Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Was having a rather shitty night. 10ish act 2 key runs without a single drop.

Baby Thor came down altered my luck.

4 key drops in a row
3 body parts in a row....Woot now I have a hellfire ring....wasn't 100% bad either.
1 Blackthorns pants

Recorded the Uber battle....Pretty much 3 perfect battle except 1 bell around the 3:20 mark that could've killed me if they were being hardasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcptMbVGko&feature=youtu.be

profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251
 
So I have about 15 hours in the game so far, my barb is level 26 and I just figured out last night that if I hold down right click whirlwind keeps going. Wow I felt like suck a giant noob when I figured that out.

Heres my load out right now. Im hanging in there on act 3 but I cant wait to get to level 60 so I can start getting some of the better gear you guys have.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrWrong-1886/hero/34763525

If you enjoy the game as much as the few regular posters here, you'll get to 60 and then unlock paragon levels and might want to grind to paragon 100.

Few make it there. It takes a while. There's a few here that are working on their second 100s. One is enough for me though especially since I don't feel like gearing another guy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/harkamus-1584/hero/2619523

These days I log in once a week or so. Too busy with master's.

Was having a rather shitty night. 10ish act 2 key runs without a single drop.

Baby Thor came down altered my luck.

4 key drops in a row
3 body parts in a row....Woot now I have a hellfire ring....wasn't 100% bad either.
1 Blackthorns pants

Recorded the Uber battle....Pretty much 3 perfect battle except 1 bell around the 3:20 mark that could've killed me if they were being hardasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcptMbVGko&feature=youtu.be

profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251


Niiiiiiiiiiice
 
If you enjoy the game as much as the few regular posters here, you'll get to 60 and then unlock paragon levels and might want to grind to paragon 100.

Few make it there. It takes a while. There's a few here that are working on their second 100s. One is enough for me though especially since I don't feel like gearing another guy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/harkamus-1584/hero/2619523

These days I log in once a week or so. Too busy with master's.

Not sure if ill ever get to paragon 100, never got to 99 in D2 ever, but im sure ill have multiple 60's for sure. I at least want to try every class out and see what one I like best.
 
Was having a rather shitty night. 10ish act 2 key runs without a single drop.

Baby Thor came down altered my luck.

4 key drops in a row
3 body parts in a row....Woot now I have a hellfire ring....wasn't 100% bad either.
1 Blackthorns pants

Recorded the Uber battle....Pretty much 3 perfect battle except 1 bell around the 3:20 mark that could've killed me if they were being hardasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcptMbVGko&feature=youtu.be

profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/34766251


Good job man and congrats on the lucky drops! :D
 
For some reason my game likes to crash, particularly when I'm in the VOTA. I really don't know what it could be. I thought I'd linked it to SLI, as after disabling it the crashes stopped for awhile, but I just had another one now. There's only one instance of "0xc00000fd" and D3 on google that I could find...anyone have any ideas?

I have yet to die from the crashes since they seem to happen whenever there's either one or no enemies around me, but I'm not exactly willing to bank on that happening every time. For now I guess I'll just avoid the VOTA, which is a bummer because I'm trying to farm DEs.

Faulting application name: Diablo III.exe, version: 1.0.8.16603, time stamp: 0x518c52c2
Faulting module name: Diablo III.exe, version: 1.0.8.16603, time stamp: 0x518c52c2
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0088e7e7
Faulting process id: 0x15b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce830ff6e6e4cf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe
 
Check your GPU temps. I used to get similar crashing even when I limited my fps in game. No other game heated my card up like D3.
 
I had an issue many months ago. Don't remember the details. But a re-install fixed it.

When in doubt re-install.
 
Thinking about finally picking this game up after seeing the Barbarian gameplay. Anyone know if there is going to be a price drop anytime soon?
 
Thinking about finally picking this game up after seeing the Barbarian gameplay. Anyone know if there is going to be a price drop anytime soon?

Im not sure about that but I just picked it up a few weeks ago off ebay for $30. If you keep an eye out there you can snag a copy for anywhere from $25-$35 it seems like.
 
Thinking about finally picking this game up after seeing the Barbarian gameplay. Anyone know if there is going to be a price drop anytime soon?

