking for the 2 Daibo's which are preventing me from making 2 builds I want to try out Incense Torch of the Grand Temple and Flying Dragon. I haven't found either of these ever, paragon 400+, and when I do find one they won't be good enough to use unless they are ancient.

Sure you can be farming T6 in no time at all. But finding that 1 item you need is still a pain in the ass. Blood Shard made it better but then they upped the cost to stupid levels and the reward didn't follow the cost upgrade because in order to notice an increase you need a much larger sample size but that is hard to do because of the 500 shard limit.

no clue how much of my blood I put into the 75 blood 2-hander but its really high up there and I have nothing to show for it.
 
I had an exploding palm build for a while and I was looking for the Fist of Assrack to increase the explosion damage of exploding palm. I found my first and only one in December.

Whatever you're trying to get will be the one thing you never get, or at least never get a good enough roll to work with. Fucking RNG, man.
 
I don't know about dead right now, ever since 2.1.2 launched the servers have been crushed with lag. It was pretty much unplayable all weekend. I assume that's due to the amount of players that came back for the patch.
Although it will be dead again within a few weeks. Then S2 will start, it'll surge in popularity again, then die in a few weeks after that.

It's hard to keep people's attention without major content patches (which 2.1.2 isn't).
 
Better doesn't changed. Still looking for the 2 Daibo's which are preventing me from making 2 builds I want to try out Incense Torch of the Grand Temple and Flying Dragon. I haven't found either of these ever, paragon 400+, and when I do find one they won't be good enough to use unless they are ancient.

Sure you can be farming T6 in no time at all. But finding that 1 item you need is still a pain in the ass. Blood Shard made it better but then they upped the cost to stupid levels and the reward didn't follow the cost upgrade because in order to notice an increase you need a much larger sample size but that is hard to do because of the 500 shard limit.

no clue how much of my blood I put into the 75 blood 2-hander but its really high up there and I have nothing to show for it.

Didn't find my first furnace until para 450. Didn't prevent me from running the build that I used it for. I've probably put more shards into two handers than you too.

Wasn't even a great roll. In fact I just used my heartslaughter to clear my first gr36.

Part of the fun of this game is the hunt. What fun would the game be if you could just find anything right away? This game is literally all about loot. I honestly haven't looked into too many classes but at least with the crusader there are quite a few t6 viable builds to play around with.
 
I don't know about dead right now, ever since 2.1.2 launched the servers have been crushed with lag. It was pretty much unplayable all weekend. I assume that's due to the amount of players that came back for the patch.
Although it will be dead again within a few weeks. Then S2 will start, it'll surge in popularity again, then die in a few weeks after that.

It's hard to keep people's attention without major content patches (which 2.1.2 isn't).

When was the game dead? It almost never drops off the front page of the pc gaming section here. You can always find a match, even key farming. Even during the ptr, where half of the playerbase was off on that server.

I've been playing the game pretty steadily since 2.1 and it seems to be pretty active to me.


I don't see POE threads lighting up any forum. Vocal fans may spout off in D3 threads though.
 
I don't know about dead right now, ever since 2.1.2 launched the servers have been crushed with lag. It was pretty much unplayable all weekend. I assume that's due to the amount of players that came back for the patch.
Although it will be dead again within a few weeks. Then S2 will start, it'll surge in popularity again, then die in a few weeks after that.

It's hard to keep people's attention without major content patches (which 2.1.2 isn't).

There are about 1200 people playing right now between all different difficulty levels 900 of which are T6. It is prime time right now although its a Tuesday. This is also the post patch boom. previous to the patch there where much less people playing and in a couple weeks it will be back to that again.

For a game that sold over 4.5 million copies on the PC alone 1200 people playing is a ghost town.

The interest for this game is almost gone entirely. Look at twitch, there are more people watching PoE streams then D3 streams and D3 just got a freaking patch.
 
POE threads get no attention on any forum that I visit. POE has a smaller very dedicated playerbase. I highly doubt that the see anywhere near the traffic that D3 does.
 
Quote me some numbers, keep in mind those are only public games. You don't know how many people are playing the game at any given time.

Pretty impressive that after three years the D3 thread on this forum is still usually on the first page.

See above. No its not really impressive at all. Its the same few people bumping it.

And even if the public numbers only represent half the people online now thats not very good. Hell even if its 10% of the population its pretty horrible considering a couple fridays ago i checked and there where about 800 playing public games between all difficulties.

You may not want to hear it but the games a ghost town. You cant even get a game on anything other than T1,2 and 6, 3-5 are empty
 
The interest for this game is almost gone entirely. Look at twitch, there are more people watching PoE streams then D3 streams and D3 just got a freaking patch.
I wouldn't use Streams as a metric, DatModz and Deadmau5 were both streaming last night and it went over 10k pretty much into the Top 10 on Twitch.
If you had glanced last night you'd probably say D3 is more popular than it actually is...

I also wouldn't use the game counter as a metric either since it ignores private games.
You also didn't mention season/non-season/hardcore/tags. We don't even know how accurate that number is.

