Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

What a piece of shit. First we couldn't log in. Finally get in and lag.Plays like a laggy ass mmo. Me and my bud couldn't get under 300ms ping tonight. Absolutely disgusted thus far.

Its laggy for me too, which would suggest their servers are being worked on or having issues. Its not normally like that.

How do you check ping in this game?


You check the ping next to the Arcane/Mana orb, its to the left of it on the hud.
 
The game went from being really easy in Act I to being a decent challenge in Act II (at least for me). I can't just click-and-forget with my Demon Hunter anymore - I have to think about what I am doing and use the available skills correctly.

I'm very pleased with the game so far. Have only had one disconnect/fuckoffserverisdown incident.
 
Since I play HC I didn't play tonight because of the lag/stuttering. Thank you for making the game online only to insure my gaming experience was protected and of the highest quality.
 
After the day one issues, I finally got started yesterday. I was going to do all sorts of things on my day off, ended up playing for 18 hours, something I haven't done for a decade or more.

The game is absolutely beautiful and great seizure inducing fun with four players! The monk is awesome to play :D

A little lag here and there. Very minor. No issues, except a mission bug that was resolved by restarting the game.
 
Awesome, I bet you were stoked to see that fall

I'm getting a lot more lag today after none prior. Game has completely lagged out, currently.
 
I just played it for a few hours and only noticed lag a couple times. Had a full party and we had a blast.
 
It's funny new comers to Diablo. I've had two people tell me how they hate how you have to click to move and click to do everything and wish they could use the WASD keys.
 
It's funny new comers to Diablo. I've had two people tell me how they hate how you have to click to move and click to do everything and wish they could use the WASD keys.

lol, it wouldn't be a diablo game if it didn't have enough clicking to give you horrid carpal tunnel :p
 
Just completed Normal. I can't wait to move on to Nightmare!

I'm not really sure why people keep saying single player game. This is not a single player game. You can play solo, but you are doing so in a multiplayer game. It is the same as in D2 (battle.net) when you wanted to do solo runs for lvling or mfing. They got rid of single player. I know that is what upsets people, but stops saying they require an internet connection for SP, because there is no SP.

They're either really inept or purposely trying to induce a logical inconsistency with the singleplayer/online relationship in order to make a compelling argument. Needless to say, it's a wrong induction. D3 is more or less geared toward multiplayer now, with the option to solo.
 
Nightmare mode is open after you complete normal right? Normal is far too easy for a barb. Just went from 20 to 24 and didn't even have to look at my health. Just click and kill :\
 
Nightmare mode is open after you complete normal right? Normal is far too easy for a barb. Just went from 20 to 24 and didn't even have to look at my health. Just click and kill :\

Yeah, the difficulty unlocks progressively Hell follows Nighmare, then Inferno.
 
It's funny new comers to Diablo. I've had two people tell me how they hate how you have to click to move and click to do everything and wish they could use the WASD keys.

they might not know that they can hold down the mouse button and they wont have to click to move...one of my buddies that i play WoW with was cramping after 2 hours because he didnt know he could just hold down the mouse button, lmao. :D
 
The game went from being really easy in Act I to being a decent challenge in Act II (at least for me). I can't just click-and-forget with my Demon Hunter anymore - I have to think about what I am doing and use the available skills correctly.

I'm very pleased with the game so far. Have only had one disconnect/fuckoffserverisdown incident.

just wait for act III. i played through it with a buddy last night and all i can say is: HOLY SHIT.
 
Act 3 is spectacularly clusterfucky. Also damage scaling is lol. I bought a 54 dps two handed fucking axe for my WIZARD and it turned me into a killing machine. I was hitting for like 1400 by level 27. It's awesome.
 
Does nightmare mode give more experience? i'm level 25 and beat the normal with help of friends. i have almost 5k health and around 300 dps... not sure if nightmare doable
 
Does nightmare mode give more experience? i'm level 25 and beat the normal with help of friends. i have almost 5k health and around 300 dps... not sure if nightmare doable

:eek: doubtful you will be able to do it... So, did you just join someones game that was at the end of the game? haha... I JUST turned level 25 and i'm not even all the way through Act II.
 
