Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So, anyone understands how the commodity auction works now in AH?

Each time I search for a particular gem in a particular quantity, it list out one buyout price only?

Yes, but it will always purchase the cheapest. Then, it will reimburse you for the amount you overpaid.

ie. you query 10 wishful essence--they list at 50g each. you pay 500g, but in reality some may have been listed at 40g ea (even though this is not shown)--when you select completed auctions you will see 100g for the amount you were reimbursed for overpaying+the 10 wishful essences you purchased.

Last edited:
Hit lvl 60 last night while killing sin hearts on Hell difficulty.

Barbarian is at 60k health and ~9.5k dmg. Only died once in ~2hours last night, and It was a mob with like 9 minions and arcane... they all cast at the same time in a circle around my barb... which was stuck in the middle of the 9 minions and couldn't move lol... let's just say my 60k health vanished in 2 seconds.

I'll probably go up against Azmodan tonight.

Llama[Style];1038809701 said:
Yes, but it will always purchase the cheapest. Then, it will reimburse you for the amount you overpaid.

ie. you query 10 wishful essence--they list at 50g each. you pay 500g, but in reality some may have been listed at 40g ea (even though this is not shown)--when you select completed auctions you will see 100g for the amount you were reimbursed for overpaying+the 10 wishful essences you purchased.

Ah I see, thanks. I was wondering why it returned some of the gold after I made a purchase.:eek:

Sigh Blizzard has effectively killed making money off of Gems or other commodities by freezing the market for so long. I am loosing what little interest I have left in this game. Most of my friends have already stopped playing too and these are all guys that played D2 religiously. I basically just log on now to sell my crap on the AH... I can farm an entire stash and mules worth of items in an hour but its all crap...

Any other hardcore players?

I'll be doing Act 1 Inferno Goblins for a while if anyone is interested :D

Sigh Blizzard has effectively killed making money off of Gems or other commodities by freezing the market for so long. I am loosing what little interest I have left in this game. Most of my friends have already stopped playing too and these are all guys that played D2 religiously. I basically just log on now to sell my crap on the AH... I can farm an entire stash and mules worth of items in an hour but its all crap...

Im still playing with friends and still having fun. I think I will stop playing soon enough though. Im not down and out, I'll just keep an eye on it and see what they add/change to draw me back in.

I finally farmed my first legendary after close to 100 hrs of play time. It was a level 12 barb belt. :( Am I the only one that thinks that the drop rate for legendary items is ridiculous?

I finally farmed my first legendary after close to 100 hrs of play time. It was a level 12 barb belt. :( Am I the only one that thinks that the drop rate for legendary items is ridiculous?

Considering legendaries kinda suck, and how low the drop rate is.. Lol. D2 dropped uniques left and right

Last legendary items were on nightmare act 2. I got two of them within 10 minutes of playtime. :D

Unfortunately both sucked so to AH they went. Havent got one since. *edit* But then again I am not specifically grinding yet, just normal playing and occasionally stop to gather levels.

Last edited:
Considering legendaries kinda suck, and how low the drop rate is.. Lol. D2 dropped uniques left and right

I don't know... maybe they buffed the D2 unique drop rate recently, but I certainly did not find many when I played. 95% of the rare drops were botted or duped.

And there are a lot of legendaries that are best in slot. You just have to look past the legendary weapons and realize how good they are in the other slots.

I don't think it's the drop rate for legendaries that are the problem, it's the stats that are an issue (Blizzard has acknowledged this, and is working to update that).

I never saw a unique in D2 and I had a character lvl like 93.

The whole reason people are so bored with Diablo 3 vs Diablo 2 is the fact that Diablo 2s had a higher level cap. It took forever to reach level 99 in D2. It would literally take a month to go from lvl 91 to 92.

Damage control.

He doesn't even post the full Bashiok quote.

"The auction house obviously provides an incredible service to allow for very easy trades between characters, and essentially blows out the wide range of items you could have available to you at any one time. So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks."

Downed Diablo last night on normal mode with my barb(hardcore). NO WAY I survive nightmare. I am way too stupid and will get randomly smoked by an elite.

Did you guys read the next 1.03 patch notes? I guess they are going to fix inferno (aka nerfing it), and readjust the stats on Legendary items. So it might be a good idea to keep them and see what changes happen to them.

I've only found 3 Legendary items. 2 in Normal and 1 in Hell. Both Normal items sucked... but then again the level requirements are low on them. I did get a nice 2 handed bow with decent stats, but wondering if it will be any better after patch.

I think I have found about six legendaries, and they all sucked pretty bad. However, they sell on the AH really well and really quickly in my experience. I get excieted when I see that orange text, but not because I think it will be an upgrade, but because I will hopefully get 100k or more for it...

Did you guys read the next 1.03 patch notes? I guess they are going to fix inferno (aka nerfing it), and readjust the stats on Legendary items. So it might be a good idea to keep them and see what changes happen to them.

I've only found 3 Legendary items. 2 in Normal and 1 in Hell. Both Normal items sucked... but then again the level requirements are low on them. I did get a nice 2 handed bow with decent stats, but wondering if it will be any better after patch.

The changes to legendaries aren't retroactive.

The whole reason people are so bored with Diablo 3 vs Diablo 2 is the fact that Diablo 2s had a higher level cap. It took forever to reach level 99 in D2. It would literally take a month to go from lvl 91 to 92.

Well think of it this way... Diablo 2 by itself is the same as Diablo 3 level wise. It wasn't until the expansion came out that you could get to 99.

So in that logic, I can safely assume it will follow the same path.

Fighting Diablo on Hell with my DH has been the easiest Diablo fight I have had so far. Did it solo second-try. In Australia.

From a normal mf run I would find almost a unique everytime. Albeit lots were junk, but I found a lot.

