Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

It won't me stop playing the game but these kind of things do feel like a smack in the face. Off-line play, new evasive ability, re-design? Have we really just been "beta-testing" the game for them these past months?

I'm almost beginning to understand why new patches and changes are implemented so slowly.

It won't me stop playing the game but these kind of things do feel like a smack in the face. Off-line play, new evasive ability, re-design? Have we really just been "beta-testing" the game for them these past months?

I'm almost beginning to understand why new patches and changes are implemented so slowly.

Yep. Blizzard already got their money from their Diablo PC fans. They won't give two shits about us until they want us to buy their expansion, then they'll be like "oh look at all this cool PC shit we're doing in the expansion! Buy it today!!"

Offline play I could give a damn about, there are more ways to dupe on a PC than a console, but other gameplay changes, wtf? Can anyone cut/paste, I can't read it at work. :(

Offline play I could give a damn about, there are more ways to dupe on a PC than a console, but other gameplay changes, wtf? Can anyone cut/paste, I can't read it at work. :(

It's around the two-minute mark where Hight goes into the changes to Diablo 3 for PS3 and PS4 in the episode above – specifically, the talk about the camera and local multiplayer. Hight reveals there's also a new evasion ability to help players quickly escape large encounters.

Not much else to be said, other than the screen zooming out with 4 player co-op.

Eh, not that big of a deal then. The evasion ability would definitely be nice on PC though, just wondering if it's needed more on consoles due to the lack of precision controls.

Either way, Blizzard screwed the pooch with D3 and continues to leave glaring flaws untouched.

There's also no (RM)AH, so loot tables and drop rates will have to be adjusted accordingly for consoles.

Loot tables and drop rates aren't altered due to the RMAH. I wish people would quit perpetuating that notion.

Loot tables and drop rates aren't altered due to the RMAH. I wish people would quit perpetuating that notion.

I never said they were. Loot tables were definitely influenced by the inclusion, however. D3 on consoles without a trade system will be a pretty dry place when it comes to loot unless they increase drop rates.

Is the AH gone? No? OK, still broken. Blizzard can suck their own bag of lies.

+1

RMAH even broke the HC economy through something Blizz never forsaw. There was massive gold inflation in HC because people buy gold in SC, then transfer it to HC at a 1:3 SC to HC rate.

This breaks their mentality that you can play HC and get away from RMAH influences.

+1

RMAH even broke the HC economy through something Blizz never forsaw. There was massive gold inflation in HC because people buy gold in SC, then transfer it to HC at a 1:3 SC to HC rate.

This breaks their mentality that you can play HC and get away from RMAH influences.

So you're saying that the only avenue to buy gold with real money is the RMAH, and that people would not have bought items in game with real money if an RMAH didnt exist(HC or SC)?

I can guarantee that items in the console version will be traded for real money one way or another, even without the RMAH. Its just naive to think otherwise.

End game D3 has a lot of issues with both the economy and itemization, with or without the influence of the AH. Of course, everyone crying the RMAH as the issue doesnt help solve it.

I have no issues with the auction house. I had to go to some china site to get a could Zod runes in D2 its much better to just put it into the game.

There are many issues with the game, none deal breakers for me, unless Console version gets a better FOV than PC. I will be done with blizzard for life. It's my #1 ask to let me zoom out and see more of the screen.

The devs said next Q&A will be about itemization. If they can address it adequately then the game will shine as brightly as D2.

This is the best "explanation" of the itemization issue in D3 that I've seen:
infographiclarge.png

The devs said next Q&A will be about itemization. If they can address it adequately then the game will shine as brightly as D2.

This is the best "explanation" of the itemization issue in D3 that I've seen:
infographiclarge.png

THIS IS THE BEST THING IVE EVER SEEN AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAIL BLIZZARD OFFICES ABOUT 10 MILLION COPIES OF THIS! :D

That was entertaining and maddening at the same time. It's all stuff i already knew having played the stupid game, but yea. Very similar to the UI design one for Skyrim.

The problem isn't that these companies don't know the lackluster shit they're spewing out, it's that they don't care.

did you really have to quote it. haha
I was surprised that it came out so huge in the first place and then I saw he quoted my post :eek:

sorry for the people on phones and/or limited bandwidth
I was trying to figure out how to place spoiler tags or something on it

That was entertaining and maddening at the same time. It's all stuff i already knew having played the stupid game, but yea. Very similar to the UI design one for Skyrim.

