Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

annoying u have over 700 hours played and paragon 400 reached and still for my barb i havent got a furnace of maximus which seems to be the way to be effective on greater rifts.. then u see noobs paragon 200 or lower and they ofc all have a damn maximus.. dont get it stupid game only gives u dupes or same useless legendaries over and over again... and kadala sucks too not much luck there either for weapon u never got before.

Last weekend was awesome for me.

2 Sun keepers
1 Furnace
2 Vaults (fucking.finally)

annoying u have over 700 hours played and paragon 400 reached and still for my barb i havent got a furnace of maximus which seems to be the way to be effective on greater rifts.. then u see noobs paragon 200 or lower and they ofc all have a damn maximus.. dont get it stupid game only gives u dupes or same useless legendaries over and over again... and kadala sucks too not much luck there either for weapon u never got before.

You can go thousands of hours without a furnace, but as for the maximus, not sure why you haven't found one. Those are fairly common drops.

Sad part, still worse than my DH. And my firebird Wizard.

Make a fear doctor with high toughness demon hunter blackthornes gear, roughly 35mil toughness. Add xepherian amulet to be nearly invincible. Then go into a grift with a bunch of demon hunters. SMK will litter the floor with slamdance for the sentries.

Just about to hit the 3player seasons leaderboard with my semi decent DH, a furnaceless Wizard and OP fear doctor.

I haven't played this in over 2 months (give or take)... I still found a furnace during seasons. I think I'm sitting close to a billion gold too lol.

Have they done anything really big (patch wise) since the launch of seasons?

No. At this point, seasons is pretty much dead again. Just trying to farm rifts, I'm lucky if there are 40 players on T2 in HC. A few occasions there have been fewer than 15 people, which is painful when you get the people who want to completely clear a rift instead of closing it after the rift guardian kill.

the problem with seasons is that it lasts too long, and there arent enough reasons to play it.
Its not like there are TONS of season only legs (only a few) and there is no other real reward except to get on the leaderboard.

A guy in my clan Mikeh - was the first to do all the achieves.. and now hes like, well... now what?
Seasons should be different time lengths and maybe different goals... and give rewards.

I got to level 33 and was like.. meh lol - back to my regulars. Finally getting around to leveling my crusarder, barb, and wd to 70.

No. At this point, seasons is pretty much dead again. Just trying to farm rifts, I'm lucky if there are 40 players on T2 in HC. A few occasions there have been fewer than 15 people, which is painful when you get the people who want to completely clear a rift instead of closing it after the rift guardian kill.

I think that's an interesting point that I haven't seen addressed yet. What is it that separates the two schools of thought with rifts? Clear everything, or Kill Guardian and skedaddle?

I tend to just kill mobs even after the guardian if the density is good; if I have to search for kills I'm going to port out and close it. If I'm strictly trying to grab more greater rift keystones, it's an instant port out after guardian is dead. I guess it depends why I'm in the rift in the first place.

I think that's an interesting point that I haven't seen addressed yet. What is it that separates the two schools of thought with rifts? Clear everything, or Kill Guardian and skedaddle?

I tend to just kill mobs even after the guardian if the density is good; if I have to search for kills I'm going to port out and close it. If I'm strictly trying to grab more greater rift keystones, it's an instant port out after guardian is dead. I guess it depends why I'm in the rift in the first place.

A lot of it comes down to purely just archaic habits, or just bad habits. Prior to 2.1, one person had to spend keys, which lead to a lot of leechers who never had keys, and one person using their keys. It made much more sense then, as 5 rifts could cost 25 keys or 30 minutes of your time just to farm them. (We're talking public games here, not games with friends). They got use to farming everything, as the more things you kill, the more legendaries you can get.

But, clearing a rift is slower in both gaining xp and getting legendaries. Blood shards are the best way to get the item you're after, as you can target the legendary by slot, rather than getting your 15th ring in a row while you look for that witching hour. And closing the rift provides a lot of xp, where if you really want more, you teleport back into the rift after it starts to close to kill for 30 more seconds. Sure, there are a ton more elites left, but you can still find elites in the next rift.

Most people don't mind if it is a dense rift, but the problem is people either tend to close or clear regardless.

