• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Sound logic. I lost 2 High end monks. I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough gold/luck to fully be able to replace my last one.

Made it to level 57 in 6 hours. About an hour longer then I was exspecting but I had to slow down a bit and level up to get too hell.

New router comes today I'm not playing HC on it till It's fully tested.

Hell is a bit awckward from level 50 to 57 you have no allres but could use allres. From 57 on its a cake walk assuming you find some level 57 gear with all res.......and as always your level reduction weapon.

Man I cant believe you made it to 57 in 6 hours. I think I have close to 6 hours in and im only 12 lol. It is only my first play through though so Im taking my time and exploring everything.
 
Man I cant believe you made it to 57 in 6 hours. I think I have close to 6 hours in and im only 12 lol. It is only my first play through though so Im taking my time and exploring everything.

Are you using monster power? It's quite easy for the first few difficulty levels, and if you're playing softcore, there isn't any penalty for dying. It's a massive EXP boost while leveling.
 
actually monster power makes it slower unless you are leveling to get to a new difficulty. It seems like it should be faster but its not.

the exp in this game grows exponentially based on where you are at in the game. And the EXP decreases as you come close to the same level as the monsters.


Graph of EXP required per level
http://gyazo.com/b516bb290cd7ac986c15717acc694ecd.png

Graph of monster level per area
http://www.d3-blog.com/files/diablo3-experience-chart.jpg

the objective is to go as fast as you can to act 4 and then level up there if you need too....which for normal you wont. You should always be 3 levels behind the monsters you are fighting.

So monsters in normal will give you say 100 exp where monster in nightmare will give you 1000 and 10000 in hell. the soon you get to the 10000exp drops the better.

its risky to go too fast because you may die....but if you have 3 dead monks at level 60 you have a bucket of gear to put on as you progress.

made it to Inferno in 7 hours....I could at least do 6 if I really put effort into it....possibly 5.

.....also only a tempest rush monk can get these times on a regular basis. A Demon hunter has a too great of a risk of death and a barb's fury drains to quick.


This had to have taken longer than me getting to inferno.



.....not having skorn sucks
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251
 
Are you using monster power? It's quite easy for the first few difficulty levels, and if you're playing softcore, there isn't any penalty for dying. It's a massive EXP boost while leveling.

No im not using monster power at the moment. Like I said its my first play through seeing as I just got the game so I would be taking it slow anyway.

actually monster power makes it slower unless you are leveling to get to a new difficulty. It seems like it should be faster but its not.

the exp in this game grows exponentially based on where you are at in the game. And the EXP decreases as you come close to the same level as the monsters.


Graph of EXP required per level
http://gyazo.com/b516bb290cd7ac986c15717acc694ecd.png

Graph of monster level per area
http://www.d3-blog.com/files/diablo3-experience-chart.jpg

the objective is to go as fast as you can to act 4 and then level up there if you need too....which for normal you wont. You should always be 3 levels behind the monsters you are fighting.

So monsters in normal will give you say 100 exp where monster in nightmare will give you 1000 and 10000 in hell. the soon you get to the 10000exp drops the better.

its risky to go too fast because you may die....but if you have 3 dead monks at level 60 you have a bucket of gear to put on as you progress.

made it to Inferno in 7 hours....I could at least do 6 if I really put effort into it....possibly 5.

.....also only a tempest rush monk can get these times on a regular basis. A Demon hunter has a too great of a risk of death and a barb's fury drains to quick.

Yeah I'm sure having gear stock piled makes it easier. I'm also playing as a barb which will slow me down as well. I'm still having a blast though and that's all that matters to me.
 
No im not using monster power at the moment. Like I said its my first play through seeing as I just got the game so I would be taking it slow anyway.



Yeah I'm sure having gear stock piled makes it easier. I'm also playing as a barb which will slow me down as well. I'm still having a blast though and that's all that matters to me.

My first play through I searched every nook and cranny like a granny. I took a week off work and put in a disgusting 18 hours a day average for 7 days....and didn't even beat the game in inferno for like 3 weeks.

..........Wireless AC kicks wicked ass

110 down 20 up

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2831506017
 

Ha ha that sums up D3 perfectly. That was truly genius! Next time I watch CRO or KingKongor create 1,000 amulets in one sitting and get absolutely nothing, I'll think of that video. Best was CRO spending 3 billion gold to ID Echoing Fury weapons and getting absolutely nothing. Poor guy left them all on the ground and logged. I think one got to 1200 dps and another 3 or 4 were 1100 dps.

