Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

You could be 3 character spaces away and get hit from ranged attacks, then when people called Blizzard out on the wacky hitboxes, they claimed that they didn't WANT people to be dodging them using "twitch" reactions. So yeah, no.

Twitch dodging normal attacks and ranged projectiles is something vastly different than not standing in the desecration, running out of molten or frozen explosions, moving around arcane orbs, or not standing in fire trails or poison pools. If you dont know (or dont want to see) the difference between what you can and cannot avoid, I could see how inferno might have been too hard for you.

In inferno, perfect dodging belial in phase 3 and all phases of diablo was the key to victory. Not being able to dodge those attacks is completely based on player skill. When I beat Diablo, I had at most 12% movement speed (if that), 0 legendaries, and I think I might have been wearing some blues also.
 
diablo 2 is better than diablo 3 in every way except graphics technology. even the art design of diablo 2 is better.

but diablo 2 took many years AFTER the expansion pack to become what it is today. so if we're realistic, we should know from the diablo 3 beta that the game isn't great but might be great in 2018.


Yeah, that's a cop out these mediocre developers love to use. They should've built upon everything they learned and did right with Diablo 2, but the thing is company names do not create good games. People create good games and the people in charge today are definitely not of the same caliber as the people in charge back then. Just because these new people work at Blizzard does not mean their ideas are automatically good.

With Diablo 3 we've actually regressed to a state pre-diablo 2. Things as simple as elemental damage or adding sockets to your gear were scrapped and not implemented for the sake of lazyness and convenience. I wouldn't be surprised to see them crow about including stuff they removed from the original game as a new feature trying to get people to buy the expansion. Fat chance, they're not getting any more of my money (bought a collector's edition plus a digital one).

I've been playing the game since the friends & family beta and beat inferno solo with all classes before 1.0.3 hit. I did it because I wanted to fully understand what was the experience these developers intended players to have, then I realized they simply had no idea what they were doing. I was playing a paid beta for the console version which has most of the things we had been asking them all along (offline mode, no auction house, better drops, etc).

Today I can face roll mp10 ubers with most of my characters but I find myself playing Diablo2 more. I had truly forgotten how good it is, and at the same time how much we've lost with D3. Little things like the truly random dungeons that increase in size with every difficulty balancing monster density and variety of scenery in 1 move. Compare that to the completely linear and identical sized dungeons in D3 no matter the difficulty and that it took them nearly a year to implement density changes. One could go on and on about this.
 
I always wondered why people continue to play games they think is a piece of shit and pour more hours into it after coming to that conclusion..
 
You could be 3 character spaces away and get hit from ranged attacks, then when people called Blizzard out on the wacky hitboxes, they claimed that they didn't WANT people to be dodging them using "twitch" reactions. So yeah, no.

Yeah, no.

People complained about melee attacks that would always hit when the animation started. Dumbfire ranged attacks and many other types of AoE could always be dodged.

Of course, it's a waste of time to argue with you. Diablo 3 worst game ever, Path of Exile best game ever, right?
 
I always wondered why people continue to play games they think is a piece of shit and pour more hours into it after coming to that conclusion..

They may be simply hoping it gets better. In the case of D3, perhaps it's the best/easiest way to keep in touch with friends playing other Blizzard games (WoW, SC2). For other, perhaps it's simply habitual.
 
Interview from some of the d3 devs from diablofans. It's just highlights. Full transcript is still to come.
DiabloFans Interview With the Devs: Highlights
DiabloFans had the opportunity to speak to Josh Mosqueira, Travis Day and Wyatt Cheng and while we work on the full transcript we wanted to summarize the major points in an easy to read form.

