Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

My wife and I were super excited about Diablo III, and pre-ordered two copies.

Before the first play through was over, I was fighting off waves of disappointment, telling myself it will pass, give the game a chance, etc.

By half way through the second play through I quit. I wasn't about to play through the exact same damn game four times and pretend it was all one game because they added some zeros to the end of various statistics each pass.

Then there is the RMH.

I honestly think it is one of the greatest scams ever perpetrated in the digital age. The horse armor in Oblivion was a great deal compared to paying hundreds of real dollars for a digital sword. Anonymously, I might add. Maybe it's a fellow player, maybe its blizzard. Who knows?

It could have been an amazing game, but it ended up being a gold-farming simulator who game design elements were built around the RMH and making money, instead of being built around fun and entertainment. :(
 
By half way through the second play through I quit. I wasn't about to play through the exact same damn game four times and pretend it was all one game because they added some zeros to the end of various statistics each pass.

You must not have played Diablo 2, it had the same stages of difficulty only difference being Diablo 2 didn't have inferno.
 
I did actually play Diablo II, but I never beat it, so I wasn't aware of the difficulty levels.

D2 was fine, but I have had to admit to myself, that those memories are heavily tainted with nostalgia.

This is somewhat off topic, but I was in the D2 beta, with my voodoo banshee vid card. I remember being mildly disappointed when the retail version came out, because they had increased the characters movement rate without changing the animation speed. The net result was the characters sort of ice-skated everywhere they walked. The animation/walkspeed was perfectly matched in the beta.

Also, for whatever reason, the retail version ran much poorer on that banshee than the beta. *shrug*
 
I did actually play Diablo II, but I never beat it, so I wasn't aware of the difficulty levels.

D2 was fine, but I have had to admit to myself, that those memories are heavily tainted with nostalgia.

I don't see how much nostalgia you could have had for a game you never even finished once. While killing Diablo in Inferno does provide a nice goal, the real fun of ARPGs is generally watching your character become more powerful as it becomes higher in level and more well-equipped. If you never finished D2 then I guess you wouldn't know the drill, but then, I don't see how you could have been that pumped for D3 if you hardly played D2.

The story (or at least the way they implemented it) in D3 is one of the worst I've ever seen, quite frankly, but that was never why I wanted to play it, nor was it the reason I played D2 for years. A little less of a hack job would have been nice for D3 though, considering that there is no non-story mode.
 
Wow I didn't think you people actually existed. Who in their right mind would pre-order a game they know absolutely nothing about.

Not beating D2 should of been a clear indication that you don't like this type of game. So For your own good stop playing ARPG's and stop cluelessly pre-ordering games.

100% your own fault...on top of that blizzard offered a 100% refund to anyone who wasn't satisfied with the game.

I hope to baby Thor you are just trolling.
 
Wow I didn't think you people actually existed. Who in their right mind would pre-order a game they know absolutely nothing about.

Not beating D2 should of been a clear indication that you don't like this type of game. So For your own good stop playing ARPG's and stop cluelessly pre-ordering games.

100% your own fault...on top of that blizzard offered a 100% refund to anyone who wasn't satisfied with the game.

I hope to baby Thor you are just trolling.

lol, I was about to post the same thing but got distracted. Buys D2, doesn't even finish Normal. Somehow gets excited for D3(?) and then is disappointed and gets bored with it too. If I never beat D2, D3 would have never been on my radar as a buy.
 
First off, and let me be perfectly clear here: lol, baby Thor. :p

I see where you guys are coming from. I was a willing participant in the hype building up the games release. I genuinely thought I would get into it and have a blast.

Sure, that's my fault.

I spent a lot of time playing D2, as I recall, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I expected the same thing here? I guess the game is just so orientated towards the CARPG grind, to appeal to certain players and the RMH, it just moved out of the area of what I enjoy.

As far as how much about the game I knew, I knew as much as anyone who pre-orders anything does. I know what I was told. I had played the prequel and enjoyed it, even if I didn't beat it. I knew several people that were excited to play it and wanted to play co-op. Seemed like a sure thing.

I just hadn't been cognizant of the extent to which the game had been focused around monetization.