:)
 
Ha ha that sums up D3 perfectly. That was truly genius! Next time I watch CRO or KingKongor create 1,000 amulets in one sitting and get absolutely nothing, I'll think of that video. Best was CRO spending 3 billion gold to ID Echoing Fury weapons and getting absolutely nothing. Poor guy left them all on the ground and logged. I think one got to 1200 dps and another 3 or 4 were 1100 dps.

:)

Thats how all ARPGs are. It doesnt matter if what type of crafting, trading, and currency system is behind it. Trash is relative to the rate gear can be acquired, not the color or even the stats on it.

You could double the legendary rate, half the drop rate, triple the loot quality, and you'll find just as much trash. Once the economy balances out, what used to be considered godly will now be trash.

The same video can be done in PoE, TL2, TQ, D2, and any game that falls into the same genre
 
Last edited:
My first play through I searched every nook and cranny like a granny. I took a week off work and put in a disgusting 18 hours a day average for 7 days....and didn't even beat the game in inferno for like 3 weeks.

Yeah thats pretty much what im doing is searching through everything. Thats pretty much how I played D2 for the most part too. Once I get through normal then I will most likely start skipping through stuff.
 
There's over 4 trillion passive and active skill combinations per class.

Complete and absolute shill. Everything you defend the game with existed only *after* a massive backlash from the community, and 6+ months after release at that. And to add weight to that, this is from Blizzard, whose mantra is (supposed to be) "When it's done"

Legendaries not actually having unique (or even viable) stats? 3 months after release
Worthwhile craftables? 6 months after release
The quoted "trillions of combos"? A huge amount are simply "palette swaps" with no functional difference, several didn't work at all for months after release. Many were, and still are, complete un-viable. Some skills are considered absolutely required for several classes.

Had D3 stayed in the "vision" of the team like it was at release, not even you would be playing it anymore. No one would. It was a horrible, horrible game at release and while yes it has gotten better, we shouldn't have had to wait for it to. We shouldn't have had to wait for the dev team to "figure out" that attack speed would scale too fast, that going from act1 inferno to Act2 shouldn't require gear that doesn't even drop in Act1 inferno save for a handful of very specific specs, that 4 monks with a certain skill would have 100% uptime of immortality, that millions of people would want to play the game they paid for the day it was released...

The only reason this game is even remotely playable today is from people that made an uproar about its massive, fundamental problems.
 
Last edited:

Complete and absolute shill. Everything you defend the game with existed only *after* a massive backlash from the community, and 6+ months after release at that. And to add weight to that, this is from Blizzard, whose mantra is (supposed to be) "When it's done"

Legendaries not actually having unique (or even viable) stats? 3 months after release
Worthwhile craftables? 6 months after release
The quoted "trillions of combos"? A huge amount are simply "palette swaps" with no functional difference, several didn't work at all for months after release. Many were, and still are, complete un-viable. Some skills are considered absolutely required for several classes.

Had D3 stayed in the "vision" of the team like it was at release, not even you would be playing it anymore. No one would. It was a horrible, horrible game at release and while yes it has gotten better, we shouldn't have had to wait for it to. We shouldn't have had to wait for the dev team to "figure out" that attack speed would scale too fast, that going from act1 inferno to Act2 shouldn't require gear that doesn't even drop in Act1 inferno save for a handful of very specific specs, that 4 monks with a certain skill would have 100% uptime of immortality, that millions of people would want to play the game they paid for the day it was released...

The only reason this game is even remotely playable today is from people that made an uproar about its massive, fundamental problems.

I knew you liked this game and couldn't stay away. What's your battlenet name? We'll be in game bff's
 
My monk is at MP 86.....Which is why I stopped blasting with him. I don't want to reach MP 100 because then when I play him it will feel like a waste of EXP.

On top of the insane amount of EXP every monster drops an additional Item. in SC nothing really comes close to MP10 trash mobbing.

I recorded some videos and tested the EXP speeds and its actually slightly faster to get 5 stacks before going to the high density trash mob locations. I didn't think it would be but it was. I was averaging around 100 mill per hour without 5 stack and 125 million with 5 stack........This is assuming you are using tempest rush bell monk.

