Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Guess I should re-install again so I can play once more.

So where has everyone gone. HOCP D3 has been pretty quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Everybody over in PTR, or just burned out and waiting for the patch?

Burned out to be perfectly honest. I really see no reason to spend countless hours farming for a better pair of TNT's/Krider for my DH, especially given the upcoming changes to DH. I guess when all I had left in game was to get a few higher levels in GR, to me it wasn't worth the time investment.

Not that switching to WOW for now has been any better, mind you.

Burned out to be perfectly honest. I really see no reason to spend countless hours farming for a better pair of TNT's/Krider for my DH, especially given the upcoming changes to DH. I guess when all I had left in game was to get a few higher levels in GR, to me it wasn't worth the time investment.

Not that switching to WOW for now has been any better, mind you.

What DH changes? I'd check but most every game site is blocked at work so I can't access any info right now.

M6 sentry build is changing, with patch the sentries only fire your hatred spender when you do. As such getting TNT for your DH really doesn't mean much other than the sentry primary fire will still fire more frequently. So far looks like a chakram or lightning ball build will be pretty strong so a Krindershot still be an item to get.

M6 sentry build is changing, with patch the sentries only fire your hatred spender when you do. As such getting TNT for your DH really doesn't mean much other than the sentry primary fire will still fire more frequently. So far looks like a chakram or lightning ball build will be pretty strong so a Krindershot still be an item to get.

I use the Kridershot on my main DH in the PTR with frost arrow and cluster arrows.
If I come across a large horde or a strong enemy, I'll drop 3 sentries, hold the fire button down and then spam the cluster arrow button. wipes out all the enemies almost instantly.

Did they fix the M6 and M2 bonuses stacking together yet?
I guess it doesn't really matter since the next patch drops sentry% from 100 to 0.

Did they fix the M6 and M2 bonuses stacking together yet?
I guess it doesn't really matter since the next patch drops sentry% from 100 to 0.

I believe so. my weapon alone doesn't appear to be as powerful now as it was a week or two ago.
but the M6 is still overpowering for T6 play, there is no challenge.

I believe so. my weapon alone doesn't appear to be as powerful now as it was a week or two ago.
but the M6 is still overpowering for T6 play, there is no challenge.

I pretty much insta kill elites in T6 with my monk on PTR. And that is without the exploding palm build, just the standard wave of light. Each of them crit around 150-200+ million. Exploding palm would crit over 1 billion, but I don't have good Inna's gear for it.

Last edited:
So where has everyone gone. HOCP D3 has been pretty quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Everybody over in PTR, or just burned out and waiting for the patch?

Been busy with school. Most of my big projects were Thanksgiving week +/- 1 week so that has really kept me busy since the beginning of November. Have one more paper due tomorrow then I'm done for a month, but have lots of stuff I'm hoping to get done around the house during that time too. Was hoping Season 2 would start sometime during my break but it does not appear so, again. Will probably start right after I go back, errrr.

I do hope they don't disable Windowed Fullscreen in the future, as that is the only way to get the game to show in 21:9 aspect ratio.
They said it provides a competitive advantage to players running that aspect ratio.

????? What 'competitive' 'advantage'?

Yea I hate it I have to run it in windowed full screen to get 21:9 makes the game to dark. Kind of wish I had just got a 4k monitor now..

Kind of random, but does anyone else's monitor change brightness after quitting Diablo 3? Every time I fire it up and exit my monitor's brightness is altered and everything looks like shit. Might be the battlenet application that does it, but it's definitely one or the other.

Kind of random, but does anyone else's monitor change brightness after quitting Diablo 3? Every time I fire it up and exit my monitor's brightness is altered and everything looks like shit. Might be the battlenet application that does it, but it's definitely one or the other.

On both of your monitors? I never noticed this, even with graphic mods.

I have never noticed anything remotely similar to this with D3 or the Battle.net launcher.

Does your monitor have some sort of dynamic or auto contrast feature?

Do your FPS drop a lot during 4 player elite mob battles?

I have a 4790k, 16gb, GTX 980 and an SSD, so it's definately not a hardware issue. I get around 200-300 FPS most of the time , but it dips down to 8-30 FPS during a 4 player elite mob battle.

Also, I get micro stutter every 5-10 seconds or so. I play with vsync on it it always shows 60fps but I still see it. You Gus have this problem?

I have a 4790k, 16gb, GTX 980 and an SSD, so it's definately not a hardware issue. I get around 200-300 FPS most of the time , but it dips down to 8-30 FPS during a 4 player elite mob battle.

Also, I get micro stutter every 5-10 seconds or so. I play with vsync on it it always shows 60fps but I still see it. You Gus have this problem?

