Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

You have to salvage level 61-70 legendaries to get the forgotten souls (100% on salvage), that or complete rifts and have a chance for the last boss to drop one.

AHH! damn ok.. that would be it then. Oh well.. I wasn't using that stuff anyways.. not like I can sell it either. :/

PS: in other D3 news.. I chased a treasure goblin somewhere on the battle fields of eternity I think... I knew it was a bad idea but I was feeling kind of like doing something stupid but fun.. anyways, I had a train of baddies like I had never seen chock full of elites and all kinds of badness behind me.. I think the enchantress took a dump down the leg of her poofy pants.. anyways.. I finally killed the goblin after crossing about 1/2 of the map (I kept getting stunned and the goblin would get just out of reach for sec) and went into archon mode and roasted every last one of the train members... it was a helluva a fight. wish I could have video'd it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a more "active" wizard build. I followed one online where I use enchanted (magic) weapon with + damage, Familiar with +damage, Archon with damage increase, Frozen Orb, Magic missle with freezing rune... Energy Armor with damage boost. Its pretty much just spamming frozen orb and magic missle in combat except when you pop archon, kinda boring

There are quite a few. here are some examples. You can pretty much pop on any wizard skill and its good.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WdhOSj!eiZS!acccca
You can pop in Energy twister - Gale Force instead of wave of force and Black Hole - Blazar instead of explosive blast if you prefer those.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UPNOSj!ViZc!caaccZ
or you can do just the lightning attack and use nova to hold them still
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UYhOSj!YiZS!cccccc

This one is pretty solid.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#URYTSj!UiZS!YbcZcY

If you are looking for something that allows you to use a lot of buttons this build is for you.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WlhYNP!RiZS!YccZac

And that is why Wiz needs to be toned down. My weaker wiz can compete toe to toe with my barb which is sad. lol.

I think it's mainly that the Wizard skills feel "fun" and aren't frustrating to use.

My WD:
Zombie bears? Burn mana way too fast and hard to get "full" benefit.
Pile on? Annoying to aim
Pestilence/Haunt? Let me just run around until they slowly die zzzz
Pet builds? Fun but doesn't scale well.

What the deal with the performance of this game? I'm mostly pegged at 60 fps but when i get into an intense fight with alot of mobs and effects going on all over the place it dips into the 20s and stutters like shit! My hardware is more than enough to run this game at 60 all the time...game is installed on the SSD as well.

What the deal with the performance of this game? I'm mostly pegged at 60 fps but when i get into an intense fight with alot of mobs and effects going on all over the place it dips into the 20s and stutters like shit! My hardware is more than enough to run this game at 60 all the time...game is installed on the SSD as well.

limitations of the game. It has been this way since launch. those instance are few and far between so I never really worry about it.

It's sad to see such lack of imagination from people pretending to be experts regurgitating the same tired and boring cookie cutter builds. Let me share this wizard build that allows you to face tank pretty much anything. You negate ALL, yes ALL elite pack and even boss abilities. Black hole event horizon even eats the blue missile barrage and shadow wing ability of Malthael.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aNkSjO!YdSi!cbZYaZ

Magic missile/conflag: This is your main dps source. Conflag dots stack and combined with the fire damage of Familiar/Sparkflint + Magic weapon/Ignite I have seen WHITE damage ticks of 11million+(I run Torment 6 Core of Arreat with it). You can go for force weapon if you are the kind that likes to see inflated paper doll numbers but ignite is much better dps on higher torments because the mobs have high HP. Pro tip: You want a Mirror Ball on your offhand :)

Black Hole/Event horizon: Like I said above, this ability eats ALL mob abilities. It eats, plague pools, frozen bombs, waller walls (yes that's right), poison enchanted grids, arcane beams, molten mob fire trails and explosions, you name it. It even eats all of the end bosses abilities.

Mirror image/Duplicates: This is what makes this build so much fun. They refresh ignite ticks and all 4 of them also cast Black Hole/Even horizon on mobs/packs as well, which means they are constantly being juggled in the air and there are virtually no ground effects or zone denial abilities to dodge/avoid which make you run around like a retard using the cookie cutter build.