However in terms of fun factor I like just killing the white mobs and skipping the elites \/ this is crazy fun....plus I think you get more rare items that way too.
http://youtu.be/Ip-nb9b-hKU?t=36s


I remember that video. Really enjoyed watching it again. I also had that video in mind when adding Wave of Light into the build again. Thanks again for your advice back then about white mob farming. It really helped me a lot.

===

Sometimes I still go Elite hunting though, although it's not efficient. Just a few I came across during a play session.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCzS2CEJjPw
 
Tired out my elite damage build last not on some MP3 ubers....Had a couple rough moments but over all pretty damn good considering I paid less than a million for both weapons.........I now have 3 nails and 3 eyes.....0 spines. This is some bull shit. I'm at 100% drop rate for Ghom and Kuul and 0% drop rate for king.....I'll get a damn HC hell fire ring eventually.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251

EHP = 800,907 despite having less than 50k health.

DPS 38,480.54
DPS vs Elites 55,659.47

Not quite as high as I was expecting but I was only able to get 53 % elite damage instead of 60 % like I originally planned.

damage reduction is pretty crazy.

Armor 5,506.5
All Resist 520.4
Block Chance 0%
Dodge Chance 41.97%
Armor Damage Reduction 63.61%
Total Damage Reduction 90.4%

That doesn't include the 40 % bonus armor from Keen strike and 20% all res from Time of need.



Complete and absolute shill. Everything you defend the game with existed only *after* a massive backlash from the community, and 6+ months after release at that. And to add weight to that, this is from Blizzard, whose mantra is (supposed to be) "When it's done"

Legendaries not actually having unique (or even viable) stats? 3 months after release
Worthwhile craftables? 6 months after release
The quoted "trillions of combos"? A huge amount are simply "palette swaps" with no functional difference, several didn't work at all for months after release. Many were, and still are, complete un-viable. Some skills are considered absolutely required for several classes.

Had D3 stayed in the "vision" of the team like it was at release, not even you would be playing it anymore. No one would. It was a horrible, horrible game at release and while yes it has gotten better, we shouldn't have had to wait for it to. We shouldn't have had to wait for the dev team to "figure out" that attack speed would scale too fast, that going from act1 inferno to Act2 shouldn't require gear that doesn't even drop in Act1 inferno save for a handful of very specific specs, that 4 monks with a certain skill would have 100% uptime of immortality, that millions of people would want to play the game they paid for the day it was released...

The only reason this game is even remotely playable today is from people that made an uproar about its massive, fundamental problems.

Maybe we played different games. I thought the game was fun as hell when it was first launched (most important part of a game is fun factor). Sure some of the skills were and still are useless in terms of making the best build and sure crafting and legendary items sucked ass. Even with all of that the game was still bad ass. Only whinny little bitches couldn't get into act 2 with gear found in act 1.....it's called difficulty and I liked it. I got into act 2, 3, 4 and killed and diablo just fine NO AH pre 1.0.3. ......and to be clear when I say 'just fine' I mean I got the shit kicked right the fuck out of me the entire time.

You just and to use a thing called Skill to make best use of what you had.

In terms of its massive fundamental problems.....None of them have been fixed in my eyes.
they fixed the obvious fixes to broken skills, completely dropped the difficulty from the game to make whinny little bitches who should of stayed in hell happy, improved legendary items (which doesn't address the core issue), and added in some end game content.

Even without these features the game was fun as shit....in fact getting my shit pushed in by elites was some of the most fun I had in this game....which that public out cry you mentioned killed.

I enjoyed Launch D3 far more than Launch D2. D2 didn't really shine till the ex-pack.

.....also finding bug and exploits are fun in themselves.
 
Last edited:
Fire sale Tome of Secrets on Hardcore imo. They're going for 15k atm

I'd jump all over that.....except for the fact I haven't gotten a demonic essence since I've been in inferno.

Its like sometimes the game breaks and doesn't register what Monster Power and level I'm on. I ran all the way through Act 1 and did 2 extra runs on MP3 and not 1 Demonic essence. On top of that I found 3 ledgendaries under level 60: Nailbiter, ThreeHundred spear, and dark mages shade.

....If I had demonic essence I'd be all over that though.
 