I enjoyed Fate, TL, TQ, D1, D2, TL2, and Divine Divinity. Come to think of it though, out of all those games the only one I beat was D1. I still enjoyed them though.

I also feel a lot more involved with a game with branching skill trees and skill points. Being assigned skills as you level up is just so arbitrary. Builds just seem meaningless when you can just change your mind and re-assign skills to hotkeys differently. Where is the dedication and risk in that? Where is your personality as a player coming through in the character?

It just seems like the MMO syndrome. If I am going to spend my time boringly grinding away for incremental gain, why not just go to work and makes some IRL money?

Oh, well, I guess they made it possible to do both. Kudos to them, but that ain't for me, and I wouldn't mind having my $120 back. (Must of missed out on the refund offer, which is too bad. I might have been a little less butt-sore in that scenario.)

EDIT: I think if I am honest with myself, I am upset at preordering the game instead of waiting. It is the only game I have ever pre-ordered since Neverwinter Nights 1, and it's just buyer's remorse all over the place.
 
Since I haven't been playing much, until my new router comes in, I have been riding the Auction House while catching up on some movies.....its safe to say I have enough gear now.

2 x BlackThorne's armor
1 x BlackThorne's belt
1 x hellcat belt
1 x inna's belt
1 x inna's armor
3 x inna's helmets
3 x high powered non skorn life steal weapons
3 x stone of Jordan's spirit regen
1 x IK gloves
1 x IK boots
1 x Tyrel's might
1 x Unity
1 x lithia of the whatever
1 x sun keepers mace ( 10 elite damage )
1 x all res spear ( 4 elite damage)

all of them for major steals. spent less than 20 mill for the whole package (I know because I only had 20 million)

I wanted a Skorn with life steal but damn....the price of those have sky rocketed. The price of blackthornes pants and amulet are also in the 30+ million range.

I'm going to do a elite damage build for the fun of it.

SunKeepers + 10
AllRes Spear + 4
Hellcat + 4
Tyrels might + 4
lithia of the whatever +4
Stone of Jordan +28 .....couldn't get a +30 for cheap.
= 62 % extra damage to elites.......we'll see how it works out.

As far as how much about the game I knew, I knew as much as anyone who pre-orders anything does. I know what I was told. I had played the prequel and enjoyed it, even if I didn't beat it. I knew several people that were excited to play it and wanted to play co-op. Seemed like a sure thing.

So you didn't know they'd have an auction house, dynamic skills, and repetitive gameplay? because I knew all of those things. The only thing that took me by surprise with D3 was just how bad the item design was.

Well now you know some valuable life lessons. 1 never pre-order anything unless you are 100% positive you are going to like it and you get something special for pre-order (discount or goodies)... If you played all those games and only passed D1....you don't like this type of game as much as you think. These game's are designed to grab you and force you to play it till your eyes bleed...I played D1, D2, TQ, TL, TL2, and D3 for at least 20 hours strait when I first picked them up.

I never have and still don't except RMAH or AH as a valid negative...and it you have a problem with RMAH then just play HardCore like a badass...
 
Last edited:
D3 looks kinda interesting for the story

lol

I've started the game a few times with the intent of listening to the story and shit.. but it's just so poorly delivered that my brain subconsciously tunes it out against my will.

I actually have to try to pay attention to it, but all the writing is so generic. I'm pretty sure every boss says something like, "You'll never defeat me!!!!!!"

It's all just so retarded and cliche. Not to mention the cutscenes which add nothing to the story at all.

EDIT: I think if I am honest with myself, I am upset at preordering the game instead of waiting. It is the only game I have ever pre-ordered since Neverwinter Nights 1, and it's just buyer's remorse all over the place.

Yea I heavily invested in this game, to the tune of $180 on preorder. Everyone i knew was going to play it, so like you it sounded like a sure thing. I did play it a lot with my buddies, and none of us returned it, but the only reason we didn't is because we hoped it'd get patched up. Shit, i'm still hoping that.
 
Wow I didn't think you people actually existed. Who in their right mind would pre-order a game they know absolutely nothing about.

You would be suprised. I know a few people that just bought it for the simple fact it was a Blizzard game. I have some people on my Battlenet friends list that played for about 2 hours on release and have yet to log in again. Expensive hour or 2 of entertainment.
 
