Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

The multiboxing has to do with a lawsuit regarding WoW IIRC. They banned someone in WoW for doing it, he sued them and won.

The multiboxing has to do with a lawsuit regarding WoW IIRC. They banned someone in WoW for doing it, he sued them and won.
Quadrupling your drop rate seems nice.
When the game is on sale for $40 for D3+RoS I can see some of the more dedicated players taking advantage of it...

I don't really know of that many people who multi box. It's not all that you guys are making it out to be. You'll probably still be more efficient playing with a good group, considering you don't have to gear 4 characters.

I kind of doubt that. You just really need one decent geared character, and to make up for the fact that you are now 4 people you would need to run rifts 4 times as fast with a good group. Technically it's even worse than that because the thing is every single second you play as 4 people you have four times as much of a drop rate from any random box or container as a normal person. You know how someone will break some random pebble and find an SMK under it by some stroke of chance? Well I'm sure for every player in a group of four there are extraordinary chances like that have a chance to present themselves for only one person out of the party (I can tell you right now no one else in my party found a Furnace when I did). Of course no one really truly knows how the RNG works in this... but the way I see it being 4 players is like increasing the chance of that SMK to like 5-6%.

I guess it depends on what class you're gearing, but once you get all the set pieces you can essentially set everyone else to mimic you. They don't need to do much damage. For DH's this is practically faceroll. Everyone sets down 4 sentries immediately and then stands there. Your speed of clearing and gear rate will increase exponentially (or rather I guess logarithmically or something like that, since it will cap out) with play time rather than... Hmm... I guess it would be like the summation of a bunch of step functions.

As for no competition... well there are technically greater rifts. And sometimes I feel like the reason anyone plays this game is to show their stuff off after they get it. Someone posts their frustration about how they're searching for X item, everyone in chat starts posting their X item, with each subsequent post trumping the last.

Just came back to D3 after a 5-6 month leave of absence. I'm very disappointed to find that they never fixed the jerkiness and "rubberbanding" when you move around. This is something they broke with 2.0 that they apparently are never going to fix. Settings seem to make no difference at all. Any word on this from Blizzard?

Just came back to D3 after a 5-6 month leave of absence. I'm very disappointed to find that they never fixed the jerkiness and "rubberbanding" when you move around. This is something they broke with 2.0 that they apparently are never going to fix. Settings seem to make no difference at all. Any word on this from Blizzard?

rubber banding us almost always a network issue. I would look into your own network first.

would a party member with network issues cause the other players to rubber band?
I've never had rubber banding when playing solo that I can remember but I have experienced once in awhile playing with others.

To be clear, I don't think what I'm referring to is actually rubberbanding. It's like watching a movie that's butter smooth, but every 3 seconds or so it just slows down for a half second and then continues. They slowing is very regular though, occurring at regular intervals.

are you playing solo or in a group? It may just be diablo, as people with powerful systems have said the game sometimes slows down or lags for a sec, like the framerate just goes way down.
I just built my 4790K/GTX980 setup a couple of days ago but haven't fired up Diablo 3 with it yet, been enjoying BF4 with everything Ultra and it being nice and smooth, most of the time.

It depends on the location. Sometimes it's for more than a sec, sometimes it's a few seconds. Now granted I don't clear out my background tasks (Waterfox with 100+ tabs open all the time), but I'm running on:

[email protected]
16GB RAM
780 SLI

on an RoG Swift and I see my usual framerate sitting at like 144Hz... and then it just randomly dips to 40 and under. It's not necessarily correlated to action, it just seems random. The game's coding is just terrible.

I have that issue too. I usually turn off shadows if it gets really annoying. Im always playing it via the main pc in my sig.

The entirety of Battle.Net crashed about 15 minutes ago.
Still down.

WoW, Hearthstone, D3... Everything. Can't even get to the website.

It depends on the location. Sometimes it's for more than a sec, sometimes it's a few seconds. Now granted I don't clear out my background tasks (Waterfox with 100+ tabs open all the time), but I'm running on:

[email protected]
16GB RAM
780 SLI

on an RoG Swift and I see my usual framerate sitting at like 144Hz... and then it just randomly dips to 40 and under. It's not necessarily correlated to action, it just seems random. The game's coding is just terrible.

Turn off sli, it causes negative scaling in d3. The game is much smoother with sli off

I play a M6 DH, currently paragon 330ish with a full build including TnTs.

Don't really like how the 2.1.2 patch latest hotfixes has killed DH damage... they're supposed to do the most because they're also the weakest class health wise, but blizzard doesn't seem to agree. I also liked the relaxing gameplay because it doesn't hurt my hand.

:/

I play a M6 DH, currently paragon 330ish with a full build including TnTs.

Don't really like how the 2.1.2 patch latest hotfixes has killed DH damage... they're supposed to do the most because they're also the weakest class health wise, but blizzard doesn't seem to agree. I also liked the relaxing gameplay because it doesn't hurt my hand.