I'd jump all over that.....except for the fact I haven't gotten a demonic essence since I've been in inferno.

Its like sometimes the game breaks and doesn't register what Monster Power and level I'm on. I ran all the way through Act 1 and did 2 extra runs on MP3 and not 1 Demonic essence. On top of that I found 3 ledgendaries under level 60: Nailbiter, ThreeHundred spear, and dark mages shade.

....If I had demonic essence I'd be all over that though.

What's weird is I find that I get the most demonic essences on MP0 and 1 playing by myself (probably average 5-6 per run through Act 1). On MP2+ by myself or in a group I get hardly any.
 
What's weird is I find that I get the most demonic essences on MP0 and 1 playing by myself (probably average 5-6 per run through Act 1). On MP2+ by myself or in a group I get hardly any.

On my quick 10 minute runs I normally average around 2 per run regardless of what MP. Last night I literally played 3 hours with not a single one. Sometimes I exaggerate for effect but not time. I honestly think something was wrong like I was thrown into a 1.0.4 loot table or something.

I mean it is possible statistically to miss for 3 hours but extremely unlikely. This is the first time this has happened as well.....maybe my new router is too fast for demonic essence.
 

Complete and absolute shill. Everything you defend the game with existed only *after* a massive backlash from the community, and 6+ months after release at that. And to add weight to that, this is from Blizzard, whose mantra is (supposed to be) "When it's done"

Legendaries not actually having unique (or even viable) stats? 3 months after release
Worthwhile craftables? 6 months after release
The quoted "trillions of combos"? A huge amount are simply "palette swaps" with no functional difference, several didn't work at all for months after release. Many were, and still are, complete un-viable. Some skills are considered absolutely required for several classes.

Had D3 stayed in the "vision" of the team like it was at release, not even you would be playing it anymore. No one would. It was a horrible, horrible game at release and while yes it has gotten better, we shouldn't have had to wait for it to. We shouldn't have had to wait for the dev team to "figure out" that attack speed would scale too fast, that going from act1 inferno to Act2 shouldn't require gear that doesn't even drop in Act1 inferno save for a handful of very specific specs, that 4 monks with a certain skill would have 100% uptime of immortality, that millions of people would want to play the game they paid for the day it was released...

The only reason this game is even remotely playable today is from people that made an uproar about its massive, fundamental problems.

This pretty much sums up my D3 experience and I'm sure I'm not alone. Awful awful at release, even now after more than a year has passed the game is barely tolerable only because the community demanded improvements. Paragon levels was an idea the community came up with, not these mediocre devs.
 
Last edited:
Beat Act 1 on normal last night and so far im still having a lot on fun with it. Sure there are some things they could have done better and its not a perfect game by any means but I still enjoy it.

Bad part was the drops I got from the butcher were terrible and didn't help me one bit. I did ok in Act 1 for the most part but I really need to get some more life steal.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrWrong-1886/hero/34763525
 
Beat Act 1 on normal last night and so far im still having a lot on fun with it. Sure there are some things they could have done better and its not a perfect game by any means but I still enjoy it.

Bad part was the drops I got from the butcher were terrible and didn't help me one bit. I did ok in Act 1 for the most part but I really need to get some more life steal.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrWrong-1886/hero/34763525

Once you hit level 19 start using Rend - Bloodlust, it will provide you with all the life steal you'll ever need
 
Once you hit level 19 start using Rend - Bloodlust, it will provide you with all the life steal you'll ever need

Nice thanks for the tip, not sure I would have seen that otherwise. Now I just need to hurry and get the level 19.
 
Started with MP2 keyruns on Act2, that keywarden always seems to be in the last section I explore. I'm aiming for 15 machines before I explore ubers, maybe I'll have good luck with vit bracers before then
 
This pretty much sums up my D3 experience and I'm sure I'm not alone. Awful awful at release, even now after more than a year has passed the game is barely tolerable only because the community demanded improvements. Paragon levels was an idea the community came up with, not these mediocre devs.

diablo 2 is better than diablo 3 in every way except graphics technology. even the art design of diablo 2 is better.

but diablo 2 took many years AFTER the expansion pack to become what it is today. so if we're realistic, we should know from the diablo 3 beta that the game isn't great but might be great in 2018.
 
