Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Hopefully someone recommends the ability to turn off automatic health potion pickup. Annoying having to drop that after every town visit when a leg potion is being used.

Well I got my Quetz yesterday. It's a pretty crappy one but it works. ~1.2bil soul harvests. Unfortunately the missing vitality is very noticeable. I have to be much more careful. Frankly though I'm REALLY TIRED OF PLAYING MY WD NOW. So as soon as I got it, ironically I didn't even feel like using it. Jade Harvester has become somewhat a mindless affair for me now.

I also got a third Witching Hour yesterday. Like the second one I got, I gave it away. My Witching Hour is pretty decent (it's on my Wizard right now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/41936578 I use it on all of my characters though.).

I generally give away literally anything that I don't think I could use. It doesn't really hurt me any, and it tends to help other people a lot. Most of them are quite happy to receive even the crappy-ish witching hours I handed off.

It's fun for a few rifts and then you realize how many TRASH legendaries there are in this game.
When you're finding 100+ legendaries at a time and they're all totally useless it can really kill your motivation to play.

Yep, game gets really old when you only can rely on RNG for gear. Should be trading and let the market establish a currency.

Actually, we should still have the fucking gold auction house to move items. Just leave the drops like it is.

Gold is completely irrelevant in this game now, a gold auction house would add nothing. Anything even semi decent would cost in the multiple billions or trillions.

Well what they did is an interesting measure, I really really wish that it wasn't just limited to your immediate players. Like how about every player you've seen in the past x hours or minutes? Or how about recently played with friends list folks? By "recently played with" I'd say there needs to be a minimum to how long you've played with them.

But then again that takes more logic as you add more conditions. That's probably why Blizz went with such a ridiculously simple system. Less upkeep.

That's also why pure RNG exists in this game. It isn't any kind of complex fairness reasoning or anti-botting measure. It's just laziness. Pure RNG is the easiest type of drop system to implement. Pseudo RNG takes some thought and dedication. Better, but harder to manage. I mean heck this game in general is exemplified by generally lazy design. Adventure Mode? Yeah, randomly generated dungeons. AKA "let's reuse the same textures and models and crap and just add in a few randomly generated segments to whatever level you're in." Not that I necessarily blame them for that, I just wish there were more twists to the randomly generated crap. Even the yellows and blues inside are randomly generated challenges. They just put down some set of attributes they could have and then let her go.

You guys focus too much into one word. Ignore that I said gold. It could be mats, leprechaun turds, whatever.

Give us a way to cash in OUR TIME as well as RNG to get the gear we need.

Maybe something like cash in X forgotten souls to craft any legendary.... I don't know....

Being beholden to the RNGesus can get really old.

You guys focus too much into one word. Ignore that I said gold. It could be mats, leprechaun turds, whatever.

Give us a way to cash in OUR TIME as well as RNG to get the gear we need.

Maybe something like cash in X forgotten souls to craft any legendary.... I don't know....

Being beholden to the RNGesus can get really old.

If you sit at a slot machine long enough, you will eventually win. Your time spent means more pulls on the lever, that is the D3 loot system.

SbLxQlU.png

I got tasker and theo last night along with the firebirds talons and orb. Just need a sweet wand to go with it. Also is there a good alternative to not using cindercoat but getting the same effects? RoRG is so damn rare and I really miss the RCR.

Last edited:
RoRG rare? Wat? It drops like crazy on Act 1 bounties. T6 = guaranteed legendary drop in a cache, T2 is like 50%.

Easy to get a RoRG, at one time I had like 10 of them in my stash plus one on all my mains...

WTH....

- Looted a maximus! YAY
- with INT roll... on my DH!
- No socket ...........
- low % dmg roll
- 15% fire dmg DAMN IT!

is that even usable??

I'm actually considering doing T4-T5 split bounty runs with my Crusader to get a better RoRG, because frankly those difficulties are a joke compared to T6 and the rates are still very significant. On T6 sure the drop rate is 100% but people can actually still die on T6 given enough annoying affixes in one crowded corridor. Hell, even I can, because my RoRG doesn't have CDR yet so my Akarat's Champion has some downtime. T4 by comparison is a total joke and the rate is still 75%. It might actually be more time efficient. Like when I was doing normal bounties to get rift key frags, in about 1-2 hours I got 100 rift key fragments on my crusader. It was a joke... and I still got 3 RoRG's, too. And this was on NORMAL where the drop rate is like 1.5% according to Reddit?

My Crusader is strong enough to do T6 pretty easily and quickly and my wizard does it even more easily... but things can get hairy with the wrong selections (like waller >=\).