Magic weapon/ignite: Already explained above, it keeps burn damage going refreshing the stacks of conflag.

Familiar/Sparkflint: More dps and fire dmg to keep conflag going.

Energy armor/Pinpoint barrier: More crit for more dps but you can use any other rune you want if you are squishy like Force armor or Prismatic armor.

Passives:

Illusionist: Resets the cooldown of mirror image/teleport so anytime you take a moderate hit, the images spam black hole and refresh your magic weapon conflag ticks as well.
Unwavering will: Since you are face tanking in place things or moving very little this helps tremendously.
Audacity: Same logic, mobs will be in your face so 15% free damage to them works nicely.
Last passive can be anything you want. On low torments I run Glass Cannon. On high torment I run Blur for less damage taken or if we have a barb I run Evocation to reduce the cooldown on Black Hole and mirror images.

If you are squishy you can opt for any defensive runes on the abilities above. And as a general rule stacking cooldown reduction past 20% is not recommended as it hits dimishing returns pretty hard.

Have fun

It's sad to see such lack of imagination from people pretending to be experts regurgitating the same tired and boring cookie cutter builds. Let me share this wizard build that allows you to face tank pretty much anything. You negate ALL, yes ALL elite pack and even boss abilities. Black hole event horizon even eats the blue missile barrage and shadow wing ability of Malthael.

Magic missile/conflag: This is your main dps source. Conflag dots stack and combined with the fire damage of Familiar/Sparkflint + Magic weapon/Ignite I have seen WHITE damage ticks of 11million+(I run Torment 6 Core of Arreat with it). You can go for force weapon if you are the kind that likes to see inflated paper doll numbers but ignite is much better dps on higher torments because the mobs have high HP. Pro tip: You want a Mirror Ball on your offhand :)

Black Hole/Event horizon: Like I said above, this ability eats ALL mob abilities. It eats, plague pools, frozen bombs, waller walls (yes that's right), poison enchanted grids, arcane beams, molten mob fire trails and explosions, you name it. It even eats all of the end bosses abilities.

Mirror image/Duplicates: This is what makes this build so much fun. They refresh ignite ticks and all 4 of them also cast Black Hole/Even horizon on mobs/packs as well, which means they are constantly being juggled in the air and there are virtually no ground effects or zone denial abilities to dodge/avoid which make you run around like a retard using the cookie cutter build.

Magic weapon/ignite: Already explained above, it keeps burn damage going refreshing the stacks of conflag.

Energy armor/Pinpoint barrier: More crit for more dps but you can use any other rune you want if you are squishy like Force armor or Prismatic armor.

Passives:

Illusionist: Resets the cooldown of mirror image/teleport so anytime you take a moderate hit, the images spam black hole and refresh your magic weapon conflag ticks as well.
Unwavering will: Since you are face tanking in place things or moving very little this helps tremendously.
Audacity: Same logic, mobs will be in your face so 15% free damage to them works nicely.
Last passive can be anything you want. On low torments I run Glass Cannon. On high torment I run Blur for less damage taken or if we have a barb I run Evocation to reduce the cooldown on Black Hole and mirror images.

If you are squishy you can opt for any defensive runes on the abilities above. And as a general rule stacking cooldown reduction past 20% is not recommended as it hits dimishing returns pretty hard.

Have fun

interesting, kinda slow pace but i'll try it out tomorrow.

Game had two hotfixes applied as of a few hours ago.

- Chest runs were nerfed, core of arreat is basically not worth running now.
- Rifts now have a +25% chance to drop legendary items, though honestly it feels even higher than that.

I did a few rift runs on T2 with 4 people, which before the hotfix would usually only net a few legendaries overall. Personally I found 3 legendaries on a single floor (from crates), and every player had found around 2 legendaries in a single rift. One had found 4 by the end.

Repeated runs gave similar results, with the average being around 2 per person per run. The rift guardians also seem to have a noticeably higher chance to actually drop legendaries, and they were dropping a soul over half the time, compared to maybe 10-20% before.