Started with MP2 keyruns on Act2, that keywarden always seems to be in the last section I explore. I'm aiming for 15 machines before I explore ubers, maybe I'll have good luck with vit bracers before then

Wow that reminds me so much of doing tower runs for runes in D2 the damn stairs were always in the last corner I checked.
 
Countess runs took for freaking ever. I never found a zod rune from her or from anywhere.

Oh I know I'm pretty sure I did close to a 1000 runs if not more and never really got anything that great. I got better drops from random chests and mobs for the most part.
 
Has the game changed much over the past 6-12 months? When it was first released, I played it whenever I had free time every single day. I loved my Barbarian. However, the game as a whole was a bit disappointing back then and I eventually stopped. I especially lost interest when they lowered the difficulty of Inferno and made it too easy.

What improvements/additions have happened recently? I've been thinking about trying it again.
 
Only whinny little bitches couldn't get into act 2 with gear found in act 1.....it's called difficulty and I liked it. I got into act 2, 3, 4 and killed and diablo just fine NO AH pre 1.0.3. ......and to be clear when I say 'just fine' I mean I got the shit kicked right the fuck out of me the entire time.

You just and to use a thing called Skill to make best use of what you had.

First off, **** you for calling me a whiny bitch. Second, "difficulty" and "completely untested" are two different things. I'm absolutely certain that it was possible to get to and kill diablo pre-(RM)AH, but I'm also absolutely certain it had nothing to do with "skill", and more with "exploit". Which of the "trillions" of specs did you use to beat inferno early on? Perhaps one using ignore pain on a barb? Infinite Critical Mass+Diamond Skin on a Wiz? I could go on. The point being that no one cleared inferno with "skill", they cleared it with a bunch of bugged abilities. There is not one skill that people were using at release that functions the same today. (another blatantly obvious sign of the lack of testing in beta).
 
First off, **** you for calling me a whiny bitch. Second, "difficulty" and "completely untested" are two different things. I'm absolutely certain that it was possible to get to and kill diablo pre-(RM)AH, but I'm also absolutely certain it had nothing to do with "skill", and more with "exploit". Which of the "trillions" of specs did you use to beat inferno early on? Perhaps one using ignore pain on a barb? Infinite Critical Mass+Diamond Skin on a Wiz? I could go on. The point being that no one cleared inferno with "skill", they cleared it with a bunch of bugged abilities. There is not one skill that people were using at release that functions the same today. (another blatantly obvious sign of the lack of testing in beta).

And I'm sure everyone in PoE right now running maps right now just exploited+hacked their way up to the top too, right? Inferno had lots of issues, but it was still legitimately viable to beat by every class without using exploits or the rmah. The people who complain that exploits or RMAH was the only way to beat inferno really are the people who lack skill to overcome challenges.

My wizard evolved a lot through inferno progression, I never once used critical mass/diamond skin or exploited force armor + diamond skin with really low HP to push through inferno.

My primary attack was mainly split magic missile. It was fast, had good range, and would hit multiple small targets, or do 150% total versus single targets. I played around with penetrating blast, but mostly stuck with split.
My secondary was disenegrate, which only showed up on my radar once I got archon and wanted to stay "archon-like" between archon cooldowns.
My armor of choice was prismatic energy armor for high resists, but sometimes i switched to force to survive high damage enemies.
My magic weapon buff switch back and forth between blood magic, and force weapon. I stuck mostly with blood until I got a LS weapon, but force did have its uses (mainly vs Belial and Rakinoth).
Familiar switch between sparkflint and Ancient guardian, depending on the situation.
Archon switched between lower cooldown times, increased damage, or teleport while in archon mode.

I never read up on builds when I progressed inferno, all I did was read up on clarifications of certain abilities such as coefficients and mechanics.

When progressing, I didnt care about neph stacks, I ported to town and switched constantly depending on the mobs I fought (for instance, DR mobs I always switched back to blood weapon). That was the intent of neph buffs, to make you decide between drop rates or progression. I had to pay attention to affixes back then, and some I had to avoid outright (who still remembers invul minions). I used the environment to my advantage, and I made sure to clear in wide sweeps so I had kiting room. Once I finally got to farming mode much much later, I didnt need to switch out as much.

