• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Where I still play - leisurely one handed while holding my infant son while watching a movie/tv show - I don't see how this patch will bring back anyone who left for game stale reasons.

Until they bring in a new challenge like Torment 10 or scaling difficulty with reward boosts there's nothing new to shoot for. Maybe to see how much faster you can clear 4 person T6 rifts solo? Grifts are pointless when it's purely luck or dedication to running looking for Conduits with speed boost gear.

I agree with Strend - Sets still broken or completely useless (Helltooth) remaining unchanged is a big let down. Simply adding even more aggravatingly rare drops like ancients with possibilities of dmg boosts is a quick bandaid to fish players back in and grind.

Season 2 - Giant flop repeat on its way.

/grumble
 
Still would like to see paragon points incorporated into the skills themselves somehow. With no skill tree, could still be fun to make "silly/fun" builds more viable. +1% damage to X skill, non-refundable, or something like that. Hell, 0.1, who knows.
 
Still would like to see paragon points incorporated into the skills themselves somehow. With no skill tree, could still be fun to make "silly/fun" builds more viable. +1% damage to X skill, non-refundable, or something like that. Hell, 0.1, who knows.

Nothing but a good Idea here.



the biggest problem this game has always had is that its potential is too great and will never be realized. They could do so much if they wanted to. But to expect something truly great out of a team that can't / won't do a proper PvP (which is standard practice now) is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
 
What I remember most about D2 wasn't my min/max build. It was my retarded level 91-2 charged bolt sorc with insane IAS. Got all the +charged bolt and synergy skills I could, something like level 32+ and ~300% increased attack speed. Lag the shit out of my GPU but it was hilarious to see the WTFs coming through the chat.

That's the kind of fun that is massively missing from D3.
 
What I remember most about D2 wasn't my min/max build. It was my retarded level 91-2 charged bolt sorc with insane IAS. Got all the +charged bolt and synergy skills I could, something like level 32+ and ~300% increased attack speed. Lag the shit out of my GPU but it was hilarious to see the WTFs coming through the chat.

That's the kind of fun that is massively missing from D3.

My buddy talked me into playing the free trail of WoW, and holy shit i can't believe how much it's changed. I wonder what the goal of the new design decisions is over at Acti-Blizz, They've made current WoW so much like they made D3.. it's almost like it's the same dev team working on both games, and they got the two mixed up a bit.

The combat is so actiony now... doesn't feel compelling just as I never found the combat in D3 to be that compelling.

Not sure what it is exactly about talent trees, but when you level up in a game and you don't get a talent point to spend, that really kills the mood for me.

Sorry to bring up WoW, but it just completely shocked me how much like D3 the game is after all these years. I guess i should have expected it
 
The earliest the Patch can come out is next Tuesday. They never said it was coming out Tuesday they just said it can and might come out then.

I hope it does.
 
I agree with Strend - Sets still broken or completely useless (Helltooth) remaining unchanged is a big let down. Simply adding even more aggravatingly rare drops like ancients with possibilities of dmg boosts is a quick bandaid to fish players back in and grind.

I quite enjoyed finding my Helltooth set (since the game decided I should find mostly Helltooth pieces for quite awhile and very few Jade Harvester pieces). I even liked getting my Wall of Zombies down to sub-2 second casts and playing the game differently...and then I found out that 6-piece Helltooth fucking SUCKS and that the poison damage doesn't stack at all, meaning there's an entire 6-piece set based around a skill that does 200% damage over 4 seconds...That's D3 development in a nutshell. "Hey! Look at all this cool shit we built! Oh, btw, a lot of it doesn't work properly and we're not going to fix it." :confused:

That season 2 delay is actually quite comical. They can't patch the game and launch season 2 all at once due to some "technical risks that...would jeopardize both processes", so they're going to wait three weeks to do it?! D3 support has always been this way, so it's not surprising, but their zero-fucks-given attitude toward the game never ceases to amaze me given the potential it has.
 
"After weighing both options carefully, we have decided to launch patch 2.1.2 three weeks prior to the Season rollover."

That means next Tuesday.

I'm pretty disappointed in what's coming in patch 2.1.2. Especially with Ancient Items....what a shit/lazy idea. Instead of fixing existing sets or addressing the remaining "Orange Rares" in the game they are giving us super rare versions of the same shit that already drops, but with 30% higher roll potential on SOME stats. Meh.

This furnace just dropped for me the other day...super lucky considering I've maybe put 20 hours on my barb in ROS

9EQ4coU.jpg


It's sad to think I'll just be able to craft something better come next Tuesday.

