Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

There's an exploit going around that lets others pick them up. I heard that guy was also transferring his valuables to another account in case the one he was using got banned.

Yep! He crafted like 500 amulets for fun and profit. When the AH went down during his stream, everyone was trolling him by saying that it's the first step before a ban wave. I think I could smell the sweat coming from his webcam.

:)

Continues to be laughable how quick issues that effect the RMAH get hotfixed in a few days and everything else is put on the back burner for months.

HOTA + Rend is almost not beatable.

My monk build beat that about 80% of the time Wave of light + Skorn pretty much 1 or 2 shots everyone.....and 7 sided strike is also ridiculousness with skorn but that's just over kill so I don't use it.

Use The Guardian's Path + Chant of Resonance + Exalted Sould + Circular Breathing for nearly unlimited Spirit regen....Think it puts me at 14 or 15 per second.

Serenity for protection

Blinding Flash for stun

Tempest rush so they can't escape and for the rare instances when you need to run away.

Wave of light for the win.....I'm almost positive they'll be nerfing it for 2 handed weapons 829% weapon damage is far too much. I mean HOTA is only like 400%

My monk build beat that about 80% of the time Wave of light + Skorn pretty much 1 or 2 shots everyone.....and 7 sided strike is also ridiculousness with skorn but that's just over kill so I don't use it.

Use The Guardian's Path + Chant of Resonance + Exalted Sould + Circular Breathing for nearly unlimited Spirit regen....Think it puts me at 14 or 15 per second.

Serenity for protection

Blinding Flash for stun

Tempest rush so they can't escape and for the rare instances when you need to run away.

Wave of light for the win.....I'm almost positive they'll be nerfing it for 2 handed weapons 829% weapon damage is far too much. I mean HOTA is only like 400%

Blizzard overbuffing or overnerfing shit again... standard operating procedure.

From my experience on the test realm, monks just need 7-sided to 1-shot someone, and WD's can go invisible and fire homing missiles at you. Wizard lightening shield is good too, but i can't do anything to escape the plane of damage like other classes.

I got 30 minutes of entertainment out of it before i was wanting something better.

Blizzard overbuffing or overnerfing shit again... standard operating procedure.

From my experience on the test realm, monks just need 7-sided to 1-shot someone, and WD's can go invisible and fire homing missiles at you. Wizard lightening shield is good too, but i can't do anything to escape the plane of damage like other classes.

I got 30 minutes of entertainment out of it before i was wanting something better.

they seem too have a pretty large issue managing skill functionality properly between 2-handers and duel wielders. This doesn't seem like that big of an issue and something that they can and have resolved for some skills. Mantra of Conviction - Submission does 12% for 2-handers and 24 % for duel wielders and yet Wave of light is handled the same between the two.....which makes it near useless for duel wielders.

They should tie cost to some other factor than weapon damage to allow for different builds For instance they should drop the cost of wave of light by 40% if duel wielding so you can cast it twice as fast at near half the mana making it about the same DPS as a 2-hander. This way they wouldn't have to up the Damage too 800% to allow duel wielders to use it.

many of the issues with D3 seems to be common sense fixes that just don't get done.

I really like battling I spent about 8 hours doing it last night.....probably because I just kept winning with my monk.....I lost 80% of my games using my wizard though.

Adding MP levels to Public Games was definitely one of the better moves from Blizzard for Diablo 3. I had several games over the weekend and it has been quite some time ago I had this much fun. Even if the differences between MP0 and MP1 seems small on paper, the monsters (especially Rares/Champions) hit quite a bit harder and are definitely more dangerous. Made for a lot of intense and exciting moments.

People are dying more now (myself included), even at MP1 you need to pay attention, one wrong Vortex or Jailer and you can be gone in seconds. (Playing Demon Hunter)
Reflect Damage's animation is a nice touch, and I'm glad to see Reflect D. can still hit as hard as ever.

Tried out some crafting, no luck yet (although the rolls were good they weren't a real upgrade) but definitely a fun side-activity to keep trying.

Had some fun today in game. First playing mp5, anyone not meant to be there got toasted on the first elite we met. Geared right really matters. Picked up a ton of legendaries, I think I scored about 8-9 drops in playing a few runs.

