Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Broke the 800k on bnet and 5.4 tough:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Slade-1404/hero/5315249

in game, its 1.1 mil, and 9.9 mil tough... what's so hard about using the same calc in game as outside...

for damage, tough to beat a lvl 60 witching hour... I've got some damage specific belts, but it only affects 1 attack, or type, and even with the max modifier possible, its only 15%, the witching hour is just 3-4% less than that but across all attacks meaning I dish out more damage and regen my main faster. It'll take a lvl 70 witching hour a lot of special stats to outdo the old one.

Defensively, I've made enough leg belts to get a max ar/dex with vit which can boost my tough to 12 mil which puts t4 as playable but just not efficient. loot/hr is weaker, good for leveling in groups though.

Step 1 done, what's step 2. :D

Play campaign mode and finish Act 5. If you can be 70 before the final boss kill, you guarantee yourself a level 70 legendary.

In other news, I finally hit the 1 million dps milestone (self buffed, no follower). I took the slow road to get there and focused on survivability. I am using glass cannon, but have plenty of armor and resists to make up for it at the moment. Also, the force weapon that shields is AMAZING when you have a fast attack speed. Can't find an offhand for the life of me, though...

Hopefully I can up my crit damage in the next few weeks... I have none on my gloves or rings so there is room to grow.

WizardStats_zps41573836.jpg

Play campaign mode and finish Act 5. If you can be 70 before the final boss kill, you guarantee yourself a level 70 legendary.

In other news, I finally hit the 1 million dps milestone (self buffed, no follower). I took the slow road to get there and focused on survivability. I am using glass cannon, but have plenty of armor and resists to make up for it at the moment. Also, the force weapon that shields is AMAZING when you have a fast attack speed. Can't find an offhand for the life of me, though...

Hopefully I can up my crit damage in the next few weeks... I have none on my gloves or rings so there is room to grow.

-snip-

Impressive! and a Wand of Woh... i'm jealous. :eek:
However, i recommend you attempt to get more armor, you will see your survivability increase by a lot if you start increasing your armor. Mitigation is key! It makes every point of life worth more

Yeah I'm in catch-up mode because I only was able to install/play RoS since yesterday. Need to get my DH to 70 (it's my main), but I think all my old pre-RoS legendaries are gonna have to go. My lvl60 Vile Ward is so small time lmao. Just picked up an Etrayu...but that still doesn't seem to be a big DPS increase. I have 1/3 the all res, 1/8 of the damage of Slade's DH...I am a sad panda.

But I guess I am about 2-3 weeks behind everyone right now, so we'll see haha.

Impressive! and a Wand of Woh... i'm jealous. :eek:
However, i recommend you attempt to get more armor, you will see your survivability increase by a lot if you start increasing your armor. Mitigation is key! It makes every point of life worth more

You're absolutely right. My balance between AR and armor is a bit skewed at the moment. I do run Blur, which helps a little.

Lately I've been so lazy that I only run public games on T1 or T2, and I can literally face tank everything at those settings even with glass canon on, so I opted for the increased DPS. Once I get my damage up a bit higher, I'll take it off and focus on gaining a bit more armor.

The Wand of Woh (literally one of my first lvl 70 drops, thanks RNG!) is hilarious. However, I don't see myself running it at higher torment levels due to the need to get in so close for it to be useful.

Bosses don't drop a guaranteed legendary on the first kill. That is a myth. If they are supposed to then Blizzard needs to refund my 5 characters a bunch of loot.

Bosses don't drop a guaranteed legendary on the first kill. That is a myth. If they are supposed to then Blizzard needs to refund my 5 characters a bunch of loot.

The Skeleton King used to have a guaranteed drop, but it was moved to Diablo in patch 2.0.3, and later to Malthael. If you really want to, you can use the "reset quests" button and campaign your way to a guaranteed legendary, though there is no guarantee that it will be any good of course.

Malthael always drops a legendary after a quest reset or new game.

what has blizzard done to prevent someone from resetting quests and then getting in someone else's game and beating the end boss?

what has blizzard done to prevent someone from resetting quests and then getting in someone else's game and beating the end boss?

It's per character, so if you kill the boss and then someone else resets their quests and you go with them to kill the boss it won't have any effect on you. But if you're taking about two legendary drops back to back, they haven't done anything to prevent that. It's just that your next malthael kill (your third drop) will require a full play-through. There's no way you can game the system to get endless easy legendarys

It's per character, so if you kill the boss and then someone else resets their quests and you go with them to kill the boss it won't have any effect on you. But if you're taking about two legendary drops back to back, they haven't done anything to prevent that. It's just that your next malthael kill (your third drop) will require a full play-through. There's no way you can game the system to get endless easy legendarys
I may have worded that poorly. I was trying to ask what happens if I complete through Malthael, then reset my quests, and then my friend takes me through Malthael again, what prevents me from getting a second legendary? or a third and fourth depending on how many friends I have that are willing to take me through the end boss every time I reset?