Well think of it this way... Diablo 2 by itself is the same as Diablo 3 level wise. It wasn't until the expansion came out that you could get to 99.

So in that logic, I can safely assume it will follow the same path.

I clearly remember you could get to 99 in d2 classic through cow farming

Also to the guy that said he never seen a unique even at lvl 93 must have atrocious shit luck.. I remember in 3 meph runs would pretty much drop either a unique or set, though they were prolly crap ones.

Indeed. D2 ... getting to lvl 93 and not seeing a single unique must be an accomplishment in itself. That's some bad luck you got. I'm not saying I was rolling in them when I did my playthroughs, but I probably got like 3 per difficulty, at least.

Indeed. D2 ... getting to lvl 93 and not seeing a single unique must be an accomplishment in itself. That's some bad luck you got. I'm not saying I was rolling in them when I did my playthroughs, but I probably got like 3 per difficulty, at least.

Maybe I did and I just cant remember, I never ever remember seeing something on the lvl of like a stone of jordan.

I sold a stone of jordan in the AH for 3.5 mil. Only legendary I would have even considered wearing myself but I am a wiz =/ All the others have been so asstastic I just go wtf in my mind.

Reading this thread is like watching a couple of anterograde amnesiacs have a lengthy discussion on the merits of public goods. The same questions, statements and arguments over and over and over...

Yes soj was really rare unique and only one boss was likely to drop it (nm andariel I think). I have found maybe 20 unique rings but not a soj

My biggest issue with the drops in this game is that there's no actual direction to class specific weapons or armor. All Blizzard did was take all the different stats in the game and throw them into a blender. The result is that you pick up a crossbow with +2 Rage bonus. That makes no sense! It comes across as lazy programming. :confused:

I'm seeing people post their stats and have no idea how resists vs armor works, or dont understand how to boost their DPS beyond buying an expensive weapon, or stick to some build they saw online and think its the only way to succeed, and yet they say inferno is impossible?

Depends on which class of character you're talking about.

Each class depends on a specific attribute.

ie:
DH/Monk - Dex
Barb - Str
WD/Wiz - Int

Focus on obtaining gear that increases those attributes give you higher DPS. Or focusing on getting gear that in conjunction adds to Attack Speed. Melee/Bow people it helps to have high Critical Damage.

Resistance is increased by Int. I believe every 15 Int you add, gives you a little bit more res. Monks have an ability that will max the rest of your res based on 1 res that has the most points in. ie: Fire has 200 res, yet the rest are in the low 20's. Using an ability will max the rest.

There are some calculator/excel spread sheets out there where you can type a value in to see your DPS value. So look for that and play around.

Has anyone found any set items? I swear it's almost impossible to get them without going to the AH to find them.

In D2, you would occasionally get a set item, and there were low level sets that you could collect that would help you level/survive in the level 10-25 range. And that they weren't hard to obtain.

I'm not seeing that at all.

Has anyone found any set items? I swear it's almost impossible to get them without going to the AH to find them.

In D2, you would occasionally get a set item, and there were low level sets that you could collect that would help you level/survive in the level 10-25 range. And that they weren't hard to obtain.

I've found 5 legendaries and 1 set item so far.

I found Aughild's brow when I was in the mid-40s, and another set item I can't remember now. Ended up using the Aughild helm for a while, then replacing it when I found the first legendary item that didn't suck (I forget what it's called, but it looks like a samurai helmet + horns with lots of dex, IAS, etc.).

lvl 56, Act II Hell, and I found 1 legendary back in act 1 normal, never found a set item.

I guess my point is, they were never hard to obtain. The hardest to obtain always was the armor and weapon itself. Gloves, Helms, etc... were easy.

I've ran into 3 legendaries, only 1 being useful for a short time. But no set items. It's disturbing not seeing a green item pop up.

Anyone's remember Isenhart Factory ? :rolleyes:

Definitely a lack of good uniques and set items, regardless of what others may say.

I have 2 level ~50 characters and I've found 1 green. You're never going to find a full set unless you farm the AH, and even then, you'd be better off waiting until level 60.

I really enjoy the crafting and socketing in PoE. You can customize your own gear, and with a little luck, make some seriously great items.

My biggest issue with the drops in this game is that there's no actual direction to class specific weapons or armor. All Blizzard did was take all the different stats in the game and throw them into a blender. The result is that you pick up a crossbow with +2 Rage bonus. That makes no sense! It comes across as lazy programming. :confused:
I couldn't agree more. It's absurd seeing a barbarian only item be stacked with intellect. I've said it a million times, but i'll say it again--if they only buff the off-class stats so that you're not so disappointed with the dexterity on your barbarian item, it would be all good. Yes, you should prioritize your classes stat. But no, the others should not be borderline useless.

Definitely a lack of good uniques and set items, regardless of what others may say.

I have 2 level ~50 characters and I've found 1 green. You're never going to find a full set unless you farm the AH, and even then, you'd be better off waiting until level 60.

I really enjoy the crafting and socketing in PoE. You can customize your own gear, and with a little luck, make some seriously great items.

I've probably got near 100 hours played now... found 1 legendary. :( I think they just didn't add in enough sets/legendaries so they had to have their drops so low. Where the fuck is my Arctic Furs set!!!

Also yes--I don't like their WoW-like approach to crafting. Absolutely useless until you get an endgame recipe :mad:

Last edited:

I don't think there's a crossbow / bow that can spawn barbarian stats. If you're referring to bonuses to other classes like WD, that's because WD's can actually use a xbow.

Class specific pieces (pieces that only that class can wear) will spawn class specific bonuses (hatred regen, max disc, max fury, heal per spirit, max arcane, arcane on crit, etc. etc. etc.)

Back