Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yeah I can immediately spot some problems with your gear. The initial impression I get is that it's schizophrenic as hell; as if you have no idea what exactly you're looking for in terms of stats or you want a little bit of everything.

You have to look at item slots as stat potentials, don't focus too much on the legendary status. For example, your quiver has absolutely no critical hit chance on it. That, to me, is absolutely unacceptable as a Quiver is one of the easiest slots to get at least 8% or more CC. It wouldn't be difficult to find a rare Quiver that is much better than your current Legendary.

The same goes for both of your rings. Neither of them have critical hit chance or damage, which severely limits your damage potential. In fact, your total critical hit chance is 19.5% which is extremely low; you should be aiming at 40%+. Stacking Attack Speed is not going to work when your damage output is low to begin with.

I wouldn't agree with increasing your toughness. It's perfectly fine for T1, you probably just find yourself dying often because you don't have the damage to kill elites fast enough and they're wailing on you the entire time.

Add me in-game if you need some advice with gear or whatever, I'm playing quite a bit these days so I'll be on often: Renegade#1197

Where can you find information regarding slots and stats you should have in those slots? Im at a loss with how to gear my wizard at this point

When playing solo, it seems like Master is right when the game goes from being normal to simply becoming tedious. Boss fights that take me 3-4 minutes on Expert take 3-4X that on Master and higher.
I'm not necessarily having any more trouble (just blues/yellows that trap you with area effects) but things just seem to be taking forever.
While the gear you get is technically better, I'm not honestly sure if it justifies the time to do it. Hell, I'm not sure if I even want to play it much more with the same character. I made it to the last act on Nightmare before the patch entirely solo and I think I'm reaching the end of the line with my 'ol Barbarian.

No you actually don't get better gear until you play on torment difficulties. You are just getting more xp/imperial gem drops/double bloodshards by playing on master/expert instead of normal. So I'd suggest dropping it down to normal and doing runs until you get better gear.

Where can you find information regarding slots and stats you should have in those slots? Im at a loss with how to gear my wizard at this point

This is an excellent rundown of gear and stats: http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2014/04/03/reaper-of-souls-gear-basics/

tl;dr

Main: Available in all slots. Desired on all slots, but as with anything else, you won’t have perfect items everywhere; sometimes you can go without it when an item has other good stats.

Crit damage: Only available on Amulet, Ring, Gloves, and weapon (in the form of a socket). Because of how important this is to the CC/CD engine, having CD in these slots should be a priority.

Crit chance: Amulet, Ring, Gloves, Bracers, Helm, and Offhand/Shield. Once your CD is high, CC is quite strong. Having the Main/CC combo in most or all of these slots is a very solid foundation for good damage.

+% Element damage. Bracers and Amulet. Quite important for any build that can make use of them.

Worth noting that many Legendaries break these conventions, for example, while Helmets can't normally roll +Elemental damage, Andariel's Visage will always have the +Poison damage affix and it can be rerolled to any other element.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trifecta amulet dropped for me today, first time I've ever had a trifecta item drop for me.
18qswn.png

This game has improved in quality a great deal from the original vanilla release, too bad we had to wait 2 years for it to get to this stage.

How do you guys get so many top-tier gems? Hours and hours of farming?

Marquise and Imperial gems drop in RoS, then it's 3.6m gold to upgrade to highest tier gem (from Imperial) or 4.2m (from Marquise). Generally gold is the limiting factor for gems in RoS.

If you're talking about non-RoS, then yeah, either hours of farming (you need over 200 Flawless Square gems to make one Perfect Star), but most people just bought tons from the AH.

My Wiz is sitting at a good 1.2-1.3 mil dps self buffed when standing still with +25% arcane damage. She's built for single target archon farming (like manglemaw).

Got a good triumverate. It was a good upgrade from my 60 chantandos, but i'm not maximizing it until I get a good Black damage legendary.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763

Stacking 38% fire dmg (18% bracers + 20% fire soj with 26% elite dmg) my sorc is at 1.4M+ in town. Stacking for pure sheet dps she's at 1.6M+. I kinda stopped playing my sorc once she could farm T3 comfortably though and started working on my monk which is slowly catching up, he's now up to 1.17M unbuffed in town. If anyone feels confident they can run Torment3+ rifts, add me, I'm always looking for people to do runs with.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Inferis-1925/hero/2539700

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Inferis-1925/hero/571849

Yea I run T3 solo quite a bit. Only 1.3mil DPS though, but its doable.

1.6mil Lorien? I am JEALOUS!

How do you guys get that insane toughness????? My monk sits at like 4.7 toughness....LMAO. I can do T1 fine, but anything above that I get raped. My resists are like 500-640 and 7200 armor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Skyvalley-1789/hero/38266334

Start trying to stack double resists (i.e. all resist + secondary resist) for your One with everything passive. in some cases, a piece of gear can be decent or a great upgrade depending on the secondary resistance. Don't undervalue armor either, a ratio of 10 armor per 1 all resist is optimal. Shoot for ~900 all resist / 9k armor. Attack speed (and two 1-handed weapons) are preferable for their increased attacks per second in relation to life-on-hit which is a large amount of your sustainability.

In my opinion, Torment 1 is still the most efficient and any torment above it is a waste.But i can see where you're coming from if you feel like you need a challenge or something.

dYOShj5.png

My advice is to play at the difficulty where you can one-shot lesser mobs and spend about 5-10 seconds killing an elite pack. Faster rift clears means more blood shards means more ka-rng-dala, as well.

YMMV or... YRNGMV :D

Start trying to stack double resists (i.e. all resist + secondary resist)

Double-resists don't roll anymore (silly IMO) - aside from special cases like Thundergod's Vigor.

