Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

That stash size is going to be a problem. It's shared across all characters - just like your gold. There's going to be some money management strategies that need to take place.

Yeah, like whether to give Blizzard $15 to expand the size of the stash when they make that option available next month. ;)

I don't think shared stash size will be that problematic

I'm reading a single account can make 10 characters, so I'll just use the shared stash as an intermediary tool to mule items to other characters.

I don't think shared stash size will be that problematic

I'm reading a single account can make 10 characters, so I'll just use the shared stash as an intermediary tool to mule items to other characters.

Exactly, this sure beats the old system of having to drop all your stuff on the ground in trist, while your friend holds the game and you log into one of your mules.

10 character slots works out pretty well. Thats 1 of each class on softcore (with their shared stash and gold), and 1 of each class on hardcore (sharing their own stash+gold). Sort of like 5 permanent characters and 5 red shirts. ;)

I'm psyched. Been playing through D2 hardcore, an assassin with maxblock, max fade, all defense. Shes up to Hell now and I'm basically paused at Act2. I get the feeling that if I try to do more without farming a ton of loot she will die to some random aura'd miniboss. Going to take a lot of Meph runs to get on par. And even during those runs shes almost died a couple times. What a rush.

Damn those mini bosses and their thorns!!!

I lost at least 4 HC characters to that shit. Ahhh!

10 character slots works out pretty well. Thats 1 of each class on softcore (with their shared stash and gold), and 1 of each class on hardcore (sharing their own stash+gold). Sort of like 5 permanent characters and 5 red shirts. ;)

I'm psyched. Been playing through D2 hardcore, an assassin with maxblock, max fade, all defense. Shes up to Hell now and I'm basically paused at Act2. I get the feeling that if I try to do more without farming a ton of loot she will die to some random aura'd miniboss. Going to take a lot of Meph runs to get on par. And even during those runs shes almost died a couple times. What a rush.

a friend and I played when the ladderreset hahah. Its amazing how far diablo 3 has come in terms of gameplay... I forgot how boring 25 baal runs can be :p

got to level 50 and was like I'll just wait for D3 :p

Hardcore scares me though man. I dont think I could handle the stress

a friend and I played when the ladderreset hahah. Its amazing how far diablo 3 has come in terms of gameplay... I forgot how boring 25 baal runs can be :p

got to level 50 and was like I'll just wait for D3 :p

Hardcore scares me though man. I dont think I could handle the stress

Thankfully, networks are much better than they were during D2. No more 56k vs Battle.net hiccups.

Thankfully, networks are much better than they were during D2. No more 56k vs Battle.net hiccups.

yeah definitely. I actually havent had any issues with battle.net 2.0 as far as SC2 goes. I had problems in wow. Although I was playing all the damn time so probably just seemed like a lot

Exactly, this sure beats the old system of having to drop all your stuff on the ground in trist, while your friend holds the game and you log into one of your mules.

Or joining a random game and running out to Blood Moor, dropping shit in the corner, switch characters and see

REALM DOWN

Many bricks were shat whilst attempting to transfer items in d2.

Or joining a random game and running out to Blood Moor, dropping shit in the corner, switch characters and see

REALM DOWN

Happened way too many times to me.

Ah the good ol' days. I remember I think it was Tribes, if anyone connected to a server on dial-up for some reason the entire server would be brought to a crawl.

REALM DOWN

Lol, man I remember my friend having that happen while I was playing Ridge Racer or some shit in the background. He was almost in tears

Crossing my fingers that the local retailer gets their shipment on Thursday or Friday.

I much prefer this one. It's interactive. :)

I used Stronger, with Sharpness ON.

my buddy showed me this one.. I thought they were pretty close myself. but you gotta admit both improve the looks quite a bit :D

wish I knew about this during the beta I wouldve tried it. Hopefully it's not a banable offense.

I much prefer this one. It's interactive. :)

I used Stronger, with Sharpness ON.

Overall this looks best to me as well though Normal does a good job too. Hope we can use this with the retail version, I'd really like to try out some different configurations with it

I like the sharpness, for sure. The rest I can do without. I, unlike a lot of people, like the original color palette.

Last edited:
so I canceled my CE from Amazon this morning, just decided that I didn't want any of the extra stuff. I'd rather put the $40 difference into a couple of months of Tera rather than stuff I'll look at onetime never too be seen again...:cool:

I cannot wait for this game. I thought the beta was boring at first, but by the end I was loving it.

I like the sharpness, for sure. The rest I can do without. I, unlike a lot of people, like the original color palette.

I used the sharpness-only option as well in the beta and it looked fantastic. The only other color scheme I considered was the Hardcore setting, as the others looked washed out to me, but even so I thought the original color palette was fine, it just needed some sharpening.

I was one of those whiners about the graphics until I played the open beta. I had a great time and wanted more so its a day 1 purchase for me. Already got a TS server setup for some RL friends to chat on while we play.

REALM DOWN

I used to be even better :p

I would create my own game, leave it (with nobody in the game..), switch characters and join the game again.

Often times the game still existed, even though it had no players for a few seconds.

I did lose a bunch of items though... Oh memories. ;)

I used to be even better :p

I would create my own game, leave it (with nobody in the game..), switch characters and join the game again.

Often times the game still existed, even though it had no players for a few seconds.

I did lose a bunch of items though... Oh memories. ;)

You had to wait 5 minutes for the room to perm I believe. It might have been longer.

Yeah, I used to leave the game and rejoin it before dropping anything. There might have been 1 or 2 occasions where the game disappeared even after I made sure it stuck around lol.

In the chat I linked above, I just pulled this nugget:

JayWilson: BTW, I said earlier that Nephalem Valor is only available in Inferno. This is incorrect. It kicks in at level 60, regardless of your difficulty level.

I thought N.Valor was locked to difficulty so this is good news.

Back