Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I couldn't sleep.

So I pop on just for a quick smashing.

Kill my first monster a small little fallen.

Drops a Zunimassa's armor with 150 int 140 vit

Sleep like a baby.

Yea me and my buddy did 2 MP2 act 3 farm runs and 3 ubers bosses on MP4, found absolutely nothing. Very fuckin annoying. Did they nerf drops? I have never seen so many 150 dps ilvl 61+ one-handers.

I couldn't sleep.

So I pop on just for a quick smashing.

Kill my first monster a small little fallen.

Drops a Zunimassa's armor with 150 int 140 vit

Sleep like a baby.

RNG FTW. :p Another run last night, mp4, nada. Meteor spec is fun but I really need to be a part of a team, sucks solo'ing. Crits up to 1M are amazing, although the range of damage is ridiculous, with some "crits" only showing 350k.

RNG FTW. :p Another run last night, mp4, nada. Meteor spec is fun but I really need to be a part of a team, sucks solo'ing. Crits up to 1M are amazing, although the range of damage is ridiculous, with some "crits" only showing 350k.

Indeed that stupid RNG bullshit!!!! Rabble rabble =P

I was wondering about the crit range too! The biggest meteor crit i've seen is 700k, but most often i'm getting 4-500k :(

Dropped force magic weapon for blood since my SKORN has no way of getting hp back on its own, only lost like 4k dps( ~144k dps buffed). MP4 is pretty doable when I'm in archon mode, and improved archon can facemelt all normal mobs stull. Reflect can be ugly, and when that happens, I switch to my previous 1 hander (400loh, 2.9ls, star amethyst for more LOH) and source. I might even go sword and board vs those elites if I can't boost my survival against damage reflect. I still die, but farming at MP4 seems to be my sweet spot. MP3 or2 might still be faster for exp, I havent run the tests yet.

My MP4 runs netted me 2 IK belts and an Andy helm last night. Nothing amazing, but should net a few mil.

Reflect damage is a real bitch now that I'm at (relatively) high DPS. With a Skorn as well, I'm just not sure what else I can do. Right now I hit diamond skin, drop a meteor, maybe 2, and run around like an idiot until DS comes back up. Even if I get life on hit on my rings and ammy, there is no way even 1k LOH is going to mitigate dropping a 750k meteor. Really seems like a stupid modifier, pigeonholing you into a spec (CM).

Reflect damage is a real bitch now that I'm at (relatively) high DPS. With a Skorn as well, I'm just not sure what else I can do. Right now I hit diamond skin, drop a meteor, maybe 2, and run around like an idiot until DS comes back up. Even if I get life on hit on my rings and ammy, there is no way even 1k LOH is going to mitigate dropping a 750k meteor. Really seems like a stupid modifier, pigeonholing you into a spec (CM).

Yeap. I've dropped Blood weapon again and picked back up arcane hydra because while i'm running around doing nothing i want dps to be happening. And the 1.5% never seemed to do enough anyway.

I've gotten pretty damn good though at dropping 2 meteors with diamond skin up, and just passively tanking my hydra and living lightening with a HP pot every 30 seconds until DS is back up for more meteor madness. Like you say though, i'm triggering CM so i get more Diamond skins. But at this point with 0 life steal or LoH, i usually don't die to reflect anymore. Of course my resists are pretty solid now too.

Yeap. I've dropped Blood weapon again and picked back up arcane hydra because while i'm running around doing nothing i want dps to be happening. And the 1.5% never seemed to do enough anyway.

I've gotten pretty damn good though at dropping 2 meteors with diamond skin up, and just passively tanking my hydra and living lightening with a HP pot every 30 seconds until DS is back up for more meteor madness. Like you say though, i'm triggering CM so i get more Diamond skins. But at this point with 0 life steal or LoH, i usually don't die to reflect anymore. Of course my resists are pretty solid now too.

