Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I find I dont want to compete in an rpg, I want to run around and find great loot now and then.
the instant gratification and leaderboard is a huge turn off.
to easy

Too easy? I've put in over 200 hours and seen one T%T, no furnace, no physical soj. Took me forever to find an unrelenting phylenx and it had a shitty roll.

I find the game a lot of fun.

My main is a DH, and honestly this sounds good to me. M6 is pretty boring to play, I miss blowing shit up on my own with a CA build. I'll probably hop on the PTR and test out once it's out.

Rumor is they are reworking incoming damage scaling (toning it down). No mention of unavoidable damage or reflect damage getting changes though :mad:

Taskers will no longer be useful, which probably means Cindercoat and fire build is coming back.
If you have a Krider then things get really interesting.

I can't wait to get into the PTR and see what the community comes up with.
Whatever happens though nothing will be as OP as the current lightning M6 build people are using for GR50+.

Too easy? I've put in over 200 hours and seen one T%T, no furnace, no physical soj. Took me forever to find an unrelenting phylenx and it had a shitty roll.

I find the game a lot of fun.

started a wizard, reached l70, in one day full complete set of firebird.
even got a piece or two extra during the day.
its just to easy and imo game mechanics are broken.

started a wizard, reached l70, in one day full complete set of firebird.
even got a piece or two extra during the day.
its just to easy and imo game mechanics are broken.

Some people are just luckier than others. I'm at Plvl 400 and still trying to find Raekor gloves and chest.

Some people are just luckier than others. I'm at Plvl 400 and still trying to find Raekor gloves and chest.

I'm at paragon 320 and have never seen a furnace. One shitty T&T, still have a crappy unrelenting phylenx, a subpar soj, could use better gloves and a better rorg too. Even then I'm clearing GR31.

Every hellfire amulet that I've rolled has been a pos, probably going to give up on that.

I think the new M6 bonus will be...er...adjusted.

I loaded up the PTR, put on a cinder coat, a decent Kridershot, and a fire SOJ...then mowed through a lvl 40 GR with nothing but elemental arrow and a CA here and there. 100+ mil crits with EA.

Another little thing on the PTR, trials rewards around 2 Billion gold right now, lol.

Also got a gem of ease tonight, leg gem that sockets into a weapon. Level one awards 1000 exp per kill extra, leveling up increases that by one point. level 25 sets the gem to being able to be equipped by a lvl one toon IIRC

M6 damage output has been doubled, maybe closer to tripled. It's a bit silly at the moment.
Also GR scaling has been moved upward, so you will be able to clear higher ranks regardless.

Yes, that's the PTR.
Fire build has Loaded for Bear hitting about 300-400 million with a bow. Remember sentries are firing each time, as well as your character. So each CA is easily over 1 billion.

I'm killing T6 RG's in 2 hits. Regular elites usually die in 1 shot. You can actually dump all your sentries into an empty corner and clear the rift by yourself.

So if I am reading this right, attack speed and TnTs are useless for M6 and all you need now is cool down?

ACHIEVEMENTS
•Season 2 Conquests have been added•The Lord of Bells is no longer required to complete "You're Not The Boss Of Me"

About time, Im para 510+ and have yet to get this level in a rift.

The changes all look "meh". Giving the WD Spirit Barrage with a poison dmg type is at least interesting since I really want to run a poison WD and JH. I can do considerably more dmg with poison than cold with the gear I have.

The new charge system for sentries in the DH sounds like a hassle. You already have to spend all your time kiting hits to survive, now you have to worry about constantly dropping sentries when charges run out. Also forces you to run custom engineering runes. Ugh.

Fuck yeah this sounds awesome. Tempest rush build is now not only going to be fast as tacos its also going to dominate.

Sunwuko's + Monkey King's Garb

Monk
Monkey King's Garb
Philosophy note: With only some minor adjustments to supporting gear, build, and playstyle, Monks with four pieces of the updated Monkey King’s Garb should be able to match or even exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level. With a complete optimization of the new Set bonuses, Monks should easily (or at least reliably) exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level.
Has been redesigned
(2) Set Bonus
Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage
Decoy explosion now deals the damage type of your highest +% Elemental Damage
(4) Set Bonus
Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds

I use 3 of those 5 skills on my main so I'm definitely looking forward to changing up my gear. Never was a big fan of a lot of other builds, haha

Looks like the Kridershot will be the weapon of choice for the new update.
My main DH kept running out of hatred, but she was hitting really hard.
there are Gem Goblins that just drop a bunch of gems.
You can hold 2 Sentries at one time and drop them both right away which is cool.

this is what I found in the 5 minutes I just played.

