Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I've been in T6 games within 5 minutes since Monday. If the queues are really high try T5, it's usually less than half and not a huge step down from T6. Or just do grifts when queues are too high.

I gotta say, this PTR is giving me more reason to NOT play Season 2. There just isn't anything interesting it brings to the table. Also monks are pretty funny right now.

I must have gotten 200 legendaries in 4-5 rifts, none of them were any good, lol

was taking so long to salvage them, so I just dropped them on the ground.

Here, I just left them on the ground to show how many fell on one Rift area,

Last edited:
Serious Question: Why do you guys play the PTR? Something different? Helping test and delivering feedback to Blizz? Getting early look at how to build toon?

Reason I ask is it seems the PTR is just a spoiler to when it goes live and that burn out would occur before it hits the real servers. Just curious as you can't keep what you get in game and anything you do in terms of progress has to be redone (as I understand).

I've seen 3 clan members online in the last week, I hope PTR ends soon so I can stop having to join pubs of idiots. Had two people yesterday tell me to slow down in a grift...

Serious Question: Why do you guys play the PTR? Something different? Helping test and delivering feedback to Blizz? Getting early look at how to build toon?

Reason I ask is it seems the PTR is just a spoiler to when it goes live and that burn out would occur before it hits the real servers. Just curious as you can't keep what you get in game and anything you do in terms of progress has to be redone (as I understand).

I've seen 3 clan members online in the last week, I hope PTR ends soon so I can stop having to join pubs of idiots. Had two people yesterday tell me to slow down in a grift...

I suspect the biggest is reason is for people who are competitive players to completely understand new mechanics before it goes live. They then use this knowledge to move to the top of the leaderboards as quickly as possible. It gives them a chance to test while not also at the same time having to compete. Once it goes live, building multiple characters isn't a real option as those who climb first will always have a distinct advantage.

Those legendary drop rates are more of a draw than any type of testing, I think.

Shit loads more people would play if they thought they didn't have to put much time in it to get what they wanted. I've played T6 since a few weeks after RoS came out and still don't have the goddamn gear I've been trying to get for my main or any other character. It has never felt like I've played the same game as a lot of other people, lol. But oh well, that's rng for you.

I play PTR for test help. I even got called names for leveling characters in PTR for the last big one for seasons. I did fill out 7 bug reports though for problems under 70 and 4 tickets for problems at 70.

I suspect the biggest is reason is for people who are competitive players to completely understand new mechanics before it goes live. They then use this knowledge to move to the top of the leaderboards as quickly as possible. It gives them a chance to test while not also at the same time having to compete. Once it goes live, building multiple characters isn't a real option as those who climb first will always have a distinct advantage.

Yeah I figured this was a pretty big reason. A so called sneak peak to have an edge on the rest. Still funny to see the word competitive in this game as it sits today.

Those legendary drop rates are more of a draw than any type of testing, I think.

Shit loads more people would play if they thought they didn't have to put much time in it to get what they wanted. I've played T6 since a few weeks after RoS came out and still don't have the goddamn gear I've been trying to get for my main or any other character. It has never felt like I've played the same game as a lot of other people, lol. But oh well, that's rng for you.

Yeah I hear ya on drop rates of particular gear being non existent in game. I can see using PTR to get the missing piece you want to see if your build idea is viable or not.

I play PTR for test help. I even got called names for leveling characters in PTR for the last big one for seasons. I did fill out 7 bug reports though for problems under 70 and 4 tickets for problems at 70.

Thank you for doing this. Good to know actual players are helping versus a subset of testers who have no interest.

If you go read the PTR forums then you'll see why they do testing.
They're interested in both community feedback and bug reports. By the way some of the biggest bugs found in PTR usually don't get fixed. During 2.1's PTR some bugs were reported for the full duration of the test, 2+ months, and never fixed... Those bugs went live and caused problems.

A lot of them which are exploitable never get reported in the first place.

PTR is better for community feedback on balance changes than bug fixing.

What's the best difficulty to be running rifts on with a 430,000DPS Demon Hunter? I'm on T1 at the moment...T2 takes considerably longer and I got smashed on T3.

I play the PTR to see what they have done to my DH.
In the beginning of the last PTR, the Shadow set for the DH had all the Shadow power runes active until you died, which was cool, then they changed it and gave it a time limit.

I play the game strictly for fun.

What's the best difficulty to be running rifts on with a 430,000DPS Demon Hunter? I'm on T1 at the moment...T2 takes considerably longer and I got smashed on T3.

