Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

XP buff seems pointless given how high most people are already. Would make sense for season 2 runners but that wont be out for weeks.

Considering the game is practically a ghost town you'd think they would have done something to bring people back no something so lame. I'm convinced blizzard has given up on Diablo.

It depends on the location. Sometimes it's for more than a sec, sometimes it's a few seconds. Now granted I don't clear out my background tasks (Waterfox with 100+ tabs open all the time), but I'm running on:

[email protected]
16GB RAM
780 SLI

on an RoG Swift and I see my usual framerate sitting at like 144Hz... and then it just randomly dips to 40 and under. It's not necessarily correlated to action, it just seems random. The game's coding is just terrible.

We get this too. 2 computers on 60/5 cable with QOS set for priority Diablo. Sometimes her PC gets the lag bars and sometimes mine does, but rarely ever at the same time. Just last night hers was rubberbanding big time, I wasn't playing any games or downloading anything. One person in her party said no lag, another said lag. For that scenario it was an all witch doctor party.

My barb was ranked for a while and I just got sick of the whole boss can take 10 minutes to kill thing. Is that fun? And no way am I hunting pylons.

She has been playing like crazy and I took a couple month long break playing Marvel Heroes. I said I would come back if they did an experience buff. Guess I am playing tonight. Good time to make a wizard?

I said I would come back if they did an experience buff. Guess I am playing tonight. Good time to make a wizard?

If you are playing seasons it's probably not a good time to make anything new unless you play to play enough to gear up well. I imagine they will publish the next patch early January and give the 30 day notice to end Season 1.

Wow.

I just logged in to check - no bonus XP at all.

Did someone get the date wrong maybe?
The buff is still active on Asia and Europe, so it seems to be a bug with the America servers.
Asia even got the buff 12 hours before Americas.

did the patch come out yet?
The patch was "ready" for December 16th but delayed over the holidays.
Assuming they aren't lying to us about that, the patch will be released on January 6th -- The first Tuesday after the holidays.

The way GRifts are fundamentally changed in the next patch, they should wait until Season 1 is over so it stays more or less consistent throughout. The way they handled the various exploits and known issues with solo powerleveling with the easy bounties does not give me hope they will hold off from the suggested early January patch date.

It's kind of silly people spent 4+ months pushing GR's and now in the last few weeks of Season 1, the new patch will totally change everything.

Everyone goes up by about ~5 ranks easily, plus all the class changes will probably put Monks on top. Blizzard makes some weird decisions, that's for sure...
Although maybe some of the earlier exploits in the season have already pushed people higher than 2.1.2 will.

I quit playing when someone I know kept copying EVERY.BUILD. I was making. And because T6 got boring.

I quit playing when someone I know kept copying EVERY.BUILD. I was making. And because T6 got boring.

This has been replaced with everyone looking at the leader boards and copying the top 100's builds. Until we get a skill tree, this won't change as each class is fixed to really 2-3 build types based on 1-2 class specific sets.

This has been replaced with everyone looking at the leader boards and copying the top 100's builds. Until we get a skill tree, this won't change as each class is fixed to really 2-3 build types based on 1-2 class specific sets.

That's always been true for every game with a skill tree.
It was the same with WoW, and with Diablo 2. There are generally speaking only 1-2 via builds per class that can be considered 'the best', and everything else is either just straight up jank or considered to be a 'fun' build. There have been tons of conversations about this, in fact I've talked about this in this very thread, but it's probably buried in a ton of pages. In any case, a skill tree would simply only deliver 'false choice'. It may look like you have more options, but there are really only a fixed number of viable options, and generally there are only a few skills that entire classes have to be built around.

Trees don't fix build diversity at all. Blizzard realized this when they created D3, which is why it has the system it has. Sadly as I'm sure they're aware, it still hasn't fixed the problem. There just isn't an easy way to balance 'every type of attack' so that any attack is viable. Or similarly with defensive skills, etc. There is always an optimal.

Idiots trying to farm GR30's and T6 with Helltrapper and Meticulous Bolts.
People in this game are brainless.

I've watched my clan mates, who are pretty casual players around GR35 at most, spend entire days farming Act 5 to get a good Helltrapper. They still won't listen to me when I tell them they don't need it.

It was the same with WoW, and with Diablo 2. There are generally speaking only 1-2 via builds per class that can be considered 'the best', and everything else is either just straight up jank or considered to be a 'fun' build. There have been tons of conversations about this, in fact I've talked about this in this very thread, but it's probably buried in a ton of pages. In any case, a skill tree would simply only deliver 'false choice'. It may look like you have more options, but there are really only a fixed number of viable options, and generally there are only a few skills that entire classes have to be built around.

Trees don't fix build diversity at all. Blizzard realized this when they created D3, which is why it has the system it has. Sadly as I'm sure they're aware, it still hasn't fixed the problem. There just isn't an easy way to balance 'every type of attack' so that any attack is viable. Or similarly with defensive skills, etc. There is always an optimal.

The big difference in D3 from WoW/D2/PoE is that D3 allows the player to scale the difficulty.

Generally in ARPGs, you "build" your character (gear, skill selection, attributes) to tackle the content because the content is a 'fixed' difficulty; this is what makes playing a "niche" build fun because you're essentially challenging yourself to tackle the content in an unusual way, or by using oddball items, etc.

But in D3 it's backward: you build your character and then scale the difficulty to whatever your character can handle. Unfortunately the scaling is simply bloated health and damage numbers, so eventually once you scale high enough (which of course everyone wants to do) the only builds left are those based around skills with the biggest numbers.