The Game
There will be announcements about new features before BlizzCon
Even though he loves PvP, Travis hopes Diablo 3 doesn't go down the eSport road, because when you focus on that type of PvP content you’ll have diminished results in the PvE part. Diablo 3 is meant to be a PvE game
Archon and Wrath of the Berserker changes won't come in a “vacuum”. They'll be part of a bigger change to class skills. This way skill power can be redistributed more effectively
Blizzard are working on including the Mystic back into the game, but it’s still not clear what unique feature she might offer
There are talks about making Paragon levels account-wide, so that you don't feel like you're losing experience while playing your Paragon 100 character. Also potentially adding customization like stat allocation to it
If additions to the Paragon system are made, people that already have the required Paragon level will get the rewards on patch day

The Process
The different Blizzard teams not only give feedback to each other, but sometimes even help each other with development
The Diablo team draws a lot of inspiration and even “some direct ideas” from the community and even mentioned specifically some of our “Suggestion” articles that have gained some good popularity
The Console Version
The Diablo 3 team has actually just received the new console generation development kits so the translation to those platforms is yet to be done. They really like the features on the PS4 controller and want to try and do something cool with the trackpad and share button
Diablo 3 will not be a launch date title for the next generation consoles. It will come in 2014. The developers prefer to try and get the most out of the different features that platforms have, instead of just porting the game to each of them
There aren't any plans for Diablo 3 on portable devices
When an expansion comes the main concern will not be to ship it simultaneously on all platforms, but instead try to make the expansion features as relevant to each platform as possible
The Game Director
Jay Wilson approached Josh for the position of Lead Console Developer, because of their long past of working on other projects together
Josh tries to play a variety of games besides Diablo 3, like other ARPGs and even some Call of Duty in his spare time. Currently he's looking to try The Last of Us
Travis explains that Josh is the type of person that really thinks about the grand scheme of things and how the different features may pan out in the long run and their exact purpose in the game
 
They may be simply hoping it gets better. In the case of D3, perhaps it's the best/easiest way to keep in touch with friends playing other Blizzard games (WoW, SC2). For other, perhaps it's simply habitual.

Basically how it is with me, I still play D3 once in a while though, but usually go on to chat with friends playing other games.
 
Interview from some of the d3 devs from diablofans. It's just highlights. Full transcript is still to come.

I'm really curious to how they'll do itemization changes. There's been a lot of mystic recommendations to the game but the issue is already the damage spread as soon as you hit 60. You can go from like 18k to 300k the second you hit 60. Any enhancements will just make the spread further.

I guess a possibility would be to tie mystic enhancements to paragon levels, but if they make that account wide, then the same jump will happen with alts as soon as they hit 60.

I'd like some type of extract crafting effect. Randomly pull an item stat (consuming the item), and some how be able to put that on other items, possibly replacing a random stat. For instance, I extract a 10% crit from a ring, and try to put it on a 5-stat ring that has other good stats such as critdamage and IAS. It might replace one of those affixes, keeping the ring a bifecta, or it might make it a 6 stat ring, making it a really good ring. Something to this effect will help normalize the market, because now almost any item is now useful. Of course it would make it too easy to get better gear, but I would like some type of control to the RNG.

Crafting vit bracers that dont have any RA, crit, Armor, or Dex at all is getting very frustrating.
 
Hay look pretty much the first video on youtube for diablo 3 1.0.1.....yep 0 exploits and 0 bugs and no 100 % uptime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_4gs8CdKJ4

Bosses =/= inferno.
This monk, like any other, rushed to Act 4 using the 100%immunity glitch, farmed vases for gear (such as that blue 1k dps claw he has), then went and killed diablo. This guy wasn't clearing elite packs ( the only real challenge in game ). The guy you linked has only 3 videos, all boss only kills. Where's his videos clearing packs? Where are anyone's video clearing packs in 1.01 legit?

Further, Serenity (which he used) was halved in duration in 1.02, then further adjusted again in 1.03 to only heal up to the player's max health. Further, the absorbed damage from Serenity was making "near death experience" proc.

So like I was saying, NO ONE cleared Inferno without using bugged / exploited skills at release.

You can argue "that's what was in the game, its not an exploit", but it just further backs up that the game was completely untested, and the first 6 months of release was the real beta.

People complained about melee attacks that would always hit when the animation started. Dumbfire ranged attacks and many other types of AoE could always be dodged.
Well, if you're trying to dodge a melee attack the "appears" to have a 2second windup and you run several character spaces away, yes people have every right to complain about that, it IS BS. Here's one of several videos showing the ridiculously bad hit-boxes of a ranged attack: http://youtu.be/ZxLqdHd-n_Q

And me liking PoE has nothing to do with the problems that D3 had at release that you and many others seem to deny it ever having or when showed undeniable evidence, just brush it off as "oh it wasn't a big deal, its fixed now".
 