You should post your build/gear rather than something as general as DPS. You run at the difficulty that you can go through a rift in an efficient manner. I usually kill elites and about 5-10 seconds max and the rift guardian in about the same amount of time with my M6 demon hunter. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/krieg1337-1699/hero/52499345)

I play the PTR for the drop rate and to see what Season 2 is bringing (nothing). I'm also playing it to try out new classes (monk right now). I did check the forums for a bug I was having (empty rifts), but it was already documented.

You should post your build/gear rather than something as general as DPS. You run at the difficulty that you can go through a rift in an efficient manner. I usually kill elites and about 5-10 seconds max and the rift guardian in about the same amount of time with my M6 demon hunter. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/krieg1337-1699/hero/52499345)

Done:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PlagueInject-1291/hero/54486858

I don't have any of Marauder's set...does each part drop separately or do you build them from dropped plans?

They drop, no plans. I would make sure to play at least T1 with groups in your case. Most people who play solo seem to have more trouble finding gear, at least from what I've read.

Got my DPS to around 540,000 now. Managed to find one piece of Marauder's (the boots).

What are the best types of items to spent blood shards on, generally?

I use my shards for whatever piece I am looking for and just keep spending till I find it.
I don't recall the drop rates for the items, but look at your gear and decide which is the weakest one and try and get a marauder piece for that item.

Damn, I kind of miss playing on PC.

Ps4 nearly everyone has a cheat weapon of like 18,000+ damage.
Hitting numbers in the 20-50 million damage range.
Insane.

This guy I was cooping with told me to stand still and stay in the ring he makes and just do nothing.
This was in a greater rift, he got to round 88 or so and my paragon level jumped 220 levels in about fifteen minutes.
Lmfao

I use my shards for whatever piece I am looking for and just keep spending till I find it.
I don't recall the drop rates for the items, but look at your gear and decide which is the weakest one and try and get a marauder piece for that item.

Thanks.

I just spent 500 shards on belts.

They were all terrible.

If you don't have the helmet, go for that. Or the gloves, I always get those damn gloves. I probably spent over 100k shards on gloves alone to get the TnT's in my profile. Boots and shoulders were the hardest for me to get with shards.

If you don't have the helmet, go for that. Or the gloves, I always get those damn gloves. I probably spent over 100k shards on gloves alone to get the TnT's in my profile. Boots and shoulders were the hardest for me to get with shards.

Will go for that, thanks. :cool:

Hmmm... I wonder if I'm just spoiled or something.

I geared up my Crusader in one day (including a random Furnace drop...), Barbarian in like 1.1 (found Vile Ward from random drop next day after completing set), Monk in about 2 (including FD), DH in about 2-3 (T&T and RoJ second day). My Wizard took a lot longer but that's because I started at T1 and worked my way up with my gear. Was my first character besides Barb (which I played a good bit before RoS).

But this friggin Witch Doctor. This is just really pissing me off.

I've gotten
- 4-5 Leoric Crowns (one of which I'm using because why not) rolling for a Quetz helm from Kadala. I've lost count of how many Carnevils, Jade heads, etc etc etc that I've gotten. I just break them on sight.

Just yesterday when I was playing:
- 3 Tall Man Fingers (2 of which were really good. I kept one and gave the other away to some ungrateful person that never even friended me =\),
- 2 Cindercoats (one of which is at least an upgrade for my Wizard, I gave the other away to a party member because I didn't need it),
- one T&T (which btw, 713ish INT, 6 IAS, 50 CHD, 10 CHC, 43% on unique passive... it's nearly Trifecta; will be keeping round for Wizard remake),
- 1 crappy Flayer (whatever that toad dagger is),
- 3 Jeram masks (one of which was 100% pet damage....).

But this game refuses to give me the Quetz Mask. Like this is just stupid, I'm getting all of these rare drops (T&T, 2 Cindercoats, 3 TMF), but not that stupid mask which is supposedly not that rare. I mean I really might just be spoiled by my past successes. I know some people farm way longer than this for just set pieces (which take me 1-3 days tops)... but this is just almost comical. At this rate it'll be funny if I somehow get an SMK before I get a Quetz mask.

Welcome to Diablo 3, where your character's effectiveness is entirely determined by random chance drawings. At this rate I'm getting good enough at playing this WD in T6 that I almost don't even think about what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I wonder if I'm just spoiled or something.

