Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by xenios, May 1, 2012.

1. refraxion

refraxion [H]ardForum Junkie

For someone who doesn't have all the required pieces on his monk (I have incense torch, the boots that give mystic ally, inna belt and chest piece, and only one piece sunwuko and several pieces of the raiment set)

What should I tailor my build to at the moment?

Can I still do the WoL build and which torment does everyone recommend right now?

2. -Strelok-

-Strelok- [H]ardForum Junkie

Link your profile!

Honestly you can just use the same cookie cutter WoL build that everyone uses it just won't be nearly as effective as having full SWK.

3. Erasmus354

Erasmus354 [H]ardForum Junkie

Look up "Monk Starter Build". You should find some decent build suggestions for people who don't have any gear. You can build out from there as you acquire more pieces.

4. chockomonkey

chockomonkey [H]ardForum Junkie

So I re-installed this game because some friends are playing it again..

Load up my guy and try to shoot something.. lag. Now i remember. I could never get this game running smoothly.

It shouldn't need to be on an SSD, and while it helped last time it never fully fixed the problem. At present, it's unplayable.

What kinda settings are you guys using for a smooth experience?

5. -Strelok-

It's most likely your CPU, this game is pretty much single threaded(maybe dual threaded) and is an absolute piece of junk like SC2 in that category. Try running Low FX and turn off AA.

6. chockomonkey

Gave it a shot. Game still stutters every so often. It's not the HDD stuttering that keeps coming up in google, as it will happen if i'm just standing still.

I had a very similar stutter in hearthstone as well, but that was fixed with going windowed. Sadly that doesn't work here eather :(

7. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Set the amount of sound channels to the lowest setting Chokomonkey.

8. TaintedSquirrel

TaintedSquirrel [H]ardForum Junkie

Yes that will boost performance but also makes the game sound weird.

9. Superfly3176

Superfly3176 [H]ardness Supreme

10. stevedave

stevedave [H]ardness Supreme

I don't even know what you are trying to say.

The only wizard build is a fire wizard build. So the only thing you need to worry about is getting 6 pieces of firebirds.

11. chockomonkey

Are wizards truely in such a sad shape? :(

12. chockomonkey

Oh i have heard of this. Thanks i'll try it when i get home!

13. -Strelok-

Yes. They seem much better on PTR from what I heard though.

14. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

The changes for 2.2 seem like such a tease, and the rest of Season 2 seems to be a lame duck while we wait for what's in PTR to be released.

15. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

I have 6 piece Firebird's and I am still not sure how it even works. For example does it ever proc off straight Disintegrate damage?

16. -Strelok-

Firebird's is a dot so it ramps up, not sure why you are using disintegrate. You want to use Blizzard with the fire rune for the AoE and you can just drop it and walk away, which helps with Zei's damage.

17. chockomonkey

18. stevedave

stevedave [H]ardness Supreme

It procs off of any and all fire damage. If you are using the fire Disintegrate it will work.

I was using the Fire Archon for a while and it is pretty awesome.

Read this for more in depth.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Firebird's_Finery

19. -Strelok-

Any Fire will work, it's just that blizzard is the best skill to apply it.

20. another-user

another-user Gawd

heres my old season firebird profile. according to d3progress, i was in the top 200 (500? i cant remember) for Edps vs elites. and thats based off sheet dps. fully buffed i would have been doing 6mdps vs elites (3m sheet dps + 101% elite dmg)

oh, right, and you can add another 60% fire dmg on top of that. forgot about that

(assuming blizz updated and i have all my gear on)
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/darklord-1888/seasonwiz/51831028

21. Slade

Slade 2[H]4U

Season 2 is too kind...

Exploding palm is a nice easy way to clear mobs. I hit the jackpot early on (para 140) for an ancient ver of the fist that boosts exploding palm damage (96%)! I also have ancient versions of almost all but maybe 2-3 pieces. I've seen crit damage explosions as high as 1.2 billion.

To add even more insult, my monk got a nice drop of things I rarely or never saw in reg play.
    -Furnace
    -Witching Hour (got that at para 50 season 2 wtf rng)
    -Calamity 2 drops of calamity in reg and this one drops WITH the witching hour.
    -Unity (My first unity drop ever came in Feb 2015)

by 200 I think I had the "core" exploding palm set, sunwoko, inna's, boots for 2 mystic allies, ancient royal ring...

Only thing missing is a stone of jordan... that is what I have plenty of in the reg characters (12 + covering most elementals)

22. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

For AMD-Type and Pure...

Unexpectedly took a fuckton of damage from about 10 of these guys at once (see if you can count 'em all!). They all spit those rapid fire blow darts - about 8 at a time - and I was hit by every one from about 10 different guys at once. Was running a pretty fun tri-generator build that I would like to run again - especially if I can actually get my gems to 25 for once.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aix-1131/hero/59075649

[​IMG]

23. refraxion

Think I'm calling it quits. Reached Paragon 229-230 and have found pretty much everything I needed except ancient incense torch and a unity ring for me and my follower.

Sunwuko/Inna's/Incense Torch (Regular)/Crude Boots/Gungdo Gear etc.. I think I did pretty well for playing for such a short time this season.

24. tehslippery

tehslippery Gawd

Season 2 ending Apr 5, Season 3 starting Apr 10.

2 month season, lol.

25. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

Changes in 2.2 sound good, maybe too good that they didn't want to keep it delayed behind Season 2.

26. -Strelok-

They said seasons are supposed to be short, season 1 was an anomaly where they tested the idea of seasons. Don't expect long seasons anymore, but this has been long enough anyways. I'm at paragon ~510 and that's after starting a week late for soft core. 4 almost fully geared characters with 3 having done GR40+, definitely time for something new :D.

27. refraxion

Yeah, I'll probably start when season 3 begins this time.

28. ob1

ob1 2[H]4U

There are several things on PTR that I like about the upcoming changes, but the one that I like the most, (but they haven't taken far enough yet), is the ability to pick up multiple of the same item types at same time. So like when you get 12 different gem drops, you click one and it picks them all up. The should have just made gems auto pickup like gold, but this is at least a step in the right direction.

29. refraxion

Agreed on the gem auto pickup. That would be a quality of life change for sure.

30. -Strelok-

I'm honestly not sure what the developers are thinking when it comes to that. Lets give them auto pickup on health potions, the most useless shit ever, but not on stuff they actually want it on. It's like they are making the grind more grindy just for the sake of being grindy! :D:(

31. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

:rolleyes:

:D

32. RW2112

RW2112 Gawd

In the patch there are no more health potions to worry with picking up.... unless they added them back in the last week...

33. Mortuus

Mortuus [H]ard|Gawd

i want auto pick up craft material too like gold.. how hard is that to do so annoying having to click all that when u play..

34. ob1

ob1 2[H]4U

Right, no health potions at all coming up, plus the easier pickup of gems, crafting, etc. So those stupid golems that drop like 16 of the same crafting material in all different piles will now just take a single click instead of 16. Change for the better, but not far enough yet.

35. vasta

vasta Gawd

It's good to see Blizzard is happy with introducing/changing 2 Barb sets that still suffer from the exact same problems as Raekor, almost as if they don't play the game

Season 3 pylon hunting is still going to be the only way Barbs can clear over 50

36. chenw

chenw 2[H]4U

An option to choose what you want to auto pickup would go a long way.

37. AMD T-type

AMD T-type [H]ardness Supreme

lost a barb last week...

[​IMG]

38. -Strelok-

We're you running a leap quake build there?

39. tehslippery

tehslippery Gawd

I just want Greater Rift Trials to go away. To hell with doing those things all the time -_-