• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Tons of updates on DH today from the PTR.

New M6 bonuses:

2 Piece Bonus

Companion calls all companions to your side.

4 Piece Bonus

Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.

6 Piece Bonus

Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

Apparently the existing 100% Sentry damage bonus (on the PTR right now) is also applying to the player, meaning DH's are doing twice as much damage as they should.

That bug is being fixed, and the damage is being rebalanced between the player and sentry. The player will be more responsible for damage now.

Also, the new player damage bonus shown above in the quotes, will only apply to the player and NOT the sentry.

Good question! This set bonus applies only to your shots, not the shots fired by Sentries.

Nerfs everywhere.
 
So you just plop down 5 sentries in the middle of nowhere and go on doing 500% more damage? Don't think that's a huge nerf compared to live, maybe to what it was previously.
 
Blue posts say they're aiming for the same amount of damage as 2.1.1 but maybe a little more. The set will probably be tweaked a few more times during PTR until they get the damage right.

The problem is mobility is totally killed.
Firebird wizard, Jade/Pet doctor, can all kite while dealing damage. Dots and Pets do damage while the player is moving. DH damage will now drop to ZERO while moving.

DH will be dead after 2.1.2, like Monk was a few patches ago. Mobility is important to... everything.
T6 speedruns, high GR's, you always always need to be moving.

People have already been playing the new overpowered DH on 2.1.2 for a few days, so all hell is going to break loose when Blizzard drops their damage to 1/3 of what it is now.
 
walked through GR36, would have completed it 2 minutes earlier if I didn't die a few times.
RG was the one that jumps on you and I kept forgetting to move out of the way.

 
You probably need to tweak your build, you're still using the old M6 Frostfire build and that is useless now. :p

You don't need Multishot.
 
Any real changes to crusaders? Aside from a shitty belt it doesn't seem like it. Although, I haven't tried the ptr.
 
I wonder which class is going to be OP for season 2. I'm honestly probably NOT going to be playing season 2. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff that makes it "OMG MUST PLAY".
 
I wonder which class is going to be OP for season 2. I'm honestly probably NOT going to be playing season 2. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff that makes it "OMG MUST PLAY".

I have had a lot of fun in Season 1. I absolutely enjoyed playing Crusader especially since I got a Blade of Prophecy and Freydhr's Wrath so early, which just accelerated my gameplay. I was literally doing 6 minute solo T6 within the first few days of the season. I'm just not seeing any of the seasonal items as defining a new build just yet, so hopefully the guys doing the PTR will come up with something. Otherwise I think I will sit out Season 2, or give Hardcore a try.
 
Besides power leveling new people, I have found zero interest in any of the games features. I've gotten T3+ capable in seasons, hardcore and all toons in normal. There's nothing left of interest. Leg drops that are actually upgrades are so rare now it's a drag.

Shame really, nothing else out worth playing. Waiting for GTA V next year.
 
Besides power leveling new people, I have found zero interest in any of the games features. I've gotten T3+ capable in seasons, hardcore and all toons in normal. There's nothing left of interest. Leg drops that are actually upgrades are so rare now it's a drag.

Shame really, nothing else out worth playing. Waiting for GTA V next year.

Check out this thread where Hardocp users recommend games they played in 2014 to our community members. The Steam Autumn Sale starts on 11/26/2014 so you might be able to score something highly rated to tide you over until D3, GTA V, or another game catches your eye.

And feel free to add to the list even if you're just recommending a game already on the list. If multiple people recommend something then it would mean that it's a really good game to try for someone that only buys a few games a year.
 
Besides power leveling new people, I have found zero interest in any of the games features. I've gotten T3+ capable in seasons, hardcore and all toons in normal. There's nothing left of interest. Leg drops that are actually upgrades are so rare now it's a drag.

Shame really, nothing else out worth playing. Waiting for GTA V next year.

I don't really get the motivation for seasons considering that there is no economy in the game...why would I start over again, 3-4 months after the first season? The 0-70 grind is entirely pointless and the items are all being designed in a way that says "use it for this skill", which isn't really promoting creativity. At least the Grifts aren't going to have unlimited scaling for incoming damage anymore, but that's not really motivation for me to start over again.
 
Check out this thread where Hardocp users recommend games they played in 2014 to our community members. The Steam Autumn Sale starts on 11/26/2014 so you might be able to score something highly rated to tide you over until D3, GTA V, or another game catches your eye.

And feel free to add to the list even if you're just recommending a game already on the list. If multiple people recommend something then it would mean that it's a really good game to try for someone that only buys a few games a year.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check it outn. I've mostly been replaying old (1999) games like UT as of late.

I don't really get the motivation for seasons considering that there is no economy in the game...why would I start over again, 3-4 months after the first season? The 0-70 grind is entirely pointless and the items are all being designed in a way that says "use it for this skill", which isn't really promoting creativity. At least the Grifts aren't going to have unlimited scaling for incoming damage anymore, but that's not really motivation for me to start over again.

I'm of the same thought, seasons is a complete waste of time and dangle fruit in front of D3 players to show "hey were still doing something". Only reason I have a seasons toon is because PitViper (RW2112) was nice enough to power level me through the 1-70 drag. I was achievement hunting until I realized some are nearly impossible to complete and not worth the time.

Until they enable proper trading or a complete revamp of skills for a new variety, I suspect my play time will drastically decrease. It's a shame to, many people from the clan I enjoy playing with but it seems they are tired of it to as well since they are rarely online anymore (as compared to a few months ago).
 
I don't really get the motivation for seasons considering that there is no economy in the game...why would I start over again, 3-4 months after the first season? The 0-70 grind is entirely pointless and the items are all being designed in a way that says "use it for this skill", which isn't really promoting creativity. At least the Grifts aren't going to have unlimited scaling for incoming damage anymore, but that's not really motivation for me to start over again.

