Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Just found thunderfury! Too bad the roll for lightning dmg was low... 297 or so.. damn if only it was over 300! I had to reroll the dmg because it was only 1900+ dmg.

wow thats probably the lowest i heard of, i thought 300 was min or so.. cant complain on mine 369% or so.. pretty badass sword no wonder everyone wants it.

wow thats probably the lowest i heard of, i thought 300 was min or so.. cant complain on mine 369% or so.. pretty badass sword no wonder everyone wants it.

You got lucky! The max is 372%. I checked and mine is actually 292% :(

I think you guys are on to something in regards to doing Normal runs. I'm getting just as many legendaries doing that and it is just mindlessly easy.

Came across a few "bugged" witch doctors in the past few days. 800-900k paper dps, toughness like a piece of glass. Damage that makes Shard of Hate's "bug" look like a joke. They were facemelting upper torment levels with upwards of 100 million crit damage. Sorry, that's just plain wrong... SoH was good, but not 3 hit t4 boss good.

The WD was "hiding" from the group in one game I was in... he kept running from us killing elite packs in mere seconds then moving on. My DH finally caught up and I found him clearing the hp off an elite and rift boss in 1/3 segments. When I tried to confront him on the bug he bailed out of game before getting the xp bonus. He was also paragon 396 at this point with scattered gear for a WD that is a joke stats wise except for the Mask of Jeram and a Tasker and Theo which boosted pet damage.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10301921004

I wanted to update on this.

Turns out that the bug is still in effect. I found a keywarden in one of my game, and summoned a Gargantuan (with the wrathful protector rune, so 575% dps) and he killed the keywarden in 4 hits.

I was literally watching the health disappear in 1/4 segments, exactly like how Slade described it. 18million crits each hit.

Out of curiosity, I calculated the final DPS from my character sheet...

576k base DPS + 575% (gargantuan damage) + 369% CD = 18,239,342 damage.

I like this (sorta) bug, but even I can tell that this is ridiculously OP. It's one thing to kill a boss slowly, it's quite another thing to literally kill him in 4 hits.

Is there a way to play privately? i mean like, it's annoying anyone on your friends list or clan can just join your game when your busy with something else.

I wanted to update on this.

Turns out that the bug is still in effect. I found a keywarden in one of my game, and summoned a Gargantuan (with the wrathful protector rune, so 575% dps) and he killed the keywarden in 4 hits.

I was literally watching the health disappear in 1/4 segments, exactly like how Slade described it. 18million crits each hit.

Out of curiosity, I calculated the final DPS from my character sheet...

576k base DPS + 575% (gargantuan damage) + 369% CD = 18,239,342 damage.

I like this (sorta) bug, but even I can tell that this is ridiculously OP. It's one thing to kill a boss slowly, it's quite another thing to literally kill him in 4 hits.

How is that OP? Sounds like you are just playing on the wrong difficulty.

Pets scale with crit chance, crit damage, and attack speed now. At least for now, it's working as intended. No bug. Pets were garbage for the longest time. It's about time they got buffed.

Is there a way to play privately? i mean like, it's annoying anyone on your friends list or clan can just join your game when your busy with something else.

Yea I don't think so, but its really annoying. My buddies always come in with their op gear and just 1-hit everything. Not even fun to play at that point

Yea I don't think so, but its really annoying. My buddies always come in with their op gear and just 1-hit everything. Not even fun to play at that point

Under the "Social" tab in options you can disable quick join, I would assume they have to request an invite to join then and you can just say no.

The pets bug seems to be capped on the dh, wiz barb etc. Those are restricted to 200% of cd.

The intent of the "fix" versus the actual results don't scale correctly across classes. This makes WD people of higher levels completely OP for even T6. It's one thing to get a nice set of gear/roll some good stats and transition the T levels.

It's another to grab a few pieces of legs, roll a bunch of support yellows and waltz into t6 with a character doing T20 (if existed) and only having t1 stats or worse.

It's a disservice to us that suffered "bug" fixes like shard of hate which, oh so you are killing things and doing say 30-40% more damage than intended, so we um nerfed that for you.

I am massively lucky.

lY6A6m8.png

got one for my monk and dh, the dh is using 3 different sets, Ashera's, Aughlids, and Nat's. I read low on the toughness (4.8 mill), but in game I am 12.8 mill toughness.

Also Royal Ring + Blackthorns = invincible monk. 12 mill toughness, lightning focus build, does 1.1 mil dps on average and can stand in any mob/elite pack up to t4.

got one for my monk and dh, the dh is using 3 different sets, Ashera's, Aughlids, and Nat's. I read low on the toughness (4.8 mill), but in game I am 12.8 mill toughness.

Also Royal Ring + Blackthorns = invincible monk. 12 mill toughness, lightning focus build, does 1.1 mil dps on average and can stand in any mob/elite pack up to t4.

Mmmm, I gotta say the lightning monk is pretty nice. When you see all of those baby tornadoes flying around :cool:

Found a second RoRG from a T6 a1 cache (I wasn't looking for one, was doing t6 for exp). I don't have very many bounties done so I'd say I was pretty lucky. Now time to find some on a non strength char. Lol :p

This may have already been answered, sorry if so, but there is an option for this. Just look for 'Disable Quickjoin' in the options. This removes you from your friend's and clan's quick join list (the pop-up list in the bottom right corner of the main menu). It also prevents friends and clan-mates from being able to hop into your game without an invite.