Last edited:
Bosses =/= inferno.
This monk, like any other, rushed to Act 4 using the 100%immunity glitch, farmed vases for gear (such as that blue 1k dps claw he has), then went and killed diablo. This guy wasn't clearing elite packs ( the only real challenge in game ). The guy you linked has only 3 videos, all boss only kills. Where's his videos clearing packs? Where are anyone's video clearing packs in 1.01 legit?

Further, Serenity (which he used) was halved in duration in 1.02, then further adjusted again in 1.03 to only heal up to the player's max health. Further, the absorbed damage from Serenity was making "near death experience" proc.

So like I was saying, NO ONE cleared Inferno without using bugged / exploited skills at release.

You can argue "that's what was in the game, its not an exploit", but it just further backs up that the game was completely untested, and the first 6 months of release was the real beta.

OK, and? We get it, you don't like the game, we do. What's your point, no one here is going to change their opinions based off of what you or I say.

And skill changes happen in RPG's post release ALL THE TIME. The last online RPG I played before D3 was Guild Wars, they still had skill balance changes in 2012, must have been one hell of a beta period. I must have been exploiting my way through that game for years.
 
OK, and? We get it, you don't like the game, we do. What's your point, no one here is going to change their opinions based off of what you or I say.

And skill changes happen in RPG's post release ALL THE TIME. The last online RPG I played before D3 was Guild Wars, they still had skill balance changes in 2012, must have been one hell of a beta period. I must have been exploiting my way through that game for years.

I guess i don't know what my point is. Maybe that some people here are complete shills / fanboys / whatever you want to call them, and spew absolute BS, and I personally have a problem with people lying out of their asses.

And to that effect, more people should know that this isn't how gaming companies should operate. That is, being dishonest, misleading, doing "cash grabs", etc.

And there is huge difference between minor changes over years of time versus several complete-mechanics-changing patches in one months time.


But you're right, you guys enjoy this game (somehow), don't mind be lied to (ignorance is bliss), and you'll keep shouting from the rooftops that there was nothing wrong with the game before, nor is there one now. Because Blizzard is still the blizzard from 1998, and we love them.
 
No one ever said the game was perfect. What people said is the game was fun, and is still fun. But you in your almighty arbiter of what is fun and is not fun has decided that no one in the world should have fun playing Diablo 3 ever, and are a crusade to prove why.
 
I guess i don't know what my point is. Maybe that some people here are complete shills / fanboys / whatever you want to call them, and spew absolute BS, and I personally have a problem with people lying out of their asses.

And to that effect, more people should know that this isn't how gaming companies should operate. That is, being dishonest, misleading, doing "cash grabs", etc.

And there is huge difference between minor changes over years of time versus several complete-mechanics-changing patches in one months time.


But you're right, you guys enjoy this game (somehow), don't mind be lied to (ignorance is bliss), and you'll keep shouting from the rooftops that there was nothing wrong with the game before, nor is there one now. Because Blizzard is still the blizzard from 1998, and we love them.

No one is saying the game is perfect. But for many people it's still fun. For me it is still fun. It has many flaws but it's slowly getting better over time. And the core gameplay is fun and satisfying.

Also, I don't understand what you're getting at. What is it you actually want to say? Is it that you just can't understand why people are enjoying this game? Is that it? Because that's the impression I'm getting from you.
 
Last edited:
Bosses =/= inferno.
This monk, like any other, rushed to Act 4 using the 100%immunity glitch, farmed vases for gear (such as that blue 1k dps claw he has), then went and killed diablo. This guy wasn't clearing elite packs ( the only real challenge in game ). The guy you linked has only 3 videos, all boss only kills. Where's his videos clearing packs? Where are anyone's video clearing packs in 1.01 legit?

Further, Serenity (which he used) was halved in duration in 1.02, then further adjusted again in 1.03 to only heal up to the player's max health. Further, the absorbed damage from Serenity was making "near death experience" proc.