Thats a good starting point. My old 600k dps demon hunter does less damage than my WD (200k DPS). Right now Barbs (haven't they always been OP, Jay Wilson) and Witch Doctors are OP as shit. My cloud of bats crit for 3-5 mil, it's stupid.
 
Thats a good starting point. My old 600k dps demon hunter does less damage than my WD (200k DPS). Right now Barbs (haven't they always been OP, Jay Wilson) and Witch Doctors are OP as shit. My cloud of bats crit for 3-5 mil, it's stupid.

I've always preferred melee characters over mages and pretty much everything else.
 
Thats a good starting point. My old 600k dps demon hunter does less damage than my WD (200k DPS). Right now Barbs (haven't they always been OP, Jay Wilson) and Witch Doctors are OP as shit. My cloud of bats crit for 3-5 mil, it's stupid.
Yea. A blizzard game having awful class balance. Who'd expect that?
 
Thats a good starting point. My old 600k dps demon hunter does less damage than my WD (200k DPS). Right now Barbs (haven't they always been OP, Jay Wilson) and Witch Doctors are OP as shit. My cloud of bats crit for 3-5 mil, it's stupid.

Yeah, DH is pretty messed up right now. In softcore I took most of my DH gear (260k dps), put it on a Monk with a Skorn (160k dps) and it's ridiculously better especially when you're raining down bells for 800%+ damage
 
WD overpowered? I've never really felt that way while playing a WD. Fire Bats it by far the strongest spell but it has enough stipulations to make it far from over powered....the biggest one being how close you have to be.

Getting the crazy high dps also requires health orbs which isn't always going to happen.

I'd say maybe the only reason the WD seems overpowered is due to how under powered the demon hunter is. The wizard is IMO only slightly below the WD and that is likely because he is easier to play.

....currently I think their problem is with underpowered classes more than over powered ones. Wave of light is the only spell I'd consider overpowered....but im wrong because the most popular monk builds still revolve around thunderclap tornado's....dispite wave of light being a god like spell....this is likely due to DPS blindness and the cost people put into their thunder clap monks.
 
Thats a good starting point. My old 600k dps demon hunter does less damage than my WD (200k DPS). Right now Barbs (haven't they always been OP, Jay Wilson) and Witch Doctors are OP as shit. My cloud of bats crit for 3-5 mil, it's stupid.

Can you share your profile?
 
Also talking about balance in terms of PvP my Monk is also an unstoppable beast.

Tempest rush prevent anyone from being able to outrun me.
Drop a wave of light on their head and Its pretty much game over.
Serenity and Near Death are rarely even needed....but they are still there just in case.

Wave of light shows its insane overpoweredness there too....Though Skorn Rend barbs can in fact get the upper hand every now and then.....Rend is pretty hot but Wave of light does more damage all at once then rend does total over time so its the clear winner.

.....not that what we have is any real PvP or even fun beyond a few hours.

Made 7.2m off a ~900 dps 2.3 lifesteal 84 crit damage Monk Weapon. That's my biggest haul on HC =/

I would say nice...but considering 7.2million is your best score that's pretty rough. Not that 7.2 is bad at all its not just not a very good best. From what I have been told I am overly lucky...but I contribute it to my many hours of gameplay.....for instance those Blackthorn's pants I found in the uber battle I sold for 9 million....and I sold a Echoing fury for 50 million just before that. My largest score was 80 million I think.
 
Last edited:
Also talking about balance in terms of PvP my Monk is also an unstoppable beast.

Tempest rush prevent anyone from being able to outrun me.
Drop a wave of light on their head and Its pretty much game over.
Serenity and Near Death are rarely even needed....but they are still there just in case.

Wave of light shows its insane overpoweredness there too....Though Skorn Rend barbs can in fact get the upper hand every now and then.....Rend is pretty hot but Wave of light does more damage all at once then rend does total over time so its the clear winner.

.....not that what we have is any real PvP or even fun beyond a few hours.

Yea Blizzard has always failed at balanced. At least in WoW though, they used to change which classes were on top on a quarterly basis.
 
Yea Blizzard has always failed at balanced. At least in WoW though, they used to change which classes were on top on a quarterly basis.