Belial on inferno took me an entire morning to beat, I went broke twice in repairs versus him (before repair costs went up). It wasnt luck, exploits, or farming for new gear, it was pure skill, patience, and trying out skills to beat him. I ended up going full glass cannon to push him into phase 3. Going full dps archon to burn down the mobs, then his first form. During the phase 3 switching sequence, I gear swapped to have enough defense to survive the gas. I had to avoid every other attack of his, they were all one shots. That battle was also when I first discovered venom hydra, and I used that a lot in conjunction with flux a lot of act 3 and 4.

Act 3 bosses weren't that bad. Ghom gave some trouble until I learned to move less so gas wouldnt fill up the entire area. Siegebreaker was the easiest. I actually MF swapped gear on him when I farmed Act 3.

Rakanoth was a lot of trouble in Act 4. I survived him by going full glass cannon again, but it was not an easy fight. Izzy was a lot of kiting and timing the phases (adds) right with his freezing abilities. Diablo himself took me two days, and again it was a lot of exploration of skills and abilities. It was the first time I used teleport, and fracture worked best for me. Movement had to be very precise. Most of his abilites were not one shot, but I did have to dodge a lot and use health pots and health shrines sparingly (first time I learned the shrines regen too :)). The funny part is, on my first kill, he trapped me in one of those cage (which would normally kill me) but my hydra pushed him to the FINISH HIM PHASE, so i was just stuck in the cage for a while until it broke off. Then I swapped to MF gear (not sure if that helps on diablo) and hit him with Magic missle. It was a sweet tasting victory.
 
Rakanoth was a lot of trouble in Act 4. I survived him by going full glass cannon again, but it was not an easy fight. Izzy was a lot of kiting and timing the phases (adds) right with his freezing abilities. Diablo himself took me two days, and again it was a lot of exploration of skills and abilities. It was the first time I used teleport, and fracture worked best for me. Movement had to be very precise. Most of his abilites were not one shot, but I did have to dodge a lot and use health pots and health shrines sparingly (first time I learned the shrines regen too :)). The funny part is, on my first kill, he trapped me in one of those cage (which would normally kill me) but my hydra pushed him to the FINISH HIM PHASE, so i was just stuck in the cage for a while until it broke off. Then I swapped to MF gear (not sure if that helps on diablo) and hit him with Magic missle. It was a sweet tasting victory.

Ah Rakanoth, my DH was the first through inferno and he was definitely the toughest fight for me. When he would do the teleport/charge thing he would 1 shot me. That fight was the first time I joined a pub to beat him. Diablo was a piece of cake for me compared to Rakanoth.
 
Ah Rakanoth, my DH was the first through inferno and he was definitely the toughest fight for me. When he would do the teleport/charge thing he would 1 shot me. That fight was the first time I joined a pub to beat him. Diablo was a piece of cake for me compared to Rakanoth.

Before the multiplayer nerfs, random pubs didnt work for me. Multiplayer used to increase enemy damage, and the health increases were pretty high per player, pretty much exposed the weakness of glass cannons.

I tried it once in act 3 between the towers, didnt work out well. The didnt understand the concept of parking packs we couldnt clear, so it was just a mess of elites everywhere.
 
You guys can reminisce and lament all you want, but most players I know didn't enjoy the ARPG version of Super Meat Boy that Inferno was upon release. A game full of one-shot abilities and elite packs that had cooler and stronger special skills than the heroes we got to play. And enrage timers.

No, adding Inferno, not pushing it to beta testers, and then arbitrarily "doubling it" was not what was good for the Diablo series.
 
That's fine, its naive to think that there exists a game that everyone enjoys. When PoE went open beta, my friends and I were all over that, but some of them hated it so much that stopped playing before clearing act 1. People are free to like and dislike whatever they want, it's like arguing why someone like OJ with pulp over no pulp.

The argument is revolving around inferno viability. By viability, I mean not using the RMAH and not using exploits and broken builds. I recapped my experience to prove that I cleared inferno with using neither, and I was not the first or last to do so before inferno was dramatically nerfed. The excuse that inferno was only beatable by RMAh shopping or exploits just screams of "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" or "I'm just a bad player" or a combination of both.

Also I'm pretty sure every ARPG has enemies with skills and abilities that us mere heroes will never get access to.
 
