Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I've been getting a fair amount of Leg drops in my T1 rift runs, but I havent found any upgrades in a while. I'm going full Arcane damage, it's a fairly powerful build that isn't click heavy. Archon saves me from bad situations and can burn down rift guardians in seconds. Currently at +54% arcane damage, it's hard to push it any further (possibly ammy if I could ever find a good one, even a good 6prop yellow can replace it).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deliverer-1886/hero/3900763

I have asheras gloves for another set piece, but the yellow gloves do more damage, and I dont need any more survival in T1 or T2.

No Torment set pieces have dropped yet, sad panda :(

I have pretty bad rolls for all helmets and ammys so far so I decided to get whatever cleans out T1/T2 effectively.

Rather than make a generic point on 'gearing up 101 class', how about giving me suggestions on what to shoot for? Also, would rerolling +vit for +allresist and +armor be viable?

Look at my Wiz for some ideas on how I gear up. Honestly there is so much you can do better. One thing is to start enchanting some of your gear to up/change some stats towards the build you like. Also don't worry about the XP right now this early in the stage. Put a purple gem is there to up your life. Do a bunch of adventure runs on normal to get rift stones then run the rift levels on Master. That should get you better gear fairly quickly.

PS: I'm at 863K dps buffed with 4.8mil toughness and 17k healing.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/pcjunkie-1409/atheron/20285773

lately all my legendary drops have been weapons, most of which aren't good replacements except for some of the NPC companions.. I haven't seen any good jewelry in a while.. I need to balance my wiz out with more cooldowns, more % for fire or electric damage, movement speed, attack speed, and more resistance.. maybe some more % dam vs elites also.. I'm only to expert level now but it's not the easy 'go into a pile of baddies and melt them all' fairly easily that expert was... I can't even imagine what the torment levels are like. :eek:

If you have 350K+ DPS or so, just jump into Public T1 Adventure Mode games and try to stay alive. As long as you look busy and don't die every 5 seconds, people will be fine with it. You will get gear faster (plenty of people in T1 faceroll it) and have access to the set items.

It's an online game, take advantage of other people's hard work. Then when you can do the same to help other people who need gear.

Last edited:
If you have 350K+ DPS or so, just jump into Public T1 Adventure Mode games and try to stay alive. As long as you look busy and don't die every 5 seconds, people will be fine with it. You will get gear faster (plenty of people in T1 faceroll it) and have access to the set items.

It's an online game, take advantage of other people's hard work. Then when you can do the same to help other people who need gear.

Well, I am working up to that... I am only at 150k DPS atm (lev 68) but I am reading on these various builds to angle on... I was just kind of winging it before with what seemed to work but working on a fire build now (shock pulse with the fire bolts rune)... I see over a million dam hits on baddies with my primary fire hit but my "sheet" dps is as I said, only 150k. But I think you're right I need to jump into adventure mode and play with others to get the most out of the game at this point..

Just have fun with it until 70. Once you hit 70 you can start honing in on a specific build. Even then, don't worry too much about the build because you're going to get all sorts of gear that might not be perfect for the build you want but might be an improvement for where you are at right then. I would suggest for anyone just getting to 70 to run bounties on normal for a while, at least until most of your gear is level 70 and you can blaze through normal bounties quickly. Running bounties also helps you get a good stockpile of gems/crafting mats/rift stones which is awesome because you're going to want to use the mystic. It's much easier to get gear with 3 good affixes and re-roll the other than to try and find a perfect roll. After that just start running rifts or bounties on the highest level you can blaze through and keep upping the difficulty as you see fit.

They do if you're not level 60. Butcher, Belial, and Asmo will all drop a guaranteed legendary your very first play through as long as you're under level 60. Diablo = 60, but not entirely sure as I never tried beating him anything higher than level 60.

None of those guys dropped anything while I was leveling up. Mathael or whatever his name is did and even the Skeleton King skipped my loot once when he was suppose to drop guaranteed legendary items. Maybe the game is still slightly buggy. :) All of my guys are at 70 and on this play through the bosses are dropping yellows and blues again. Just got to chapter 2 so I'll see what those set of bosses drop.

Yes, I selected to reset my campaign quests.

I just hit 70. Should I be running adventures to gear up or should i go to the rift? I am HC so I would rather not die... lol

Well, I am working up to that... I am only at 150k DPS atm (lev 68) but I am reading on these various builds to angle on... I was just kind of winging it before with what seemed to work but working on a fire build now (shock pulse with the fire bolts rune)... I see over a million dam hits on baddies with my primary fire hit but my "sheet" dps is as I said, only 150k. But I think you're right I need to jump into adventure mode and play with others to get the most out of the game at this point..

Once you get a few great Legendary items with skill or elemental damage, you will feel compelled to put them to good use. Then you can make a build around that whole collecting other items.

I just hit 70. Should I be running adventures to gear up or should i go to the rift? I am HC so I would rather not die... lol

Run Adventure Mode until you get some gear, you can get plowed pretty hard with unfortunate events in Rifts.

