Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Came across a few "bugged" witch doctors in the past few days. 800-900k paper dps, toughness like a piece of glass. Damage that makes Shard of Hate's "bug" look like a joke. They were facemelting upper torment levels with upwards of 100 million crit damage. Sorry, that's just plain wrong... SoH was good, but not 3 hit t4 boss good.

The WD was "hiding" from the group in one game I was in... he kept running from us killing elite packs in mere seconds then moving on. My DH finally caught up and I found him clearing the hp off an elite and rift boss in 1/3 segments. When I tried to confront him on the bug he bailed out of game before getting the xp bonus. He was also paragon 396 at this point with scattered gear for a WD that is a joke stats wise except for the Mask of Jeram and a Tasker and Theo which boosted pet damage.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10301921004

Came across a few "bugged" witch doctors in the past few days. 800-900k paper dps, toughness like a piece of glass. Damage that makes Shard of Hate's "bug" look like a joke. They were facemelting upper torment levels with upwards of 100 million crit damage. Sorry, that's just plain wrong... SoH was good, but not 3 hit t4 boss good.

The WD was "hiding" from the group in one game I was in... he kept running from us killing elite packs in mere seconds then moving on. My DH finally caught up and I found him clearing the hp off an elite and rift boss in 1/3 segments. When I tried to confront him on the bug he bailed out of game before getting the xp bonus. He was also paragon 396 at this point with scattered gear for a WD that is a joke stats wise except for the Mask of Jeram and a Tasker and Theo which boosted pet damage.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10301921004

I wouldn't know. I ran a WD today, and she seemed to be okay in T1. I run pets/locus/haunt build, and there was no appreciable difference in how she killed.

Master difficulty, she basically facerolled mobs, but T1 felt like T2 -- a lot slower, but not significantly slower.

My fetishes and pets were critting for hundreds of thousand, but I haven't seen any million crits. The only time I crit for 4m+ is when I activate my piranhas (the one with the gator).

This is with base 500k dps.

Hmm really? Even my barb with much less dps buffed is having no problems in T1.

But compared to other classes I feel really useless.

I guess I'll look into a new build. Those Archon builds seem pretty good for dealing damage.

I wish they would bring back the gold auction house. even when i do get items i want the rng hates me so they never end up being upgrades. Oh you got an item you want well guess what its not even close to being an upgrade.

I wish they would bring back the gold auction house. even when i do get items i want the rng hates me so they never end up being upgrades. Oh you got an item you want well guess what its not even close to being an upgrade.

I'd buy gold and gems on a cash AH. I've had so many shit rerolls I am out of certain gem colors and gold right now.

I'd rather just spend $10 and try rerolling again instead of farming for days just to get more gems and roll crap 20 times :p

Last edited:
I'd buy gold and gems on a cash AH. I've had so many shit rerolls I am out of certain gem colors and gold right now.

I'd rather just spend $10 and try rerolling again instead of farming for days just to get more gems and roll crap 20 times :p

As most normal people with Jobs would do.

The game turned from auction house tycoon to FarmVille. I farmed white items trying to find a lame ass diabio just to get a shit role.

The problem is people spend days farming get their efforts trampled on by someone who spends 5 bucks and they have time to be most vocal in the hatred for pay to avoid time wasters.

Last edited:
Funny how people want the AHs back now because of the shit rolls.

Why don't they just make the rolls better? Who would honestly think that was a bad idea?

Funny how people want the AHs back now because of the shit rolls.

Why don't they just make the rolls better? Who would honestly think that was a bad idea?

It is better

-Smart loot
-Increased drop rates
-Mystic rerolls to turn crap to good and good to amazing

But yet people still complain. If you make it better, and then amazing will be the new good, and good will be the new crap. Then again, the same people will start wanting "better" loot.

Sooo how many hours should you have to put in not getting upgrades before it's not "crying and whining" and is a legitimate concern about game design?

And if you make drops "better" you'll still hit a point where upgrades slow down to the rate you're seeing now. This is a mathematical certainty. Then what? Cry more until they make drops better again?

I just want to try the new abilities for all the items that grant abilities....No way for me to do that except by reaching the 10k hour mark. I'm already sitting at 2000+ hours.

even after 10k hours I still probably wouldn't have found them all.

The magic the gathering player in me like to think of a build and then build it. I can't do that if all of it requires gear I can't get.

Not really complaining though. I was fine with how it was. I'm fine with how it currently is.

If I had to chose between useful unique items they have now and easily accessible junk they had before I'd go 2.0.

And if you make drops "better" you'll still hit a point where upgrades slow down to the rate you're seeing now. This is a mathematical certainty. Then what? Cry more until they make drops better again?

Well I would expect upgrades to slow down once you can run T6...right now it's like, you can barely do T1 depending on the character, and you're seeing massive slowdown in upgrades. Just makes it feel like it's going to take thousands of hours of nothingness in order to eventually see something useful.

I just want to try the new abilities for all the items that grant abilities....No way for me to do that except by reaching the 10k hour mark. I'm already sitting at 2000+ hours.

even after 10k hours I still probably wouldn't have found them all.

The magic the gathering player in me like to think of a build and then build it. I can't do that if all of it requires gear I can't get.

Not really complaining though. I was fine with how it was. I'm fine with how it currently is.