I have never played wow....and didn't PvP much in D2 so I'm not that familiar with their ability to balance. But I felt the classes in D2 were fairly balanced in none PvP terms. The classes in D3 are also fairly balanced in none PvP terms the monk and barb having a slight lead....but given its 90% gear based I'd say its balanced enough to say they did an alright job of balancing......but again I don't play many PvP type games of this nature.

Can you even use the term balanced in PoE given how custom each character is? and if so is PoE better balanced?
 
I have never played wow....and didn't PvP much in D2 so I'm not that familiar with their ability to balance. But I felt the classes in D2 were fairly balanced in none PvP terms. The classes in D3 are also fairly balanced in none PvP terms the monk and barb having a slight lead....but given its 90% gear based I'd say its balanced enough to say they did an alright job of balancing......but again I don't play many PvP type games of this nature.

Can you even use the term balanced in PoE given how custom each character is? and if so is PoE better balanced?

I'm not really sure. Due to PoE's nature, you can gimp a build pretty easily if you don't have a plan and know what you're going for. Generally speaking though, I do feel it's more balanced. But that's talking now... Just about a month ago, melee was severely underpowered in almost every way, but they've been patching mechanics behind physical damage done, monster damage dealt, and how evasion works in an attempt to make the balance better... and they have succeeded in many ways. My melee guy has become way more viable, though i still feel that any ranged character still has an edge.

Considering the added complexity of the mechanics of PoE though, i feel they're doing a good job. (hell i couldn't do a better with all the considerations they have to make). When it comes to D3 though, where each move's prowess is very obvious (ie. Cost = X, Damage multiplier = Y), i don't see how it can possibly take them so long to realize that certain moves are underpowered and need buffs.

I read the patch notes of a PoE patch and think, "yea these changes make sense."

When i read the patch notes where Monk's Bell got buffed, all i was thinking is, "What's so special about monk's bell that they need to multiply its damage by such a huge amount? What about the other moves in the game which are obviously underpowered..."

You'd think they'd have a simple spreadsheet. With columns for Cost and Multiplier, and they'd try to even things out across all damage spending moves across all classes... i dunno why they don't.. what am i missing?
 
True pvp balance really isn't achieveable in d3 or any ARPG, since the game is so loot based

They just need PVP gear which drops out of PVP arenas or something. Problem solved ^_^

They should be high survivability items with a max of one of the trifecta. Make people choose between crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed.

Normal gear would not be allowed in PvP

Make the queueing system take into account the total itemlevel of the gear worn so that when you start out naked you're fighting other people who are also naked.

You win the match and a chest spawns which drops pvp gear.

I think it'd be fun =P
 
I think PvP would be hot in Iron Born mode (self found).

Remove AH, Trading, and everything that isn't finding or crafting and all though its 90% gear 5% skill and 5% class the gear they have was found by them...So that way when you get your ass handed to you its by someone whom has put in the time and effort to obtain gear and not some rich punkass.

but PvP could be a lot of things....but It will never be anything.
 
I don't see time investment as a good replacement for skill. You can take out Pay2win, but I find Grind2Win just as shallow. I don't care if you spent hundreds hours more or less than me, all that should really matter is skill at the time. Then no one could complain about using daddy's credit card(pay2win) or college dropout living in his mothers basement with all the time in the world (grind2win)


The only way I would begin to consider any ARPG truly a test of pvp skill would be to take out the fundamental core aspect of ARPGs, loot. They could take out all gear and then give you straight up stat points to invest into any stat. There is no level or pre-disposed advantage, every gets the same amount of points to allocate. Only then can they start balancing stats and skills for pvp.

That would also take out a core RPG aspect, progression. There shouldn't be any advantage to playing more, at most cosmetic. Every game starts the same, just like a SC2 match. For me, pvp isn't fun when its just another grind, I should find fun in the match itself.
 
I like Grind2Win just fine, but not in PvP. I agree there should be a stat allocation pool before building a PvP character, with gear being equal between characters.
 
I like Grind2Win just fine, but not in PvP. I agree there should be a stat allocation pool before building a PvP character, with gear being equal between characters.