New wizard set.

http://i.imgur.com/GXfRZHj.jpg

Off-Stage info:

New Armor Sets: (from playable demo)
Barbarian: Whirwind and Rend - Triple Rend damage and duration, Whirlwind deals triple damage to targets affected by Rend.
Demon Hunter: Multishot - 6 Piece Set: Gain 2 Discipline from Generators, Fires 2 Rockets each Multishot.
Wizard: Slow Time - Enemies in Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage per second. Energy Twister, Magic Missiles and Frozen Orb deal bonus damage to enemies in Slow Time. Slow Time cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds when casting spells.
New area: Sesheron (old Barbarian capital, now snowy ruins) along with new monster types. (from playable demo)
New Rift Guardian: Rat King. (from playable demo)
New types of Treasure Goblins, some of which drop Blood Shards, others gems and others again drop crafting materials and plans. (from playable demo)
Changes to Sunwuko set to be less spammy but not obviously weaker. (from playable demo)
Legendary item changes: (from playable demo)
Wormwood: Locust Swarm deals continous damage.
Quetzalcoatl: Locust Swarm an Haunt deal their damage in half the duration.
Hwoj wrap: Locust Swarm slows enemies by 80%.

http://imgur.com/PycVTW0

The Panel is live!
On stage: Josh Mosqueira
Patch 2.1.2 announced
New Ghoblins: The Gem Hoarder (silver, drops gems), the Odious Collector (green, drops crafting materials), the Blood Thief (red, drops Blood Shards)
Improved Goblin AI: Will now seek out other enemies
Now speaking: Johnny Ebbert
Adventure Mode: New Legendary Gems, More visual variety for Greater Rifts, new Hub layouts
Tilesets of formerly fixed maps in Greater Rifts are now much more varied, examples: Oasis, Spider Caves, Leoric's Jail; Upcoming: Stinging Winds, Tristram Fields, Festering Woods
Legendary Gems: Legendary Gems usage graph (screenshot to follow), want to make usage of Gems more even by adding new Legendary Gems and Items
2 new Legendary Gems: Esoteric ALteration: Gain 30% non-Physical damage reduction. Bonus: While below half Life, your resistances are increased by 75%.
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard: Regenerates 500,00 Life per Second. Bonus: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your Life per Second. Numbers subject to change.
Now speaking: Wyatt Cheng
Pylon Changes: Conduit not getting removed in GR. Instead, Speed Pylons ignoring collision and lasting longer, Shield Pylon reflecting damage and exploding when it times out. You should get 2-4 Pylons per GR, not 0 or 6.
Improving Monster Density in all Rifts where it's currently low. Normal monsters as well as Elites.
All the Rift Guardians are getting revisited to be equally challenging but each one should be special in their own right.
Randomness shouldn't dictate success or failure but instead provide a varied experience.
Level generation adjusted: Dead Ends in Rifts shouldn't be at the end of a long hallway, same for big loops.
Death Penalty in GR adjusted. On the PTR, you can rez at the corpse in GR but you get a stacking timer. Hence, the distance to the checkpoint no longer matters.
Season 2: Conquests will be looked at, only some will return from S1, like Reach GR30 or Speed Racer. Reach level 70 is being dropped, though. New Conquests: 50M gold stream outside the Vaul, Kill certain bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game, Complete Lore Books
Season 2 Transmog: Feet and Legs, Season 3: Chest and Hands
Wormwood reworked (see below): Casts Locust Swarm without having to stop
Ranslor's Folly (see below)
Now Speaking: Kevin Martens
More items shown tomorrow, also "something special"
Ancient Items: New Tier of Legendaries. Drops in Torment, the higher the difficulty the more likely, up to 30% better in attributes.
New Zone: Ruins of Sesheron. Barbarian capital city from Diablo II LoD opening cinematic, will be near Arreat Crater in Act III. Lots of Traps.
New Monster types.
New Rift Guardian: Rat King: Spawns Rats from his back, entraps you in a circular area, casts "Rat Tornadoes"
Yetis are currently being worked on as a new monster type
All artisans now close together in Act I
Patch 2.1.2 (will have PTR): Ancient Items, Treasure Goblins, Season 2, New Legendaries, Adventure Mode improvements
Later Patch: Ruins of Sescheron, new monsters, new Legendaries, and more

---

http://i.imgur.com/kyjc8m3.jpg

http://imgur.com/hlGT14u

http://imgur.com/8vWyB6J

http://imgur.com/oEE9spv

http://imgur.com/aTJMjcQ

http://imgur.com/2EFl1uU

http://imgur.com/PycVTW0

Last edited:
I joined on the season pretty late, I have a level 70 of each type and ~212 Paragon, I could go for a fresh start already. I loved ladder rests in D2, but it was also easier to make single objective hero's back then too I think. New ladder was 90% sorcerer's for the MF.

