Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Level a class to 60, TWICE. (What loser would do something like that, given the game's non-spec mechanics?)

Well a Hardcore player would, or even just players that started with SC and wanted to try HC later.

I like how you stick around talking about a game you hate, insulting the players that do like it, and claiming that you're doing it for the good of everyone. You're like the Westboro of the thread.

Well a Hardcore player would, or even just players that started with SC and wanted to try HC later.
No no, you're right about the HC player. I completely missed that subset of people. But you must admit it is a silly achievement given the nature of the game.... but then again many achievements (regardless of the game) are silly and not actually "achievements".

@stevedave again, small font to let you skip quicker if you so choose:

Did you ever think that I actually am a fan of the old games, and that my anger/disgust at this title is due to my almost-unhealthy dedication to it (and to push it further, the genre, GAMING as a whole)? Perhaps if you felt this strongly about gaming you might feel the same way. Although my words may fall on deaf ears (eyes), that will not stop me from trying to point out the flaws of a short-sighted group that are the fans of games like this, ad-infinium.

The industry is turning the same corners that the movie and music industry went ~20-30years ago, where quality took a nose dive, where prices for less and less went up and up. The rise of the internet, piracy is what caused a massive spike in quality and drop in price of both of those industries (though that quality is quickly dropping again, and prices thankfully staying stagnant, except for theaters), and the video game industry is looking to make the same move.

I would rather the VG industry slump to last 1-5years instead of 10-20 years. If it takes 10,000 posts here, being one of a thousand1/10 metacritics, whatever, then so be it. I will "fight" the status quo that is this industry going to trash.

Stevedave, what hobby do you feel this passionately about? I know it isn't gaming, as your statements about RMT'ing have clearly stated. How strongly would you fight for your favorite past-time, despite the backlash?

(and to all, yes, I do realize this sounds like some crusader-holier-than-thou statement, but this is truly how I feel about Diablo, gaming, the industry, etc. Whether my efforts are misplaced, or misguided, that is for me to figure out, but this is the course of action I go)

Maybe just quoting yourself back you will work better then kuul story bros

(I occasionally read various D3 forums for laughs, like they say "the forums are more fun than the game itself")

Your words fall on deaf ears because you are a troll. You bring no value to any conversation because anyone who doesn't hate this game is a retard to you. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a moron as well.

I dunno why you guys can't ignore it if you don't like what he says, or even use the ignore function.

What's funny to me is that instead of fixing the content they have already created so people actually want to play it, they put out something like this "loot run," which to me sounds retarded.

Why not just fix up Whimsyshire so there's actually a reason to go in there? Why not add loot tables to the plethora of bosses they have in the game which are all meaningless? So much content in the game, yet there's no reason to run any of it.

That was their plan from the get-go--their vision of making a game where you just play it instead of farming certain spots. That plan backfired because everything felt meaningless. So they start to add in content that people can farm, which is what people want to do. So now people only play those sections of the game that have dependable drops.

It's just silly. They should have made loot tables like D2 had from the very beginning.

If I'm going to be grinding for gear, I'd much rather it be different every time instead of doing 1000 Baal runs or whatever.

If I'm going to be grinding for gear, I'd much rather it be different every time instead of doing 1000 Baal runs or whatever.

Well sure, but it wasn't just doing 1000 Baal runs.

It was 100 Baal runs, Some mephisto, pendleskin, the pit, etc.

Variety in what you're playing.

Now you'll just be doing 1000 loot runs.

My point was that they have all this content in the game, and there's no reason to play any of it. They have this zone which takes a lot of gold and crafting items to unlock, but is ultimately pointless. There should be something worth going there for.

Instead people just found the most efficient places to farm. Once they added in some dependable loot (infernal machine), then people were farming those places over and over again.

Adding additional randomized scripting to boss encounters could be fun. As it stands now, every boss fight is always the same, every time you do it.