I'm fine with it in PVE, because for me its not about winning, it's about having fun. Pay2havefun and Grind2havefun, I'm all for it!

Another thing about grind to win that many overlook is that its another front for pay to win

POWERLEVELSERVICES
2600ARENARATINGSERVICES
 
I don't see time investment as a good replacement for skill. You can take out Pay2win, but I find Grind2Win just as shallow. I don't care if you spent hundreds hours more or less than me, all that should really matter is skill at the time. Then no one could complain about using daddy's credit card(pay2win) or college dropout living in his mothers basement with all the time in the world (grind2win)


The only way I would begin to consider any ARPG truly a test of pvp skill would be to take out the fundamental core aspect of ARPGs, loot. They could take out all gear and then give you straight up stat points to invest into any stat. There is no level or pre-disposed advantage, every gets the same amount of points to allocate. Only then can they start balancing stats and skills for pvp.

That would also take out a core RPG aspect, progression. There shouldn't be any advantage to playing more, at most cosmetic. Every game starts the same, just like a SC2 match. For me, pvp isn't fun when its just another grind, I should find fun in the match itself.

All true and valid points. They'd need something along the lines of Diablo 3 + street fighter.

They could pull a card out of the Magic the Gathering handbook and do a Gear Booster Draft or a set list of gear that everyone in PVP can choose from.

then it would rely heavily on skill and class balance....and would probably be quite awesome.
 
They just need PVP gear which drops out of PVP arenas or something. Problem solved ^_^

They should be high survivability items with a max of one of the trifecta. Make people choose between crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed.

Normal gear would not be allowed in PvP

Make the queueing system take into account the total itemlevel of the gear worn so that when you start out naked you're fighting other people who are also naked.

You win the match and a chest spawns which drops pvp gear.

I think it'd be fun =P

I have never really been a fan of PvP because it is almost never balanced but this Idea sounds interesting. It would be cool if some one would make a game with a system like this to try it out.
 
Checking the AH for upgrades in HC and nothing under 100 million. Looks like hellfire rings and crafts are all that is left for me.
 
Steve, those lacuni's i found I cant even find any with that high str on the AH that also has crit chance

I'm torn whether to sell them or keep them

d3lacunis.png




edit, just found one, going for 750 million
 
Last edited:
If you can find a buyer I'd sell those thing so fast...You'd be golded up for life.

far better than anything I have found. My biggest score was like 50 million or something like that.
 
Just found another set piece

I'm just waiting to die, for how much shit I'm finding tonight it only seems appropriate....
 
Reached Paragon Level 94 today, but I felt I was losing motivation with a primary Cyclone build.

So I started playing my Monk with a two-handed weapon now, focusing on Bells instead of fast attack speed/Cyclones. Got me back into the game again. Sometimes a bit of change is all that's needed, and I'm still using Cyclones but at a slower pace.


I do wish Diablo 3 had some kind of end-game random map system, but that'll probably be for another day. (If ever)
 
Reached Paragon Level 94 today, but I felt I was losing motivation with a primary Cyclone build.

So I started playing my Monk with a two-handed weapon now, focusing on Bells instead of fast attack speed/Cyclones. Got me back into the game again. Sometimes a bit of change is all that's needed, and I'm still using Cyclones but at a slower pace.


I do wish Diablo 3 had some kind of end-game random map system, but that'll probably be for another day. (If ever)

this is why I stopped playing my monk at level 86. I don't to be at level 100 when new content comes out. Monk if my favorite class and want to do no content with him first.

Bell monk rules.
 
Just found another set piece

I'm just waiting to die, for how much shit I'm finding tonight it only seems appropriate....

:mad: I played that POS for 200+ hours and never found 1 set piece.

Fuck D3 and the people who made it.
 
this is why I stopped playing my monk at level 86. I don't to be at level 100 when new content comes out. Monk if my favorite class and want to do no content with him first.

Bell monk rules.

Yeah, you're entirely right. I think I'll stop at PL 95. After getting this far I don't think I can level up another character but I'll probably continue Elite farming instead.

I just wish my friend on the EU server would play again, he's PL 85 and a Monk as well. Public Games are a hit or miss, for me personally usually the latter.
 
Back
Top