You would be suprised. I know a few people that just bought it for the simple fact it was a Blizzard game. I have some people on my Battlenet friends list that played for about 2 hours on release and have yet to log in again. Expensive hour or 2 of entertainment.

Well hopefully they can justify it by having a lot of disposable income. 60 bucks is a completely different figure to different people.

I don't think I have pre-ordered a game in my life......I think I'll change that with Dark Souls 2 though....I want them to have my money as soon as possible.
 
First off, and let me be perfectly clear here: lol, baby Thor. :p

I see where you guys are coming from. I was a willing participant in the hype building up the games release. I genuinely thought I would get into it and have a blast.

Sure, that's my fault.

I spent a lot of time playing D2, as I recall, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I expected the same thing here? I guess the game is just so orientated towards the CARPG grind, to appeal to certain players and the RMH, it just moved out of the area of what I enjoy.

As far as how much about the game I knew, I knew as much as anyone who pre-orders anything does. I know what I was told. I had played the prequel and enjoyed it, even if I didn't beat it. I knew several people that were excited to play it and wanted to play co-op. Seemed like a sure thing.

I just hadn't been cognizant of the extent to which the game had been focused around monetization.

I enjoyed Fate, TL, TQ, D1, D2, TL2, and Divine Divinity. Come to think of it though, out of all those games the only one I beat was D1. I still enjoyed them though.

I also feel a lot more involved with a game with branching skill trees and skill points. Being assigned skills as you level up is just so arbitrary. Builds just seem meaningless when you can just change your mind and re-assign skills to hotkeys differently. Where is the dedication and risk in that? Where is your personality as a player coming through in the character?

It just seems like the MMO syndrome. If I am going to spend my time boringly grinding away for incremental gain, why not just go to work and makes some IRL money?

Oh, well, I guess they made it possible to do both. Kudos to them, but that ain't for me, and I wouldn't mind having my $120 back. (Must of missed out on the refund offer, which is too bad. I might have been a little less butt-sore in that scenario.)

EDIT: I think if I am honest with myself, I am upset at preordering the game instead of waiting. It is the only game I have ever pre-ordered since Neverwinter Nights 1, and it's just buyer's remorse all over the place.

The way you complain about the RMAH is an excercise in ignorance. Your living in a bubble if you don't know that d2 and its clones with an online 'closed' system doesn't have real money trading, sanctioned or not. The same argument of just going to work applies just as much to D2, just go buy a windforce of a breath of the dying ephemeral hydra Bow online for $2 . Or just hack a character in d1 so you can spam an archangels staff of apocalypse.

This is further emphasized that you're complaining about RMAH before even clearing nightmare. It's true that D3 suffers from item issues, we are all aware of that, but those issues only arise in inferno and at lvl 60. Since launch, I was perfectly fine with item progression from normal through hell. If you're struggling with nightmare to the point where you're already bitching about RMAH, then that's a personal issue. I'd be pretty embarrassed to admit that I'm struggling that bad on nightmare. I made it all the way to diablo in inferno before the RMAH ever went live, so there is concrete proof that the RMAH is never needed, especially since difficulty has been nerfed multiple times and gear, drop rates, and skills have been buffed multiple times.

You then go on to complain about lack of customization, but you never even beat normal D2? You would hardly have had the skill points to have any cool builds by then, and most likely you never even hit 30 to unlock the highest level skills. You probably never experienced rune words, horadic crafting, any cool synergy builds, MF gear sets, so how can you even talk about customization?


Well hopefully they can justify it by having a lot of disposable income. 60 bucks is a completely different figure to different people.

I don't think I have pre-ordered a game in my life......I think I'll change that with Dark Souls 2 though....I want them to have my money as soon as possible.
I pre-order games all the time, but I do more research than before. Last preorder I regretted was hellgate London. That game was an abomination, and I put that on the lowest circle of hell in terms of worst games ever. The only game that keeps is company is the original FF14.

My current preorder is a realm reborn, once I get more info, I might preorder the bureau.
 
Last edited:
I pre-order games all the time, but I do more research than before. Last preorder I regretted was hellgate London. That game was an abomination, and I put that on the lowest circle of hell in terms of worst games ever. The only game that keeps is company is the original FF14.