The problem isn't that these companies don't know the lackluster shit they're spewing out, it's that they don't care.

Its because even with Diablo 3's flaws its still likely the best games of its kind since Diablo 2. You could Argue Titan Quest between D2 and D3 and I'm fine with that TQ was great. TL2 however just doesn't stand up and PoE isn't out yet.

It obviously isn't as easy as it looks to create this type of game or someone else would have filled the gap by now.....

Its because even with Diablo 3's flaws its still likely the best games of its kind since Diablo 2. You could Argue Titan Quest between D2 and D3 and I'm fine with that TQ was great. TL2 however just doesn't stand up and PoE isn't out yet.

It obviously isn't as easy as it looks to create this type of game or someone else would have filled the gap by now.....

yea TQ > D3. Hell of a fun game with good interesting specs.

and sure sure PoE is still in 'beta' or w/e, but with free to play titles, they're out when the wipes stop imo because they're never really going to stop churning out content.

PoE is over 9000 times the game D3 is.

But, i do agree that it's odd in all the years before PoE there hasn't been another title to challenge the thrown that D2 sits on.

Torchlight was simply not ambitious enough. Their scope was too small.

TQ >>>>>> D3. I personally liked it better than D2, or any other ARPG to date. The skill trees and build combinations were unrivaled. I'm anxiously waiting for grim dawn now. I purchased the top tier pre-order over a year ago, it can't get here soon enough.

But now (i would imagine) they have the capital to (hopefully) create a sequel / new IP on a modern engine w/ a more detailed/realistic/better artstyle / production value.

I have to agree with you.. I've played quite a bit TL and TL2 and Even been playing a lot of PoE through its entire beta cycle and even now. Something about Diablo 3 even though it has many flawed elements at its CORE its still a lot better than TL2 and PoE. I honestly enjoy the combat, animations and "feel" of D3 better. Out of all 3 games I've put more hours into D3.

I have to agree with you.. I've played quite a bit TL and TL2 and Even been playing a lot of PoE through its entire beta cycle and even now. Something about Diablo 3 even though it has many flawed elements at its CORE its still a lot better than TL2 and PoE. I honestly enjoy the combat, animations and "feel" of D3 better. Out of all 3 games I've put more hours into D3.

I don't think anyone would argue with this. The production value of D3 is the best of all the ARPGs. TQ came close, imo.

It's a pity they didn't bother to put RPG anywhere in the game.

Torchlight II was actually the perfect challenger except that everyone ignores the one facet of Diablo that keeps it at the top.

The closed Bnet system that promotes an economy of items/gold for your character. Your acomplishments actually mean something.

It Torchlight II would have implemented such a system then it would carry more wait.

PoE has that system but it still feels sluggish and very meh.

Just my opinion.

Torchlight II was actually the perfect challenger except that everyone ignores the one facet of Diablo that keeps it at the top.

The closed Bnet system that promotes an economy of items/gold for your character. Your acomplishments actually mean something.

BennetGTFO.jpg

He means an AH which is exactly what Killed Diablo 3. If you disagree, you are wrong.

BennetGTFO.jpg

He means an AH which is exactly what Killed Diablo 3. If you disagree, you are wrong.

People keep using the AH as the issue, in almost any multiplayer rpg (MMO, F2P) with a closed system, you can buy stuff with real money. It was just as easy to buy shit in D2, its just as easy to buy shit with real money in PoE.

People keep using the AH as the issue, in almost any multiplayer rpg (MMO, F2P) with a closed system, you can buy stuff with real money. It was just as easy to buy shit in D2, its just as easy to buy shit with real money in PoE.

The AH isn't what killed the game...it's that the whole fucken game was built solely around it to make it as appealing as possible.

I had that same issue before the big nerf patch then I got through the rest of the game with the same gear that had me stumped at the first Act 2 mob. hah, blizzard.

Me and 3 others beat inferno in like 2 weeks without using the auction house.....It was hard as balls, but that's how it should be. Belial took us literally 8 hours to beat.

Diablo 2 Hell wasn't a picnic either I don't know exactly how long it took me but passing that took FOREVER...Much longer than D3 took me.

Any complaint about difficulty or needing the AH now is null and void as the game is so fucking easy now you can almost beat it using nothing but white items. And with less than $500,000 gold you can gear up just below a bad ass and start farming if that's your thing.