And on that note, I want to share another method I used to gear up frankly most of my newer characters when starting them out (aside from just leeching T6 rifts of course). I'd just go into low level greater rifts. Seriously, just start the trial and then immediately go out, work your way up from 1 to whatever you can handle very easily (talking like 7 mins max or so). Maybe it's just me, but I got a lot of my set gear doing this. It's quick, easy, and you get some shards at the end even if you don't get any legendaries. Even better if you do it with some friends.

It can be a bit tedious because of how stupid easy it is, though. And drop rate IS positively correlated with how high you go up... but I've still found that for me at least there was decent drop rate even on lower level grifts. Though yeah, sometimes you won't get anything.

Last edited:
RoRG rare? Wat? It drops like crazy on Act 1 bounties. T6 = guaranteed legendary drop in a cache, T2 is like 50%.

Para 520ish in normal.
around 1100 bounties finished, vast majority A1
to date - 6 rrog's. 38%CD and 7% AS being my best. The rest, junk.

I however have had ridiculous amounts of amulets and shoulders. I was melting amulets that had CD/CC and socket as I had too many of them.

How I hate you RNG....

Just run T6 bounties, its much faster that way. I do agree that you mostly get junk running bounties. Not fun

Just run T6 bounties, its much faster that way. I do agree that you mostly get junk running bounties. Not fun

Again I must ask why in the blazes people are running T6 only?

Look, this is the table of drop rates from Reddit:
Wyatt Cheng has confirmed on Twitter that the chance of a legendary drop is of 100% at Torment VI: https://twitter.com/candlesan/status/507399314851651584

The drop rates are as it follows:

1.5% - Normal to Torment I

50% - Torment II

60% - Torment III

75% - Torment IV

90% - Torment V

100% - Torment VI

This officially makes Normal Split-Bounty runs obsolete....

Source

You'll see that the scaling down of legendary drop rates with difficulty is pretty small. Only 25% down from 100% on T4, and a whopping 90% at T5.

But this is the difficulty scaling:
Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, 75% extra gold bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 100% extra gold bonus, 100% extra XP bonus
Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 200% extra gold bonus, 200% extra XP bonus
Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% extra gold bonus, 300% extra XP bonus
Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% extra gold bonus, 400% extra XP bonus
Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% extra gold bonus, 550% extra XP bonus
Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% extra gold bonus, 800% extra XP bonus
Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% extra gold bonus, 1150% extra XP bonus
Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% extra gold bonus, 1600% extra XP bonus

Source is on wiki, won't bother linking.

The HP of enemies on T4 is less than half! while the damage is also less than half! T5 is also down an amount that is disproportionate to reward rate.

It follows as a natural consequence that you'll be able to run T4-T5 MUCH faster AND get, on average, more rewards in a shorter amount of time (and if RNGesus favors you, you can get much more).

So this brings me to the question, why in the blazing hells are people running on T6? Does no one know how to do any basic analysis? Just because one difficulty is 100% doesn't mean you should just farm it, especially when the group splits up to get it accomplished faster. T6 makes sense on rifts because with a good group you'll be clearing a rifts fairly quickly and for essentially random legendary drop rates you want as high a chance as possible. But for bounties, if those are the percentages and the item pool is set in stone? Makes literally no sense to do T6.

I can kill T6 extremely fast, so there is no point in doing T4 since I gain nothing. Experience is also double at T6 so there's that.

I can kill T6 extremely fast, so there is no point in doing T4 since I gain nothing. Experience is also double at T6 so there's that.

Oh, so every time you join a party everyone else can kill T6 just as fast as you, and no one ever dies at T6? MK, if you say so.

I mainly play hardcore, so no, people don't die on T6. It's one reason why I stick to hardcore most of the time. People in softcore always play at higher difficulties than they can actually handle.

Oh, so every time you join a party everyone else can kill T6 just as fast as you, and no one ever dies at T6? MK, if you say so.

I don't think you understand Horadric Cache drop rates if you're asking this question.

The only way that doing T4 Bounties is better than T6 bounties is if you can literally do them 1.25 times as fast. I've done 8213 cache runs. Granted a portion of that was pre-patch before there was scaling. But without a 100% drop rate I would have had to of completed far more than I have.

If it takes 10 minutes to do a T6 Cache run, then I would have to be able to complete it in 7.25 minutes on T4. A 25% reduction in time isn't guaranteed, especially when a lot of the longer runs are more problematic due to having to run distances and find things, not pure killing.

If I do split cache runs with people I know (IE: people that don't suck) there is no possible way that I would be able to do T4 runs 25% faster. Generally runs will only take 6-7 minutes for a good crew.