My current preorder is a realm reborn, once I get more info, I might preorder the bureau.

While not a pre-order I was burned by my own ignorance with a limited edition of 'Growlanser: Heritage of War' on the PS2. All the previous Growlansers where completely amazing so I didn't feel the need to look into the game at all....in some ways I guess buying blindly is just as bad if not worse then pre-ordering blindly.
 
Sure are some righteous people in here. If you feel the game might be worth it then pre-order and not worry about it. How many games has everyone pre-prdered and turned out the game was great, more than not I bet? I don't pre-order games but I also don't point fingers at those who do.
 
I don't really care if people themselves want to blow huge wads of cash on digital items.

The problem with D3 is that the game is designed around the RMAH. The company makes huge profits off a gameplay device that arguably makes the game less than it could have been.

Imagine a D3 that was 4 times longer, had a good story and characters, and on every play through you had a real chance to get a piece of some of the best gear? No AHs of any kind!

The other factor for me is, I never played D2 online. Exploits and cheats just destroy fun and immersion. I can't help but see the AHs as sanctioned cheating systems.

Whoever mentioned the life lesson was right though. Now, whether I actually follow that good advice is another matter entirely, lol. (Kickstarted like 4 games; the ultimate in blind pre-ordering! :eek: )

I guess it also comes down to play style as well. Do you know why I pick the lightning skill tree? It's not because of a specific build, or DPS, or any of the rest of that power gaming stuff. It's because shooting lightning out of your fingertips and frying demons from hell is cool.
 
The problem with D3 is that the game is designed around the RMAH. The company makes huge profits off a gameplay device that arguably makes the game less than it could have been.

Imagine a D3 that was 4 times longer, had a good story and characters, and on every play through you had a real chance to get a piece of some of the best gear? No AHs of any kind!

The other factor for me is, I never played D2 online. Exploits and cheats just destroy fun and immersion. I can't help but see the AHs as sanctioned cheating systems.

I guess it also comes down to play style as well. Do you know why I pick the lightning skill tree? It's not because of a specific build, or DPS, or any of the rest of that power gaming stuff. It's because shooting lightning out of your fingertips and frying demons from hell is cool.

I wish this person was in charge of D3 development, maybe we would have gotten a proper game.
 
I don't really care if people themselves want to blow huge wads of cash on digital items.

The problem with D3 is that the game is designed around the RMAH. The company makes huge profits off a gameplay device that arguably makes the game less than it could have been.

Imagine a D3 that was 4 times longer, had a good story and characters, and on every play through you had a real chance to get a piece of some of the best gear? No AHs of any kind!

The other factor for me is, I never played D2 online. Exploits and cheats just destroy fun and immersion. I can't help but see the AHs as sanctioned cheating systems.

Whoever mentioned the life lesson was right though. Now, whether I actually follow that good advice is another matter entirely, lol. (Kickstarted like 4 games; the ultimate in blind pre-ordering! :eek: )

I guess it also comes down to play style as well. Do you know why I pick the lightning skill tree? It's not because of a specific build, or DPS, or any of the rest of that power gaming stuff. It's because shooting lightning out of your fingertips and frying demons from hell is cool.

Figured you'd get to your real reason for posting here eventually and from here on out I ignore because you are either Lying, Trolling, regurgitating someone else's words, or a combination strike of the them.

Doesn't get past normal in D3 and clams to know the game is built around the RMAH.
 
What I find kind of fascinating is that several assumptions I had were proved false. For instance, I had been assuming I was in the target audience, but it seems likely that I am not.

I had also assumed that the things which I considered flaws were merely being overlooked or accepted by the people who do like the game. It turns out that those 'flaws' were the very things that they were enjoying about the game.
 
ive gotten a bit farther in Diablo 3 I am around level 15 right now and I will say that I am BORED already and losing focus. Im glad It was free because I honestly dont think I can go any farther. Im sure theres alot of people that truly love the game but im done from here

If you don't like the early part of the game, you will really not like the rest. TBH, level 1-20 was quite a bit of fun for me.
 