My point was that they have all this content in the game, and there's no reason to play any of it. They have this zone which takes a lot of gold and crafting items to unlock, but is ultimately pointless. There should be something worth going there for.

Instead people just found the most efficient places to farm. Once they added in some dependable loot (infernal machine), then people were farming those places over and over again.

I was quite angry having spent all that time farming and dropping loads of gold only to see that Whimsyshire was a piece of shit and actually detracted from the game as a whole.

Well we don't know how Loot 2.0 is going to affect the story-mode farming yet, nor how difficult Loot Runs are going to be. They mentioned you have to "unlock it", so it may be the same deal as Infernal Machines.

I'd say we just wait for more info before dismissing the whole concept. I still think it's a cool idea because of the fact that you never know what the next dungeon is going to be, which kinda reduces the tedium of farming.

Finally got the game, but I'm really not impressed with it. I guess I was expecting a little bit more from the third edition of the game..plus all of the cool trailers just made it out like it was going to be something else. Hate to say it but I'm already bored with it.

D3 is an ARPG, and is gear centric by nature. The only reason to play it is to get better loot to reach god mode. It doesnt matter how many different loot tables and different boss runs you do, it's going to be repetitive. Even variation like PoE maps will still get old to everyone after a while.

In whatever way, you'll be grinding loot. Regardless of the variation, max/min-ers will find the best way to farm anything. People will follow it, then they'll complain that the grind is too much (because gear progression was too slow) or there's not enough content (because gear progression was too fast). As much as I'm looking forward to loot 2.0, it will also get old after awhile. It might be 10 hours or 1000 hours into it, but it will get old. By nature of ARPGs, there is no perfect loot system, drop tables, or variation of runs that will make a game appealing forever.

Really the best you should do is just enjoy it for what it is, and put it down when you get tired of it. I havent played any of my chars in weeks, mostly cause XIV is so damn addicting. I put it down, but I dont regret the time I spent farming paragon, or rolling HC characters, or sniping AH items, because I had fun doing all of it.

The console version is far superior to the PC version, it is literally a day and night difference between the two. The console version should have been the PC version and D3 would literally be the undisputed king of the genre.

that was funny the first couple times you posted it, but at this point.......

If you're not going to talk about shit, why bother replying?

You could say the same about lilbabycat because he posts the same thing all the time. If you've been following the thread he hasn't brought anything new to the table since page 500 when he asked why people would play this game, an obvious troll. I think I'll head into every game thread that I have no interest in and ask why the hell would anyone play X.

D3 is an ARPG, and is gear centric by nature. The only reason to play it is to get better loot to reach god mode. It doesnt matter how many different loot tables and different boss runs you do, it's going to be repetitive. Even variation like PoE maps will still get old to everyone after a while.

In whatever way, you'll be grinding loot. Regardless of the variation, max/min-ers will find the best way to farm anything. People will follow it, then they'll complain that the grind is too much (because gear progression was too slow) or there's not enough content (because gear progression was too fast). As much as I'm looking forward to loot 2.0, it will also get old after awhile. It might be 10 hours or 1000 hours into it, but it will get old. By nature of ARPGs, there is no perfect loot system, drop tables, or variation of runs that will make a game appealing forever.

Really the best you should do is just enjoy it for what it is, and put it down when you get tired of it. I havent played any of my chars in weeks, mostly cause XIV is so damn addicting. I put it down, but I dont regret the time I spent farming paragon, or rolling HC characters, or sniping AH items, because I had fun doing all of it.

Well said. I'd be bored out of my mind if I only stuck to playing 1 game. Just because someone stops playing a game doesn't mean they have to hate it or never pick it up again. I have my "go to" games, but I don't play them all the time.

The console version is far superior to the PC version, it is literally a day and night difference between the two. The console version should have been the PC version and D3 would literally be the undisputed king of the genre.

lol whats better in console? u can get good legendaries in no time... how fun is that? and no auction house blows donkey.. lool thats like playing racing games on keyboard.. soo crap man :mad:

I wouldn't go that far, but yes they are moving in the right direction albeit with baby steps.