:/

2.1.2 DH is still berserk, but the play style is slightly different.
Basically, you need another piece of gear that will allow you to use a spender for free in order to activate the sentries. Kridershot is the most obvious, but also the most difficult to get. The other option is Spines of Seething Hatred that allows for Chakram spam. Spam Chakram as your primary until you're full up, then drop Cluster Arrow until you're bottomed out or everything is dead, then rinse and repeat. With Kridershot it's the same thing but with Elemental Arrow.

The changes make multishot worthless, so you get an extra free slot. Now there is the easy option to run both smoke screen and vault. Or alternatively Marked for Death for increased damage.

CDR is as important than ever as it affects sentry recharge speed.

Overall I'd say the changes buff DH, but the problem is it's more gear dependent than ever. It's going to be even harder to be a top tier DH. But, I think the same is true with the other classes. Waiting to get a Furnace drop as an example is maddening, or SMK for that matter.

Last edited:
At least this will end the search for those perfect TnT's. Monk is looking more interesting this time. Still, Season 2 looks like it's gonna be a joke if PTR is what it will be like.

Basically, you need another piece of gear that will allow you to use a spender for free in order to activate the sentries. Kridershot is the most obvious, but also the most difficult to get. The other option is Spines of Seething Hatred that allows for Chakram spam. Spam Chakram as your primary until you're full up, then drop Cluster Arrow until you're bottomed out or everything is dead, then rinse and repeat. With Kridershot it's the same thing but with Elemental Arrow.

The changes make multishot worthless, so you get an extra free slot. Now there is the easy option to run both smoke screen and vault. Or alternatively Marked for Death for increased damage.

Overall I'd say the changes buff DH, but the problem is it's more gear dependent than ever. It's going to be even harder to be a top tier DH. But, I think the same is true with the other classes. Waiting to get a Furnace drop as an example is maddening, or SMK for that matter.

I have a pair of Kridershots I used on my secondary DH's. They weren't that rare when I found them as I found quite a few, but they were weak and no sockets. The Calamity is pretty rare as I've only found 2 in 2 years.
The 2 I have are a little stronger and I was able to use the Gift to socket them.

Last edited:
I would rather have the patch with possible bugs than the stale crap we have right now. Not saying it's going to make it way better, but it will add a tiny bit of fresh air.

I would rather have the patch with possible bugs than the stale crap we have right now. Not saying it's going to make it way better, but it will add a tiny bit of fresh air.

QFT

I am so burned out on the current season... don't plan to play again until the patch goes live.

I have a pair of Kridershots I used on my secondary DH's. They weren't that rare when I found them as I found quite a few, but they were weak and no sockets. The Calamity is pretty rare as I've only found 2 in 2 years.
The 2 I have are a little stronger and I was able to use the Gift to socket them.

The Krider on the left is like mine, top tier. I just of course rolled it to 10% increased damage, and not AS, it does nearly 3k damage. It is still quite a rare bow though. I have only ever gotten one. The same can be said about Calamity. I've only ever gotten one of those as well.

===

I'm not certain of which class to play next season. I am tempted to do something entirely different for me and play Barb. I went to DiabloProgress just to see the leader ranking, and I figured it would be DH, but apparently it's Barb! And it's Barb by a decent margin too, by 3 gRift levels. I have no idea why no one is talking about that (and instead either playing or complaining about DH).

I may play DH again, but I don't savor trying to get a Krider. I'm tempted to play WD, but once again to play that top tier, SMK or Furnace is required. I think this is why I'm most tempted to play Barb. Easier to be top tier as none of the gear required is ultra rare (although getting a good roll on everything is of course hard).

Fake edit: NM, Barb also requires Furnace... ugh, rest of the gear is easy though.

Im starting to notice that goblin vaults have become very very rare now. I used to be able to get one a week maybe three if I tried. I cant seem to find one in the past two months. but I got three RoRG's now.

The only reason barbs are on top right now is because of pylon hunting. They can pull the entire mob with them, and then use the conduit for the final boss. Conduit is getting nerfed so you won't see barbs that high anymore, although they are getting some buffs.

I played a a couple of rifts early this morning on the PTR and noticed that my DH is noticeably weaker, I don't hit as hard and I seem more fragile.
I did find it odd that I ran into a goblin mob at the beginning of both rifts I ran. 14 goblins each time.
Also, there are a lot more enemies and elites now. I got to the rift guardian on the first rift in just a few minutes, had a ton of elites and the goblins right as soon as I got into the rift.
this is the loot I got in the first rift, didn't pick up any rares or anything else,

I also bumped the weapon up to 10 damage but it seemed better with +7 Attack speed instead,

The Krider on the left is like mine, top tier. I just of course rolled it to 10% increased damage, and not AS, it does nearly 3k damage. It is still quite a rare bow though. I have only ever gotten one. The same can be said about Calamity. I've only ever gotten one of those as well.