Here's my Monk, nothing amazing, but my in-game toughness is around 9-12 mil (depending on gear swaps for diff builds).

That chart makes a lot of sense. I can still play on the higher difficulties...but it takes FOREVER to get anything done. Even easy 2-3 minute boss fights can take up a whole afternoon in a hurry.

I really need to start farming torment and higher for my barb. Interesting to see that I already have the best helm for him, though.

In other news, this little side project of mine is almost done:

Screenshot022.jpg

I've been farming T1 in all yellow gear :D

I had a theory that if you were totally legendary free it might up your odds of getting them significantly, is that what you're experimenting with?

I suspect some kind of algorithm to monitor what u are buying/modifying via shards etc.

I wanted nat's weapon, and dead man's legacy quiver and got it yesterday.

Prior to that I was working on pants and got pants, boots and got boots and belt... so you see how my build progressed on what I was kinda trying to purchase/modify and eventually each pieces kinda fell into place in the past 6 days.

I had a theory that if you were totally legendary free it might up your odds of getting them significantly, is that what you're experimenting with?
I've had days where 5-6 legendaries dropped for me in rapid succession. I've had others where I got nothing. So odd how it all works.

I've had days where 5-6 legendaries dropped for me in rapid succession. I've had others where I got nothing. So odd how it all works.

Honestly I think your magic find/places you run mean nothing. It really seems to me like it works on a timer more than anything else.

It started off with me trying to get a few legendary items before redoing all of my gear to support them. That turned into "trying to fill up a bank tab" which then turned into "waiting for the first balance patch".

So maybe tomorrow I will ID everything and go from just under 500K DPS to well over a million :eek:

I suspect some kind of algorithm to monitor what u are buying/modifying via shards etc.

Prior to that I was working on pants and got pants, boots and got boots and belt... so you see how my build progressed on what I was kinda trying to purchase/modify and eventually each pieces kinda fell into place in the past 6 days.

I wish that were the case. I've been hoping to find myself a Bul Kathos Solemn Vow to finish the set, but so far hitting Kadala with as much weapon gambling as possible seems to have me finding anything BUT weapons when I'm doing rifts. Whereas before I only got weapons and nothing else. lol

It would be nice if there was some way to improve your odds for finding set gear. I don't see good odds on ever completing any without trading anymore.

I wish that were the case. I've been hoping to find myself a Bul Kathos Solemn Vow to finish the set, but so far hitting Kadala with as much weapon gambling as possible seems to have me finding anything BUT weapons when I'm doing rifts. Whereas before I only got weapons and nothing else. lol

It would be nice if there was some way to improve your odds for finding set gear. I don't see good odds on ever completing any without trading anymore.
That last line is my biggest issue with this game.

That last line is my biggest issue with this game.

I understand they're trying to kill the secondhand market that they had in D2, but if you're going to do that you have to be more accommodating to players being able to acquire the things they're after, not just playing the lottery for ten thousand hours.

I suggested on the forum that the guaranteed legendary you get doing quest resets should detect if you're wearing set gear and have high odds of dropping a piece from said set.

Seems like I've gotten many less legendaries that don't suck since dinging 70. Still running around with quite a few level 66-69 legendaries equipped on my monk.

Seems like I've gotten many less legendaries that don't suck since dinging 70. Still running around with quite a few level 66-69 legendaries equipped on my monk.
For me, they haven't all been on the same character, and they've been varying degrees of suck. But it's weird how it works out.

Also, random question: In damage comparisons, do they take effects into account? Like, I have a 1H axe with a bleed effect. Hard to tell if it takes that into account.

I'm still using a lvl 60 Moonlight Ward. I think they removed it from the game entirely at lvl 70 because the AOE may have been deemed overpowered.

Also, random question: In damage comparisons, do they take effects into account? Like, I have a 1H axe with a bleed effect. Hard to tell if it takes that into account.
No, it doesn't. Any stat marked with an orange diamond is not counted towards your paper doll dps.

I doubt that there's any type of code that "watches" you. The code, data storage needed per character, and handling all the edge cases would not be feasible to maintain. Same thing for timers, too many edge cases with various play styles.

RNG is RNG is RNG. I got a bunch of legendaires that were upgrades, and a bunch that were not. I've had to roll a ton to get stats I wanted (costing over 1mil per roll, I should've stopped way before that) and gotten perfect rolls on legendaries on a few tries.

Huh, interesting that the drop rate for Death's Breaths is only a little bit more than twice as high in T1 than in Normal. Gots to do me some stat rerolling, so looks like some speed runs in Normal is the way to go.

Indeed...I think I've gotten more legendaries out of pots and random shit like that than actual bosses or resplendent chests.
That's one thing that pisses me off. If you're running something, and people don't stop to hit pots and what not.

I've got 4 set items this week-end from random pots/piles. None from the actual elites/bosses.

I think the blues said the high end chests are broken. The cursed ones seem especially bad.

I will say I've gotten more Legendaries out of white chests and random trash piles than any other method by at least a factor of 10.

Apparently you should always have a monk with that "break everything" AOE whirlwind thing going 24/7.

I think the blues said the high end chests are broken. The cursed ones seem especially bad.

Geez, I hope so. Resplendent Chests always seem to drop junk.

I will say I've gotten more Legendaries out of white chests and random trash piles than any other method by at least a factor of 10.

Apparently you should always have a monk with that "break everything" AOE whirlwind thing going 24/7.

Agreed on both accounts!

Indeed...I think I've gotten more legendaries out of pots and random shit like that than actual bosses or resplendent chests.

Yea it's pretty silly. I'm glad they decided to make it so barrells actually drop stuff, but like with everything blizzard they go full retard in one direction or the other.

What is gold income like at 70? People talking about 1mil to do a stat re-roll... how big is your average pile of gold on the ground?

Back