• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yesterday I looted a Goldwrap belt for my wiz:

Armor: Base 487
Life: 15%
Regen 973 Life per/sec
32% extra gold from monsters
Increases Spectral Blase Damager by 15%
On gold pickup: Gain Armor for 5 seconds equal to amount picked up (I can go from base 5.5m toughness to 10m toughness for 5 seconds)



I also used bloodshards (~150-200) and got a legendary shoulder:

Armor: base 986 / +389 Armor
Intel: +432
Resist to all Elements: +93
Ranged/Melee attackers take 3482 dmg per/hit
Increases Blizz Dmg by 14%
Your Items are indestructible.
 
I do find Wiz pretty boring to play, what with so many passives on the active bar almost required on higher difficulties, but I can't get any damn gear for my Monk! :mad: I really like her gameplay so much better, but the system hates me. Stuck at 233k paper DPS and ~5M toughness, and I can't handle much more than expert smoothly.

Just did 5 horadric caches using my wizard with some fine people from HOCP last night, popped them with my Monk, and got nothing but a legendary ring that increases my block rate by 15%. I would save it for my Crusader but the primary stat is Dex!

So frustrating. At least I'm (slowly) leveling paragon, so it doesn't feel like a complete waste of time.

Ah cool, whats ur in-game account name? I think i was playing with u last night. I got that set ring.

We gotta get more cache runs going, was fun and a quick way to get loot.
 
Random question about Adventure Mode - is there a way to actually "complete" it? I've cleared out two areas, but as soon as I leave the game and come back, everything seems to be back where it was with the completed missions back.
 
I finally got around beating Act V on my crusader last night and boy was it was underwhelming. The game mechanics and the time sinks are well done, but the story is just generic. Malthael as a character has very poor exposition other than the main story driven by quests and some journals you find. Even Tyrael sound depressed.

The fight with Malthael was ok but as a boss I thought Diablo as lame as he was, was more of a challenge. They just gave Malthael some cheap close range AOE attacks that hit like a truck that you can avoid unless you have terrible ping. There is no strategy to the fight or that "Give a crap" feeling once he dies.

Having said this I feel that I am getting my $40 worth. Just my two cents. Blizzard needs to hire better writers. I know this is a loot centered game but the source material is not being fleshed out in the game.
 
Random question about Adventure Mode - is there a way to actually "complete" it? I've cleared out two areas, but as soon as I leave the game and come back, everything seems to be back where it was with the completed missions back.

If you finish the bounties on all 5 Acts, nothing happens. You have to restart the game to get new ones.
 
Ah cool, whats ur in-game account name? I think i was playing with u last night. I got that set ring.

We gotta get more cache runs going, was fun and a quick way to get loot.

I'm Azazel. Thanks for the group, good times indeed.
 
Blizzard needs to hire better writers. I know this is a loot centered game but the source material is not being fleshed out in the game.

I don't think they want to set the precedent that Diablo is going to be story-driven. The very fact that the ending implies the hero is going to be the next bad guy again pretty much respins the entire premise of the series in terms of plot. Oh well.

Personally, I like the side quest mini stories.


Random question about Adventure Mode - is there a way to actually "complete" it? I've cleared out two areas, but as soon as I leave the game and come back, everything seems to be back where it was with the completed missions back.
You don't complete adventure mode. It's just a series of random quests (bounties) and randomly generated dungeons (rifts).
 
I refuse to play the flavor of the month. I have it at level 70 but its so ridiculously easy to play right now that I'm not going to bother. I'll stick with my barb for the eventual buff.

Plus I found one piece of Raekor's set tonight!

A mage or wizard for Blizzard? Flavor of the decade.
 
I don't think they want to set the precedent that Diablo is going to be story-driven. The very fact that the ending implies the hero is going to be the next bad guy again pretty much respins the entire premise of the series in terms of plot. Oh well.

Personally, I like the side quest mini stories.



You don't complete adventure mode. It's just a series of random quests (bounties) and randomly generated dungeons (rifts).

I like the universe but I'm starting to wonder if the game engine is simply is not designed to provide deep game mechanics with story. Basically what I am saying is that Diablo 3 is a shallow kiddie pool for an RPG's. Yeah I know duh.
 
A mage or wizard for Blizzard? Flavor of the decade.

Truth. Wizard has been OP in D3 since launch. Most diverse range of viable playstyles, least reliance on gear, and a farming machine of death and destruction.
 
I don't think they want to set the precedent that Diablo is going to be story-driven. The very fact that the ending implies the hero is going to be the next bad guy again pretty much respins the entire premise of the series in terms of plot. Oh well.

That was a red herring... the main message is Imperius is a dick, and Diablo 4 will have you playing as a demon in the eternal conflict.
 
So I beat Act V yesterday on my monk who is now level 63ish. What should I be doing now? It looks like they took out the requirement of having to beat the campaign again to unlock nightmare and hell? Should I just be doing Hard Adventure Mode or something?
 