So like I was saying, NO ONE cleared Inferno without using bugged / exploited skills at release.

Apparently everyone running merciless in PoE only hacked, cheated, exploited their way to clear it and run maps. How do I know? Because I couldn't do it, and obviously the only people who can surpasse me MUST BE CHEATING.
 
I dont get all the hate for D3. Sure its not perfect, and sure its not what people thought it would be or wanted it to be, but that doesnt make it terrible. To me I still think its a good game, not a great game like it could have been but still a good game. I have a lot of fun playing it and will continue too for many hours to come.

As far as them patching things and balancing skills why are some people acting like thats a bad thing? Isnt that what a good developer should be doing for a game like this. I mean they could have just left the game alone after they released it and said too bad thats how it is. Does that make it ok that there were some major issues when that game was released, not fully. At least they are will to admit there were problems and are doing things to try and make the game better.

If you dont like the game thats fine, not everyone will, but just because you dont like it doesnt mean no one is allowed to like it or have fun playing it.
 
What would you guys sell this for on HC? I can't decide if I should price it with the strength. If I include strength there are like no listings, but if I drop the strength completely it isn't worth much

hcweap.png
 
I guess i don't know what my point is. Maybe that some people here are complete shills / fanboys / whatever you want to call them, and spew absolute BS, and I personally have a problem with people lying out of their asses.

And to that effect, more people should know that this isn't how gaming companies should operate. That is, being dishonest, misleading, doing "cash grabs", etc.

And there is huge difference between minor changes over years of time versus several complete-mechanics-changing patches in one months time.


But you're right, you guys enjoy this game (somehow), don't mind be lied to (ignorance is bliss), and you'll keep shouting from the rooftops that there was nothing wrong with the game before, nor is there one now. Because Blizzard is still the blizzard from 1998, and we love them.

Your point is you are a fool who thinks he is not. Constantly trying to prove that you are not a fool and that anyone who likes this game is in fact a fool that has been hoodwinked or bamboozled because they lack your superior knowledge which you gained through every means except playing the game. You think that we are fanboys and you are justice. But in fact we are enjoying a game and you are coming in here and attempting to explain to us why we shouldn't be enjoying this game.

I already told you this was 100% playable and passable from Day1 for me. Its not an opinion its a fact. I played this game and passed it. No AH No exploits. Others who couldn't either didn't have the time, skill, or perseverance to do so.....likely just cried and stopped playing because it was too hard.

So you hate on and I'll continue to be hoodwinked into having fun. Damn blizzard sure pulled one over on me giving me 1600 hours of entertainment for 160 bucks ish.
 
What would you guys sell this for on HC? I can't decide if I should price it with the strength. If I include strength there are like no listings, but if I drop the strength completely it isn't worth much

hcweap.png

What I do when I can't find a comparable item is start removing unique stats like LOH. I'd look for maces or 1h weapons with strength, life steal, and socket but leave all the values blank and see what comes up. Then price your item higher than similar items since it has LOH. It's hard to say what it'd be since the DPS is so low, and I can't look at the AH since I'm at work.
 
Apparently everyone running merciless in PoE only hacked, cheated, exploited their way to clear it and run maps. How do I know? Because I couldn't do it, and obviously the only people who can surpasse me MUST BE CHEATING.

Look, back up what you have to say with facts, proof. I've backed up my claims. You've resorted to insults of my "skill" and as I say you would, trying to blow off the issues as no big deal. It is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "la la la, I can't hear you".

The end message to all this "bitching and complaining" about diablo 3, is that consumers shouldn't put up with being treated like they are idiots, even if most are. Have some self respect and some high expectations from a company that has such high praise of itself. People like you that accept this as "how things are", make things worse for everyone else. And until that becomes untrue, I will continue to voice my opinion and point out the BS for what it is.

TLDR: Can you honestly say that the Diablo 3 we got was that best "diablo 3" that Blizzard could have made?
 
TLDR: Can you honestly say that the Diablo 3 we got was that best "diablo 3" that Blizzard could have made?