Between this, the planned tiered rift system, and the planned improvement of legendary crafting material drop rates (to equal Death's Breath), things are really looking up. Rifts didn't seem to have much of a point before but now they feel rewarding.

interesting, kinda slow pace but i'll try it out tomorrow.
It isn't slow when your regular magic missiles hit for 2.5M lol. :p
You are making the mistake of playing this build like the cookie cutter build, don't. Run around an entire map and drag as many mobs as you are comfortable with and kill them all at once. Your mirror image cooldown will be up all the time from all the ranged mob dmg you will be taking. Also as soon as your mirror images have cast their black holes spawn a fresh set of them.

It isn't slow when your regular magic missiles hit for 2.5M lol. :p
You are making the mistake of playing this build like the cookie cutter build, don't. Run around an entire map and drag as many mobs as you are comfortable with and kill them all at once. Your mirror image cooldown will be up all the time from all the ranged mob dmg you will be taking. Also as soon as your mirror images have cast their black holes spawn a fresh set of them.

What would you recommend for paragon points?

Game had two hotfixes applied as of a few hours ago.

- Chest runs were nerfed, core of arreat is basically not worth running now.
- Rifts now have a +25% chance to drop legendary items, though honestly it feels even higher than that.

I did a few rift runs on T2 with 4 people, which before the hotfix would usually only net a few legendaries overall. Personally I found 3 legendaries on a single floor (from crates), and every player had found around 2 legendaries in a single rift. One had found 4 by the end.

Repeated runs gave similar results, with the average being around 2 per person per run. The rift guardians also seem to have a noticeably higher chance to actually drop legendaries, and they were dropping a soul over half the time, compared to maybe 10-20% before.

Between this, the planned tiered rift system, and the planned improvement of legendary crafting material drop rates (to equal Death's Breath), things are really looking up. Rifts didn't seem to have much of a point before but now they feel rewarding.

That's awesome news. I was avoiding rifts due to lack of interesting drops.

Passives:

Have fun

Why would you choose pinpoint rune over prismatic? Prismatic makes the energy shield even more effective and more tanky. I mean I understand Crit damage and all, but I just like to tank! :)

Lorien I have not played D3 since last year.
I picked up the expansion and will install it tonight.
I have a level 60 wiz will the build you are saying work with old gear as I level up to 70?
Any pointers on using it?
I can't get to your link till I get home, work won't allow it.

The build requires two passives that aren't unlocked 'til 64 and 66 and black hole event horizon is not unlocked 'til 65 so your dmg output will be lower but it's doable. For early levels I'd stick with the cookie cutter electrocute/frozen orb build.

Why would you choose pinpoint rune over prismatic? Prismatic makes the energy shield even more effective and more tanky. I mean I understand Crit damage and all, but I just like to tank! :)

If you want to be more tanky you can easily modify it. Use magic weapon/deflection, Energy armor/prismatic and Blur passive. Your dps will just be lower.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a more "active" wizard build. I followed one online where I use enchanted (magic) weapon with + damage, Familiar with +damage, Archon with damage increase, Frozen Orb, Magic missle with freezing rune... Energy Armor with damage boost. Its pretty much just spamming frozen orb and magic missle in combat except when you pop archon, kinda boring

You could use Audacity, so you're more vulnerable. Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade...

So, if you can play with friends, or whoever, the odds of getting legendary stuff is ridiculously increased.

I got my monk up to like 660kdps standing in town and 5mil or so toughness I think. The link isn't updated or something.

It is so awesome to see creative affixes to legendary items now!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skyvalley-1789/hero/38266334

I have been looking for a good 2hander for ever I wish I had one of those.

Though I did find inna's Armor to go with my inna's pants last night.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

The dream is 2 set Raiment and 4 set Inna's

I "discovered" a build I consider to be really fun and satisfying with my DH last night, after some tinkering.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acTOlS!Tfei!YbZZYc

It may not be the best build or whatever, but it was a lot of fun.

