• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

How is the WD considered Fast Farming?

I play all 5 characters and for me its like this.

DH and Monk tie for first
Barb
Wizard
WD
Crusader.

Most of those WDs that are fast farming solo T6 can 2-3 shot Rift bosses, 1-2 shot any elites.

Or they'll run a build with chicken, the leg that gives 50% ms on fear, etc and do a lower torment.

For example, I have one of these, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shukranis-triumph (Thanks again PitViper!) Great for downtime or not so densely populated rifts.
 
What renixinq said, plus:

Also, was going to save my 320 blood shards to try and gamble a belt for my DH, but then on a whim spent 'em all on amulets and gambled this for my Crusader! Took 4 re-rolls to get 10% crit chance but now it's super-sick:

Nice amulet. What's you're blizz account or have a link to your character? I'm jealous of your shield. I'm still trying to get one of those or a final witness.
 
Last edited:
I'm assuming this is solo...

There's no way Wizard is below those other classes. I don't see how Monk can be remotely close. It all of course depends on gear, but Wizard has by far the best skill efficiency and percentages.

Monk is my fastest Class. All you really need is Dashing Strike + Cyclone Strike + Lashing Tail Kick.

But you can also do something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wa0X5_qY5Q

What does a wizard have for speed? Teleport is kind of a joke.
 
Monk is my fastest Class. All you really need is Dashing Strike + Cyclone Strike + Lashing Tail Kick.

But you can also do something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wa0X5_qY5Q

What does a wizard have for speed? Teleport is kind of a joke.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I saw a monk doing that and it was ridiculous. The DH I saw was moving as fast, or faster, and had this trail of lava or something behind them that was melting mobs.
 
I'm down for this so I can try out a Mad Monarch's Scepter, though I'd rather do it on T1 so I can get loot while getting the Rift keys.

I wish I had purchased 50 million gold for like $6 before the Auction House went down. Gold is definitely turning into the bottleneck for me, re-rolling items is getting so expensive.

I thought the best way to do that was to just speed farm normal though. Same legendary drops and probability from the caches and many times faster.

Since they upped the legendary drops in rifts by 100%, pretty much the only reason to do bounties is if you need a bounty-specific legendary or you need rift keys, either one of which is massively more efficient on normal. All other legendary/gold farming should be done in rifts at a min diff of T1 (for the class set legs).
 
Monk is my fastest Class. All you really need is Dashing Strike + Cyclone Strike + Lashing Tail Kick.

But you can also do something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wa0X5_qY5Q

What does a wizard have for speed? Teleport is kind of a joke.

Pretty awesome but what Torment is he farming at? Drives me crazy that he didn't show it.

When I mentioned fastest I was talking about T6 though it probably holds true for lower torments except where certain builds (such as this monk one) will shine in possibly the lower torments.

Example of the 1.6b crit WD in T6 solo. I think he drops to T3-4 for parties.
http://www.twitch.tv/xzlayed

The fast DH ones revolve around sentry I believe.

And yea wizard MS is a joke. You have teleport (which works what....25% of the time? :p) and diamond skin sleek armor.
 
What renixinq said, plus:

http://i.imgur.com/OQLjH6Q.jpg[IMG]

Also, was going to save my 320 blood shards to try and gamble a belt for my DH, but then on a whim spent 'em all on amulets and gambled this for my Crusader! Took 4 re-rolls to get 10% crit chance but now it's super-sick:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f6TRhUF.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn that's a nice amulet
 
Most of those WDs that are fast farming solo T6 can 2-3 shot Rift bosses, 1-2 shot any elites.

Or they'll run a build with chicken, the leg that gives 50% ms on fear, etc and do a lower torment.

For example, I have one of these, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/shukranis-triumph (Thanks again PitViper!) Great for downtime or not so densely populated rifts.

What's the build you use to farm?
 
What's the build you use to farm?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/congalong-1581/hero/40759454

Farming T1s solo, T2/T3 in groups. Still deciding if I want to try out fire damage, getting tired of trying to hit 3 sockets on the cinder.

Really need Starmetal, MoJ, and tasker's to move up in difficulty. I still pretty much blow up rift bosses/elites though. :D

Most rifts I'm sub 10 minutes unless it's a really bad spawn where there's little to no mobs on each "floor"
 
Nice amulet. What's you're blizz account or have a link to your character? I'm jealous of your shield. I'm still trying to get one of those or a final witness.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/45096379

Oddly enough I gambled both Defender of Westmarch and The Final Witness in the same batch of shields shortly after they buffed Kadala's legendary chance/rate, so it seems I've had some nice luck with Kadala (plenty of fails too though). The Final Witness wasn't a good roll but the Westmarch shield was fantastic (31% block chance) and the one that I actually wanted anyway.