If I had to chose between useful unique items they have now and easily accessible junk they had before I'd go 2.0.

This is exactly the problem. You have to play what drops now, you can't choose to get items for a build.

Same reason I stopped playing poe, because of a lack of a good trading system to acquire items.

This is exactly the problem. You have to play what drops now, you can't choose to get items for a build.

Same reason I stopped playing poe, because of a lack of a good trading system to acquire items.

yep.

And this isn't because of a lack to trying either. I get so many of the same legendary over and over again but the stuff I want the cool stuff has such a low drop rate. Its like you have a .01 % change to get a legendary and once you are given that legendary it then goes into a another 1% chance for it to be something good.

I'd love to see the code behind this as I guarantee its the farthest thing from pure RND out of all the ARPG's.

Well I would expect upgrades to slow down once you can run T6...right now it's like, you can barely do T1 depending on the character, and you're seeing massive slowdown in upgrades. Just makes it feel like it's going to take thousands of hours of nothingness in order to eventually see something useful.

I'm sorry but if you are having trouble running torment 1 you are doing it wrong. Either your gear is shit because you just hit 70 or you suck / your build is trash.

I was doing torment 1 rifts with relative ease 2 days after launch with a full set of yellow garbage and I barely knew how to play my class since I came back just for launch. Now with the increased legendary drop rates from blood shards and rifts doing t1 should be attainable quickly depending on how many hours you put in.

Finally gambled Ice Climbers last night after gambling boots for the past two weeks. Spent in excess of 10k shards.

So far my monk is doing alright in T1...did have some trouble this one time when three packs of Mallet Lord champions spawned on top of each other very close to a rift zone entrance. I got crushed :(.

I'm sorry but if you are having trouble running torment 1 you are doing it wrong. Either your gear is shit because you just hit 70 or you suck / your build is trash.

I was doing torment 1 rifts with relative ease 2 days after launch with a full set of yellow garbage and I barely knew how to play my class since I came back just for launch.

Yeah! You tell him! If someone didn't share your experience with a game they SUCK.

I salute you.

(and pray you're at least not older than 17)

Just beat the expansion last night with my Melee Demon Hunter on T1. I thought the expansion was great. I really liked the atmosphere and new monster models. I wish that the team that made it would have made the vanilla game instead. Overall , I am very pleased with the new additons, they were much needed.

But,

I though the ending was rather disappointing. I was expecting a Cinematic, Instead I got concept art......IMO Blizzard has gotten really lazy in this department. Cinematics used to be something that they were revered for, now it seems they have stretched themselves too thin. I guess they are focused on more important things like Hearthstone.:rolleyes:

Anyways, great expansion. I look forward to the next one & hope that they retain this development team for it.

If you're so starved for gear do normal bounties and get like a 100 cache. That does not take that long and you will likely get upgrades so that you can run T1 or T2.

Top 79 Americas monk according to diabloprogress.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/inferis-1925/Karma/571849

U1xGVPS.jpg

Getting really bored now though, probably will switch to my barb next.

Just got a crusader to lvl 70. Damn, to me they are so boring and ridiculously slow. I keep going back to my monk, he's fast, durable and doing roughly 500k damage. Which is okay for me.

Link to my guy, I JUST started a fire build. So restructuring all my gear atm.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nimravus-1216/hero/2006993

Crusader needs a swift kick in the ass, they severely overnerfed Crusader after hearing complaints in the beta of him being "too OP".

Top 79 Americas monk according to diabloprogress.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/inferis-1925/Karma/571849

U1xGVPS.jpg

Diabloprogress is to be taken with a grain of salt.

It shows me at 5030 in America, but I have 860k unbuffed with 83% lightning skills damage, 30% Sweeping Wind damage, and 28% Deadly Reach damage (my main damage dealer), which puts me at 1.58 million elemental damage and just shy of 2 (1.99 to be exact) million elite damage. Or I can put on my sheet dps inflating gear and hit 1.1million unbuffed using Mantra of Healing with like 19% skills damage. I rock anywhere from 1350 to 1559, depending what ring I am using, at 2.17 or 2.26 attacks per second. Toughness depends but is 7.6 million or 8.4 million depending on my rare ring versus my Stone of Jordan.

What I'm saying is elemental damage is now a much better damage booster than traditional crit chance, crit damage, and increased attack speed. I rock all of that where I can, but don't forgo on the elemental damage.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/harkamsu-1769/Harkamus/2619523

Last edited:
Got a shard on right now, but it is a terrible roll. It's only good for single target DPS.

Waiting for one more piece of Might of the Earth set before I use my ring of grandeur so I can leap to victory.. (hopefully) and switch my weapons out for devestator and burning axe of sankis.. if I ever find those.

Item rerolls aren't showing up properly. SOJ has CHD but I'm trying to roll CHC. If I can get Raekor's boots I can do 3 set IK and 4pc Raekor (I got the helm, shoulders, pants, and gloves... much rather have the boots..)

Last edited:
Just found thunderfury! Too bad the roll for lightning dmg was low... 297 or so.. damn if only it was over 300! I had to reroll the dmg because it was only 1900+ dmg.

So a question. As a DH is it worth keeping my Toughness up or should I just worry about Healing/DPS? Not sure where to go anymore in the new world and the RNG cock blocking me on gear.

Back