My system that I have been using isn't that powerful, but it runs great.
I get the slowdowns depending on who I am playing with, Wizards really lag the game for me, but I think they adjusted a few things in the game to hide or limit the amount of stuff on your screen that the other players are casting.

I absolutely have the FPS drop problem during heavy 4 player (and sometimes 3 person) battles. Especially bad when you have a sader, DH and Wizard shooting all of their screen spam articles.

Microstutter, I don't recall seeing that while playing on a constant basis, I have seen it though.

I5 Ivy, 8GB, GTX750 and SSD here for comparison.

On both of your monitors? I never noticed this, even with graphic mods.

I have never noticed anything remotely similar to this with D3 or the Battle.net launcher.

Does your monitor have some sort of dynamic or auto contrast feature?

Looks like it was Catalyst Control Center. I adjusted the Gamma on there a bit instead of in the Windows calibration. I already adjusted all the settings on my monitor to the closest I could get to "ideal" with my eyes.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just started up Diablo 3 again in windowed fullscreen, and the colors/brightness were good in game but back to the desktop and it's all washed out bright shit again. The weird part is I move just one settings in the Catalyst controls and it goes back to it goes back to how it looked before. So maybe windows is doing something. Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I stayed up all night (ish) to get lucky. I found my int Furnace for my Wizard/WD:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/41936578

It feels like I looked for it for a long time (and I have been playing my Wizard/WD the longest out of all the other chars; about 170 hours ish on my wizard now?), but I guess I only spent about 3-4 days REALLY searching for a Furnace specifically. Yesterday I ended up finding a Wand of Woh and a Serpent Sparker. I also found another SS today, gave it away to what used to be a clannie of mine.

Maybe it's all that good karma from giving people stuff like TMF's.

Figures, though... my interest in the game has been waning a lot recently. I don't even know if I'll be using this thing much. Plus I ran out of my rift frags and I hate doing bounties. Which is probably the only reason my crusader isn't on the leaderboards (RoRG aside the rest of its gear is great). It just needs a better RoRG and I really hate farming RoRG's or pretty much anything via bounties. Same with my DH. I've got a good lightning SoJ and my Meticulous Bolts are pretty dang good, but I need a better helltrapper and don't feel like farming one. I need to just sit down and bounty away on my Crusader one of these days I guess. It's just a very frustrating thing and I could use a group to farm it with. Pubs are just meh. If I ever do get around to it though, I'll probably be on the solo leaderboards for every class except Monk (maybe Barb because I can't play Raekors that well).

I mean am I the only one that's like this? Like I have fun grinding away at rifts and grifts and pretty much anything in the game, but I just hate bounties. I don't know what it is, but something about them pisses me off. Some douche yesterday tried to convince me that every type of grinding in this game is the same and called me a retard when I disagreed regarding bounties. But I just seriously can't stand them.

Last edited:
Was rifting Friday night, SMK popped out of a chest.
Took a dinner break, came back, another SMK popped out of a white skeleton.

Next day, rifting some more, SMK popped out of another chest.
All told, found 3 SMK's within 6 hours of gameplay. Pretty crazy.

All of them shitty. Two rolled +Area Damage, one rolled a natural socket. All 3 with very low damage rolls.

BlGDICl.png

Last edited:
Have there been any interesting updates in the past 4-5 months? I got pretty burnt out on doing grift/rifts. Just poking in to check.

How in the hell do you look for a specific weapon? That doesn't exist in this game.

you play and play waiting for what you want to drop. They call it grinding.

Horadric Cache's drop specific items, so if you are looking for a Helltrapper, run Act 5 bounties till you get one.

How in the hell do you look for a specific weapon? That doesn't exist in this game.

It's this inexplicable electromagnetic force of your thoughts communicating with RNGesus so that He may hear your thoughts. Keep the Furnace always within your prayers. And then stay up all night playing the game, never giving up hope. That's what happened when I got my Crusader's awesome phalanx shield too. Probably one of the best on the server.

I mean there seems to be some inexplicable pattern to it. I was looking for an Serpent Sparker the day before I got my Furnace, hoping that it would drop all day, and then inexplicably more wands started dropping. One of them was a Wand of Woh (a pretty meh one). I told RNGesus that was cool and all but that wasn't what I wanted. So finally he stopped being a tsundere and gave me my Serpent Sparker (a pretty good one; 2.5k DPS).