Things better in Diablo II

Replayability
Talent trees
Items
Atmosphere
Everything else

Things better in Diablo 3:

Graphics, but not to be confused with atmosphere where Diablo 2 is vastly superior. Installing diablo 2 right now actually

Me and 3 others beat inferno in like 2 weeks without using the auction house.....It was hard as balls, but that's how it should be. Belial took us literally 8 hours to beat.

Diablo 2 Hell wasn't a picnic either I don't know exactly how long it took me but passing that took FOREVER...Much longer than D3 took me.

Any complaint about difficulty or needing the AH now is null and void as the game is so fucking easy now you can almost beat it using nothing but white items. And with less than $500,000 gold you can gear up just below a bad ass and start farming if that's your thing.

That last part is not correct...go ahead and prove me wrong on either point in that last paragraph. It amazes me how "hard core" players can skew things so out of whack! You can probably beat Inferno spending 5-10mil playing a Barbarian though.

Things better in Diablo II

Replayability
Talent trees
Items
Atmosphere
Everything else

Things better in Diablo 3:

Graphics, but not to be confused with atmosphere where Diablo 2 is vastly superior. Installing diablo 2 right now actually

Hating D3 because it is not as good as D2 is a poor reason to hate D3....Few people argue that D2 is better than D3 but D2 is better than 99% of the games out there.

Also if you say 'Everything Else' in the D2 is better than D3 part you can't include Graphics are better in D3.

That last part is not correct...go ahead and prove me wrong on either point in that last paragraph. It amazes me how "hard core" players can skew things so out of whack! You can probably beat Inferno spending 5-10mil playing a Barbarian though.

I already proved you wrong. I beat the game on Inferno without using any gold before the 1.0.3 damage nerf....and 0 gold is < 500,000.

I think you might just not be very good at the game or the auction house if you can't beat the game on less that 500,000.......

Last edited:
Hating D3 because it is not as good as D2 is a poor reason to hate D3....Few people argue that D2 is better than D3 but D2 is better than 99% of the games out there.

Also if you say 'Everything Else' in the D2 is better than D3 part you can't include Graphics are better in D3.

I already proved you wrong. I beat the game on Inferno without using any gold before the 1.0.3 damage nerf....and 0 gold is < 500,000.

I think you might just not be very good at the game or the auction house if you can't beat the game on less that 500,000.......

You didn't prove crap. You said we could gear up for 500,000 gold and beat the game. Not talking about farming hours upon hours. Take a naked level 60 character and 500,000 gold, go to the AH and gear up to beat inferno...stop the bullshit because you can't.

You didn't prove crap. You said we could gear up for 500,000 gold and beat the game. Not talking about farming hours upon hours. Take a naked level 60 character and 500,000 gold, go to the AH and gear up to beat inferno...stop the bullshit because you can't.

It's Inferno difficulty, it is not supposed to be easy or something everyone has access too. It is an extra challenge for dedicated people that want to take the time to farm gear or gold and put in the effort to pound through the Acts.

Just because someone needed better gear to beat Inferno does not mean the game is broken. Even without the RMAH, there would still be the haves and the have-nots.

Last edited:

Eh, I'd say you can. I was able to get through it many months ago with not too much AH investment. Things have only gotten easier and more balanced since.

As far as the other D2 vs. D3 argument... I also like D2 better, but D3 has more than just modern graphics going for it. Despite my dislike for the game, it can't be denied that the combat is more fluid than any other game in the genre.

Eh, I'd say you can. I was able to get through it many months ago with not too much AH investment. Things have only gotten easier and more balanced since.

As far as the other D2 vs. D3 argument... I also like D2 better, but D3 has more than just modern graphics going for it. Despite my dislike for the game, it can't be denied that the combat is more fluid than any other game in the genre.

Then prove it...not trying to troll but if you think its that easy your mistaken. It takes quite a bit of farming time (less time if you cheat and roll a Barb) or more gold than that to beat Inferno. You just can't plop down 500,000 gold and say today I beat inferno.

You are tempting me....However the amount of work it would take to 'prove' you wrong is too much to be worth my time and effort. I'd have to find and buy 11 pieces of gear. Take pictures of each. Record me beat the game.

not worth it.

here is a dude who did it with less than 660k

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/63707-diablo-inferno-tutorial-killed-with-less-than-660k-gold-video/

but you're likely going to respond with 'prove it' again

So your answer is not worth your time...got it. Nice try or not as the case may be. Keep up the bullshit talk. Oh and 660k gold is not 500k gold is it? I'd explain the math but not worth my time.

Back