I guess it also comes down to play style as well. Do you know why I pick the lightning skill tree? It's not because of a specific build, or DPS, or any of the rest of that power gaming stuff. It's because shooting lightning out of your fingertips and frying demons from hell is cool.

If you don't care about the most efficient builds and top gear, then the amount of combinations at lvl 60 is staggering. There's over 4 trillion passive and active skill combinations per class. Wanna hit an enemy with ice, fire, poison and lightning at the same time? Sure. Spam living lightning until they reach you, drop a venom hydra,freeze them with ice nova, then cast meteor and create some distance while the delayed meteor hits. Go full ice? Ray of frost, blizzard, ice hydra, ice armor that shit.

Imagine a D3 that was 4 times longer, had a good story and characters, and on every play through you had a real chance to get a piece of some of the best gear? No AHs of any kind!

The other factor for me is, I never played D2 online. Exploits and cheats just destroy fun and immersion. I can't help but see the AHs as sanctioned cheating systems.

Some of the best gear in the game comes from self crafted account bound items. Shoulders, amulets, gloves, bracers, and the hellfire ring can roll the best stats and potentially blow legendary tradable items out of the water. But like the rest of the people out there who don't even really know the game before they whine about the RMAH, you'll never know that self found is more viable than ever.

It's also pretty stupid to think that content was somehow limited by the addition of the RMAH. Why would you think there's any less writing because of the RMAH? Were writers laboriously slaving over coding the RMAH instead of writing dialogue? Were creature designers making less monsters because they were coding the RMAH? Level designers? Sound artists? Animators? Content creation, quality, or quantity has nothing to do with RMAH. I think most of the RMAH development required more legal than anything else, and most of the coding was done by the battle.net team and not the diablo 3 developers.
 
I mean, the code for the RMAH really wouldn't take much work. Copy the GAH, change a few variables and add a few extra checks. An hour or two actual code work. Like BotD said, mostly legal.

Also, Stevedave, I'm going to laugh when all your elite damage gets you one shot on a reflect :p

I finally picked up a zuni ring (although a bad one), so I have my 4 set and can zombie bears forever!
 
I mean, the code for the RMAH really wouldn't take much work. Copy the GAH, change a few variables and add a few extra checks. An hour or two actual code work. Like BotD said, mostly legal.

Also, Stevedave, I'm going to laugh when all your elite damage gets you one shot on a reflect :p

I finally picked up a zuni ring (although a bad one), so I have my 4 set and can zombie bears forever!

both the weapons have life steal.....I'm not a crazy person.......but when I run up on a reflect damage mob I'm going to test the waters with some small hits before dropping a bell on their head just in case.

It has been driving me crazy because I have 2 fangs and 2 eyes.....and I need 2 spines stingy Mag and King....I just want my HC hell fire rings.
 
4 trillion is a lot, even if most of those combinations are nonsensical. I have to wonder though, what's the point of playing at level 60? You've beaten the game like 30 times by then (counting each and every diablo fight as a game). So you've got 4 trillion combinations to play through the same game and beat the same enemies in the same areas over and over again... to get better loot.

What are the options at level 3, or 7? For me, the first play through was the one that mattered. It gave me the story, introduced game mechanics, and set the tone. Yet, it's the least fun part of the game by design. The first 10 to 20 hours of game apparently don't give me a real impression of what the game is like.

That's cool about the account bound items. You are correct, in that I wasn't aware that is how that works. I think it might have been neat if ALL high level items were account bound, and there were no AHs of any kind. Combined with server side characters, that would have leveled the playing field as well. Instead, they opted to level the playing field by making the cheat/exploit available to everyone equally while they turned a healthy profit on the side.

I don't think writers were coding the RMAH, obviously. What I do think is that people in positions of authority made choices that led to game design decisions informed by the presence and importance of the RMAH/AH to their business model.

I'm not saying its the worst game ever made, or even a really bad one, millions of people play and enjoy it. I am saying that my experience sucked, and certain obvious (to me) choices had been made that led to that experience.

I'm glad that others are enjoying it so much, it would have been truly sad for all those artists and programmers to have worked on something for so long and not had a sizable audience to enjoy and appreciate it.

Also, no hard feelings toward anyone. I walked into a lion's den and kicked a cub, the reactions are to be expected.