I geared up my Crusader in one day (including a random Furnace drop...), Barbarian in like 1.1 (found Vile Ward from random drop next day after completing set), Monk in about 2 (including FD), DH in about 2-3 (T&T and RoJ second day). My Wizard took a lot longer but that's because I started at T1 and worked my way up with my gear. Was my first character besides Barb (which I played a good bit before RoS).

But this friggin Witch Doctor. This is just really pissing me off.

I've gotten
- 4-5 Leoric Crowns (one of which I'm using because why not) rolling for a Quetz helm from Kadala. I've lost count of how many Carnevils, Jade heads, etc etc etc that I've gotten. I just break them on sight.

Just yesterday when I was playing:
- 3 Tall Man Fingers (2 of which were really good. I kept one and gave the other away to some ungrateful person that never even friended me =\),
- 2 Cindercoats (one of which is at least an upgrade for my Wizard, I gave the other away to a party member because I didn't need it),
- one T&T (which btw, 713ish INT, 6 IAS, 50 CHD, 10 CHC, 43% on unique passive... it's nearly Trifecta; will be keeping round for Wizard remake),
- 1 crappy Flayer (whatever that toad dagger is),
- 3 Jeram masks (one of which was 100% pet damage....).

But this game refuses to give me the Quetz Mask. Like this is just stupid, I'm getting all of these rare drops (T&T, 2 Cindercoats, 3 TMF), but not that stupid mask which is supposedly not that rare. I mean I really might just be spoiled by my past successes. I know some people farm way longer than this for just set pieces (which take me 1-3 days tops)... but this is just almost comical. At this rate it'll be funny if I somehow get an SMK before I get a Quetz mask.

Welcome to Diablo 3, where your character's effectiveness is entirely determined by random chance drawings. At this rate I'm getting good enough at playing this WD in T6 that I almost don't even think about what I'm doing.

Spoiled indeed. I've never seen a tall mans finger.

Finally got my last class up to T6 viable, wondering if my interest will wain now that I've lost that objective. Guess I need to push some rifts to get a couple more gems to 25 so I don't have to switch.

I tried really hard to make the Thousand Storms set work on my monk, had my spirit earner doing stupid damage (98% from depth diggers, 48% from daibo, simplicity's sake) and 60+% lightning on top, so I had something to do between dashing strikes, but it was still lackluster. I had it so I could take it into T6 games, but was pretty limited against single enemies. Think I capped out solo at Grift 24 (no unity). In a lot of ways that set has the same problem as the Tal-Rasha set, in that their full set bonus is voided by a cooldown you can't alter. If CDR applied to Dashing Strike or Tal's meteors you might have something. Thousand storms is actually worse since it's a 6 piece bonus, ridiculous how much better the 4 piece bonus on Sunwoko is by comparison.

I've switched over to Sunwoko/Inna hybrid, picking up pieces from the normal Innawoko build and pieces from the Hexwoko build. I'm still missing the Sunwoko amulet, so I can't actually run the Hexing pants at the moment. I guess I could if I used the Inna daibo, but I'm liking the extra speed on tempest rush from the Generals staff I've got equipped. Still, a long way from optimized (only 20% holy), and already getting Sunwoko crits north of 100M (with the unity passive in 4 player), vs. maxing out at around 70M on dashing strike (and can proc sunwoko a lot more often than every 8 seconds). The build is probably giving me carpal tunnel, it's even more mash heavy than holy shutgun.

I guess so. But again this is Diablo 3, where how good you are isn't determined by anything but RNG. Literally, how good you are as a player or how much time you've invested? Who gives a crap. You're only going to be good if RNGesus favors you.

Oh I forgot the pair of Strongarms I picked up, too. Those are an upgrade for my Wiz, just put them into the bank for now. But they aren't really rare.

Anyway until I do finally get that Quetz helm, I'm stuck with using Jade Harvester at half its potential. Does anyone here have some tips for my WD?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54497976

I do a little under 600m on my soul harvest right now (to rift bosses). It's decent enough for taking chunks out of bosses on T6 and the Leoric's crown at least gives me decent CDR but eh. I have a feeling I'll be doing this for a long time so I need some tips.

Anyway until I do finally get that Quetz helm, I'm stuck with using Jade Harvester at half its potential. Does anyone here have some tips for my WD?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54497976

I do a little under 600m on my soul harvest right now (to rift bosses). It's decent enough for taking chunks out of bosses on T6 and the Leoric's crown at least gives me decent CDR but eh. I have a feeling I'll be doing this for a long time so I need some tips.