Is there a point to having more than 2 sentries? I'm a bit confused by how the new mechanic works. So you can drop a sentry in the beginning of the level and when you shoot your spender your damage is increased by 100% or the sentry shoots across the map to add to your damage?

You can hold and drop the max sentries your build holds.
If you can hold 3, you can drop all 3 right away. I thought it was 2, but that was because I could only have 2 at once with my lightning DH, added custom engineering and I have 3 and can drop all 3 at the same time.
3 is the max you can hold at one time. I just tested it with Bombardiers Rucksack, you can still drop 5 but 3 first then the other 2 over time as it cools down.

Also, your Sentries only fire the Hatred spender you are using at that time, so if you have 3 spenders, you use each one individually and the sentry will shoot whichever one you are pressing.
It does not shoot all your spenders automatically like before. makes it a bit more challenging as you have to watch your hatred when you use the higher hatred spenders like cluster arrow.

there is also another goblin, shows green on the map, and only carries supplies like veiled crystal and the blue one.

more sentries means more damage to one or more enemies since they are getting hit more. I sometimes use 5 Sentries with my main DH, drop them over time and just let them do all the work.
Now it is harder since they don't fire the spender unless you fire it yourself, they still shoot rockets and arrows if you aren't firing.

Last edited:
The M2 bonus is being added to Sentry damage as well.
1 sentry is 140% each, 2 sentries is 180% each, etc. Custom Engineering is a must. Replaces Ballistics, most likely.

The 40% extra damage is added based on how many sentries you have on the ground, "active" doesn't mean attacking like some people have thought (???).
Rucksack by itself is a huge boost to damage too.

Kridershot seems like a must for the new patch.

Looks like some weapons are boosted a bit,

"Ancient" items are a new tier of legendary with up to +30% stats.
There are a lot of builds floating around right now but, generally, you want to stick with Kridershot for a while.

You get a free spender, plus you can use Rucksack, so it's going to be difficult to replace. Anything else you wear will involve sacrificing one or the other: Either you get a free spender (Spines of Seething Hatred) or you wear Rucksack w/ a generator.

It is fast but doesn't hit that hard. My Bow hits for 25 million.

Yea DH's are still gonna be powerful as fuck. What's going to be interesting is if it goes live, you get a serpent sparker and the mammoth pool stacks + slow time = fun times.

It is fast but doesn't hit that hard. My Bow hits for 25 million.

Yeah but that hydra is on top of what ever else you are doing. the dude in the video was only attacking with hydra if he were to say dropping fire blizzard and electrocute as well it would be just stupid damage.

Damn I think i might have to get back into this game. Haven't played since this summer but I have a almost perfect Pet Doc and Jade Doc. Can the Jade build still crit for a billion damage, has it been nerfed?

Gonna have to clear out some room on the SSD for this game again.

Ok tested PTR. I have a nice krider to work with and bombadier's to go with it.

Damage increase is significant + damage reduction in 32+ rifts. I just walked through a 35 in under 5 mins. Immediately got a 40 key, new damage reduction gem (non physical damage reduction can be leveled) + lvl 25 ability of fire/ice/etc resists boosted by 75% when below 50% hp)

Got an ancient depth diggers with 130 all resist on it.

Basically, ancients are the new legs and legs... well the old yellows.... with the % boosts for ancients I picture myself running around with 2500 all resist, 500k hp, 1.3 mil dps and running around on 40+ rifts. TnT is semi useful as the regular bolts still fire from turrets which are still useful against white trash, but CDR and rcr are a need more than ever to get out more cluster shots to provide significant damage numbers, which are definitely on the up and up when you have 5 turrets out. Since you spam Elemental arrow, not only do you get those shots out of turrets but you get regular bolts inbetween thx to TnT. Extra dps is extra dps.

edit: played a bit more
Cindercoat replaced TnT, rcr is better. Ancient leg affixes are not super rare, just got a bunch of them, just hope RNG matches it to a weapon or something useful

Last edited:
I just put the Kridershot on my main DH and changed a few items.
DH is way overpowered now. I am one shotting most enemies and critting for 100million averaging 65million.

The blood shard goblin gave me almost 300 shards, which is cool.

Back