You can say that about 99% of the games made so your going to spend a lot of time voicing your opinion if that is the case. Why don't you just move along and find a game you like and leave the rest of us to discuss a game we enjoy. Yes it has its flaws but what game doesn't?
 
Here are my facts

I beat Inferno, including clearing act 3 and 4 mainly with the following skills, none of them were nerfed because of unbalanced aspects

Magic missile
Prasmatic force armor(changed when defense mechanics were redone across the board, never nerfed)
Venom hydra, never nefed, only the other hydra were changed to compete with venom in seperate situations
Disenigrate, I don't think it was ever nerfed
Archon, defenses changed when prasmatic changed, other than that, never nerfed.
Various combos of magic weapon and familiar, never nerfed.

I never used crit mass while progressing
I never used ice nova while progressing
I never used blizzard while progressing, I tried it, but it didn't work for me.
I never used spectral blades or any twisters while progressing
I did use diamond skin on and off, but there's no chance of 100% without crit mass, which I have to emphasize I NEVER USED WHILE PROGRESSING since you seem to assume everyone used it.

I never used the force energy armor with low hp exploit before it was nerfed
I never used the teleport archon glitch

I avoided elite packs that I couldn't clear, but the elite packs that gave me trouble weren't the same for everyone. I don't see skipping some packs an exploit.

I never bought items or gold off the RMAH, with the exception of using money I made from selling items (no different than any other trading). I beat diablo the day RMAH went live (in hopes of selling items), but didn't touch it before clearing diablo.

You claim that the only people that reached and cleared inferno diablo were people who exploited their way, I'm living proof that you are emberassingly wrong.


You're the one plugging your ears and ignoring the facts of people clearing inferno legitametly. You go on to dismiss them in whatever way possible only so that you can continue to back up your "truth".

My sarcastic remark was to show you how stupid your claim is, and to try to put it in perspective of your biased view.
 
TLDR: Can you honestly say that the Diablo 3 we got was that best "diablo 3" that Blizzard could have made?

No, D3 felt actually rather unfinished when it was released. However, many people who "still" play this game know and fully realize Blizzard messed up in different area's, and believe me they have been very vocal about it. And I'm sure Blizzard realizes as well that Diablo 3 as released was not worthy of their quality standards.


However, there is still confidence in Blizzard's capability and intentions to really turn this game around. Blizzard themselves give signals that they finally seem to understand which direction they need to take, and although the wait (especially after a year) for these changes feels annoying at times, we would rather want Blizzard to take as long as needed instead of rushing forward with some incomplete patches/changes. They should throw us a few bones in the meantime though.
 
No, D3 felt actually rather unfinished when it was released. However, many people who "still" play this game know and fully realize Blizzard messed up in different area's, and believe me they have been very vocal about it. And I'm sure Blizzard realizes as well that Diablo 3 as released was not worthy of their quality standards.


However, there is still confidence in Blizzard's capability and intentions to really turn this game around. Blizzard themselves give signals that they finally seem to understand which direction they need to take, and although the wait (especially after a year) for these changes feels annoying at times, we would rather want Blizzard to take as long as needed instead of rushing forward with some incomplete patches/changes. They should throw us a few bones in the meantime though.

I don't get how anyone can have faith in Blizzard anymore. They knew they were selling a half-baked game. They took tons of money, and then have been slow as fuck about fixing things. You really think it takes them so long to get patches out because they're testing everything to make sure they're good? They even completely scrapped PVP and yet they still get a pass.

The point IMO is this: If D3 was made by any other company, with any other name, the game would have bombed and HARD. It has been a success for them financially because of the value the original Blizzard created for their name and franchise.
 
I agree D3 gets a huge benefit having come from Blizzard, and thus increases people's enjoyment of it just from that. I'm also not a big D3 fan at all and no longer play it.

But it did do a few things right, namely the "feel" and graphics of the game are pretty damn good. If you're just a casual player and want to jump in now and again and drop a meteor on some skeletons' heads, this is the game for it. If you don't really care about itemization, end-game, etc.
 
I don't get how anyone can have faith in Blizzard anymore. They knew they were selling a half-baked game. They took tons of money, and then have been slow as fuck about fixing things. You really think it takes them so long to get patches out because they're testing everything to make sure they're good? They even completely scrapped PVP and yet they still get a pass.