===

I'm not certain of which class to play next season. I am tempted to do something entirely different for me and play Barb. I went to DiabloProgress just to see the leader ranking, and I figured it would be DH, but apparently it's Barb! And it's Barb by a decent margin too, by 3 gRift levels. I have no idea why no one is talking about that (and instead either playing or complaining about DH).

I may play DH again, but I don't savor trying to get a Krider. I'm tempted to play WD, but once again to play that top tier, SMK or Furnace is required. I think this is why I'm most tempted to play Barb. Easier to be top tier as none of the gear required is ultra rare (although getting a good roll on everything is of course hard).

Fake edit: NM, Barb also requires Furnace... ugh, rest of the gear is easy though.

I don't think it requires it. I was doing some grifts to level up gems and then a barb joined with a Maximus. He was a pretty high level player, and I looked at his gear and he actually had all of his gems at level 50. Probably tells me he was one of the best barbs on the server, but he was using a Maximus.

Well, unless he did have a Furnace, too, and he just swapped them around depending on what he was doing.

I have both a str and int Furnace now, but I just kinda stopped playing... I can't quite get myself back into it. I just went ahead and started Dragon Age 2.

I don't think it requires it. I was doing some grifts to level up gems and then a barb joined with a Maximus. He was a pretty high level player, and I looked at his gear and he actually had all of his gems at level 50. Probably tells me he was one of the best barbs on the server, but he was using a Maximus.

Well, unless he did have a Furnace, too, and he just swapped them around depending on what he was doing.

I have both a str and int Furnace now, but I just kinda stopped playing... I can't quite get myself back into it. I just went ahead and started Dragon Age 2.

I have Level 36 Gems and I can't Grift Level 36 by myself, I was in a party with stronger players who carried me along. So having high level gems doesn't mean you are that strong, just means you may have been running with stronger guys.

It gets exponentially harder to carry someone along as the level gets higher. 36 isn't that hard, 39 is a large step up from it, and above that I'm pretty sure if you had anyone that was a straggler you would kick them out of the party. The monster HP gets so high that having anyone not contributing means a huge loss in DPS. Plus the guy was Paragon 700+ and played it really well. He was going through 34+ like he knew what he was doing and had been grifting his whole life or something.

Edit: Oh, and leveling gems up to 50 is very hard without being at level 50 and above.

Last edited:

Even after the hotfixes where they removed sentry bonus damage? Finding that a bit hard to believe, but I guess I will (have to) see.

I only ever found one Kridershot and it was before I hit level 70. Hate everything.

Also with the SS nerfs, is it even worth using anymore?

Even after the hotfixes where they removed sentry bonus damage? Finding that a bit hard to believe, but I guess I will (have to) see.

I only ever found one Kridershot and it was before I hit level 70. Hate everything.

Also with the SS nerfs, is it even worth using anymore?

The hotfix removed sentry damage at the 4 piece level (100%) and not the 6 piece level (originally 40%, but buffed to 100%). So, there is still a 100% damage increase, just not a 140% one now. Keep in mind before there was no damage increase at all (of course the Sentrys would cast spenders automatically, but there is still a positive damage change now).

---

As far as SS, if you mean Sharpshooter, it has never been worth it. Even since the beginning of D3. It's always been a tier 3 skill at best. There are far better passives, even damage passives, to use over it.

---

A few other notes. Custom Engineering is basically the most important thing ever. T&T are now worthless as the speed of your Sentrys shooting is now tied to the player (each time you cast a spender, they cast one at a one to one ratio. Therefore increased pet attack speed is meaningless). This will allow a little leeway in terms of equipment. You could choose to run full M6 now and ditch RoRG for Unity/SOJ combo or some other ring setup. Other options include running Cindercoat (which will probably be the best option) so that when you do start unloading Cluster Arrow (as well as have the increased elemental damage), it will be possible to spam more of them. Or of course the less powerful but still intermediary Magefist. Someone I'm sure could do testing with Beckon Sail (for less death having) but I think Cindercoat is going to be it.

Last edited:
SS = smokescreen I think.

Ah. Well chaining is now impossible, but the reason for the nerf as I understand it was to prevent perma SS via the lightning build. I suppose messing with Night Stalker also prevents that plan. Which is interesting as Night Stalker was originally created to help with DH's 'frequent death' issue.

Still, SS provides invulnerability. I never personally used the combo to chain so I can't comment on that, but it by itself is still more than likely the best mitigation skill DH has. Between it and Vault, SS is better.

100% XP buff is active on Korea, December 25th to midnight December 29th.
Should be starting in ~12 hours for North America, if we're going to get it.

No announcements on the site for us (yet).

100% XP buff is active on Korea, December 25th to midnight December 29th.
Should be starting in ~12 hours for North America, if we're going to get it.

No announcements on the site for us (yet).

XP buff seems pointless given how high most people are already. Would make sense for season 2 runners but that wont be out for weeks.

Back