It's already hard enough to get the drop you want as most acts will have a 1/5 chance rate to get the drop you want. If that is further complicated with something other than a 100% drop rate it just makes everything that much harder.

I don't think you understand Horadric Cache drop rates if you're asking this question.

The only way that doing T4 Bounties is better than T6 bounties is if you can literally do them 1.25 times as fast. I've done 8213 cache runs. Granted a portion of that was pre-patch before there was scaling. But without a 100% drop rate I would have had to of completed far more than I have.

If it takes 10 minutes to do a T6 Cache run, then I would have to be able to complete it in 7.25 minutes on T4. A 25% reduction in time isn't guaranteed, especially when a lot of the longer runs are more problematic due to having to run distances and find things, not pure killing.

If I do split cache runs with people I know (IE: people that don't suck) there is no possible way that I would be able to do T4 runs 25% faster. Generally runs will only take 6-7 minutes for a good crew.

It's already hard enough to get the drop you want as most acts will have a 1/5 chance rate to get the drop you want. If that is further complicated with something other than a 100% drop rate it just makes everything that much harder.

Where did you get 7.25 from? Anyway, no running is not too problematic. The solution is called "Crusader" and Crusaders greatly reduce travel time and leave you with killing time. They practically exist to run bounties. They do decent damage, too. Mine even with its subpar gear still hits ~40m-45m per horse on crits to yellow elites and around 52-60m to blue elites thanks to Strongarms. Plus they're quite durable. But it still takes longer to kill enemies. T6 takes more time no matter what, and pubs are unreliable.

Supposing you somehow still think that doing a 25% time reduction due to everything's life bar being slashed to nearly 33% of the originally value isn't possible, what about T5? 90% chance instead for again much lower stats.

Considering your preferences, I'm going to guess you play a DH.

DH isn't even the most efficient at farming T6. Crusaders are actually the easiest/most efficient up to around GR35. The pony build is what you should use for higher grifts, not group play (hitting the monsters away from everyone can be annoying). Use the Condemn build and you'll be walking through T6 like it's nothing.

Seriously though, T6 is a joke and if you are dying too much you need to lower the difficulty.

1. I never said DH was the most efficient at farming T6. I know it isn't.

2. Again with the assumptions about me. On my Crusader, I rarely ever die. I don't know what the hell gave you the idea that I died a lot. I've been into a 36 4 player grift with it, and I completed that pretty quick. I also would have done a 39 with it if our support didn't leave. Not that I was ever even trying to get that high, I was just trying to level up my gems and ended up in high level grifts. I've been through 35+ grifts on various characters.

But that being said T6 isn't a total joke because I still see some of the better players I know dying in it because of carelessness. It happens to me, too. I'll be sitting there not watching where I'm going during bounty runs at all because my eyes are glued to the map and then I get off my horse in the middle of like 40 enemies without Champion of Akarat up. Shrug. Stuff happens.

You're just being an elitist at the moment because you play on HC. I understand, keep flaunting it.

And actually who said my crusader didn't kill stuff fast on T6? I do well over 55m per horse to blues, I tear them up in seconds. I kill yellows usually faster than most people in my party too.... =\

Last edited:
I have gotten to the point that the clear time for bounties is trivial between normal and T6. I spend more of my time running around doing the bounties than actually killing stuff. The only big difference are the boss fights add about 30 seconds to T6. It's pretty consistently 6:30 minutes to do a T6 Act 1 cache clear. I just did a few on normal today to check it and ranged from 5:30 minutes to 6:15 minutes when I was killing too fast to find some hidden mobs in a cave clear bounty. These are solo clear times.

stuff...

You're just being an elitist at the moment because you play on HC. I understand, keep flaunting it.

If that's what you got from my post, more power to you. You mentioned DH in response to UnknownSouljer, yet I didn't see anything in his post making a reference to playing DH, which is why I mentioned it. If you aren't paying attention to the game, then yes a lower difficulty will make more sense.

Only reason we are even having this "argument" is because you said T6 is somehow difficult and not worth it, when in fact everyone else has said the opposite. Do what works best for you though, in the end it's up to each of us on what we want to do.

If that's what you got from my post, more power to you. You mentioned DH in response to UnknownSouljer, yet I didn't see anything in his post making a reference to playing DH, which is why I mentioned it. If you aren't paying attention to the game, then yes a lower difficulty will make more sense.

Only reason we are even having this "argument" is because you said T6 is somehow difficult and not worth it, when in fact everyone else has said the opposite. Do what works best for you though, in the end it's up to each of us on what we want to do.

Agreed on the T6 point. It's already easy as it is and T4 or less is just mind numbing in an already patience testing environment. Not sure why the other guy is in such a tizzy.