For what it's worth though, I feel like I understand somewhat better why people like and play this game, even if I don't. I'll come back and read any posts directed towards me, but I don't want to derail this thread any more with my strongly differing opinion. In retrospect, might have made more sense for me to start a separate thread for my opinions and inquiries.
 
4 trillion is a lot, even if most of those combinations are nonsensical. I have to wonder though, what's the point of playing at level 60? You've beaten the game like 30 times by then (counting each and every diablo fight as a game). So you've got 4 trillion combinations to play through the same game and beat the same enemies in the same areas over and over again... to get better loot.

What are the options at level 3, or 7? For me, the first play through was the one that mattered. It gave me the story, introduced game mechanics, and set the tone. Yet, it's the least fun part of the game by design. The first 10 to 20 hours of game apparently don't give me a real impression of what the game is like.

That's cool about the account bound items. You are correct, in that I wasn't aware that is how that works. I think it might have been neat if ALL high level items were account bound, and there were no AHs of any kind. Combined with server side characters, that would have leveled the playing field as well. Instead, they opted to level the playing field by making the cheat/exploit available to everyone equally while they turned a healthy profit on the side.

I don't think writers were coding the RMAH, obviously. What I do think is that people in positions of authority made choices that led to game design decisions informed by the presence and importance of the RMAH/AH to their business model.

I'm not saying its the worst game ever made, or even a really bad one, millions of people play and enjoy it. I am saying that my experience sucked, and certain obvious (to me) choices had been made that led to that experience.

I'm glad that others are enjoying it so much, it would have been truly sad for all those artists and programmers to have worked on something for so long and not had a sizable audience to enjoy and appreciate it.

Also, no hard feelings toward anyone. I walked into a lion's den and kicked a cub, the reactions are to be expected.

For what it's worth though, I feel like I understand somewhat better why people like and play this game, even if I don't. I'll come back and read any posts directed towards me, but I don't want to derail this thread any more with my strongly differing opinion. In retrospect, might have made more sense for me to start a separate thread for my opinions and inquiries.

have you ever played a video game before? People still play the same maps over and over again in thousands of games. D2, BF2, Counter-strike, and many other old ass game's with no new content. The point of playing video games is to have fun.

Shit I whipped out some Mega Man 2 over the weekend and I have that entire game memorized and I still have a blast playing it....Tetris is one of the most popular games on this planet and that map never fucking changes and don't even get me started about the lame story-line.

It has nothing to do with you walking into a lions nest and kicking a cub....it has to do with you being utterly clueless...

Please baby Thor give me the will power to ignore.
 
While not a pre-order I was burned by my own ignorance with a limited edition of 'Growlanser: Heritage of War' on the PS2. All the previous Growlansers where completely amazing so I didn't feel the need to look into the game at all....in some ways I guess buying blindly is just as bad if not worse then pre-ordering blindly.

Wow, I did the exact same. Growlanser Generations was great, so Heritage of War is gonna be great, right?

That taught me a lot about pre-ordering.
 
Wow, I did the exact same. Growlanser Generations was great, so Heritage of War is gonna be great, right?

That taught me a lot about pre-ordering.

The odds of this are rare indeed.....I hate to admin that I have 2 copies of this game a regular copy I used to open and play.....and the unopened limited edition I was hoping would be worth something someday.....I sold an unopened copy of FF7 for 300 bucks a few weeks before buying both of these.

The bare minimum amount of research would have told me that Working Designs, the people who made so many other brilliant games, didn't make this game and I would have saw the red flag.
 
Actually, Working Designs didn't make any games. They just ported and translated popular Japanese games over to NA.

Almost everything they brought over was solid gold though. I miss those days.
 
Blizzard is an awful company. Diablo 3 is an awful game. All you fanboys should feel awful for having enjoyed it.
 