The point IMO is this: If D3 was made by any other company, with any other name, the game would have bombed and HARD. It has been a success for them financially because of the value the original Blizzard created for their name and franchise.

Subjective hypothetical situations cuts both ways.

Had the only difference been that blizzard never released an RMAH, and diablo 3 was exactly the same as it is now, I'm pretty sure that it would have received a lot less shit than it currently gets. Instead of people's first reaction to a challenge being "this was made to drive me to use the RMAH", a lot more people would have actually learned to overcome the challenges legitametly. People are predisposed to hate d3 because of the existence of the RMAH, this is obvious in people's attempt to shit on the game and blame it on the RMAH..."there could've been more content without the RMAH, there could've been more skills without the RMAH, I could've met my soulmate if it weren't for the RMAH." Could've should've, would've...for those of us that remain objective, we get straight to the point: the story sucked and endgame itemization needs a massive overhaul.

The game has a lot of issues, no one is denying that. Even their major patches (paragon and monster power) are just band aids to some of the underlying issues that we always bring up. Is it the BESTGAMEeVAR!!!! No, I don't think anyone would put it close. Is it fun and viable? For many, yes, it has been viable since launch, and the minor patches since launch have addressed some of the irritating road blocks that got in the way.


Had any other ARPG introduced a RMAH(that being the only difference) that game would've received more shit too. Suddenly the game is unbalanced to drive people to the RMAH, the developers are greedy, and more content suddenly could've, should've, and would've been available in the game if not for the RMAH
 
Here are my facts

My sarcastic remark was to show you how stupid your claim is, and to try to put it in perspective of your biased view.
You claim that the only people that reached and cleared inferno diablo were people who exploited their way, I'm living proof that you are emberassingly wrong.

My claim isn't stupid, I've backed it up with proof, and you have not. The RMAH went live well after many skills were "fixed", you could be outright lying, or you could have grouped with cheaters. You don't have to prove it to me (or anyone else), but I'm sticking by what I said.

Had any other ARPG introduced a RMAH(that being the only difference) that game would've received more shit too. Suddenly the game is unbalanced to drive people to the RMAH, the developers are greedy, and more content suddenly could've, should've, and would've been available in the game if not for the RMAH

Other games have come out with RMAH's, and they have been called the Pay2Win pieces of trash that they are. But when it's Blizz doing it, you hear about it. And you also get blind fanboys like yourself.
 
My claim isn't stupid, I've backed it up with proof, and you have not. The RMAH went live well after many skills were "fixed", you could be outright lying, or you could have grouped with cheaters. You don't have to prove it to me (or anyone else), but I'm sticking by what I said.

:rolleyes: Relax.

Anyway in POE it's just as easy (sometimes easier, due to Blizzard's sometimes overzealous fraud filter) to go buy items with real money. You just can't sell them as easily, meaning you don't get a chance to make it back. Same with D2.

And while I like POEs itemization 100x as much as D3s, you can't argue that POE doesn't have insane drop rates/odds for certain items, that, were an RMAH available, would make the same argument that you're making for D3.

The fact that POE doesn't have an RMAH and still has insane drop rates proves the conspiracy theorists wrong. Hell, D2 had crazy drop rates as well, it was just hacks/dupes made it seem otherwise.

I only play POE now, and love it, but I just don't understand what on earth you're hoping to accomplish here other than pissing in people's Cheerios. Is there something you're actually trying to achieve, or just casting aspersions on people?

Other games have come out with RMAH's, and they have been called the Pay2Win pieces of trash that they are. But when it's Blizz doing it, you hear about it. And you also get blind fanboys like yourself.

No, those are only when the items you can buy are generated by the developer. It isn't P2W. Again, I can do the same thing in D2 and POE. Fuck it, I'll admit it I bought a bunch of orbs of fusing online. They're like 30 cents for a stack of 20; I grinded for an hour and a half and got only 1 yesterday actually playing the game. Totally worth it to me.
 
Subjective hypothetical situations cuts both ways.