Been having a lot of fun with my throw Barb lately. I'd been toying with the idea of building a character with as much "reduced damage from elites" as possible and so far I've got 7% (Stormshield) + 7% (Blackthorne's boots) + 7% (Litany of the Undaunted) + 6% (IK armor). The D3 armory page calculates that as 24% for some reason, so I guess it's not additive but still not bad taking 1/4 the damage from elites.

The build seemed kind of weak until I did two things, 1) I started using Ancient Spear - Grappling Hooks, and 2) I added HotA - Thunderstrike.

Grappling Hooks will throw out 3 spears instead of one, and if any one of them crits it will trigger the No Escape passive, which resets the cooldown. With high CC I have literally been able to string together 10+ hits in a row, which is just ridiculous.

Thunderstrike is actually really awesome and synergizes really well with the other skills in the build. Not sure how many of you have used it, but it will stun EVERYTHING within 10 yards whenever you make a kill. So a single kill will stun a pack allowing you to take another hit, and another while they all sit there stunned. Even better, since HotA crits more as your fury increases, it will almost always crit a number of enemies in the pack, and - like Grappling Hooks - each enemy hit seems to have a separate crit roll which generates fury via Battle Rage and swiftly resets Overpower (Killing Spree). The result is that you can basically do unlimited HotA spam while also activating Overpower after nearly every HotA swing.

I'll have to do a video once I figure out how to get Afterburner to stop flickering when I record D3. I'm still attempting to craft better gloves/shoulders/ammy/bracers, but even so this is probably my safest yet most efficient build, which has really surprised me. I've been farming MP3 but I figure once I get some better crafts I can be doing MP5 fairly comfortably.

lol whats better in console? u can get good legendaries in no time... how fun is that? and no auction house blows donkey.. lool thats like playing racing games on keyboard.. soo crap man :mad:

Well you're sadly mistaken in regards to the controls of the controller and the drop rate has always been the weakest point of d3 on the pc. If you like the rmah awesome but myself and a vast majority didn't either especially considering drop rates were tied to it.

(and to all, yes, I do realize this sounds like some crusader-holier-than-thou statement, but this is truly how I feel about Diablo, gaming, the industry, etc. Whether my efforts are misplaced, or misguided, that is for me to figure out, but this is the course of action I go)

Then why don't you make a separate thread about the decline of video games and post there instead? I've been having the same exact feelings since 2006 or whenever games started taking a dive but most of my complaints aren't limited to this game so that's why I don't post here much. It would be nice if there was one thread for all of this.

@Stevedave,
Thanks for backing up your claims instead of just resorting to spamming a meme or some trollish comment. This is much better than the others here simply saying "Its fun and you can't change my opinion" types, who don't have anything to back up their apparent bad-taste / blind-fandom; it truly is a breath of fresh air.

WTF? That is the most ridiculous piece of turd comment on the internet I have ever read. Since when did anyone ever need a reason to have fun? Seriously?

Not letting gamers use WASD to move character is just a terrible decision vs RTS controls. Complete contradiction to the action genre. Console version is superior indeed.

Not letting gamers use WASD to move character is just a terrible decision vs RTS controls. Complete contradiction to the action genre. Console version is superior indeed.

Have you even player a Diablo game before? None of them have had WASD for movement. I can't see why you would want to move with WASD anyway. When I'm playing I'm constantly hitting all sorts of hotkeys for skills. If I had to use WASD to move I wouldn't have enough fingers to hit hotkeys for skills.

On a different note, I just realized how crappy the drop rate is in D3 compared to D2. I played beat inferno last night when I realized I only have gotten one legendary to drop. It's not like I'm expecting them to drop all the time but I would think you would get more then one drop after beating the game for times. Overall I still really enjoy playing the game and will continue playing but I really hope we get loot 2.0 soon.