How come some people have >+1000 to a primary stat on their weapon or shield? Is that just a glitch in the character viewer or are there actually higher tiers of legendary items depending on what difficulty they dropped in?

How come some people have >+1000 to a primary stat on their weapon or shield? Is that just a glitch in the character viewer or are there actually higher tiers of legendary items depending on what difficulty they dropped in?

2 handers generally give 1000+ main stat on the weapon.

None of those guys dropped anything while I was leveling up. Mathael or whatever his name is did and even the Skeleton King skipped my loot once when he was suppose to drop guaranteed legendary items. Maybe the game is still slightly buggy. :) All of my guys are at 70 and on this play through the bosses are dropping yellows and blues again. Just got to chapter 2 so I'll see what those set of bosses drop.

Yes, I selected to reset my campaign quests.

Blue Quote

Yep, in Reaper of Souls the guaranteed legendary has been moved to Malthael. If you don't have the expansion, the guaranteed legendary still drops from Diablo after resetting your quests.

This is the ONLY guaranteed legendary, your first Malthael kill your first time, and the first time after every reset. You can only reset after completing all the story quests, so it's not an easily exploitable way to get legendaries.

From what I can garner being back only a few days, run adventure mode bounties on normal for rift key fragments - split groups do this relatively quickly in public runs. After you farm the rift key fragments, then up the difficulty to whatever you can effectively clear in the Rift. Repeat until you get the items you are looking for.

Last edited:
:D

I lol'ed.

Might be repeating for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. Hopefully that guy has better luck than me.

Journey and not the destination I suppose. The game is a lot more fun now but I can foresee some frustration setting in when the RNG gods frown upon someone.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still playing. I probably enjoy the game more than I should. However, I would say more people have bad luck with RNG than the little shits that have everything handed to them. I guess that's good for me because it keeps me playing unlike the other guy I keep alluding to that routinely finds everything. I'm guessing he'll get burn out within a month since he'll have gotten everything. Last night, the kid gambled a perfect lightning damage roll Won Khim Lau. It also rolled with spirit regen and area damage. Unfortunately, he made a bad call and rolled out the area damage for a socket instead of the spirit regen for a socket. He now has 103% lightning skills damage.

I am enjoying getting paragon levels. 325 right now. Not bad considering that's 75 since RoS launch for me, mostly spent without significant legendary upgrades.

I am slowly piecing together a lightning set for my monk. I finally got a Shard last night which is the first really significant upgrade in roughly 70 paragon levels, which are now 710+ million per level.

I'm blowing up t3 now. t4 is soloable for me for the most part, but elites can still get hairy. At least in my observation, the higher the torment, the more frequently elites use their skills. I've also noticed a lot more elites with the hard hitting combos like frozen bomb. Picture Izual's frozen bomb spam and you have a good idea of what to expect out of some packs in t4.

Yay, finally got a worthwhile weapon for my crusader but I don't know what to reroll to get an open socket.

Fate of the Fell
1263-1571 Fire Damage
+9% damage
+1082 Strength
Increases Attack Speed by 7%
+13 Maximum Wrath
Gain two additional rays of Heaven's Fury

Any idea what to reroll and what rune I should be using for Heaven's Fury?

Yay, finally got a worthwhile weapon for my crusader but I don't know what to reroll to get an open socket.

Fate of the Fell
1263-1571 Fire Damage
+9% damage
+1082 Strength
+13 Maximum Wrath

Reroll the attack speed into a socket.

Fate of the Fell
1263-1571 Fire Damage
+9% damage
+1082 Strength
+13 Maximum Wrath

Nice! Currently I have my choice of Fate of the Fell, The Mortal Drama, and Schaefer's Hammer for my crusader, and triple Heaven's Fury beams takes the cake. I use the Ascension rune for high damage and mass AoE. Apply Provoke - Charged Up shortly after casting HF.

As for rolling a socket, personally I would re-roll the attack speed. I had an unlucky streak and it took 14 souls to roll mine so hopefully you do better!

Nice! Currently I have my choice of Fate of the Fell, The Mortal Drama, and Schaefer's Hammer for my crusader, and triple Heaven's Fury beams takes the cake. I use the Ascension rune for high damage and mass AoE. Apply Provoke - Charged Up shortly after casting HF.

As for rolling a socket, personally I would re-roll the attack speed. I had an unlucky streak and it took 14 souls to roll mine so hopefully you do better!

ooo nice. I would love a Mortal Drama since I enjoy the Lord Commander passive and all the related skills. Beggars can't be choosers though so I'm stuck using Heaven's Fury for now. D:

ooo nice. I would love a Mortal Drama since I enjoy the Lord Commander passive and all the related skills. Beggars can't be choosers though so I'm stuck using Heaven's Fury for now. D:

I'm currently running a CDR/Thorns/Block build, with Fist of the Heavens as my main spender: build.

Profile/gear can be seen here. Biggest quality of life improvement for a Crusader that I've found thus far is Reaper's Wraps bracers.

Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] ?

Yes, WoW's first ever legendary item is an actual item in Diablo 3 now. It has the same proc as the WoW sword and the same graphic. It is a very powerful and sought after sword.

