Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So I finally got around to enchanting my neck. Went from some pathetic amount of life on hit to 92% critical hit damage. Boosted my damage by 100k was pretty happy with that.

So I saw people linking to diabloprogress and checked it out. According to the site my monk is #142 Americas and #483 World

http://us.battle.net/d3/profile/inferis-1925/hero/571849

Less than 500 away from 1M profile unbuffed dps. Sitting in town I'm at 1.378M and in a full party and fully buffed I'm at ~1.8M or so. Running Ubers and rifts T4 and up, always looking for more people to run with. (add inferis#1925)

Resized image to 720P
34df201f2768b4b0aaa3245b284dfba6.jpg

Last edited:
My DH does that with fire walkers. In game I'm 1.242 mil dps and 10.5 mil tough. I've hit 915k dps unbuffed. Crits hit often around 2.2-2.8 mil and 7-9 mil with cluster. I have a few fire buff gear items which lower my dps numbers overall, but boosts the entangled shot and cluster bombs to 2.4-3mil crit and 8-10 mil crits respectively but lower rain of vengeance damage significantly. If I stick to what I got linked below, RoV does 2-3 million more damage which I feel on 8 hits every 30sec of 10+ mil each is much better.

At the 1 mil mark, T1-2 are basically facemelting for most things.

I got a royal ring and a puzzle ring doing the box thing the other day!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Slade-1404/hero/5315249

I HATE RNG sometimes, or maybe its the other way around. I have a 70 1 handed crossbow thats perfect for my level 55 demon hunter. Max Damage roll, near max dex roll, and a socket.

I have spent literally 4mil trying to reroll it for a reduced level requirement. roughly 90% of my rolls, are for increased hatred. Literally every other time both options are reduced hatred, and every time at least one is. Its bullshit sometimes they should add some smarts into that system

I HATE RNG sometimes, or maybe its the other way around. I have a 70 1 handed crossbow thats perfect for my level 55 demon hunter. Max Damage roll, near max dex roll, and a socket.

I have spent literally 4mil trying to reroll it for a reduced level requirement. roughly 90% of my rolls, are for increased hatred. Literally every other time both options are reduced hatred, and every time at least one is. Its bullshit sometimes they should add some smarts into that system

I understand your line of thinking here, but that is a waste of resources. You should just be concerntrating on getting him to 70.

Originally Posted by vasta
Can't have anything fun in this game, pretty sure when everyone was saying "Blizzard is killing diablo" was wrong, what is actually killing it is the absolutely fucking retarded community

Built a wizard around cold damage, they "fix" that
Switched to Barb for a bit and luckily got a SoH, so I built the character around lightning, nerfed it
Have a fire wizard also, but the community doesn't like fire so that will be on the chopping block eventually
Cindercoat, community doesn't like it
Wand of Woh, community doesn't like it
Maximus, community doesn't like it
Leap boots, community doesn't like it
Earthquake set, community doesn't like it

Yep, the community has been on of the biggest problems with what hurts this game. They bitched so much about the AH, RMAH, and gold traders that blizzard went complete retard the other way. Why teh fuck can we not trade in this game? Who gives a rip with someone wants to buy gold on the "black market".

All you guys hitting those gear walls, yeah good luck finding and farming the materials needed to tweak very specific parts of your builds. Or get that last set item. etc.

This drop system with a Gold Auction house would have been perfect.

/rant

I understand your line of thinking here, but that is a waste of resources. You should just be concerntrating on getting him to 70.

Yep, the community has been on of the biggest problems with what hurts this game. They bitched so much about the AH, RMAH, and gold traders that blizzard went complete retard the other way. Why teh fuck can we not trade in this game? Who gives a rip with someone wants to buy gold on the "black market".

All you guys hitting those gear walls, yeah good luck finding and farming the materials needed to tweak very specific parts of your builds. Or get that last set item. etc.

/rant

Getting to 70 is a whole lot faster if im playing on master and melting face than normal, almost...twice as fast infact!

I agree Blizz did maybe go to far in the opposite direction, I cant believe I havent found legendary upgrades for my wizard in so obscenely long, Ive been stuck in mostly yellows for 80+ paragon levels

/rant

RMAH and the AH needed to go. They should, however, allow in person trading.