WTF? That is the most ridiculous piece of turd comment on the internet I have ever read. Since when did anyone ever need a reason to have fun? Seriously?
Well for one, the comment itself was pretty heavily sarcastic, as stevedave has resorted to just spamming a single image over and over. The part about people falling on the "but its fun" defense is kind of tongue in cheek because they say that, then describe how when they play they also distract themselves with a bunch of other things at the same time, as the game itself isn't enough to keep their attention / or they describe that they farm X number of mats to craft 10,000 bracers which one of them ends up being +3 stats higher than their last one / Get to paragon 100 and say "well, that wasn't satisfying, I know, I'll roll ANOTHER character". Are people really having fun, or are they just looking for something to pass the time, and they don't really have a preference on what it is? They bought D3, so dammit, that's what they're gonna play. "I don't have time to learn a new title, this one is good enough, if I hit a hard spot, I can always just buy my way through the tough spots"

Well for one, the comment itself was pretty heavily sarcastic, as stevedave has resorted to just spamming a single image over and over. The part about people falling on the "but its fun" defense is kind of tongue in cheek because they say that, then describe how when they play they also distract themselves with a bunch of other things at the same time, as the game itself isn't enough to keep their attention / or they describe that they farm X number of mats to craft 10,000 bracers which one of them ends up being +3 stats higher than their last one / Get to paragon 100 and say "well, that wasn't satisfying, I know, I'll roll ANOTHER character". Are people really having fun, or are they just looking for something to pass the time, and they don't really have a preference on what it is? They bought D3, so dammit, that's what they're gonna play. "I don't have time to learn a new title, this one is good enough, if I hit a hard spot, I can always just buy my way through the tough spots"

You can keep asking the same questions but you'll never get a satisfactory answer because it's all personal opinion. You have your own opinion on what YOU think is fun, but that doesn't mean it's fun for someone else. 1000 different people could give you 1000 different answers. Some people like to watch tv or movies while playing games, when my wife plays the Sims she also watches tv or a movie, she has fun. But I guess I'll have to break the news to her that it isn't fun and she needs to stop playing.

You can keep asking the same questions but you'll never get a satisfactory answer because it's all personal opinion. You have your own opinion on what YOU think is fun, but that doesn't mean it's fun for someone else. 1000 different people could give you 1000 different answers. Some people like to watch tv or movies while playing games, when my wife plays the Sims she also watches tv or a movie, she has fun. But I guess I'll have to break the news to her that it isn't fun and she needs to stop playing.

Well said, Thank you. I hate when people have an Opinion and they think its the ONLY opinion that matters. Fucking annoying.

Well said, Thank you. I hate when people have an Opinion and they think its the ONLY opinion that matters. Fucking annoying.
Its annoying others think we have to respect their opinion as it is probably shit.

You really should look up framing bias but I'm guessing you're so biased you wouldn't even see what your problem is.

I hate, I mean really really hate, the Final Fantasy and Grand Theft Auto franchises and think every reviewer is fucking nuts when they gets 10/10 reviews but I just realize that it is me and leave it at that. D3 PC edition is shit IMO but you know what? Others obviously don't think so. Do us all a favor and stop trolling this thread with your diatribe, you're getting annoying screaming your head off and waving your arms around like a fucking attention whore hoping someone takes you serious.

Well you're sadly mistaken in regards to the controls of the controller and the drop rate has always been the weakest point of d3 on the pc. If you like the rmah awesome but myself and a vast majority didn't either especially considering drop rates were tied to it.

Honestly, it's not the drop rate that bugs me. The legendary/set drop rate is fine imo for the PC. The problem though is the quality of drops. I now have an all legendary including most of the inna's set for my monk incapable of beating Inferno without massive personal dodging skills. (It's part of my "You Got To Be Kidding Me Collection"). One hit by almost anything in Act IV and you're dead.