So I beat Act V yesterday on my monk who is now level 63ish. What should I be doing now? It looks like they took out the requirement of having to beat the campaign again to unlock nightmare and hell? Should I just be doing Hard Adventure Mode or something?

I havent reached it yet, but basically once you beat the game you have a few options. The Priority for most people is gear which means getting to 70 and then mostly running adventure mode and increasing the difficulty as your able to handle through torment 4.

You can reset the campaign and play it through again at a higher difficulty if your char is able to handle it, or just run adventure mode to hit 70. Torment is the hardest difficulty and has 4? difficulties within in. The higher the difficulty in Torment the higher the percentage of legendary and set drops
 
So does the game auto-adjust to my level before I hit 70? Once I do hit 70, can the lower difficulties drop all the end-game loot but just at a lower percentage?
 
the main message is Imperius is a dick

They went a little overboard with Imperius.

Hey, so I need you to do something for me because I don't want to. You totally suck and I hope you die or whatever, I don't really care. But hey, good luck out there! P.S. I hate you.
 
So does the game auto-adjust to my level before I hit 70? Once I do hit 70, can the lower difficulties drop all the end-game loot but just at a lower percentage?

Yes, you can adjust the difficulty. I believe class specific set items only drop on Torment 1 or higher. You can still get all other legendaries at lower difficulty.
 
I havent reached it yet, but basically once you beat the game you have a few options. The Priority for most people is gear which means getting to 70 and then mostly running adventure mode and increasing the difficulty as your able to handle through torment 4.

You can reset the campaign and play it through again at a higher difficulty if your char is able to handle it, or just run adventure mode to hit 70. Torment is the hardest difficulty and has 4? difficulties within in. The higher the difficulty in Torment the higher the percentage of legendary and set drops

There are 6 Torment levels (making for 10 difficulties total).

Each level of difficulty increases monster difficulty, xp gain, and gold drop rate. Also some levels allow drops not available in lower levels. Once you get to Torment levels, the only differences are difficulty, xp, and gold so if you are after drops, it is best to farm the highest torment level that doesn't slow you down.

If a torment level is slowing you down you should drop the difficulty unless you are already at Torment 1. If you drop below torment, certain high level legendary and set items cannot drop anymore.

If Torment 1 is to difficult, your goal should be to gear up enough that you can get Torment 1 on farm status.
 
So does the game auto-adjust to my level before I hit 70? Once I do hit 70, can the lower difficulties drop all the end-game loot but just at a lower percentage?

The game scales enemies to your level and drops loot for your level of character.

If you join a friend's lower level game, you will get loot based on their level.

Fastest way to 70 is to join public Adventure mode games at the highest difficultly you can handle until you get to 70.
 
They went a little overboard with Imperius.

Hey, so I need you to do something for me because I don't want to. You totally suck and I hope you die or whatever, I don't really care. But hey, good luck out there! P.S. I hate you.

In other words, Imperius is the emo lord of Heaven?
 
Was able to level super quick yesterday in one bounty run and a rift. Still only 38, but it's super quick for me. Really enjoying the Wizard. Went back to the DH to farm some jewels and was disappointed with him haha.

I'm really enjoying this expansion. Super satisfied.
 
That was a red herring... the main message is Imperius is a dick, and Diablo 4 will have you playing as a demon in the eternal conflict.

Chaotic Good Crusader? Yes please.
 
Last edited:
That was a red herring... the main message is Imperius is a dick, and Diablo 4 will have you playing as a demon in the eternal conflict.



I was thinking that they are potentially setting up for faction based play. They couldn't get PvP in this game or expansion but the next? With the Nephalem basically stated to be given the choice of hero or villan, it very much makes it seem that way.
 
Last edited:
Key and body part drop rates are just stupid.

Took about 5 hours to get 4 machines between 3 people.

Battled all 4 ubers at T5 and I didn't get a single body part and it took FOREVER.

Here is my wizard Uber build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

Damage actually sits somewhere between 800k and 900k and Hydra, Blizzard, Electrocute, and Familiar does a constant stream of amazing damage.


Just as an FYI the step up from T5 to T6 is a mother fucker. I don't know the exact scaling but I do know my team handled T5 without so much as an issue but were completely decimated at t6.
 
Last edited:
In other words, Imperius is the emo lord of Heaven?

He's lazy, avoids responsibility, lays guilt trips on heavy, and doesn't give a fuck.

Give him a smartphone and have him say "like" every third word and he's a teenage girl.

I don't know the exact scaling...

Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, 75% extra gold bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 100% extra gold bonus, 100% extra XP bonus
Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 200% extra gold bonus, 200% extra XP bonus
Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% extra gold bonus, 300% extra XP bonus
Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% extra gold bonus, 400% extra XP bonus
Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% extra gold bonus, 550% extra XP bonus
Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% extra gold bonus, 800% extra XP bonus
Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% extra gold bonus, 1150% extra XP bonus
Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% extra gold bonus, 1600% extra XP bonus
 
Trying to craft a Helm of Command for my Crusader since I want the block chance more than anything else. Now my problem is that I need 60 Iridescent Tears per craft, yet everything above ilvl 60 that is salvaged produces Veiled Crystals...there's gotta be a way to get Tears other than rolling a new character and salvaging rares, right? I can't think of one.
 