I'm currently not using CM, maybe I should. My spec;

Increased fire dmg meteor
Fire hydra
diamond skin
+crit energy armor
blood weapon
+4 ap magic missle

Passives: Glass cannon, Conflagrate, Arcane Presence

What's your DPS at? Right now, with DS up, if I drop 2 meteors on a pack I die. (MP4)

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how my character survives. People talking about 300-1000k damage on crits and 40-70k health. My level 60 (15) WD can handle MP4 solo runs without any issue at 35k average damage and 38k health with ~60% resist all. When playing pub games I almost never die and have to ressurrect people. Granted, Im the one killing stuff the slowest cause my damage is so weak. I pop up my damage amp totem for others to do work.

That all said, with my MF at 240% after 5 stacks of valor. I....don't....get.....any! good drops. Best I ever had was the Horadric hamburger. Sold for 200k. Last night, Diablo kill in pub game gave me 1 yellow....

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how my character survives. People talking about 300-1000k damage on crits and 40-70k health. My level 60 (15) WD can handle MP4 solo runs without any issue at 35k average damage and 38k health with ~60% resist all. When playing pub games I almost never die and have to ressurrect people. Granted, Im the one killing stuff the slowest cause my damage is so weak. I pop up my damage amp totem for others to do work.

That all said, with my MF at 240% after 5 stacks of valor. I....don't....get.....any! good drops. Best I ever had was the Horadric hamburger. Sold for 200k. Last night, Diablo kill in pub game gave me 1 yellow....

All I do these days are Siegebreaker to Azmodan runs. You get fairly consistent enemy packs, and if you're with a good group, it can take as little as 20 minutes. If I want to play longer, I'll include the Siege Weapons part before Siege Breaker. My magic find is actually lower than yours after 5 Stacks, and I've had 3 Legendaries drop this week, I've played maybe 10 hours including on the weekend.

A lot of the "pros" I'm seeing say that it's not so much about who you're fighting but how much your fighting. In other words, volume of mobs killed is more important in Diablo 3 than anything else. Sure higher MF is a good thing, but you still need to kill as many mobs as possible to have the best shot at getting good items.

I'm currently not using CM, maybe I should. My spec;

Increased fire dmg meteor
Fire hydra
diamond skin
+crit energy armor
blood weapon
+4 ap magic missle

Passives: Glass cannon, Conflagrate, Arcane Presence

What's your DPS at? Right now, with DS up, if I drop 2 meteors on a pack I die. (MP4)

by "fire hydra" do you mean hydra without a rune? or the one with the fire wave?

I'm running:
Living Lightening
Molten Impact Meteor (i think this is the same as yours)
Diamond Skin
Frost Nova (+dmg for group rune---i play often without tanks, so this lets double meteor happen)
Energy Armor (for more resists)
Arcane Hydra (maybe fire hydra would be better, since i run conflag)

Passives: Conflag, Prodigy (sexy with living lightening), Astral Presence

612 All Resist and 60k dps.

If i had your dps, yea i could see killing myself with meteor lol

I could bring my dps up a bit, but i fucking hate dying so yea.

Mammoth (molten) hydra, yeah. I'm retarded, all this time playing and I still can't remember the actual names of most of the runes. Honestly I think I may drop conflag and the mammoth hydra. The flame trail just doesn't hit that many mobs unless they're standing still. The arcane hydra seems to be by far the best. Maybe I'll switch it out for prodigy and living lightning, see how that goes. I'll definitely still keep blood weapon as the life I get from it does save me quite often (125k DPS).

My resists are ridiculously low. I should try to get them back up somehow, but damnit it's expensive. I have to find a happy medium; before at 80k with CM spec, I could survive fairly well in mp4 but didn't do enough DPS to take down butcher. Now I do more than enough DPS, but I die like crazy. :(

I don't doubt that is the best drop you've ever had. Its a skorn worth many millions of gold. Its then a contradiction to say its not awesome.

Sold it for 85M, already :) Hope I didn't sell too low though. The next comparable was at 100M and it had better stats. I just hope it wasn't underpriced and I then underpriced mine. I don't think so though. I am happy :p

All I do these days are Siegebreaker to Azmodan runs. You get fairly consistent enemy packs, and if you're with a good group, it can take as little as 20 minutes. If I want to play longer, I'll include the Siege Weapons part before Siege Breaker. My magic find is actually lower than yours after 5 Stacks, and I've had 3 Legendaries drop this week, I've played maybe 10 hours including on the weekend.