Only reason I play it is because I want to try out new classes and I might as well do it on seasons. None of the legendaries are really that enticing and the leaderboards aren't even remotely interesting to me. The people on top are generally playing 24/7 and spamming the greater rifts looking for the perfect one. I only played season 1 because demon hunters were OP and I wanted to try them out :p
 
Only reason I play it is because I want to try out new classes and I might as well do it on seasons. None of the legendaries are really that enticing and the leaderboards aren't even remotely interesting to me. The people on top are generally playing 24/7 and spamming the greater rifts looking for the perfect one. I only played season 1 because demon hunters were OP and I wanted to try them out :p

Not just that, but the people at the leaderboard multibox 24/7 too...4 of the same character farming at the same time, and the main character keeps the best gear.
 
0ZGuufD.png
 
What are you trying to highlight? Looks like a standard M6 Cold build.

Oh, attack speed? Not bad in that case.
 
My Attack speed is increase is 69%, but he has nice cold damage and CDR.


With my Marauder helm and TnT gloves, it drops down to 63%
 
Last edited:
The new patch destroys breakpoints and shakes up quite a few M6 builds.
A bit pointless to continue working for current builds.
 
The new patch destroys breakpoints and shakes up quite a few M6 builds.
A bit pointless to continue working for current builds.

What's the current recommended setup for the new patch?
It seems like the Kridershot or the quiver with the Chakram are the items of choice so you can keep your sentries firing. I guess have them both equipped.
be nice if they had a quiver that had free Custer Arrows.
 
DH are getting nerfed quite a bit on PTR, they won't be that great anymore unless they buff them again.
 
There's a flat damage nerf coming down the pipeline, not yet active on the PTR.
So we have yet to see the full might of the nerf hammer.

Damage is pretty good at the moment though.

The best change has to be rift density, though. Every rift isn't quite like graveyard tileset but pretty close.
Even my T6 clear times have gone down by about half.
 
PTR had a Queue of 3 hours and 5 minutes about 20 minutes ago.
 
Man how do you guys get such high DPS? My pathetic DH is doing 430,000 DPS... :( :(

I have less-than-stellar gear, though. My luck in life tends to be shit, and doubly so in loot-driven games...and tabletop games involving dice...
 
Man how do you guys get such high DPS? My pathetic DH is doing 430,000 DPS... :( :(

I have less-than-stellar gear, though. My luck in life tends to be shit, and doubly so in loot-driven games...and tabletop games involving dice...

Attack speed, Crit chance and crit damage, and a large green gem in your high dps weapon.
I am using this weapon but it doesn't have Cold, Fire, Holy, etc, Damage boost.
 
Is there a hardforums community or anything of the sort on this?
Here's my profile (dunno if posting this is against the rules or something because I see everyone in here is linking pictures instead of just linking their profile).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54498067

That's the char I'm currently using. My strongest is actually probably still my Wizard.

I literally started gearing that Crusader yesterday. All of the gear on it save the belt and the ring is stuff I picked up yesterday. It was quite the haul, as my clan members have noted.
 
The buff is only temporary so if you actually want to play PTR, wait for them to remove it and the queues will be gone.
 
Is there a hardforums community or anything of the sort on this?
Here's my profile (dunno if posting this is against the rules or something because I see everyone in here is linking pictures instead of just linking their profile).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/54498067

That's the char I'm currently using. My strongest is actually probably still my Wizard.

I literally started gearing that Crusader yesterday. All of the gear on it save the belt and the ring is stuff I picked up yesterday. It was quite the haul, as my clan members have noted.

ya, there is a HOCP clan.
this is my main character,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48061290

I have lvl70 of most classes but can't really get into them.
I started with the DH and have always enjoyed playing as a DH.
 
See that's the problem, I just originally tried searching for a Hardforums clan. This topic doesn't really make it clear what the hell our clan is. But I'm fairly satisfied with my clan at the moment. Fun people to talk to. Not big (speaking of which, how big is HardOCP?).

Anyway, I just really started playing this about a few weeks to a month back. I'd say overall my Wizard is definitely my favorite. The playstyle imo affords a lot of survivability because I can get out of most scrapes with it. It's also good at ignoring walls. However the DPS is a bit lacking, I can only do about 100-150m or so ticks. It's a lot higher if there are other wizards or fire casters, though? Not sure why. It's weird.

The next character that I decided to do was DH. I ended up finding the entire M6 set (including Taskers) in about 1 day. The next day I found a lightning Stone of Jordan... and eventually I'm going to try to actually make it a lightning ball DH. It already is, but some of my gear is kind of lacking. It dies way too easily, which is what I really hate about it.

Next was WD, but the thing is that build needs a Quez helm and I got really annoyed looking for one. Several Jerams and crap, but no Quez. I also didn't enjoy the playstyle a terrible lot, though I figured out how it worked in general.

Finally that Crusader is my most recent attempt... like I said, all gear on it acquired in practically one day. It was kind of crazy. I knew RNGesus wanted me to play a Crusader when that Furnace dropped. The only thing that didn't drop so far is an SoJ. Lol. It's a pretty beastly character, but some things about its playstyle seriously irk me, such as walls and obstacles utterly destroying my DPS.
 
I was in the Queue a few minutes ago and it was 8 minutes, 8 minutes later it said 9 minutes.
 
PTR was restarted a little while ago so the queues won't be high.
If you want to play then now is a good time to login.
 
I find that choosing a different difficulty level will sometimes give you a smaller queue in the PTR. For example T6 might say 30 min queue then drop to T4 and get a 3 min queue... YMMV...
 
Back
Top