After playing the console version since it came out Tuesday, the game now is ridiculously easy. And I haven't even been grinding for anything but a Staff of Herding Plan. I guess I just don't see why my monk who has about 17 hours in the console game already has 90k dps, 4200 dexterity 550 resist, and 81k hp. Sure, there are master difficulties, but once I get more dps, they really won't last long either. I just need to farm some essences to craft some decent critical gear to increase my dps.

Sorry if this is old news and posted in the thread already. I kinda skimmed it but didn't see this.
D3 to be localized for Japan.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/03/square-enix-will-release-diablo-iii-in-japan-but-only-for-ps3/

Go Square Enix!

It's weird to me that D3 isn't being put out for new consoles too. What do they expect people to do? hold onto their PS3 just to play Diablo when they have a shiny new PS4?

I've read that backwards compatibility is out--so this just boggles my mind. Right on the cusp of a new console decade, and Blizz isn't releasing for the new ones :confused:

It's weird to me that D3 isn't being put out for new consoles too. What do they expect people to do? hold onto their PS3 just to play Diablo when they have a shiny new PS4?

I've read that backwards compatibility is out--so this just boggles my mind. Right on the cusp of a new console decade, and Blizz isn't releasing for the new ones :confused:

Same reason why GTA5 hasn't been announced for new consoles (or PC) yet. Milk the consumer twice. Just as there are people here who bought both the PC and console version; there will be a certain % of people that will buy the PS3 version then turn around and get the PS4 version too. For the life of I me I don't get how there are this many stupid people out there, who don't realize this is how it works.

It is coming out for PS4.

And you're comparing a 75+ million player-base to 1-2 million pre-orders. It would be silly of them to release D3 on PS4 and not PS3. Most people don't buy a new console at launch.

The D3 presales on the PS3 were less than 100k, a very low number. It will be interesting to see if it gains any momentum after release. Hopefully not, and it serves as a huge wakeup call to Blizzard.

So, the reviews are in, and seems people are saying the loot revamp is a huge improvement over the current state of affairs in PC-land. A couple questions--

What is Loot 2.0? When is it coming? Is it the same thing that consoles currently have?

Is the RMAH going away? Seems both devs and players hate it and want it gone. I know it's not in the console version. I won't be jumping back into D3 until the RMAH is either gone or marginalized into oblivion.

What is Loot 2.0? When is it coming? Is it the same thing that consoles currently have?

I posted the overall info about Loot 2.0 here.

Information here about release date (to save you time on that one, it's undisclosed, but before Reaper of Souls...) and comparison to consoles. Bottom paragraph (under "Diablo 3 Console Testing Loot 2.0?")

Last edited:
Is the RMAH going away? Seems both devs and players hate it and want it gone. I know it's not in the console version. I won't be jumping back into D3 until the RMAH is either gone or marginalized into oblivion.

I mean half the best in slot gear is crafted and account bound

The D3 presales on the PS3 were less than 100k, a very low number. It will be interesting to see if it gains any momentum after release. Hopefully not, and it serves as a huge wakeup call to Blizzard.

Part of the problem here is that the game came out a year and a half after Diablo 3 was released on the PC. Massive delays like that seldom lead to good sales on any platform, because people who want to play the game already have played the game, or at least have an idea about it (which in D3's case, was not positive).

Another problem here is that Diablo 3 isn't a console franchise game. I'm not stating that Diablo 3 isn't a quality game on the console, but it's known in the PC circle, and not the console world. If they wanted it to be successful like other PC->Console titles which have succeeded, like Call of Duty, they needed to advertise. I'm not talking about side bar ads on sites like GameFaqs. I'm talking about full out prime time adverts on major TV shows.

It is a better game than the PC counterpart, but it is depressing trying to find a game and seeing that there's no one playing.

The game is fantastic on the PS3, no reason to hate on the console version due to sour grapes on the PC.

Back