A lot of the "pros" I'm seeing say that it's not so much about who you're fighting but how much your fighting. In other words, volume of mobs killed is more important in Diablo 3 than anything else. Sure higher MF is a good thing, but you still need to kill as many mobs as possible to have the best shot at getting good items.

I also do Siegebreaker to Azmodan runs (I do about 2-4 runs per evening) and I always find at least 1 legendary per evening, sometime up to 3. Most are crap not even worth 100k gold but at least they drop. All it take is one lucky day a legendary drop on a desired item (in my case, The Witching Hour belt). My current MF is about 250% with full NV stack.

I do the same. Join pub game right after they get off the bridge and Im 5 stacked before we get to the first door where the merchant sometimes is before the Siege boss. Diablo runs are even shorter so I sometimes run through that (mainly because that's the last key I need.)

Im always in the fight and doing constant damage. My zombie bears are the main wiping tool used in most of the groups of 4 I have been in for sudden pack fights. Freeze elites and champs is the same as I break free with spirit and do more damage than the rest of the group frozen. I don't get it but oh well. Ive spent maybe 2 mil in the auction house for my mediocre gear so the gold isn't really needed. I just want that wow, I finally got a great piece with my own character.

I do the same. Join pub game right after they get off the bridge and Im 5 stacked before we get to the first door where the merchant sometimes is before the Siege boss. Diablo runs are even shorter so I sometimes run through that (mainly because that's the last key I need.)

Im always in the fight and doing constant damage. My zombie bears are the main wiping tool used in most of the groups of 4 I have been in for sudden pack fights. Freeze elites and champs is the same as I break free with spirit and do more damage than the rest of the group frozen. I don't get it but oh well. Ive spent maybe 2 mil in the auction house for my mediocre gear so the gold isn't really needed. I just want that wow, I finally got a great piece with my own character.

Yeah, I won't deny that the vast majority of drops are crap and wow items are rare. I can't even say any of the legendaries I've found would sell for more than a couple hundred thousand. I'm hoping one day I get that wow item too. : )

Diablo runs are even shorter so I sometimes run through that (mainly because that's the last key I need.)

Freeze elites and champs is the same as I break free with spirit and do more damage than the rest of the group frozen. I don't get it but oh well. Ive spent maybe 2 mil in the auction house for my mediocre gear so the gold isn't really needed. I just want that wow, I finally got a great piece with my own character.

Keywarden in Crystal Spire drops the recipe. But you probably typoed that. If not, you're farming the wrong warden for the last key. It's the guy in Stonefort.

People should rarely be getting frozen unless they're not paying attention. I got nothing on that. I'm just kind of :confused: Are you saying people still (after the game has been out for 6 months) actually just stay there in one spot and get frozen bombed? I'm not elitist. I just pay attention. I guess that's why I don't pug.

EDIT: I put the wrong location for the third key guy. Had it as Dahlguar Oasis. Meant to say Stonefort.

Last edited:
Sold it for 85M, already :) Hope I didn't sell too low though. The next comparable was at 100M and it had better stats. I just hope it wasn't underpriced and I then underpriced mine. I don't think so though. I am happy :p

son of a bitch if i found just one legendary which was half-decent, i could upgrade so much gear ><

Keywarden in Crystal Spire drops the recipe. But you probably typoed that. If not, you're farming the wrong warden for the last key. It's the guy in Dahlguar Oasis.

People should rarely be getting frozen unless they're not paying attention. I got nothing on that. I'm just kind of :confused: Are you saying people still (after the game has been out for 6 months) actually just stay there in one spot and get frozen bombed? I'm not elitist. I just pay attention. I guess that's why I don't pug.

It makes me laugh how bad at the game i used to be. The only times i die anymore are against those fast guys with the tongue lashing shit, or combinations like jailer/mortar and jailer/arcane. Wallers get me sometimes too, but way less often.