I may have worded that poorly. I was trying to ask what happens if I complete through Malthael, then reset my quests, and then my friend takes me through Malthael again, what prevents me from getting a second legendary? or a third and fourth depending on how many friends I have that are willing to take me through the end boss every time I reset?

You have to finish every quest to reset. So yes, it works the first time (you can skip straight to the end), but after that you have to do the entire campaign again.

You need to complete all the quests for it to work. The "reset quests" button also doesn't appear unless you complete all the quests.

ah, the back to back legendary drop that Suprfire was referring to

I haven't reset my quests and I don't plan on resetting them. Adventure mode seems to be more bountiful anyway for anyone thinking about doing that trick :) Also, my tip contribution is to break *everything.* The legendaries I've gotten have been a few from killings, one from SK, Diablo, and Malthael each, and then the rest from pots, chairs, bone piles and things like that. Far more numerous from those places than the rest.

You can't do a quest reset without completing all of the quests. You can fake this once, then you are blocked from repeating it until you drain a few hours into campaign mode.

As of now is it still worth chest farming, ive not even tried it but i am thinking of doing it later, had pretty MEH luck so far with legendaries and set items.

wrong.. Its a guaranteed drop for Maltheal if its a first time kill or if you reset your entire quest and start from act I again.

What's this now?

So on your first reset, you can just go straight to the end of A5 and re-kill Malthael?

Yes. You get a guaranteed Legendary on each "quest" Malthael kill (i.e. the kill that completes the quest).

You can only reset quests if you have all of them complete, so assuming you had all your quests complete the first time you killed him, you could reset and immediately skip to his quest with a friend and "quest" kill him again. Once you've done that you would have to complete all the remaining quests you skipped before you could reset quests again.

What's this now?

So on your first reset, you can just go straight to the end of A5 and re-kill Malthael?

That is correct. I did it with Diablo pre-ROS. You just can't reset it again until after you re-do every quest in the game.

You need way more toughness, healing and life. It looks like you sacrificed everything just for dps. I think you need a lesson in gearing up 101 class.

I have pretty bad rolls for all helmets and ammys so far so I decided to get whatever cleans out T1/T2 effectively.

Rather than make a generic point on 'gearing up 101 class', how about giving me suggestions on what to shoot for? Also, would rerolling +vit for +allresist and +armor be viable?

They do if you're not level 60. Butcher, Belial, and Asmo will all drop a guaranteed legendary your very first play through as long as you're under level 60. Diablo = 60, but not entirely sure as I never tried beating him anything higher than level 60.

I have pretty bad rolls for all helmets and ammys so far so I decided to get whatever cleans out T1/T2 effectively.

Rather than make a generic point on 'gearing up 101 class', how about giving me suggestions on what to shoot for? Also, would rerolling +vit for +allresist and +armor be viable?

You only need as much toughness as it takes you to stay alive in the content you want to be doing.

How much Ray of Frost do you really use? You are heavily focused on that one ability.

You only need as much toughness as it takes you to stay alive in the content you want to be doing.
Yup, currently comfy with T2, but targeting to be able to do T4 in groups easily for more XP.

RoF pretty much stays on permanently as long as I hit 2 or more enemies with it.

Yup, currently comfy with T2, but targeting to be able to do T4 in groups easily for more XP.

RoF pretty much stays on permanently as long as I hit 2 or more enemies with it.

Your toughness would be really low for me in T2. I have to get in pretty close for Firebats spam though. If it works for you in T2, just try to double it for T4 as a basic benchmark. Once you have enough HP to survive a few big hits, start piling on Armor and AR. Also keep in mind INT gives you AR as well, so high INT gear also helps your survivability a bit.

You have some gear itemization being wasted on +XP gear now as well. You are better off getting better damage or toughness stats and doing higher torment levels to get more XP.

Here is my character currently farming T2:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ocellaris-1324/Jawfish/42944548

Last edited:
Yeah my toughness is heavily dependent on Unwavering Will right now (20% armor and allres if you're not moving for 1.5 seconds).

I'm waiting to junk the Hellfire Ring as soon as I can find a better ring. Having a lot of bad luck on drops for a while already... picked up half a dozen Azurewraths and lots of shoulders, but no jewelry or helm.

lately all my legendary drops have been weapons, most of which aren't good replacements except for some of the NPC companions.. I haven't seen any good jewelry in a while.. I need to balance my wiz out with more cooldowns, more % for fire or electric damage, movement speed, attack speed, and more resistance.. maybe some more % dam vs elites also.. I'm only to expert level now but it's not the easy 'go into a pile of baddies and melt them all' fairly easily that expert was... I can't even imagine what the torment levels are like. :eek:

Back