RMAH and the AH needed to go. They should, however, allow in person trading.

RMAH yes, but GAH no it didn't need to go. They needed to redo loot in order to keep the inflation in check. They fixed everything but took the best avenue to exchange and look for items away.

With this system, if you didn't want to use the GAH you would not even have to touch it.

RMAH yes, but GAH no it didn't need to go. They needed to redo loot in order to keep the inflation in check. They fixed everything but took the best avenue to exchange and look for items away.

With this system, if you didn't want to use the GAH you would not even have to touch it.

What would be the point of legendary farming and rift runs and all the content they are planning on adding then if you could simply just buy the best items you wanted off the AH? I played for a month after release, got to 60 and used the AH to buy pretty much the best stuff I could find to faceroll content. After that, what was the point of playing? If you got drops, they were not upgrades because you already bought the best combinations available, just more stuff to put up on the AH or sell to the vendor. I literally had ZERO items I was using that dropped off something I killed. For a game about loot, not too fun.

With the current system, drops are something to try and obtain and there is a real thrill of discovery when you get something that is an upgrade or a sidegrade into starting a build you were wanting to try.

In person trading would, however, would promote some interaction of the playerbase and still offer an avenue to get the items you were wanting. Yes, it's more tedious. It's supposed to be. But not as tedious as someone who is on the verge of quitting from poor RNG luck for a specific drop they want.

What would be the point of legendary farming and rift runs and all the content they are planning on adding then if you could simply just buy the best items you wanted off the AH? I played for a month after release, got to 60 and used the AH to buy pretty much the best stuff I could find to faceroll content. After that, what was the point of playing? If you got drops, they were not upgrades because you already bought the best combinations available, just more stuff to put up on the AH or sell to the vendor.

With the current system, drops are something to try and obtain and there is a real thrill of discovery when you get something that is an upgrade or a sidegrade into starting a build you were wanting to try.

In person trading would, however, would promote some interaction of the playerbase and still offer an avenue to get the items you were wanting. Yes, it's more tedious. It's supposed to be. But not as tedious as someone who is on the verge of quitting from poor RNG luck for a specific drop they want.

With in person trading all youll get in chat anymore is trade spams

With in person trading all youll get in chat anymore is trade spams

Just make a trade channel or use some trade forums just like the old Diablo games. Small price to pay I think. I don't want to be the only stat that matters be gold find so I can farm gold to buy BIS. Or when I finally do get a drop, to know that I could have just dropped into the AH and bought the same or better in 5 minutes. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I just don't understand 2 handed swords in this game. I play as a barb and about 1/3rd of all my legendary drops are 2 handed swords.

2 handed swords are completely useless unless you're a Crusader. They essentially guaranteed that they will never boost 2 handed swords simply because Crusaders can use them as 1 handed weapons. IMO they should really drop for only Crusaders, they went from being a crappy but potential option for Barbarians to being completely class specific like a crossbow or staff.

Can't have anything fun in this game, pretty sure when everyone was saying "Blizzard is killing diablo" was wrong, what is actually killing it is the absolutely fucking retarded community

Built a wizard around cold damage, they "fix" that
Switched to Barb for a bit and luckily got a SoH, so I built the character around lightning, nerfed it
Have a fire wizard also, but the community doesn't like fire so that will be on the chopping block eventually
Cindercoat, community doesn't like it
Wand of Woh, community doesn't like it
Maximus, community doesn't like it
Leap boots, community doesn't like it
Earthquake set, community doesn't like it
I'm using a cold build focused around the Light of Grace offhand. The item isn't broken, and Ray of Frost is otherwise a useless skill without that item so I doubt my build's gonna get nerfed.

I just don't understand 2 handed swords in this game. I play as a barb and about 1/3rd of all my legendary drops are 2 handed swords.

Yup, same here as a Monk.

2 handed swords are completely useless unless you're a Crusader.

Maximus does not respect your opinion.

Yup, same here as a Monk.

Maximus does not respect your opinion.

I really would like someone to tell me how I am wrong. I mean, simply for the fact that dual wielding or sword+shield can give you two items with unique affixes instead of one is argument enough really.