First off, **** you for calling me a whiny bitch. Second, "difficulty" and "completely untested" are two different things. I'm absolutely certain that it was possible to get to and kill diablo pre-(RM)AH, but I'm also absolutely certain it had nothing to do with "skill", and more with "exploit". Which of the "trillions" of specs did you use to beat inferno early on? Perhaps one using ignore pain on a barb? Infinite Critical Mass+Diamond Skin on a Wiz? I could go on. The point being that no one cleared inferno with "skill", they cleared it with a bunch of bugged abilities. There is not one skill that people were using at release that functions the same today. (another blatantly obvious sign of the lack of testing in beta).

Mine was pure skill and tenacity. I beat the game using Blizzard, Venom Hydra, and Piercing Orb. Nothing was exploitative and none of my abilities were bugged.

It truly boils down to people being better than other people...and the people unable to hack'n slash it went online to blast it in a bitter tyrant....I enjoyed learning to dodge act2 bosses bombs and learning staying away from the walls so diablo doesn't TP on you, and if you saw soul lashers you better stay on your fucking toes.

.....Hard core was likely a different story as damage spikes would have to Brutal in HC but in softcore death was a learning experience.

....also I think Piercing Orb is identical to the original...maybe they upped the damage can't remember but I'm pretty sure its the same.

You guys can reminisce and lament all you want, but most players I know didn't enjoy the ARPG version of Super Meat Boy that Inferno was upon release. A game full of one-shot abilities and elite packs that had cooler and stronger special skills than the heroes we got to play. And enrage timers.

No, adding Inferno, not pushing it to beta testers, and then arbitrarily "doubling it" was not what was good for the Diablo series.

People tend to surround themselves with people similar to themselves. That being said the 12 friends I had through D3 Launch all loved the game as I did...but that doesn't really matter because who cares how other feel about a game...

I wish they'd double it now. MP10 isn't a good type of difficulty they pretty much just amp up the HP but its pretty much the same fight just 50 times longer. D2 had a hand full of rape you in the ass elites as did D3 at the start....It was a good thing for me as I like a challenge....without the challenge being simple more clicks.
 
Last edited:
I recapped my experience to prove that I cleared inferno with using neither, and I was not the first or last to do so before inferno was dramatically nerfed.

I never did beat inferno in full before the nerfs, but my highest achievement was beating Ghom in inferno before inferno got nerfed.
 
I actually did enjoy Inferno pre-nerfs (with the exception being Goat Spearmen, the hitbox on those spears was RIDICULOUS) because it was super intense and demanded perfect play. 1 mistake and it's over. It forced me to try a lot of different builds, something the previous difficulties didn't do.

Most players who complained about Inferno were actually shit at the game. I remember every DH I helped in Inferno had the weirdest builds, skill and runesets which didn't even make sense, and gear that for the most part wasn't even intended for DHs. I would then do some runs with them and they didn't even bother trying to dodge ranged attacks, didn't know how to kite, would "tank" melee mobs, weren't aware of what Elite buffs did, etc. That's when I realized that no fucking wonder these people think Inferno is too hard, they don't even know how to play the game properly.
 
they didn't even bother trying to dodge ranged attacks,
You could be 3 character spaces away and get hit from ranged attacks, then when people called Blizzard out on the wacky hitboxes, they claimed that they didn't WANT people to be dodging them using "twitch" reactions. So yeah, no.

Mine was pure skill and tenacity. I beat the game using Blizzard, Venom Hydra, and Piercing Orb. Nothing was exploitative and none of my abilities were bugged.
This isn't the full spec, you'd be running the aforementioned skills and have virtually 100% uptime, something that was almost immediately changed, because.. "exploit" or "bugged". Or in blizzard language "balanced after extensive internal testing" (that somehow didn't happen before release).
 
This isn't the full spec, you'd be running the aforementioned skills and have virtually 100% uptime, something that was almost immediately changed, because.. "exploit" or "bugged". Or in blizzard language "balanced after extensive internal testing" (that somehow didn't happen before release).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blSYOi!ZfW!bYZZYb

Exact build. No exploits no bugs. Nothing had a 100% up time. you are attempting to claim that the only people who passed D3 pre 1.0.3 did it through exploits or bugs and you are a fool for doing so.

Hay look pretty much the first video on youtube for diablo 3 1.0.1.....yep 0 exploits and 0 bugs and no 100 % uptime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_4gs8CdKJ4
 
Back
Top