Only your lack of faith in RNGesus that holds you back. Okay sorry that was 100% BS, probably. I was also rolling all my Blood Shards into 2H weapons at Kadala. But I got it off of a random drop in a dungeon anyway. My only advice is to break everything and kill everything. 100% clears are the way to go, I think. You never know how much crap there is hiding in a specific dungeon roll, and when you're looking for weapons Kadala isn't going to make it any faster. If any ally stays back killing random stuff in a zone after everyone went through the next portal, go back and help them out. You can go look for drops in the next zone anyway, there's no rush. When I got this Furnace that's exactly what happened. And after I moved on they fought one more (wasn't even an elite) thing and I came back to the zone, random star. Walk over to it, it's a Furnace. Be very careful and diligent when you're looking, and miss no legendaries. Always recheck zones if someone stayed behind in it. Again, be diligent and careful. I could have VERY EASILY missed that Furnace dropping. Do not run with people that close rifts early without asking.

Literally though your progress and how good you are at this game is totally up to RNG. You can play as well as you want but if He doesn't favor you, you're screwed. We just keep playing like crack addicts hoping that one day He'll favor us... but being diligent always helps. You have a much higher chance of that one star being what you want if you don't miss any stars.

Also nice job on the SMK's earlier there. I don't know if I'll ever bother looking for one on my WD. I can apparently find Cam's Rebuttal and Woh and all this other rare crap but SMK's probably not one of them. I've heard they're vastly lowering its rarity next patch so I'll probably wait (if I even keep playing).

Last edited:
Also nice job on the SMK's earlier there. I don't know if I'll ever bother looking for one on my WD. I can apparently find Cam's Rebuttal and Woh and all this other rare crap but SMK's probably not one of them. I've heard they're vastly lowering its rarity next patch so I'll probably wait (if I even keep playing).

Lowering rarity means the items are easier to get, not harder.

Lowering rarity means the items are easier to get, not harder.

... Yes, which is why I said I'd wait till next patch to look for one, if I even keep playing. Because right now it's like winning the lottery (even moreso than the Furnace) and hence probably not worthwhile.

Frankly the only people that really win in this game (aside from ones with extraordinary luck) are the ones doing multiboxing. And I know the only reason Blizzard allows it is probably because not only do they get to sell N copies for one person, but all of their connections come from one source (which is probably less taxing), and they stay in one game. Botters are different because they constantly take up server time and end up costing them more money (though considering how long one of my ex-clan members was--still is actually--doing it, they're not policing very hard)

I mean seriously, multiboxing is just stupid broken. You essentially get 4 times as many chances at anything. Might as well be cheating. Let's say that on average, a person gets a Furnace after X paragon levels. I'm not saying you'd get it at X/4, but it'd be a huge time savings. Just make one account the "main" one and pass everything back to it. The current loot share rules are practically perfect for multiboxers. You don't even need them all killing. My wizard is so powerful I could go solo T6 4P grifts without breaking a sweat (in fact I do; I usually break away from the group). Same with sader. I have plenty of money and computers to do it with, and it would have by and far (even with the money spent) been more time and money efficient... but it just feels like it'd be making playing the game pointless. That pretty decent SoJ I have on my Jade WD? That was given to me by a multiboxer that just didn't need it. It tells me that they essentially get this crap so much that they don't care. It's no fun getting items when they're falling all over the place like rain.

Frankly the only people that really win in this game (aside from ones with extraordinary luck) are the ones doing multiboxing. And I know the only reason Blizzard allows it is probably because not only do they get to sell N copies for one person, but all of their connections come from one source (which is probably less taxing), and they stay in one game. Botters are different because they constantly take up server time and end up costing them more money (though considering how long one of my ex-clan members was--still is actually--doing it, they're not policing very hard)

I mean seriously, multiboxing is just stupid broken. You essentially get 4 times as many chances at anything. Might as well be cheating. Let's say that on average, a person gets a Furnace after X paragon levels. I'm not saying you'd get it at X/4, but it'd be a huge time savings. Just make one account the "main" one and pass everything back to it. The current loot share rules are practically perfect for multiboxers. You don't even need them all killing. My wizard is so powerful I could go solo T6 4P grifts without breaking a sweat (in fact I do; I usually break away from the group). Same with sader. I have plenty of money and computers to do it with, and it would have by and far (even with the money spent) been more time and money efficient... but it just feels like it'd be making playing the game pointless. That pretty decent SoJ I have on my Jade WD? That was given to me by a multiboxer that just didn't need it. It tells me that they essentially get this crap so much that they don't care. It's no fun getting items when they're falling all over the place like rain.

Yes but in a COOP game why does it matter. Sure if they had a valid PVP or some type of competitive mode I'd care about the farming practices of others. But since they don't I don't really care about boters, multiboxers, cheaters, and what ever.

Yep. There is a part of this game that died with the auction house and closing down of trading. I enjoyed both the AH and Trading and would have liked it to stay. Without it I really don't have the desire to gear up to ultra status or farm for gear.

that being said now when I play its pretty much entirely for the fun factor of the game so that isn't a bad thing either.

Its like sex in different position. Sure some positions are better then others but in the end your still getting your dick wet.

Back