I would only change from DoW to a well-rolled Vo'Toyias Spiker since I'm stacking thorns damage (up to 21K right now and looking forward to an Iron Maiden buff) or perhaps an Eberli Charo since 40-50% CDR on Heaven's Fury would be nuts.
 
I have seen monks use this in T1 and T2 with the same speed as in the video.

I never said it's not possible to use it in Torment, just that the one in that video is definitely not running in Torment.
 
It's hard to beat the monk speed in normal. Thats what you should be doing for bounty legendaries. Difficulty has no bearing on Legendary drop rates for bounties.


Edit: Just to clarify. The items that drop from bounties are determined when the bounty rewared (after talking to tyrael). The "smart loot" properties are determined when the item is dropped (the bounty is open). The best way to find legendaries is to farm normal on your fastest class, bank them, and then open up the bounties on the class you want.

This is how i got an int ring of royal grandeur for my wizard. Speed farming on my monk
 
Pretty awesome but what Torment is he farming at? Drives me crazy that he didn't show it.

When I mentioned fastest I was talking about T6 though it probably holds true for lower torments except where certain builds (such as this monk one) will shine in possibly the lower torments.

Example of the 1.6b crit WD in T6 solo. I think he drops to T3-4 for parties.
http://www.twitch.tv/xzlayed

The fast DH ones revolve around sentry I believe.

And yea wizard MS is a joke. You have teleport (which works what....25% of the time? :p) and diamond skin sleek armor.

Anything above T1 is a waste unless you are looking for EXP or are so powerfully you can clear T2 about as fast as T1.

No clue who is fastest on T5 and T6.

DH and Monk are the kings of speed though when it comes to T1 and below. Dashing Strike alone puts the monk above all the rest.
 
It's hard to beat the monk speed in normal. Thats what you should be doing for bounty legendaries. Difficulty has no bearing on Legendary drop rates for bounties.


Edit: Just to clarify. The items that drop from bounties are determined when the bounty rewared (after talking to tyrael). The "smart loot" properties are determined when the item is dropped (the bounty is open). The best way to find legendaries is to farm normal on your fastest class, bank them, and then open up the bounties on the class you want.

This is how i got an int ring of royal grandeur for my wizard. Speed farming on my monk

The whole "smart loot" system thats in place...does that mean you should open the caches on whichever hero you want the item on? Stats should theoretically be more likely to be geared towards that class if the stats are decided when its opened. Is this true for identifying legendary items too? Or are those stats determined when the item drops.
 
The whole "smart loot" system thats in place...does that mean you should open the caches on whichever hero you want the item on? Stats should theoretically be more likely to be geared towards that class if the stats are decided when its opened. Is this true for identifying legendary items too? Or are those stats determined when the item drops.

I have been reading and stats are generated when an items drops, not when it's identified.
 
Anything above T1 is a waste unless you are looking for EXP or are so powerfully you can clear T2 about as fast as T1.

No clue who is fastest on T5 and T6.

DH and Monk are the kings of speed though when it comes to T1 and below. Dashing Strike alone puts the monk above all the rest.

I thought that was clear....? :p There are already people speed farming T6 due to how powerful they are (10 minutes or less to clear a rift). DH/WD/Barb are probably the top contenders. Really haven't heard much from Monks about T6 farming. Wizards are definitely one of the slowest T6 farmers, just above crusaders
 
I thought that was clear....? :p There are already people speed farming T6 due to how powerful they are (10 minutes or less to clear a rift). DH/WD/Barb are probably the top contenders. Really haven't heard much from Monks about T6 farming. Wizards are definitely one of the slowest T6 farmers, just above crusaders

I must be a scrub as I'm no where near close to being able to farm T6 fast enough to out loot my T1 runs.
 
I must be a scrub as I'm no where near close to being able to farm T6 fast enough to out loot my T1 runs.

Sounds like a big fish story to me. Even on normal clearing a rift in 10 minutes would be a stretch just because of the mob density.
 
Last night was a blast in T2 with a few HOCP members! Also shout out to pit who hooked me up with a legendary mojo :D Looking to farm it up tonight again. Probably run bounties to gather a ton of rift shards first though ;)

No problem on the mojo, knew you were running a WD and could use it, glad it was a good one for ya. :D
 
Sounds like a big fish story to me. Even on normal clearing a rift in 10 minutes would be a stretch just because of the mob density.

Yeah I'm calling BS too, people can't even clear normal for the 2 min achievement unless they use an exploit.
 
Sounds like a big fish story to me. Even on normal clearing a rift in 10 minutes would be a stretch just because of the mob density.

I got this achievement the first week of RoS release in torment 1. The one I can't get is the 5 minute achievement.
 
We were in T2 last night, it felt about the same as T1 for speed. We could have very likely done T3 without a problem. I'd rather do T2 or T3 and spend more time watching numbers fly around than do T1 (or lower!) and feel like I was spending my time running back and forth doing nothing.
 