What about non-fanboys that had a lot of bad things to say about it, but still admitted it was a pretty fun game for the majority of the time we spent with it? I get to feel less awful, right?
 
spent another 2 mill on rolling shoulders, got almost all the right affixes, just low rolls

Dex shoulders
206 Dex (ugly low)
44 str (at least good for armor which I'm still lacking)
75 vit (not bad)
6% life (if only this were higher....)
59 Light resist (good since lightning is my OWE element of choice)
67 Resist all (not bad)
20% Magic find (a perfect roll I wish was on any one of the other stats I'm going for)

It's currently equipped now
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deliverer-1886/hero/33882289

This allowed me to lob off the rest of my vit gems, stay at 90k dps, and jump up another 30k ehp to 430k ehp. with 500 AR and 3.7k armor, I still feel squishy sometimes in MP1
 
Blizzard is an awful company. Diablo 3 is an awful game. All you fanboys should feel awful for having enjoyed it.

Damn if only I knew earlier, I guess I'll uninstall it then.

People don't want other people having fun with things they hate.
 
Or he was being sarcastic...

I still have fun with D3 and there's still lots to be done. It's granted that with the summer I spend less time on D3 so I can enjoy the sun.
 
Or he was being sarcastic...

I still have fun with D3 and there's still lots to be done. It's granted that with the summer I spend less time on D3 so I can enjoy the sun.

I'll be honest, my desire to continue with my HC character dropped significantly since I've reached my goal of dps and EHP with LS. I guess part of the reason is that with such an expensive gear lineup, I'm scared to lose it all.

XIV pre release is coming soon, so I'll probably stop with d3 until 1.09
 
I'll be honest, my desire to continue with my HC character dropped significantly since I've reached my goal of dps and EHP with LS. I guess part of the reason is that with such an expensive gear lineup, I'm scared to lose it all.

XIV pre release is coming soon, so I'll probably stop with d3 until 1.09

Sound logic. I lost 2 High end monks. I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough gold/luck to fully be able to replace my last one.

Made it to level 57 in 6 hours. About an hour longer then I was exspecting but I had to slow down a bit and level up to get too hell.

New router comes today I'm not playing HC on it till It's fully tested.

Hell is a bit awckward from level 50 to 57 you have no allres but could use allres. From 57 on its a cake walk assuming you find some level 57 gear with all res.......and as always your level reduction weapon.
 
Last edited:
My Monk reached Paragon level 85 this morning, and at the moment I'm over halfway to 86. It's strange, the closer I'm getting to 100, the more the sense of progression seems to be increasing.


The amount of XP from farming white mobs on MP10 is just crazy, and every Elite with easy affixes that can be taken out quickly is a bonus. With difficult Elites I just let them kill me quickly and move on to the next area, it's faster then trying to avoid them. Since PL 80 I'm playing short games where I aim to fill two (three or four if in the mood) out of ten parts from the XP bar every session.

The last weeks I'm gaining one PL level every day with three/four levels during the weekend. I'm happy I kept playing with my Monk, it's the only character, even with PL85, that for some reason still feels "fresh" and fun to play with.
 
Last edited:
My Monk reached Paragon level 85 this morning, and at the moment I'm over halfway to 86. It's strange, the closer I'm getting to 100, the more the sense of progression seems to be increasing.


The amount of XP from farming white mobs on MP10 is just crazy, and every Elite with easy affixes that can be taken out quickly is a bonus. With difficult Elites I just let them kill me quickly and move on to the next area, it's faster then trying to avoid them. Since PL 80 I'm playing short games where I aim to fill two (three or four if in the mood) out of ten parts from the XP bar every session.

The last weeks I'm gaining one PL level every day with three/four levels during the weekend. I'm happy I kept playing with my Monk, it's the only character, even with PL85, that for some reason still feels "fresh" and fun to play with.

My monk is at MP 86.....Which is why I stopped blasting with him. I don't want to reach MP 100 because then when I play him it will feel like a waste of EXP.

On top of the insane amount of EXP every monster drops an additional Item. in SC nothing really comes close to MP10 trash mobbing.

I recorded some videos and tested the EXP speeds and its actually slightly faster to get 5 stacks before going to the high density trash mob locations. I didn't think it would be but it was. I was averaging around 100 mill per hour without 5 stack and 125 million with 5 stack........This is assuming you are using tempest rush bell monk.

However in terms of fun factor I like just killing the white mobs and skipping the elites \/ this is crazy fun....plus I think you get more rare items that way too.
http://youtu.be/Ip-nb9b-hKU?t=36s
 
Back
Top