I've been using the blackhole build that someone posted in this thread for a while.

It's real fun, especially in public rifts. I've essentially turned myself into a support wiz, and I just cast blackhole/illusions/spectral blade (I'm an arcane wiz, not fire as specified in the original blackhole build) everywhere. There's so many blackholes going on at the time that I wasn't killed by a arcane or monster special powers, even when they're casting it on me. Even if a stray shot hits me, my hp is low enough (~260k hp) that I can just cast another illusion....and there goes another round of 4 blackholes. :D

Yup, that's pretty much how it's supposed to work. I expect the build to shine in hardcore because you can save people (or yourself) by casting black hole on top of them and it will eat whatever monster ability is about to kill them. Never again will you hear stories of people being trapped by waller's walls and dying to molten explosions.

Yes reroll the IAS as everyone else has said. I roll with fires of heaven for a shotgun build. I have to devote a lot to keep my wrath up (provoke, shield glare, reaper wraps, etc.) but I can burst down elites pretty well. My blizz account is renixinq#1812 if you want to see what I've got setup. I'm sitting at 750k DPS in game and 12m toughness. I can blow through T2 no problem but T3 still feels a bit slow until I get some more +holy (bracers and jewelry) and +heaven's fury damage (chest). I'm also going to start stacking some cooldown reduction so I can keep judgement up more often and drop some crit change on my jewelry for +holy or something else. It's a pretty fun build even though I'm not blowing through T4.

If you use the Heaven's Fury rune that splits the beam into 3, does that weapon just provide 2 more beams or does it copy the rune making you have 9 beams?

And speaking of Thunderfury, got one 30 seconds into playing last night with a socket. Had a ridiculously good RNG night, On my Wiz I went from 600k dps/8 mil toughness (buffed) to 800k dps/12mil (buffed) toughness. I found an upgrade for almost every piece of gear and got the re-roll I wanted after 1-2 tries. Only my Shoulders, Rings, and Amulet weren't upgraded. On my crusader I re-rolled a socket on the legendary weapon first try. It was blowing my mind, totally made up for losing my DH Saturday. I didn't want to stop playing...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/purebooyah-1946/hero/41014630

I'm dying for a Ring of Royal Grandeur, and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sick of AFKers in split cache runs. If any of you folks want to serial run just Act 1 split bounties, I'm game for that. I'm Azazel#1330 in game (in clan HOCP too), so just add me. Usually on most nights between about 930pm-1am eastern.

Is demon hunter pretty much the defacto bounty farming class? I was doing split bounties last night and would zone in every once in a while to a BH farming when they killed a treasure goblin or whatever and they were literally moving so fast it was incredible. My wizard was pathetic speed wise, comparatively. I can kill stuff extremely fast, but my movement speed to get around and clear is relatively slow and I am disintegrate which is slow for the channel.

Last edited:
I'm dying for a Ring of Royal Grandeur, and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sick of AFKers in split cache runs. If any of you folks want to serial run just Act 1 split bounties, I'm game for that. I'm Azazel#1330 in game (in clan HOCP too), so just add me. Usually on most nights between about 930pm-1am eastern.

I'm down for this so I can try out a Mad Monarch's Scepter, though I'd rather do it on T1 so I can get loot while getting the Rift keys.

I wish I had purchased 50 million gold for like $6 before the Auction House went down. Gold is definitely turning into the bottleneck for me, re-rolling items is getting so expensive.

Last edited:
Last night was a blast in T2 with a few HOCP members! Also shout out to pit who hooked me up with a legendary mojo :D Looking to farm it up tonight again. Probably run bounties to gather a ton of rift shards first though ;)

Is demon hunter pretty much the defacto bounty farming class? I was doing split bounties last night and would zone in every once in a while to a BH farming when they killed a treasure goblin or whatever and they were literally moving so fast it was incredible. My wizard was pathetic speed wise, comparatively. I can kill stuff extremely fast, but my movement speed to get around and clear is relatively slow and I am disintegrate which is slow for the channel.

Wizard and Crusader are the slowest farming classes from what I've read. DH and WD are the fastest currently.

If you use the Heaven's Fury rune that splits the beam into 3, does that weapon just provide 2 more beams or does it copy the rune making you have 9 beams?

What renixinq said, plus:

OQLjH6Q.jpg

Also, was going to save my 320 blood shards to try and gamble a belt for my DH, but then on a whim spent 'em all on amulets and gambled this for my Crusader! Took 4 re-rolls to get 10% crit chance but now it's super-sick:

f6TRhUF.jpg

Wizard and Crusader are the slowest farming classes from what I've read. DH and WD are the fastest currently.

How is the WD considered Fast Farming?

I play all 5 characters and for me its like this.

DH and Monk tie for first
Barb
Wizard
WD
Crusader.

How is the WD considered Fast Farming?

I play all 5 characters and for me its like this.

DH and Monk tie for first
Barb
Wizard
WD
Crusader.

I'm assuming this is solo...

There's no way Wizard is below those other classes. I don't see how Monk can be remotely close. It all of course depends on gear, but Wizard has by far the best skill efficiency and percentages.

Back