Wow i hate u i found my only furnace around paragon 500 and almost 900 hours played.. and a furnace will always be the top weapon, u wont be able to craft anything better then that lol...
 
Wow. I quit seasons pretty early last year and I had a furnace both on non seasons and in seasons.
 
I quite enjoyed finding my Helltooth set (since the game decided I should find mostly Helltooth pieces for quite awhile and very few Jade Harvester pieces). I even liked getting my Wall of Zombies down to sub-2 second casts and playing the game differently...and then I found out that 6-piece Helltooth fucking SUCKS and that the poison damage doesn't stack at all, meaning there's an entire 6-piece set based around a skill that does 200% damage over 4 seconds...That's D3 development in a nutshell. "Hey! Look at all this cool shit we built! Oh, btw, a lot of it doesn't work properly and we're not going to fix it." :confused:

I tried the tooth set as well, as you said, they drop very easily, same as the junk invoker set. Ditched it very quickly for blackthorne plus aughild until I got JH.

That season 2 delay is actually quite comical. They can't patch the game and launch season 2 all at once due to some "technical risks that...would jeopardize both processes", so they're going to wait three weeks to do it?! D3 support has always been this way, so it's not surprising, but their zero-fucks-given attitude toward the game never ceases to amaze me given the potential it has.

Everything after the expansion first hit has been after thought and poorly thought out. Rift Trials with no central enemy to face which 95% of builds are built for? really? I don't have much hope on future releases to improve the overall D3 situation as it doesn't make Blizz any more money. They don't care about maintaining the early adopter players as there no profit in it for them. A new expansion pack, maybe, but they never had more than 1 in all Diablo's before 3.

That said - I found new interest last night joining the powerleveling and powerlevel1-70 communities last night. I volunteered in chat to PL some people and I got a boatload of requests. Carried 3 people in their 30's to 70 solo in a T6 4 person game. Challenge being how fast I could get them to 70. Fastest was 3 rifts about 25 minutes doing 80% clears. I've been PL'd at least 3 times, nice to give back I guess. Everyone was nice and thankful for the effort.
 
So it looks like the new season has an insane powerleveling gem. Would have to get it first on a season's only character, correct? (Haven't yet messed with a season char).
 
So it looks like the new season has an insane powerleveling gem. Would have to get it first on a season's only character, correct? (Haven't yet messed with a season char).

Sounds like it. So you'll have to level that character to be able to get the gem. Then you can use it on other seasonal characters. At least thats the way that it sounds to me.
 
Man, see, I wanna get back into D3 so bad. Mostly out of nostalgia. Diablo 1 was literally the first video game I ever played - aside from the Atari console my dad had when I was little.

These updates are just too grindy though. It is a cheap way to keep people playing.
 
D1 and D2 were grindy.
It's the stuff *around* the grind that determines whether or not it's a good game.
 
I still don't get why the haven't "fixed" the gem crafting yet. There is no need for it take as long as it currently does. It's just an artificial time waster.
 
I think I have around 12 or 13k of each (~1k leg mats), which should be enough. Most of my stash is still filled up with backups, and backups for those backups.

The funniest part is I am farming the gold faster than it takes me to make the gems. (Just cost me ~64 million for like 300 gems, and I made over 100 million in probably half the time that took)
 
Can you craft new sets now? Almost all of the crafted gear was crap last time I played.

Cain's and Aughild's are pretty decent. Captain Crimson can be useful for a Crusader. I think those are the only ones I ever actually use in a mid/end game build though.
 
You will need a crafted Ancient weapon for 2.1.2, depending on your class and what you have equipped now.

Explain. I played the PTR and my characters without ancient gear seemed to still be ok. I'm actually genuinely curious.
 
Witch Doctor without SMK will need a crafted weapon, if you don't have Furnace you'll need to craft for Jade, crafted 2H replaces Sun Keeper too.
Wizard without Furnace or an amazing Sun Keeper will need Ancient Sunder.
DH without Kridershot will need Ancient Arcane Barb. Even if you have a Krider you can replace it with a Barb for other builds focusing more on CA.

Any 40% Furnaces with bad rolls will be replaced.

I don't play melee classes but I assume the same is true if you're missing Furnace/Flying Dragon for Barb and Monk. Crusader already has tons of viable options without Furnace.

So basically, for everyone except crusader: If you don't have SMK, Furnace, Flying Dragon, or Kridershot, you will need to craft a weapon in 2.1.2.
 