The biggest worry about high dps is reflect, so if your dps is lower with all other stats being equal, your survival will be better. Imagine damage reflect hitting for 4-5x more than you're seeing now, I'm sure that'd be noticeable.

Killing speed > all.
Boost your killing speed over your MF. MF is only useful if you're insta-gibbing enemies. Even if you have maxed MF, if I can empty an entire room faster than you can kill a mob, then I'll have better drop rates. Don't expect with Max MF to ever give you better drops at a single point in time (ie boss kills). It's statistics over time, just because a legendary didn't drop off of diablo doesn't mean blizzard is trying to screw you over.

Even if high killing speed is at best equal to max MF set. Favoring killing speed will level you up faster so you will be less dependent on MF.

Keywarden in Crystal Spire drops the recipe. But you probably typoed that. If not, you're farming the wrong warden for the last key. It's the guy in Dahlguar Oasis.

Sorry, By Diablo run I meant final act runs to get the last part of the machine from warden. I did typo key instead of recipe though. Got the last key from the stonefort warden last week.

There's times the ice globes trap us and cant get away. Jailer, stun/slow effect, etc. Its not just freezing either, just an example. I run a shield which is why I guess my dmg is so weak but I never get one shotted and take damage way less than others with a lot more gear backing them. I struggle against damage reflect groups. 3-4 runs of Zombie bears and my HP plummets when my spirit runs out. I regen 600 HP a sec so it offsets a lot of dmg but getting hit 10k at a time I can't handle.

These days I tank ahead and take a beating while the Wiz's and Bow hunters go to town from a distance with my totem dmg amp. We walk through the weak Pub Inferno. Need to find some people who run private games for MP runs.

EDIT: Breath of the Dying - Spot on, reflect is my weakest point as my damage isnt massive but constant. My attack speed is buffed 8% by glove, 7% by weapon and 6% by amulet. Im still slow I know but I can't afford the mid/top tier gear. Only have 2mil in bank. Weap is 1156 one hand at 1.20 per sec with 7% speed and ~150 intel. Intel total is 2100 IIRC.

Last edited:
Reflect stuff hurts me since I have 93k unbuffed. But you just have to play smart. I just let off the DPS and leach life from other things around before I finish off the packs. All my upgrades now cost 30+ million, I imagine. So I'm holding off upgrading anything for a while.

And man, I love Windforce scoundrels.

Doesn't it get annoying chasing the mobs as they bounce away?

I'm a monk. My main attack teleports. For white mobs, stuff blows up in a hit or three, which is basically instantaneously for all intents and purposes.

What's nice is when I encounter elite packs. The scoundrel just keeps knocking them back and since my main attack teleports me a short distance anyway, they often don't get a chance to cast special skills. If they get bounced back, my attack teleports me in front of them. If the scoundrel doesn't knock them back, I don't get teleported.

Off topic: What's the highest kill streak massacre you guys have gotten, and I don't mean on normal mode either. hah. I can't break 110. I got 110 twice in mp2. Highest since was 108.

Last edited:
When I run at 200k DPS and come across reflect damage its instant death. Unless I read the Affixes first I always die instantly from Reflect damage. Then once I die I just put a shield on and kill them with ease.

Doesn't it get annoying chasing the mobs as they bounce away?

That's the one thing I hate about the echoing fury, putting them in fear. I want them in one area so I can smack em around constantly. Hate it when they're scared and run away. Then I gotta chase em.

When I run at 200k DPS and come across reflect damage its instant death. Unless I read the Affixes first I always die instantly from Reflect damage. Then once I die I just put a shield on and kill them with ease.

Hmm, what do you look for in your shield? Just high block, res all, vitality? I may have to do this, because I'm at that point too. I'll throw a meteor down on an elite pack without looking and instantly die.

Reflect stuff hurts me since I have 93k unbuffed. But you just have to play smart. I just let off the DPS and leach life from other things around before I finish off the packs. All my upgrades now cost 30+ million, I imagine. So I'm holding off upgrading anything for a while.

And man, I love Windforce scoundrels.