The problem is that you're playing on T2. No one plays on T2, T6 is too easy now with legendary gems. Get yourself an end-game set and you'll be back in business.

I find I dont want to compete in an rpg, I want to run around and find great loot now and then.
the instant gratification and leaderboard is a huge turn off.
to easy

You say that now. Try to be #1. It's crazy hard.
It's hard to get lucky, apparently.
Saw a guy open a GR41 on a whim (hardcore) and he happened to get a high density easy mode rift and walked right through it. He landed #1 or #2 on the DH ladder without even trying.

Meanwhile there are people who are more skilled, with better gear, who have bad luck with GR's and keep getting Act 5 rifts etc.

The problem is that you're playing on T2. No one plays on T2, T6 is too easy now with legendary gems. Get yourself an end-game set and you'll be back in business.

We're talking HC here, not SC.

At this moment:

T1: 23
T2: 4
T3: 24
T4: 13
T5: 3
T6: 24

It's hard to get lucky, apparently.
Saw a guy open a GR41 on a whim (hardcore) and he happened to get a high density easy mode rift and walked right through it. He landed #1 or #2 on the DH ladder without even trying.

Meanwhile there are people who are more skilled, with better gear, who have bad luck with GR's and keep getting Act 5 rifts etc.

This game is all about luck. The other day, was trying to beat my rift level (33). I got lucky with rift 32. I had 7 1/2 minutes to go when I beat it. Then 33 comes, and it was empty map after empty map with Act IV enemies.

*EDIT*

Yes, I realize it would skip me several maps, but being HC, I waited until the 4:30 minute mark to beat it. It was 7 1/2 minutes for the boss to spawn.

Last edited:
This game is all about luck. The other day, was trying to beat my rift level (33). I got lucky with rift 32. I had 7 1/2 minutes to go when I beat it. Then 33 comes, and it was empty map after empty map with Act IV enemies.

This. So fed up with Grifts with empty levels and super long tunnels that have a killer elite pack right before the end of it.

We're talking HC here, not SC.

At this moment:

T1: 23
T2: 4
T3: 24
T4: 13
T5: 3
T6: 24

That's because most people moved on. The game is so boring now for most people who don't feel like grinding greater rifts. If you can do a GR33 you should be farming T6. There were always 60 people in T6 when I played, it's almost impossible to die anymore.

That's because most people moved on. The game is so boring now for most people who don't feel like grinding greater rifts. If you can do a GR33 you should be farming T6. There were always 60 people in T6 when I played, it's almost impossible to die anymore.

Well, I technically haven't been able to do 33, that's only as far as I've gotten up to. And those numbers were for rifts, not grifts. Grifts are a solid 0 regardless of difficulty. And I'm not sure they are really the same. I have a SC character with similar stats. Slightly better dps, but slightly worse toughness, and I die in Fields of Misery all the time (probably due to the density that just doesn't exist in rifts & grifts).

I'd love that type of density in rifts though, as the last achievements I need to do are bounties and rift kills, and I'm seeing that there are less than 500 enemies per rift (and I have enough 400k to go).

Just managed to eek out my firebird set bonus (was painful farming all those blood shards), but good lord it makes night and day difference...

Before I was struggling with T3, now I am breezing through T4 without breaking much of a sweat...

Gotta find a replacement for the shoulders though, the stats on it is just bad lol. And I need to find a way to die less often...

The RNG gods are whimsical... Other day I finally get an Etrayu <yippee> after all this time playing (Plevel 596), then last night I get 2 more.... <sigh>... Now if I could finally find that Krindershot as well...

It took you 596 paragons to find 1 Etrayu...?
I played my DH from 350 to 620 with 8 Etrayu's, 2 Calamity's and 1 Krider. :|

Etrayu is especially common.

Last edited:
I have gotten plenty or Etrayus', most with shitty stats, 1 Calamity, and 2 Kridershots. I got both Kridershots in the past couple of months a few days a part.
I used the Calamity for the longest time but recently switched to a Izzucbob with higher stats.

It took you 596 paragons to find 1 Etrayu...?
I played my DH from 350 to 620 with 8 Etrayu's, 2 Calamity's and 1 Krider. :|

Etrayu is especially common.

Yup, the RNG gods don't like me very well, lol. Still not found that Krindershot and only got a calamity about Plevel 530.... :D

Back