Last edited:
Witch Doctor without SMK will need a crafted weapon, if you don't have Furnace you'll need to craft for Jade, crafted 2H replaces Sun Keeper too.
Wizard without Furnace or an amazing Sun Keeper will need Ancient Sunder.
DH without Kridershot will need Ancient Arcane Barb. Even if you have a Krider you can replace it with a Barb for other builds focusing more on CA.

Any 40% Furnaces with bad rolls will be replaced.

I don't play melee classes but I assume the same is true if you're missing Furnace/Flying Dragon for Barb and Monk. Crusader already has tons of viable options without Furnace.

So basically, for everyone except crusader: If you don't have SMK, Furnace, Flying Dragon, or Kridershot, you will need to craft a weapon in 2.1.2.

I didn't play in the PTR so please treat my following questions as such:

Are the above recommendations solely for the purpose of ladder position? I don't see needing these "dominant" weapons when T6 difficulty hasn't been increased (or has it)?

The crafted weapons you speak of, will we not eventually find ancient weapons on our own via drops of the gear we actually want? I don't know what's being upgraded to ancient status of the existing weapon sets.
 
All legs and sets will have a chance to be ancient items unless they just recently changed it in the PTR.
 
I still don't see a reason to try to farm anymore on my monk. I've got that set where when I spend so much mana or whatever it makes a clone who explodes and a Flying Dragon. Pretty much mop up T6.

Maybe I'll try to max out a new character.....ehhh but the time that would take....
 
The crafted weapons you speak of, will we not eventually find ancient weapons on our own via drops of the gear we actually want? I don't know what's being upgraded to ancient status of the existing weapon sets.
It really depends on your class. Ancient drop rate on PTR was 10% (not confirmed)? Which means on average you will need to find 10 of a particular item before you even find 1 Ancient.

DH with Ancient Arcane Barbs will only have a few possible replacements. Ancient Kridershot, Ancient Buriza are the only 2 I can think of.
Witch Doctor will replace Ancient crafted weapons with pretty much any 1H Ancient with superior rolls. Wizard will replace Ancient Sunder with any Furnace, Ancient Maximus, Ancient Sunkeeper, etc.

So YES you will replace Ancient Crafted weapons, but it could potentially take a really long time. 100+ hours of T6 farming for most classes.
All other Ancient gear you find will need to compete with your crafted weapon's stat rolls, which makes your crafted gear even harder to replace. You can, potentially, get a perfectly rolled Ancient crafted weapon quite easily -- You just need the mats to do it.

It's poor design on Blizzard's part. They've pretty much obsoleted nearly every weapon in the game with crafted ancient weapons. There will definitely be more whining about these problems over the next 1-2 weeks, when the patch goes live and people start crafting / running rifts, and realize how rare Ancients really are.

For future reference, it's a good idea to try the PTR to avoid having questions like this. You can copy your characters instantly, and start crafting to see what upgrades you need and which ones you have the mats to obtain. PTR is down now, so it's too late.
 
Last edited:
I'll be keeping my legendary dagger of darts on my witch doctor. The issue with going with a crafted ancient weapon is they usually don't have any special abilities on them. So while you're doing more damage, you are stuck with boring gameplay.

I will however be spending my blood shards on mojo's until I find an ancient zuni mojo.
 
For future reference, it's a good idea to try the PTR to avoid having questions like this. You can copy your characters instantly, and start crafting to see what upgrades you need and which ones you have the mats to obtain. PTR is down now, so it's too late.

I viewed the PTR as a spoiler and investment of time with no return. I didn't want to get a good ancient item or build out, get a feel of the new system, just to have it taken away. Thanks for the answers/explanation though.

Hopefully this patch breathes temporary new life into D3. It's been a ghost town in the clan for months. I've power leveled at least 50 people in the last week just killing time. Still no Kridershot...
 
doesn't looks like we'll get the 2.1.2. Tuesday. Unless they release it without officially saying they are going to release it.

You'd think they'd know Monday after work if they are going to be releasing a patch the next day and that they'd communicate that to their user base. I get better service at the DMV.
 
They often announce maintenances, with no mention of the patch, and the patch just 'appears' in your launcher on Tuesday.

The only way to know 2.1.2 is not launching tomorrow, is when D3 comes back online and your launcher doesn't download a patch.
Until then, it's up in the air. Hopefully they will post the official patch notes tonight (or during the maintenance itself) for confirmation.
 
Cain's and Aughild's are pretty decent. Captain Crimson can be useful for a Crusader. I think those are the only ones I ever actually use in a mid/end game build though.

Yeah, pretty much. I can't even see using captain crimson now since the last patch. Vigilante belt and leorics crown gives you much more cdr.
 
Back
Top