Somewhat similar to my build, but with only level 60 skills. I have gear that boosts Hungering Arrow and I actually use the Blood Vengeance passive and Bat companion to maximize Hatred regen, so I can use Rapid Fire almost exclusively. I also focus on crit chance and crit damage, so that with Rapid Fire you are getting crits all the time due to how fast it hits. Works well for me. I actually use Vault and Fan of Knives (also have gear that boosts damage on it) to vault into a pack, use Fan of Knives with the stun rune to stun them, and then pop Rain of Vengeance - Anathema (or sometimes slightly before I Vault in) to blast the shit out of them.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10290629036#19

While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes.

Also, 50% bonus exp this weekend. I'll be out of the country and unable to play for a week... damn.

Time for some monktalk. I started leveling my 60 monk and hit around 68 in a few rifts.

Can anyone give me some pointers on my monk? He's 69 now and elites are beginning to get a bit scary on Expert.

My build:
Way of the Hundred Fists - Fists of Fury (not really sure why I use this, suggestions?)
Dashing Strike - Quicksilver / Barrage (LOVE this skill would like to keep)
Serenity (a life-saver on hardcore, don't think I can afford to drop this. Rune suggestion?)
Seven-sided Strike - Fulminating Onslaught (seems to melt Elites and I like its style but maybe something better here?)
Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm (my only real AoE and it's low maintenance so I use it but don't mind swapping this out for something)
Mantra of Healing - Boon of Inspiration (my gear sucks so the Life on Hit helps out)

Near Death Experience (dying would be bad on HC)
One With Everything (helps my gimp resists)
Resolve (I really don't know what to use here)

I know my build probably sucks since it's just a mix of crap I like to use. The only skills I'm really attached to are Dashing Strike, Serenity, and Seven-sided Strike. Is there a build I can center around these three skills?

I went with a party-buffing build on the premise that my pitiful ungeared DPS wont do much, but I can help the OP wizards kill even faster. Turns out to be true ;)

-Circle strike with the 10% damage boost
-Unity passive to boost self and teammate DPS.
-Forbidden Temple for the 30% damage boost.
-Serenity with the team shield (funnels team damage to you, and you are invulnerable).
-Cyclone with extended-range, to pull in enemies for everyone else to clobber
-Retaliation aura with 10% attack speed boost. Overpower doesn't work with Unity so this seemed like a good alternative.

Sweeping Wind, OWE, Resolve, and a Water Ally to keep me alive.

So allies get between a 15% and 45% damage boost depending on cooldowns, a 10% attack speed boost, 100% of their weapon damage on blocks/dodges/hits (crusaders really benefit), and damage shields when things get crazy. Plus all the mobs are neatly sucked into tight packs to kill more efficiently.

I was browsing equipment and came across the Firebird's Finery Set. I want it.

Link to shoulders

These two procs would be so fun:

(4) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.
(6) Set:
Enemies killed by Fire damage explode and set nearby enemies on Fire, dealing 300% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

Plus, running around like a Phoenix is pretty awesome in and of itself.

Hazzah! They fixed the 2h dealing 1h damage problem. Well, per the patch notes.

During Adventure Mode - is it worth doing those bosses with the skull icon on the map even if they're not part of the bounty location?

During Adventure Mode - is it worth doing those bosses with the skull icon on the map even if they're not part of the bounty location?

Definitely. I've gotten legendaries from act bosses that are not part of the bounties. It's another chance at loot, why would you pass it up?

Just got RoS installed and all my old chrs are screwed up
On all my old chrs I don't have the correct skills listed

Where it should be
primary secondary
defensive force
conjuration mastery

I have
primary force
defensive defensive
conjuration mastery

how do I fix this mess.

TLDR on that blue post: don't get to comfortable Wizards...

Really? This post was TLDR for you?:

"While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes."

I assume this means that they'll over-correct many skills and heavily nerf the one rune that makes the class work at the moment: Provoke - Charged Up.

Currently running this build farming T1 in HC: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aedlQX!ahUT!aZYaba

Back