RMAH x 7...for those of us that remain objective, we get straight to the point: the story sucked and endgame itemization needs a massive overhaul.

Had any other ARPG introduced a RMAH(that being the only difference) that game would've received more shit too. Suddenly the game is unbalanced to drive people to the RMAH, the developers are greedy, and more content suddenly could've, should've, and would've been available in the game if not for the RMAH

Yea the game got a lot of flak for the RMAH, and i probably hopped on that bandwagon before the game came out. But after playing i realized it's quite easy to avoid it.

The problem is that they did not try to make an interesting game. They got the engine and gameplay smooth and called it good.

Is there even ONE interesting quest or event in the game? I would argue that events ARE interesting, but what of their rewards? IIRC they all just award you with a lousy amount of gold. Why are helm/weapons the only interesting socketables? Why x, y, and z? I believe because it takes money to make an interesting game, and they knew that their brand was powerful enough to not have to spend that extra money.

Either that, or they actually were trying to make the most casual aRPG ever, which actually makes sense to me because of their console plans.

As Twisted said, if all you want to do is log in and drop a meteor on some skeletons, but don't give two shits about making a character or playing an RPG, this game is a success.
 
My claim isn't stupid, I've backed it up with proof, and you have not. The RMAH went live well after many skills were "fixed", you could be outright lying, or you could have grouped with cheaters. You don't have to prove it to me (or anyone else), but I'm sticking by what I said.



Other games have come out with RMAH's, and they have been called the Pay2Win pieces of trash that they are. But when it's Blizz doing it, you hear about it. And you also get blind fanboys like yourself.

You have gone from foolish hater to troll at this point....Or possibly Artificial intelligence. Yes AI it is. Forged by Blizzard and Funded by the 15% transaction fee you are a rogue bot originally designed to cruise the auction house bidding up items but in a tragic programming accident your 1's and 0's were crossed and you were discarded by Blizzard. Now you troll boards to get the only revenge you can on your creators who have abandoned their broken code.

Its actually a pretty sad story because if they weren't so busy making this game easier they might have been able to repair your code and you wouldn't have been scrapped.
 
Look, back up what you have to say with facts, proof. I've backed up my claims. You've resorted to insults of my "skill" and as I say you would, trying to blow off the issues as no big deal. It is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "la la la, I can't hear you".

*me giving facts*

My claim isn't stupid, I've backed it up with proof, and you have not. The RMAH went live well after many skills were "fixed", you could be outright lying, or you could have grouped with cheaters. You don't have to prove it to me (or anyone else), but I'm sticking by what I said.

So now that I have you my build which contained nothing that was broken or nerfed, all you can do is accuse me of lying so that you can still claim that the only people who beat it were people who exploited, who is putting their fingers in their ears now?

I could quote the posts I made a year ago sharing my builds to progress through inferno, but then you'll probably just accuse me of editing those post. I could then link when people quoted me when I was helping them or they were helping me, but then you'll accuse me of lying all the way back a year ago just so I can lie to you now

A few years back I played a very pay2win heavy action RPG called dragons nest and loved it. Combat was fluid and fun, mystics had amazing aoe spells and crowd control. Soloing nests were a blast and skill definately played a factor, although I could never solo apocalypse or the one before it, but cerebus and Minos nests were a blast. I stopped playing not because it was pay2win, but because it was to grindy. I really got burnt out leveling my priest to 40. The grind sucked with low drop rates, and a chance to destroy items when upgrading. Losing a +7 legendary scepter sucked, suddenly its gone forever. I've considered picking it up again to play the third tier of class progression for mystics, but I cringe at the grind requirements to max her out again.
 
Meh, RMAH never really bothered me much one way or the other. I would prefer not to have it in game, but it never affected me.
 
I had started to type up a response with some of my own experiences with the game early on, and then I thought "why the fuck am I bothering with this?!" Regardless of how many fundamental issues the game still has - or how many of us loved/hated the game 1 year ago - the game has changed and many of us in this thread are actually playing the game and having fun. The game state from May 2012 isn't coming back, so who cares?