Just make a trade channel or use some trade forums just like the old Diablo games. Small price to pay I think. I don't want to be the only stat that matters be gold find so I can farm gold to buy BIS. Or when I finally do get a drop, to know that I could have just dropped into the AH and bought the same or better in 5 minutes. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Allowing trading like that, you might as well have an RMAH. You'll get spam, trade channels will be spammed, and people will end up buying stuff with real money though non sanctioned means. An AH (gold or real money) is just facilitated trading. How is it any different than spending all day in chat spamming that you want a high roll tals chest piece or a new lvl 70 witching hour? Or going to D2JSP to find the best item you want?

But I guess perception is everything, as long as people dont think real money trading doesnt happen because it's not it font of them, they wont cry about it that the game is pay to win.

I really would like someone to tell me how I am wrong. I mean, simply for the fact that dual wielding or sword+shield can give you two items with unique affixes instead of one is argument enough really.

Have you seen someone using Maximus? The DPS from the fire chains between the wielder and the demon is ridiculous.

Allowing trading like that, you might as well have an RMAH. You'll get spam, trade channels will be spammed, and people will end up buying stuff with real money though non sanctioned means. An AH (gold or real money) is just facilitated trading. How is it any different than spending all day in chat spamming that you want a high roll tals chest piece or a new lvl 70 witching hour? Or going to D2JSP to find the best item you want?

But I guess perception is everything, as long as people dont think real money trading doesnt happen because it's not it font of them, they wont cry about it that the game is pay to win.

This is exactly correct actually. I watched a very interesting video on a study of the Chinese and NA free to play game market. The essential conclusion was this

Americans are not OK with direct pay to win. They are ok with pay to win in the following scenarios
-You must be able to "win" and get the best gear in game without paying money, even if the chances are much smaller.
-It is important to start new servers/zones/shards every few weeks to ensure people can start from scratch and fight their way to the top of that server/zone/shards player list

Those were the essential two conclusions.

For those that are curious, the Chinese were ok with direct pay to win, part of their culture I guess, they understand that life is fundamentally unfair.

Have you seen someone using Maximus? The DPS from the fire chains between the wielder and the demon is ridiculous.

I have not, I actually have one sitting in my chest right now, I think I kept it around in case I was able to come up with a good fire build for my Barbarian.

I have not, I actually have one sitting in my chest right now, I think I kept it around in case I was able to come up with a good fire build for my Barbarian.

I got one yesterday. Got awesome high rolls, but no socket on it... probably going to dump the attack speed bonus and keep it 20% FD, 1000+ STR and Vit.

Is there a good calculator somewhere for determining how much impact attack speed actually has?

Also is anyone doing Infernal Machines? I have 5 key sets in my stash but no one to multiply runs with, all my friends are obsessed with bounties. The only component I have so far is the one from the Fright realm.

So I finally got around to enchanting my neck. Went from some pathetic amount of life on hit to 92% critical hit damage. Boosted my damage by 100k was pretty happy with that.

I thought someone said that crit damage doesn't roll on stuff except weapons anymore and that it's maxed at 35%? Maybe i misunderstood.

I thought someone said that crit damage doesn't roll on stuff except weapons anymore and that it's maxed at 35%? Maybe i misunderstood.

It still rolls on rings and stuff. I upped my gloves from 28% to 43% CD a couple days ago.

I think someone said it no longer rolls on rare weapons, is maxed at 35% on Legendary weapons; and I don't think you can even add it with the enchantress to Legendaries, it has to roll them out of the gate?

2 handed swords are completely useless unless you're a Crusader. They essentially guaranteed that they will never boost 2 handed swords simply because Crusaders can use them as 1 handed weapons. IMO they should really drop for only Crusaders, they went from being a crappy but potential option for Barbarians to being completely class specific like a crossbow or staff.
Agreed. This is typical blizzard though. They did similar nonsensical stuff with resists because monks have that passive.

I would really like if i could find a kickass STAFF for my wizard. I really don't enjoy MH/OH setups because i don't see much payout from attack speed with specs i like.
It still rolls on rings and stuff. I upped my gloves from 28% to 43% CD a couple days ago.

I think someone said it no longer rolls on rare weapons, is maxed at 35% on Legendary weapons; and I don't think you can even add it with the enchantress to Legendaries, it has to roll them out of the gate?