This right here is what aggravates me about the state of D3. The lack of trade community or even ability. I have melted at least 5 quetz helms and donated another 2-3. I have multiple tall mans and multiple TT's. I however have never seen a kukri. I would have been more than happy to trade the helms before melting so someone could run a jade build. My seasons toons, the very first helm I gambled from kadala was a quetz. RNG is a broken system... If players cant get the equipment their looking for agter 300+ hours plating, they will stop playing.

Even if trading is limited to only current clan members, or people on your friends list, or players you play with frequently. They need something to break the trade barrier.

This right here is what aggravates me about the state of D3. The lack of trade community or even ability. I have melted at least 5 quetz helms and donated another 2-3. I have multiple tall mans and multiple TT's. I however have never seen a kukri. I would have been more than happy to trade the helms before melting so someone could run a jade build. My seasons toons, the very first helm I gambled from kadala was a quetz. RNG is a broken system... If players cant get the equipment their looking for agter 300+ hours plating, they will stop playing.

Even if trading is limited to only current clan members, or people on your friends list, or players you play with frequently. They need something to break the trade barrier.

Was this directed at the first part of my post? Kind of seems unrelated to the part you've quoted.

Anyway, I haven't been looking for it for like 300 hours (that's probably more time than I've played all my chars combined?), but if it gets anywhere close to that I'm definitely quitting. No game is worth that much time investment from me over something as trivial as obtaining some item. I've got a few ideas for a pseudo RNG system, but I don't think Blizzard gives a crap about anyone's opinion.

PTR been crazy today, ran 3 rifts, found about 17 ancient items. Rings, ammys, set pieces, bows and crossbows...

Seriously, I gambled thousands of shards on hems and never saw a MoJ. I have a crappy tall mans finger. I've never seen any top tier WD gear actually.

Took me forever to get my Crusader above GR30. Hell, going from GR25 to GR30 took a really long time and several odd builds. Hell, I have put in over 150 hours on my crusader since 70 and have never seen a Fotf, never mind a furnace.

Last edited:
PTR been crazy today, ran 3 rifts, found about 17 ancient items. Rings, ammys, set pieces, bows and crossbows...

I really hope that doesn't make it to the final game. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to actually get the carrot or feel like its in grasp more often but whats going on in the ptr sounds way too far in the other direction. You've got to have some challenge.

I'm even fine with current, grifts. Higher level grifts should be more rewarding though. That would be a nice change. It would also be nice to get something other than forgotten souls on T6 rifts. I would be nice if kadala put out more often. I'm not asking for much more. Oh, running bounties should be more rewarding. The new gobs may just do that. Also hellfire ammys should be a little easier to craft considering how hard it is to roll a good one and how difficult it is to get parts. The bosses don't even drop legs on T6. Just make things a little more rewarding. The absurd drops that I'm seeing from ptr screenshots just look way too much. I don't want to be able to run T6 after a day and GR30 after two. Where is the fun in that?

It should take some work to gear up a character. Sometimes I wish that it felt a little more rewarding. I don't feel that they're that far off at the moment. The last patch added a lot of content that makes that carrot feel within grasp most of the time.

It's PTR. Public TEST Realm. You won't be testing much if no one gets the new/revised legendaries.

This allows for easy testing of new builds, giving the developers a lot of feedback on what to balance and how much.

It will not carry over to live.

Saw this on D3 forums, thank god

Last edited:
The PTR buff was so everyone can get geared quickly and test it, that was the reason. They will never do a 2000% legendary buff for live servers.

It's fun for a few rifts and then you realize how many TRASH legendaries there are in this game.
When you're finding 100+ legendaries at a time and they're all totally useless it can really kill your motivation to play.

What do I do with these?
d3-rare.jpg

The PTR buff was so everyone can get geared quickly and test it, that was the reason. They will never do a 2000% legendary buff for live servers.

I found 300+ legendaries in about an hour and not 1 was usable. It was taking too long to salvage them so I just started dropping them on the ground in town. looks pretty cool with all the beams of light.

What are ancient items? I havent played in like six months. Does that guy above just mean legendaries?

After I got all 3 unique gems to lvl 25 I kinda lost interest.

Ancient legendaries are currently only available in the PTR realm. Ancients are Legs with increased stats above regular leg items.

this is an Ancient Hellrack, this is the first Bow I have seen over 3000dps.

my main bow is only 2992. an ancient version of this should be pretty strong.

Back