The problem isn't the lack of a skill tree, the problem is that they can't balance the skills and items around 10 different difficulties at once, and that's not even including the unlimited scaling in Grifts. Many skills go completely unused while others have huge damage values. They have tried to even things out with item support, but for some reason it takes Blizzard months and months and months to produce even just a handful of new ones.

The queue is fake, the service is down entirely.
I was in-game running bounties when everything went down and I spent 2 hours trying to make 1 game and failed. There's nobody playing right now except people who were already in-game.

I agree, I guess I'm just hoping for more diversity without the requirement of needing super specific rare gear to make it work. I still fall back to D2 thinking with the tree skill of your choice amplified with runes and charms. Any variation of one will change the other. Now if you don't have the proper set or leg item, it negates the others. I find it now agitating that so far I have found multiples of some super rare items and none of others after 560 para levels. I know there's skeptics that want this to keep interest in the game but I would much rather try the builds at my leisure versus Diablo's RNG. I know this won't be changing anytime soon, so I'm venting for no reason.

Idiots trying to farm GR30's and T6 with Helltrapper and Meticulous Bolts.
People in this game are brainless.

I've watched my clan mates, who are pretty casual players around GR35 at most, spend entire days farming Act 5 to get a good Helltrapper. They still won't listen to me when I tell them they don't need it.

I completed an A5 run with others and got a 2900 helltrapper right out the gate (after 10% reroll). I threw it on my lightning DH as well as met bolts just to see what it does. My frost arrow with windforce smokes the build. So far in the expansions entirety I have yet to find a Krider or a Calamity to swap into the build to mess around with it. So right now I'm also one of those hated build runners but it just sits collecting dust as its useless, mainly cause all my bows thus far roll terrible. Waiting out now for patch to see what takes over as I have not logged into the PTR.

Battlenet issues today?

Yup, was down, now long queue waits as I type this.

Son of a bitch.
Some guy on the WD forum got an SMK @ paragon 28 lol.

F5PxW3S.png

been playing a barb charger but I hear they are dying in Feb patch. Along with turret dh.
Monks will get a boost.
overall its the same old pump, nerf bs they always do just like wow.

Anyone know if there is anything new on the horizon for D3? The whole rift deal just got really stale.

Wondering this myself. Been absent since just before 2.1 and it all got a little stale. 2.1 didn't seem to add enough to really keep me around. Have they added anything further?

Wondering this myself. Been absent since just before 2.1 and it all got a little stale. 2.1 didn't seem to add enough to really keep me around. Have they added anything further?

They haven't added anymore playable content since Greater Rifts in 2.1. They have continued trying to itemize legendary items giving many more of them special abilities and believe they are continuing to do so in the next patch. The next patch is more about retuning Greater Rifts and beginning Season 2.

it seems this is getting like D2. Introduce some new runewords, ladder, reset, reset, reset.
with no trading this is pretty much it.
Funny with AH real money sales a looser, it means the AH is a looser.

Grifts suck, the leg drop chance is way too low. I don't care if they hand out more exp and gold. I farm for legs (mostly a furnace right now). Last night I ran a few grifts. On the last two (lvl 30+) I got one crappy leg between the two. On the very first four man rift that I ran afterwards I got more legs than all of the grifts that I ran combined.

Oh, I also failed all three 60% attempts at upgrading a gem on the last grift.

Son of a bitch.
Some guy on the WD forum got an SMK @ paragon 28 lol.

F5PxW3S.png

Thats disgusting. I know a guy whos got to have close to 500 hours in on his WD and has never seen one.

Hell I'm 240 hours in on my sader and have never seen a furnace. I see people with far less time in than me running around with a furnace.

Thats disgusting. I know a guy whos got to have close to 500 hours in on his WD and has never seen one.

Hell I'm 240 hours in on my sader and have never seen a furnace. I see people with far less time in than me running around with a furnace.

509 hours on my WD and I got my first one to drop xmas day. I'm thankful as after 10% increase its at 2409 with 35CD and 735int. I yelled "no f**king way" out loud to myself when I saw the icon in my stash.

Now for Season 1 to end to get my second WD built with a pet build.

Patch 2.1.2 has just been put on the update CDN.
There has been no maintenance announcement this week, so it probably will not be released tomorrow.

Next week possibly.

509 hours on my WD and I got my first one to drop xmas day.
I got 3 SMK's in 1 day the week before Christmas.
Bought a lotto ticket -- lost.

"After weighing both options carefully, we have decided to launch patch 2.1.2 three weeks prior to the Season rollover."

That means next Tuesday.

I'm pretty disappointed in what's coming in patch 2.1.2. Especially with Ancient Items....what a shit/lazy idea. Instead of fixing existing sets or addressing the remaining "Orange Rares" in the game they are giving us super rare versions of the same shit that already drops, but with 30% higher roll potential on SOME stats. Meh.

This furnace just dropped for me the other day...super lucky considering I've maybe put 20 hours on my barb in ROS

9EQ4coU.jpg

It's sad to think I'll just be able to craft something better come next Tuesday.

Patch confirmed for Tuesday, January 13th.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699503837

I knew this was coming, but did not want to believe it. This whole time they have only done minor changes and fixed some exploits during Season 1. All because they didn't want to make major changes during the middle of a season. Density still sucked for the majority of the Season, Conduits were still way too powerful but even so were still highly RNG as to whether you'd get any shrine to spawn in GRifts. The bosses for the most part were utterly stupid with melee builds. All these things were brought up before 2.1 even started, yet were ignored repeatedly. Even so I kept pushing along and just looked forward to staying pretty high on the leaderboard, and even kept fishing some 42-43s for conduits. I was looking forward to trying out some different things during Season 2, but after this announcement I don't know if I will play it.

Back