Ahh okay, well then i like that change. I've been using a Skorn forever because it gives me almost 200% crit damage lol

CD tops out at 35% on weapons but the best place to get cd is on ammy's because it can roll up to 100%.

Apparently Blizz said tonight that they are nerfing SoH, I just got trolled hard...I looted a Thunderfury and a SoH within 20 minutes of each other tonight. :(

Those are still BiS items.

Now if I could just get some of your luck and another HOCPer that got a nearly perfect Moonlight Ward yesterday night for my Starmetal to drop.....

Now if I could just get some of your luck and another HOCPer that got a nearly perfect Moonlight Ward yesterday night for my Starmetal to drop.....

Yeah, that was me. My heart rate jumped about 30 points when I read the stats. Bar none the best thing I've found since I started playing. Disintegration build, so the arcane bonus is perfect.

6f2yjb.jpg

My buffed DPS went from 430k to over 800k over the course of 4 hours yesterday. Finally got socket to roll on my Slorak, then the Moonlight, and enough gold to start upgrading the gems in my armor.

Think we cleared 4 of the 5 acts running bounties and then jumped into a rift not long after getting four players. That rift was like loaded dice, dropping amazing things left and right.

Is it bad to use blood shards for weapons due to class restrictions, or am I overreacting since many usable items will also be salvage-bound anyway (like a normal 1H sword)?

Is there a baseline recommendation for toughness and resist matched to Torment levels? Like 5M and 750, 800 roughly.

Is it bad to use blood shards for weapons due to class restrictions, or am I overreacting since many usable items will also be salvage-bound anyway (like a normal 1H sword)?

Statistically speaking, 1H/2H are the worst gambling values if you need other slots. Especially if like me, as a WD, I'm going for not only a specific legendary, but also a specific weapon type. The pool for weapons is just far too large IMHO to justify using 15 shards when you could gamble 3x of any other slot.

One of the CMs has said they would pass on feedback to devs to either

a) lower the cost of weapon gambling
or
b) separate weapons similar to what they did for mojos/sources/quivers so that the pool isn't that large

Is there a baseline recommendation for toughness and resist matched to Torment levels? Like 5M and 750, 800 roughly.

Just as a point of reference, I was getting stomped as a Witch Doctor in T3 with 5 million Toughness. Killing stuff wasn't a problem with 800K sheet DPS (not accounting for +Fire and +Elite damage). I have my character built too much towards damage output right now.

Comparing DPS is hard since I am 800K sheet / 1.7 mill Elemental Elite...

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me. My heart rate jumped about 30 points when I read the stats. Bar none the best thing I've found since I started playing. Disintegration build, so the arcane bonus is perfect.

6f2yjb.jpg

I have that ammy, except that for the IAS, it has 500int.

It's especially awesome because of the arcane bombs... and since I'm a close range wizard anyway, the extra damage doesn't hurt.

Thing is, I don't think the illusions who spawn with the arcane bombs do any damage with their bomb.

I'll pass it on to you for some return luck on a Cindercoat, I also looted 2 decently rolled Thundergod's Vigor's in a row on Sunday :eek:..
spent about 8k shards for a Cindercoat with no luck though.

It's especially awesome because of the arcane bombs... and since I'm a close range wizard anyway, the extra damage doesn't hurt.

Thing is, I don't think the illusions who spawn with the arcane bombs do any damage with their bomb.

Speaking of weird illusion stuff -- my build includes mirror image and they successfully cast black hole, but after that they just sit there not doing anything. I figured they would use disintegrate.

That amulet is amazing even on a non-caster. I have a Vitality one on my Barbarian and that constant AOE dmg is absolutely ridiculous. Purple explosions going off every second.

Unfortunately I gave it to him after I already enchanted it, if I could change the Arcane damage to Lightning now I would. It might be a locked stat though like the fire damage on Magefist gauntlets.

Are you rolling a primary stat? I think reduced hatred is a primary stat. Reduced level requirement is a secondary stat, so you'll never see it since you're locked in rolling primary.

And XvM has it right, the time and resources spent trying to reroll reduced level (if you could), wont make up for the time it takes to hit 70. 55 -> 70 is easy sauce, cutting it in half with a powerful weapon wont save that much time in the long run.

I have a pending invite for <HOCP>. Have a 70 DH and Crusader, running T3 and T4. Ziontrain#1627

Back