Got me an amulet plan of dex, bracers of dex and int, and a marquise ruby plan (its EXPENSIVE to make one dammit...)

The ruby change I found dropped my dps reading, but it "feels" like I'm doing more damage since my lowest attacks are now moved up. It'll take some more experimenting.

Also got lucky on making an int bracer, got 210 int, 70 all resist, vit and 5.5 crit. First shot netted something better than what my wizard was using.

crap just lost my second barb when I was a few hundred away from dinging level 30 :|

So wizard still seems pigeonholed into 1 or 2 builds if you actually want to live, meanwhile my monk can faceroll through the same MP levels with a dozen different builds. :(

yeah you get 2 1/2 main wizard options.

Option 1: AKon
Option 2: critical mass
Option 1/2: Kite blizzard, Spectral heal blades.

They are half options because they just aren't nearly as good as the first two.

my monk at 130k does more damage than my wizard at 230k while having survivability.

I mean I just built this Spirit turbo charger monk and slaughter everything with the retarded 890% damage wave of light. Killed all 3 ubers at MP8 in under 15 minutes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

The wizard isn't bad at all but it just lacks a few key points that most other classes have the biggest two are Stun/frozen prevention and speed. Something should prevent froze/jailer weather it be diamond skin or an armor or a passive. teleport sucks and needs fixing the shock speed armor should provide a permanent speed boost on top of the speed per hit.

Arcane orb goes from 175 to 200% wave of light goes from 390 to 890% I can't even begin to understand what the hell they are thinking with this. Even Meteor only does 260% and is harder to land than wave of light.

Want to add build diversity to a wizard here is how you do it. Make arcane spells do some real damage. Make Frost armor prevent frozen and stun. Make lightning armor add 10% speed. remove cool down from teleport. So many simple solution.

Diamond skin is a joke; it prevents maybe a single hit, sometimes not that. Meanwhile, the monk that already has 30% decreased damage, has the ability to completely ignore all damage for 3-5 seconds. It also has a second ability to deal massive damage while ignoring all incoming damage, traps, stuns, etc - 7 sided.

Just a few small tweaks to wizards survivability would make a huge difference. Buff diamond skin considerably, perhaps a buff to the melee dmg passive, etc. Then your damage dealing skills can be just that - damage dealing, instead of constant worrying about incoming damage. Not that you shouldn't worry about it, it just shouldn't be a constant glass cannon situation.

Diamond skin is a joke; it prevents maybe a single hit, sometimes not that. Meanwhile, the monk that already has 30% decreased damage, has the ability to completely ignore all damage for 3-5 seconds. It also has a second ability to deal massive damage while ignoring all incoming damage, traps, stuns, etc - 7 sided.

Just a few small tweaks to wizards survivability would make a huge difference. Buff diamond skin considerably, perhaps a buff to the melee dmg passive, etc. Then your damage dealing skills can be just that - damage dealing, instead of constant worrying about incoming damage. Not that you shouldn't worry about it, it just shouldn't be a constant glass cannon situation.

The best buff they can make to Diamond skin would be to make you immune to jailer, frozen, and fear. The biggest reason they probably haven't buffed it yet is critical mass. If diamond skin was too strong you could have unlimited protection with critical mass. But they could remove the triggering of critical mass to diamond skin and then make Diamond skin a real spell like Serenity, Smoke screen, or Spirit walk.

also all spells should be relative this prevent 10000 damage or gain 300 life per second is stupid and should be changed to something like prevent damage = 100% health and regenerate 5% of total maximum life.

Agreed. The absolute values of many of the prevent damage/life gain makes it scale terribly. Plus splitting out LoH and LS, with corresponding unknown variables (unless you look outside the game) makes it extremely un-intuitive as to how it works. With LS, if I drop a 900k damage meteor on a group of mobs heads, I should go from 1 HP to full as a wizard, except it doesn't work that way.

Would actually be pretty cool if both Playstation and PC players could play together.

Console versions of these type of games have auto-lock on for enemies.

they seem too have a pretty large issue managing skill functionality properly between 2-handers and duel wielders. This doesn't seem like that big of an issue and something that they can and have resolved for some skills. Mantra of Conviction - Submission does 12% for 2-handers and 24 % for duel wielders and yet Wave of light is handled the same between the two.....which makes it near useless for duel wielders.