Trying to craft a Helm of Command for my Crusader since I want the block chance more than anything else. Now my problem is that I need 60 Iridescent Tears per craft, yet everything above ilvl 60 that is salvaged produces Veiled Crystals...there's gotta be a way to get Tears other than rolling a new character and salvaging rares, right? I can't think of one.

I don't believe the old tears are account bound, so I'm sure someone would be able to give you some.
 
Trying to craft a Helm of Command for my Crusader since I want the block chance more than anything else. Now my problem is that I need 60 Iridescent Tears per craft, yet everything above ilvl 60 that is salvaged produces Veiled Crystals...there's gotta be a way to get Tears other than rolling a new character and salvaging rares, right? I can't think of one.

Nope. That is part of their plan to remove all the old stuff. You'd need to start a new character.

Best to just move on and attempt to find the ever impossible to find new plans.

I for one will miss the auction house and trading as you only get to experience a small fraction of the gear in the game without them. With the auction house and trading I was able to try pretty much every piece of gear....though at the time the gear sucked. Now that the gear has cool abilities I'd love to be able to try them out.
 
I tied playing the other classes other then my wizard, they all suck. Crusader has some promising.
 
I tied playing the other classes other then my wizard, they all suck. Crusader has some promising.

I leveled a crusader to 70 pretty quickly and found the lvl 70 dmg to be underwhelming. I am not gonna QQ about it like the bnet forums are but i think there should be some minor buffs. I am back playing my wizard again and looking at playing my monk since there are so many wizards now (damn you FOTM). Wiz and monk have been my two since launch and I really enjoy both playstyles.

I recently changed my wiz from a frozen based to fire based. it is so much more fun than frozen. Spamming frozen orb brought back the nostalgia from D2 but after a while it got really boring to me. Fire seems to be a lot of fun and diverse in skills for me though.
 
Finished the xpac last night with my Monk, lots of fun in the xpac. I'm casually playing and newcomer in the last month, played the xpac on Hard and was enjoyable - ended at 69 with a few million left for 70.

Going to play some adventure mode and see how all that goes. I've had fun with the Wizard also.

On to other games in the backlog soon... but this is fun for now. Cheers!
 
I tied playing the other classes other then my wizard, they all suck. Crusader has some promising.

Wizard seems to work at most levels, most specs, and all gear levels. It may not be the most OP for everyone, but it certainly does the job. I am jealous my Witch Doctor doesn't feel nearly as flexible as my Wizard.
 
I've played a monk since Diablo 3 first came out. never played anything else really. But just before expansion launch, i quickly leveled my wizard. now with both at max level, my Wizard is 560k damage, while my monk is having trouble getting high 200k Damage.

I realize the wizard is suppose to be slightly more powerful, but not by that much.
 
Wizards have too many +dmg % modifiers.

A frozen orb wiz gets:
10% from cold blooded
15% from glass cannon
20% from magic weapon
10% from familiar
 
Wizards have too many +dmg % modifiers.

A frozen orb wiz gets:
10% from cold blooded
15% from glass cannon
20% from magic weapon
10% from familiar

as a barb I have 20% from fury maxed out, up to 25% strength procentage based upon mobs killed and 20% with 3 mobs around me.
cant complain about such modifiers.
 
Slowly restoring my pre-ROS DH. Got a nat's chest, trying to roll ar, settled for an armor boost and used a gem to make up AR. A 2nd Nat's item either boots/ring/weapon should boost me up past 800k and a 3rd may potentially get me in reach of that 1mil mark.

I'm finding that given enough time you get enough yellows to make t1 and t2 playable, but yellows are not enough to push you into t3+ territory. Paragons/gems can only make up so much before you start really needing some significant bonus and secondary stats to boost your core.
 
I agree 100%. My crusader has about 8 legendary drops since hitting 70; 5 weapons, 1 ring, 1 shield and 1 set of boots for a DH. I got a good amulet from a drop on my DH so I only have 3 legendary items equipped and I think anything past T2 would just own me. Almost all of my rare gear has str/vit/crit chance/crit dmg/% life and I'm sitting at 50% CC and 350% CD and I still feel like T1 is too slow to farm. My in game sheet has me at 575k DPS, 18M toughness, 750k health and 8k heal. I'm having fun but I'm a little frustrated by my farm speed because I feel like I have really good rare gear but without getting legendaries I'm not going to be able to up the difficulty.
 
as a barb I have 20% from fury maxed out, up to 25% strength procentage based upon mobs killed and 20% with 3 mobs around me.
cant complain about such modifiers.

And to sustain the fury we get weak damage output for our so called "dps". My lower damage wizard can output and sustain much better dps than my barb can.
 
Back
Top