You have 93k dps and the only upgrades are in the 30mil range? I could see that if you're stacking uber amounts of defense as well, but you say reflect can still be an issue. I'm in the 145k range and I could probably find a number of upgrades for 5-10mil

Hmm, what do you look for in your shield? Just high block, res all, vitality? I may have to do this, because I'm at that point too. I'll throw a meteor down on an elite pack without looking and instantly die.

The shield I use, which I got for 50k a long time ago, has 9.5 Crit, 250 Int, 70 all res, 160 LPS, 18 % block.

I also have another shield which does 200 Int, 150 vit, 10 crit....no all res though. I have to use this shield for anything with Fast and reflect damage because I need the extra life.

If you want to go into god mode use a shield then go into Akon mode. It puts me at like 11000 Armor and 1100 all res.......I think they forgot to nerf the defense from Akon.

That's what I'm trying to go for next as well as resist and vita, without compromising my other damage boosters. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/harkamus-1584/hero/2619523

FYI your boots don't have movement speed.

Seriously your boots don't have movement speed.

No movement speed on the boots.

Take off those pants. Then run. Then put those pants back on. Feel that Speed difference.......Then double it. That is what it would be like with Movement speed boots. 24% movement speed it what you would be at. Not 12%. But 24%. Double it. 2X. I mean you can go 12% faster with 12% more movement speed on dem boots.

............no movement speed on the boots.

Take off those pants. Then run. Then put those pants back on. Feel that Speed difference.......Then double it. That is what it would be like with Movement speed boots. 24% movement speed it what you would be at. Not 12%. But 24%. Double it. 2X. I mean you can go 12% faster with 12% more movement speed on dem boots.

I know. I haven't found any pair with comparable stats as the ones I have, but with movement speed.

The speed is less important to me than the dex/vita/resist all/cold resist. I'm gonna get Lacuni Prowlers with 6% crit one day anyway, so the boots are not an upgrade I'm too concerned about.

lol nice post.

I so wish i could afford another item with movement speed :( Gotta hit the jackpot though or i'm restricted to <1mil upgrades just from gold farm.

I just found Depth Diggers with 230 int, 69 vita, 22 gf, 20 mf, 74 all resist. 8-9 million right there. Not a bad find for today. My goal is to find at least one item worth around 10 mill every day.

EDIT: I also bug reported finding a level 54 rare enchantress trinket thing in inferno mp2.

I just found Depth Diggers with 230 int, 69 vita, 22 gf, 20 mf, 74 all resist. 8-9 million right there. Not a bad find for today. My goal is to find at least one item worth around 10 mill every day.

EDIT: I also bug reported finding a level 54 rare enchantress trinket thing in inferno mp2.

That's a sweet goal to have, but i've been farming all week and have found one item. How do you plan on meeting such a goal with such shitty RNG?

That's a sweet goal to have, but i've been farming all week and have found one item. How do you plan on meeting such a goal with such shitty RNG?

Brute force method. I just level paragon. Legendaries drop a few times per level. It takes me now 56 million xp or so to level up. I go for speed. I only pick up certain things. Legendaries/sets, archon armor pieces, jewelry, and fist weapons are all I pick up. I used to pick up every single blue and rare item too. Then I changed to only picking up rares. Now, I only pick up certain rares.

Crazy, I just bought Zunimassa trail boots for 7mil, raised my DPS by a whopping 13k. Simple upgrade puts me at 160kdps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deliverer-1886/hero/3900763
Not sure whats up with my profile since it's showing the boots, my unbuffed dps in game is 120k.

Zunimassa's Journey (legacy boots) would have raised it more than that. They have IAS on them. But they cost a lot more than 7 million. hah.

Just found a Tal's necklace with 6% cold. 3 million. Not bad.

Last edited:
Zunimassa's Journey (legacy boots) would have raised it more than that. They have IAS on them. But they cost a lot more than 7 million. hah.

Just found a Tal's necklace with 6% cold. 3 million. Not bad.

When comparing Tal's necklaces to my current ammy, it always seems to be a DPS loss.

Back