I wonder what the game counter in D3 looked like on RoS launch day/week and how that number compares to today. That's what you really need to look at.
 
Where are you finding those numbers?

POE threads get no attention on any forum that I visit. POE has a smaller very dedicated playerbase. I highly doubt that the see anywhere near the traffic that D3 does.

What in the world makes you think forum threads represent any damn thing?

Its right there on twitch, they show the viewer amount for every single game.

rOcPj8d.jpg
 
I've seen the same posts on the official forums... so many times, it really does turn into an echo chamber.
You have absolutely no idea how many times someone has said "This game is so dead, look PoE has more Twitch viewers" with a link to the Browse page on Twitch.

Probably over several hundred times in the last 6 months, it's quite tiresome.

Oh noooo, Diablo 3 has a low Twitch viewer count, I guess I should stop having fun with the game now! What was I thinking?! Silly me.
You've shown me the light, Disposed.
 
I've seen the same posts on the official forums... so many times, it really does turn into an echo chamber.
You have absolutely no idea how many times someone has said "This game is so dead, look PoE has more Twitch viewers" with a link to the Browse page on Twitch.

Probably over several hundred times in the last 6 months, it's quite tiresome.

Oh noooo, Diablo 3 has a low Twitch viewer count, I guess I should stop having fun with the game now! What was I thinking?! Silly me.
You've shown me the light, Disposed.

Thats fine. im not going to get into an argument this thread is nothing but devoted fans now anyways. Fact is the game sold millions and struggles to keep a couple thousand interested. You can twist it any way you want but before the patch boom the game was a pathetic ghost town and will be so again in a couple weeks.

Even after the patch you still cant find a group in half the torment levels but please tell me how full the game is now.
 
Thats fine. im not going to get into an argument this thread is nothing but devoted fans now anyways. Fact is the game sold millions and struggles to keep a couple thousand interested. You can twist it any way you want but before the patch boom the game was a pathetic ghost town and will be so again in a couple weeks.

Even after the patch you still cant find a group in half the torment levels but please tell me how full the game is now.
Explain to me why I should care if D3 is dead or not?
I could be the last person on the planet still playing D3 and it would have absolutely no effect on me since I've played 1,000 hours totally solo.

I don't care how many people are playing D3. I don't care if you approve or disapprove of those numbers, either. Call me a hipster I suppose.
But I still don't understand what you, or any of the other hundreds of people preaching the same gospel, are trying to prove.

Do you want us all to drop D3 and go play PoE or something? I just don't understand the motivation.
Let's say D3 is dead as a door nail... Now what? lol.
 
The reason most torments are dead is because T6 is extremely easy to get to now and most people have a ton of gear already. I love how anyone who posts here is a devoted fan though, it can't be that we are discussing the game or anything, nope just fanboys....
 
I wanted to find a way to estimate the amount of current players and I found a way to do it using the in-game communites & RoS' sales figures:

Using the Community's retention rate, we find an average of about 1% on the low-end:
http://i.imgur.com/C6S87Gw.png

The cumulative average is 1.4% but we'll round down to be safe. If we apply those values to global RoS sales, let's use 2.7 million since it's the only concrete value I can find:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-reiterate-reaper-of-souls-sales

1% of 2.7 million copies is 27,000 current players (worldwide). This assumes RoS didn't sell a single copy beyond its first week.
A far cry above the "1200" previously mentioned. The RiF community alone has about 1,400 people in the chat. Their retention rate is 1.1%.

Giving all 4 regions an equal portion, that's 6.7k players per region. Again, based on the 1-week sales number.
I think you'll find the majority of the playerbase plays in private games, usually solo.

Comparing the Reddit communities and Forums of D3 vs PoE shows similar amounts of activity, although you have to consider PoE is free -- $40 is the cheapest D3+RoS has ever been.

D3's forums are slightly more active. PoE's Reddit community is slightly more active.
Based on the amount of posts and upvotes made within the last day / week.
 
Last edited:
I know that 90% of the time when I play I don't set my games to public, so that doesn't go into your count. I dunno how many people are like me, but I bet you could almost double your count if you included it some how.
 
Didn't find my first furnace until para 450. Didn't prevent me from running the build that I used it for. I've probably put more shards into two handers than you too.

Wasn't even a great roll. In fact I just used my heartslaughter to clear my first gr36.

Part of the fun of this game is the hunt. What fun would the game be if you could just find anything right away? This game is literally all about loot. I honestly haven't looked into too many classes but at least with the crusader there are quite a few t6 viable builds to play around with.

I didn't say it wasn't fun. I said it hasn't changed. Someone asked if it changed and it didn't.

I'm at about 175,000 blood shards collected. I finally got one of my monk weapons but it wasn't from gambling.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/career
 
Randomly found a non-ancient furnace last night on my wizard (para 210).... Didn't really want it either (no idea if wizard can make any good use of it), but kept it anyway.

Currently using Ancient Devastator mace with Mirrorball, should I use furnace? i'll post rolls on it, but I remember it being 3400 dps with 44% elite damage, no socket (used my last gift on my current devastator).
 
Back
Top