They should tie cost to some other factor than weapon damage to allow for different builds For instance they should drop the cost of wave of light by 40% if duel wielding so you can cast it twice as fast at near half the mana making it about the same DPS as a 2-hander. This way they wouldn't have to up the Damage too 800% to allow duel wielders to use it.

many of the issues with D3 seems to be common sense fixes that just don't get done.

I really like battling I spent about 8 hours doing it last night.....probably because I just kept winning with my monk.....I lost 80% of my games using my wizard though.

blizzard can't balance themselves out of a paper bag these days

Console versions of these type of games have auto-lock on for enemies.

Hrmmm... still seems like it would be a pain/annoying to pull off. Auto-lock on the wrong mob, awkward selection and button pushes when you're low health and trying to stutter step. Just seems like it'd be wonky.

Of course, i'd like to see what they do with the difficulty levels / monster powers. My take is that they will leave all the extra difficulty settings out and just leave it Inferno as the most difficult.

You actually want to play with a controller? I can't see how the quick shoot and stutter step mechanic for ranged characters would even be remotely possible with one, and that's pretty much all you have to rely on for survival in the highest of difficulties.

One stick to move, one stick to aim, trigger(s) for locking onto mobs, buttons for abilities. This gives you better control options than the spam click fest of playing top down dungeon crawlers on the PC. You can move in any direction + attack + switch targets at the same time with a controller.

One stick to move, one stick to aim, trigger(s) for locking onto mobs, buttons for abilities. This gives you better control options than the spam click fest of playing top down dungeon crawlers on the PC. You can move in any direction + attack + switch targets at the same time with a controller.

Guess i'll just have to try it out if they release support for it. Sounds pretty interesting actually.

Anyone have notes on EXP/hr vs. MP for their play style? I just hopped on for the first time since the patch hit yesterday and got a handful of demonic essences. Seeing the price of Emeralds is still sky high, I am thinking to sell my best Emerald for some trading funds.

Arcane orb goes from 175 to 200% wave of light goes from 390 to 890% I can't even begin to understand what the hell they are thinking with this. Even Meteor only does 260% and is harder to land than wave of light.

Want to add build diversity to a wizard here is how you do it. Make arcane spells do some real damage. Make Frost armor prevent frozen and stun. Make lightning armor add 10% speed. remove cool down from teleport. So many simple solution.

It's blizzard. They can't understand normal thinking.

Give me archon mode so I can shoot while moving(left stick to move, right stick to beam), I'd consider buying it again :)

Or any skill for that matter. Ray Of Frost - Sleet Storm would actually get used if you could cast while moving turning yourself into a ball of ice that could do more than hold still and wait for enemies to come at a bro.

I used it once.....Once.

If console gets a Zoomed out view and PC doesn't I'm going to be pist.

I have 2650x1600 and they lock me down the same FOV as some ass clown with 720p.

I hope diablo 3 flops on console how dare they get more and better features than PC.

If console gets a Zoomed out view and PC doesn't I'm going to be pist.

I have 2650x1600 and they lock me down the same FOV as some ass clown with 720p.

I hope diablo 3 flops on console how dare they get more and better features than PC.

So you want to console version to flop just out of spite? Sounds like sour grapes man.

So you want to console version to flop just out of spite? Sounds like sour grapes man.

That is assuming the Console version gets features that the PC version doesn't....In which case damn right sour grapes and I want that shit to flop and Blizzard so suffer the only way a company can financially.

That is assuming the Console version gets features that the PC version doesn't....In which case damn right sour grapes and I want that shit to flop and Blizzard so suffer the only way a company can financially.

Exactly.
And I haven't gone back to this broken game since September of last year.
Is the AH gone? No? OK, still broken. Blizzard can suck their own bag of lies.

Wow offline play for PS4 and PS3. Yep... I'm not playing this again on the PC. Fuck you Blizzard , I've been an big fan and have played your games for well over a decade and now you screw your primary audience to appease your new console audience? I don't care if the reasoning is that PC gamers can hack or dupe (you can dupe on console in many games) .. this is just bullshit.

I'm done with D3 now for good.

Back