Personally, as someone who played D2 HC exclusively for years, I'm not really impressed or enthralled by stories about dying 200 times yet persevering in order to beat the game. It's not meant to be a jab at anyone, I'm just pointing out why I was dissatisfied with the game balance early on. All I really need to think about is that my first SC char was a DH: I built her well enough that she could tank the Butcher's big slam in Inferno...and she got 1-2 shotted by the first enemies she faced outside of town in Act 2. That's just dumb as hell and not how a Diablo game should have played.

Luckily, the game doesn't play that way now, but there are certainly plenty of dangerous situations that can kill players. I'm playing with a few RL friends who are new to HC and they're loving it, plus I've got a couple of [H] members on my list that I catch up with here and there. Many people dropped the game like a bad habit when the game design punished us for even playing together, but are now discovering how much fun it can be to roll together since the gameplay is so tight.
 
I picked up a GrandFather sword and I actually think I like it better than skorn. It gives me a ton of damage on top of 15k life.

only downside is more spirit used from Tempest rush and less damage done per bell.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251

I tried out your TR/bells build with a Skorn but it just wasn't for me. Apparently I just don't feel right unless my Monk is super fast so the Skorn's slow AS just killed it for me. Now I'm trying a FoT Quickening + Pillar of the Ancients build that has been surprisingly effective so far. Still tweaking my other skills as I'm trying out Backlash instead of Time of Need. Also trying out DR - Foresight instead of Blinding Flash to get a more permanent damage boost.

Trying to find more VIT and and AR without sacrificing much DPS but all my crafts are coming up short. Looking at yours, I guess I should start rolling the VIT recipes instead and hoping for DEX, instead of the other way around. My regen is solid though, lol!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/34716161
 
I tried out your TR/bells build with a Skorn but it just wasn't for me. Apparently I just don't feel right unless my Monk is super fast so the Skorn's slow AS just killed it for me. Now I'm trying a FoT Quickening + Pillar of the Ancients build that has been surprisingly effective so far. Still tweaking my other skills as I'm trying out Backlash instead of Time of Need. Also trying out DR - Foresight instead of Blinding Flash to get a more permanent damage boost.

Trying to find more VIT and and AR without sacrificing much DPS but all my crafts are coming up short. Looking at yours, I guess I should start rolling the VIT recipes instead and hoping for DEX, instead of the other way around. My regen is solid though, lol!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/34716161

That's kind of funny because the TR/Bell monk is the fastest in the game....just not with attack speed. TR/Bell only works if you can your spirit to generate faster than it depletes...and your ok with attacking slow and pretty much only hitting with bells.

My luck with Vit gear just seems to be better and I was getting vit to make up for lost VIT when I moved to skorn....Now that I'm quite happy without skorn I'll probably start crafting DEX...despite my luck.

When I build out my 1 hander monk I like to use this setup

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abkSge!TXg!YcZcbY

intimidation does 12% more damage and takes 10% less damage
Combination strike gives you at minimum 8% more damage and possibly 16% if you can throw a deadly reach in every now and again.

Then you can control the board a bit more with blinding light stunning them after each bell.....and sweeping winds will always produce more damage than breath of heaven.
 
Holy shit, Steve are you buying tomes again? They're up to 17k, highest I've ever seen.

no demonic essences are very slim to come by for me. I have sitting on a 300+ tome surplus.

Just did my 4th uber run. I now have 4 eye, 3 nails, and 0 spines.....and of as always The skeleton king portal spawned last.

It took me like 3 hour to get those 3 machines too.

I did just sell an echoing fury for 50 million so at least I'm no longer poor....still can't afford a skorn...and nor would I buy one at the prices being asked.
 
Heh, I'm the opposite, pushing 300 Demonic essences. At a 5:1 cost for bracers, I cant get tomes fast enough to keep up with my DE drop rate, I've given up on aiming for a better crafted shoulder.

My new goal is now 100/500k dps/ehp set with my current skillset. This doesnt include dodge or dropping exalted soul for STI when I go up against ubers. It's weird though, the spinning mobs in Act 2 still seem to do a lot of damage, especially the elite packs. Nothing too dangerous, but even MP1 can give a scare every now and then

I'm sitting at 90/460, my goal doesnt seem too far off.
 
Back
Top