I have gotten to the point that the clear time for bounties is trivial between normal and T6. I spend more of my time running around doing the bounties than actually killing stuff. The only big difference are the boss fights add about 30 seconds to T6. It's pretty consistently 6:30 minutes to do a T6 Act 1 cache clear. I just did a few on normal today to check it and ranged from 5:30 minutes to 6:15 minutes when I was killing too fast to find some hidden mobs in a cave clear bounty. These are solo clear times.

Solo times don't matter much. When playing my crusader on solo T6 I kill so fast it might as well be normal difficulty. I just went through a rift alone slaughtering everything so fast I didn't even notice it. The HP values in T6 solo are just a joke. Same with duo. This is strictly 4 person split bounties. Essentially, at T4 the HP values of enemies in a 4 person group will be roughly equivalent to the HP values of enemies in a solo T6.

This is my Crusader. I'm not the best geared person in the world, but I'm not the worst:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54498067

f you aren't paying attention to the game, then yes a lower difficulty will make more sense.

I said the HP and damage difference of mobs was disproportionate to the amount lower the drop rate of caches is for legendary items and that considering. You brought up travel times. I said travel times are insignificant compared to kill times due to Crusaders (and that one flail that makes it so you're permanently on a horse)...

You know what nevermind, this is just pointless. I'm just getting sick of carrying people through T6 on my sader. I think it's more time efficient to just farm a lower diff.

I'm just getting sick of carrying people through T6 on my sader. I think it's more time efficient to just farm a lower diff.

There's two types of people playing at this current point.

1: The people playing since the beginning, all classes at level 70 and can dominate T6 with at least 3 of them. They are now either waiting for patch, playing in the PTR or playing with a group of people they have been since the start as pubs have a high chance of weak/rude players.
2: Newbies who bought the game on sale and just now giving it a try. These are players with maybe 2-3 level 70's, almost guaranteed to be power leveled, and have no gear to handle the high levels. This is the heaviest group I run into during pubs.

Solo times don't matter much. When playing my crusader on solo T6 I kill so fast it might as well be normal difficulty. I just went through a rift alone slaughtering everything so fast I didn't even notice it. The HP values in T6 solo are just a joke. Same with duo. This is strictly 4 person split bounties. Essentially, at T4 the HP values of enemies in a 4 person group will be roughly equivalent to the HP values of enemies in a solo T6.

This is my Crusader. I'm not the best geared person in the world, but I'm not the worst:

I said the HP and damage difference of mobs was disproportionate to the amount lower the drop rate of caches is for legendary items and that considering. You brought up travel times. I said travel times are insignificant compared to kill times due to Crusaders (and that one flail that makes it so you're permanently on a horse)...

You know what nevermind, this is just pointless. I'm just getting sick of carrying people through T6 on my sader. I think it's more time efficient to just farm a lower diff.

Much better than my sader lol. I'll listen to your advice. Nice gear, I'm jealous

Honestly, I never seem to find anything outside of grifts these days.

How is anyone having issues on T6? Even on seasons, once past para 100, you should have enough gear to run t6 decently. Toss in a goldwrap and boon of hoarder and you become invincible. A few friends got that combo in the 100-150 range and since then have farmed t6 and shot up past 300 finally. Farming split bounties doesn't mean killing everything on sight, just getting the goal.

My Crusader just got a lot better. Found a pretty nice Phalanx Shield, finally (along with some better gloves):

Doing a lot more damage and finally have over 50% CDR. All I have left on that character is getting a better Leroic's Crown (need Phalanx damage on it) and a better RoRG (so I can roll the cdr into a slot on my SoJ). I could probably get on the crusader leaderboards without too much trouble afterwards if I wanted to. Well technically I wouldn't be using an SoJ in solo anyway. I have quite a few Unities in storage, though. Just need to pick one.

My Furnace not having CDR is kind of a hassle but at the same time the extra 1.06k vitality is appreciable. Helps me live through some things that kill most other saders.

So where has everyone gone. HOCP D3 has been pretty quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Everybody over in PTR, or just burned out and waiting for the patch?

So where has everyone gone. HOCP D3 has been pretty quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Everybody over in PTR, or just burned out and waiting for the patch?

There were wait times for PTR a while back... I'm assuming that's pretty much cleared out once people started planning on what to do when the patch goes live. So yeah, everyone's waiting for the patch to be released. Season 2, is that still happening also?

Waiting for the patch for me, maybe longer - when a new season starts perhaps. I got burnt out, played from Feb when Loot 2.0 came out until somewhere around Sept/Oct so it had a good run and I had fun. Eventually got tired of grinding for upgrades.

Back