I got this achievement the first week of RoS release in torment 1. The one I can't get is the 5 minute achievement.

I find it odd that torment works the way it does to begin with. I want to see some torment levels where you have to survive endless waves as long as possible and your reward is determined by how long you can go without dying. Or protecting NPCs from dying. Or preventing monsters from escaping. Some sort of missiony thing.

Wandering through IMMENSE zones looking for scattered fallen is tedious.
 
We were in T2 last night, it felt about the same as T1 for speed. We could have very likely done T3 without a problem. I'd rather do T2 or T3 and spend more time watching numbers fly around than do T1 (or lower!) and feel like I was spending my time running back and forth doing nothing.

That makes it take longer though. Efficiency wise rifts are kinda shitty if you aren't doing lawn mower mode. It depends how much damage you push out though. If there's virtually no difference in completion between 1 and 2, you do 2.
 
Sounds like a big fish story to me. Even on normal clearing a rift in 10 minutes would be a stretch just because of the mob density.

Check out a few of the top streamers.

I myself as Hark has said have gotten the 10 minute achievement on T1. Again, you could have terrible terrible luck and take 20 minutes on a normal rift just due to mob density. Especially if you're a wizard or crusader without fast movement skills that are spammable.
 
Just for fun, I just did the achievement in <5 min. 966k dps unbuffed, 1.3 mil in town.

2 min is a stretch. You need the perfect rift, 1 area, really crazy dense mobs. Maybe the briarthorn or oasis tile sets is necessary.
 
Yup, that's pretty much how it's supposed to work. I expect the build to shine in hardcore because you can save people (or yourself) by casting black hole on top of them and it will eat whatever monster ability is about to kill them. Never again will you hear stories of people being trapped by waller's walls and dying to molten explosions.

There are times where I literally run into arcane sentries or other monsters just to reset the illusion cooldown.

That's not very hardcore-like behavior...but then again, I'm in SC. :D
 
Apparently Blizz said tonight that they are nerfing SoH, I just got trolled hard...I looted a Thunderfury and a SoH within 20 minutes of each other tonight. :(
 
Can't have anything fun in this game, pretty sure when everyone was saying "Blizzard is killing diablo" was wrong, what is actually killing it is the absolutely fucking retarded community

Built a wizard around cold damage, they "fix" that
Switched to Barb for a bit and luckily got a SoH, so I built the character around lightning, nerfed it
Have a fire wizard also, but the community doesn't like fire so that will be on the chopping block eventually
Cindercoat, community doesn't like it
Wand of Woh, community doesn't like it
Maximus, community doesn't like it
Leap boots, community doesn't like it
Earthquake set, community doesn't like it
 
I'm assuming this is solo...

There's no way Wizard is below those other classes. I don't see how Monk can be remotely close. It all of course depends on gear, but Wizard has by far the best skill efficiency and percentages.

I think my Monk has 80% movement speed if I kill a mob. 25% from gear. 25% from using my resource spender. 10% from a passive and 30% if I kill a mob. Actually it looks like 90%. :) Now the character sheet might be lying to me. But that's how I specced him.
 
Dang... I'll have to try overhauling my Monk build to put some move speed in. All I have is the 11% from the Mudspitter shoes, or whatever they're called...

I got my dps in town up to 828k tonight. Finally got a 2 Socket to roll on my Depth Diggers.
 
Dang... I'll have to try overhauling my Monk build to put some move speed in. All I have is the 11% from the Mudspitter shoes, or whatever they're called...

I got my dps in town up to 828k tonight. Finally got a 2 Socket to roll on my Depth Diggers.

best way to get movement speed is though the paragon points...even better then from your boots.
 
Checked my achievements tonight. Turns out I do have the 5 minute rift clear achievement as of the first week of RoS. That was in torment 1.
 
Can't have anything fun in this game, pretty sure when everyone was saying "Blizzard is killing diablo" was wrong, what is actually killing it is the absolutely fucking retarded community

Built a wizard around cold damage, they "fix" that
Switched to Barb for a bit and luckily got a SoH, so I built the character around lightning, nerfed it
Have a fire wizard also, but the community doesn't like fire so that will be on the chopping block eventually
Cindercoat, community doesn't like it
Wand of Woh, community doesn't like it
Maximus, community doesn't like it
Leap boots, community doesn't like it
Earthquake set, community doesn't like it

There's a difference between items designed to be powerful (Cindercoat, Lut Socks, etc.), and bugged items that ignore proc rates or have their internal cooldowns bypassed/reset only in certain configurations (dual-wielding).

The Shard of Hate hotfix has nothing to do with what the community thinks.
 
Is there a clan most of you guys are in?

I'm part of Horadric Short Bus (HSB), which I can send an invite to you if you add me - Blizz ID in sig.

Others here are part of HardOCP (HOCP), if you're more inclined to join up with the biggest clan that's talked about in this thread.
 
Back
Top