My buddy was having the same issue trying to play through the story solo (didn't want anyone skipping dialog and videos) and this worked for him. Hope that helps.

Any hardcore players on here? Looking for some people to play with add me! I can clear torment1-2 for bounties easily.

Kenjiwing#1246

I still never understood why they always nerf all the gear that is actually allows you to play T6. They honestly make this game more of a grind than it should be. I guess that's how they try to keep people playing. It just gets extremely boring sometimes, especially when you just get shit drops for 3 days straight.

Idk, T6 is end game, you should require pretty much top notch gear of all types to make those runs, not just pickup 1 weapon which allows you to blast through top tier content. Just my opinion though.

Idk, T6 is end game, you should require pretty much top notch gear of all types to make those runs, not just pickup 1 weapon which allows you to blast through top tier content. Just my opinion though.

Agreed. T6 is the closest thing we have to an end game at this point, and there's really not much point to playing T6 short of bragging rights, so being highly geared and build optimized should make clearing a T6 rift a challenge. Anything less than that should be pretty much impossible.

Playing this game without supplemental entertainment, shooting the shit with friends or watching TV while playing, is very boring.

Good thing Dark Souls 2 on PC comes out Friday.

You tell 'em, Steve Dave!

(Sorry, hadn't seen that posted in a while. Never forget!)

This may have already been answered, sorry if so, but there is an option for this. Just look for 'Disable Quickjoin' in the options. This removes you from your friend's and clan's quick join list (the pop-up list in the bottom right corner of the main menu). It also prevents friends and clan-mates from being able to hop into your game without an invite.

My buddy was having the same issue trying to play through the story solo (didn't want anyone skipping dialog and videos) and this worked for him. Hope that helps.

Yeap, did get my answer. Thanks!

I get my enjoyment out of playing the game. Progressing through gear, getting upgrades, having a challenge from level 1. My friends just try to race to the max level, equipping hellfire rings and the biggest gems possible, etc.

He joins my game with his 70, i'm on my 39 DH, and starts rushing me.

I tell him, 'naw man, i don't want a rush-grab a character that's my level and lets actually play!'

So he comes back with a 41 Crusader, which has this 1.2k dps level 60 weapon with -19 level requirement on it... lol sigh, they just don't get it.

T6 build is pretty elusive right now. I want to make a build which can do rifts but getting all the right maxed gear is tricky.

I've maxed out my current set of gear with rerolls. I'm 0.5% off the max cc for gear, got nat's set, ashera's set, and auglid's providing defense. If I go all white gems, I drop to 1 mil + 35% fire and at least have 1800 all resist and 6400 armor which makes it "survivable"

You tell 'em, Steve Dave!

(Sorry, hadn't seen that posted in a while. Never forget!)

Never gets old and obviously my favorite line in that movie...That would also be a perfect movie to watch while farming.

Yeap, did get my answer. Thanks!

I get my enjoyment out of playing the game. Progressing through gear, getting upgrades, having a challenge from level 1. My friends just try to race to the max level, equipping hellfire rings and the biggest gems possible, etc.

He joins my game with his 70, i'm on my 39 DH, and starts rushing me.

I tell him, 'naw man, i don't want a rush-grab a character that's my level and lets actually play!'

So he comes back with a 41 Crusader, which has this 1.2k dps level 60 weapon with -19 level requirement on it... lol sigh, they just don't get it.
There's nothing wrong with the way you play, but I think for the majority of the people who play, "character progression" is at 70. I don't care about gear or progression pre-70 because it doesn't matter, you're going to replace it soon anyways. Just getting to max level doesn't mean anything - that's where all the fun starts with bounties, gears, builds, etc. So I understand how your friends feel. But if you want to play your way do it, just turn off auto-join :)

slowly trying to regear my barb to go from a lightning ww barb to a fire barb.. zzz

Tell me about it. I find SoH once it gets nerfed and a thunderfury as well. I was using fulminator prior to all of that.

I had a lot of lightning % dmg so I was still decent for solo play.

I am now switched over to fire. The only thing I'm missing is a devastator (and maybe a fire dmg SOJ), I'm using a TF and a 20% fire dmg Burning Sankis, Lut Socks, and 3 pc Earth set with RoRG. And Fire dmg gear (Cindercoat, magefist, fire dmg ammy).

Got through the campaign with my Witch Doctor (now level 51) over the weekend. Any particular runs you guys like for fast leveling?

Don't you have to have a level 70 character to do adventure mode? For leveling, the wretched mother's run in the first act is pretty quick. Probably get from 50-70 in under two hours if you have find someone to run you through at torment 1+.

My Wiz has been struggling to find upgrades, my only real progression in a week was gem upgrades. Up until this weekend I've been dry on set pieces, then I started finding set pieces left and right

chantandos force x 2
phoenix shoulders
phoenix shource

Unfortunately none were any real upgrade, I'd have to switch a lot of stuff around to go fire. I'm still loving arcane bursts with archon, so I'm just collecting a fire set for now.

Don't you have to have a level 70 character to do adventure mode? For leveling, the wretched mother's run in the first act is pretty quick. Probably get from 50-70 in under two hours if you have find someone to run you through at torment 1+.

Just gotta complete Act 5 once to unlock adventure mode, which doesn't require any particular level.

Back