I was around lvl 30 when I got to Nightmare. Apparently you also have to be level 50 to get go to hell.
 
yea pretty much. i was able to tank the last boss pretty well. i guess i'll see.. can always go back... level 25 is min for nightmare. Just wondering if there is a benefit for going into higher difficulty content. like more exp per kill, etc.
 
yea pretty much. i was able to tank the last boss pretty well. i guess i'll see.. can always go back... level 25 is min for nightmare

yes... you could always try out nightmare and see how it fares... :p if cryinggod says level 30 is okay, I doubt being a tad lower will make much of a difference. let us know how it goes...hell i may have to join a friends game and do the same. haha:D
 
Finished the game, I have to say this game first half is pretty well made, second half is complete rush feeling.

Especially Act 4 is really just Act 3..... WTF...

Feels like the game is a bit rip off...
 
This game, is a disgrace to gaming, the Diablo name and what Blizzard used to be. I would not call it consolized more like "noobed". Playing the game I felt like I was actually not playing but watching an interactive movie. My 60 year old mother who can barely use a computer could finish this no problemo. Turn on auto Equip follow the little arrows and click monsters, wow is this supposed to be a game? No stat point investment, no skill choices and by default even damage done and received is not shown.

This is the easiest game I have played in my 20+ years of gaming, I feel as if Blizzard has taken us all for gullible fools. They knew we would buy this on launch.. not wait for reviews and what do we get? A game so easy to play and so dumbed down I don't even think it can be called gaming. Higher difficulty levels will not help this.. the gameplay mechanics are broken, the combat system is ridiculous (enemies hit you from great distances.. no dodging) After the epic and awesome StarCraft 2 I was expecting more. Shame on you blizzard. I want my 60 dollars back.. OR a huge patch reintroducing stat point skill choices and fixing combat.. even then it will only be "OK".
 
Nearing the end of Act 1. Maybe I warmed up to aRPG too much spending the last few weeks playing Path of Exile.

I'm sure this has already been replied to, but just in case it hasn't: Act I is almost a tutorial compared to the rest of the game. I didn't die ever in Act I, but have died probably three times so far in Act II - give it time before you criticize the difficulty of the entire Normal mode, you're only at the beginning.

You'll also start to need all the various skills you start to unlock...
 
server died 2am local time. maybe not a bad thing since i have to work tomorrow.

finished act 2. act 3 has started off nuts!
 
This game, is a disgrace to gaming, the Diablo name and what Blizzard used to be. I would not call it consolized more like "noobed". Playing the game I felt like I was actually not playing but watching an interactive movie. My 60 year old mother who can barely use a computer could finish this no problemo. Turn on auto Equip follow the little arrows and click monsters, wow is this supposed to be a game? No stat point investment, no skill choices and by default even damage done and received is not shown.

This is the easiest game I have played in my 20+ years of gaming, I feel as if Blizzard has taken us all for gullible fools. They knew we would buy this on launch.. not wait for reviews and what do we get? A game so easy to play and so dumbed down I don't even think it can be called gaming. Higher difficulty levels will not help this.. the gameplay mechanics are broken, the combat system is ridiculous (enemies hit you from great distances.. no dodging) After the epic and awesome StarCraft 2 I was expecting more. Shame on you blizzard. I want my 60 dollars back.. OR a huge patch reintroducing stat point skill choices and fixing combat.. even then it will only be "OK".

What a drama queen. Some people need to stop treating games like religion. Diablo has never been a "deep" game experience. Its a fun hack and slash. Personally I have had tons of fun making goatmen explode with my exploding palm.
 
The reviews and press will reflect what I am saying don't worry. Yes it was always a fun hack and slash game with SOME depth. How they had to make it EASIER for the RETARDED is beyond me.
 
Love the game ( even my wife is playing it) just hate the mico shuttering. It's driving me crazy.. Just feels like it's running slow as balls all the time. Any one else having this issue. I know there is a big post on blizz about it. Just thought I would ask here as most all of us are running pretty high end systems. Thanks
 
I'm sure this has already been replied to, but just in case it hasn't: Act I is almost a tutorial compared to the rest of the game. I didn't die ever in Act I, but have died probably three times so far in Act II - give it time before you criticize the difficulty of the entire Normal mode, you're only at the beginning.

You'll also start to need all the various skills you start to unlock...


This I'm up to act 3 with a friend and were both good players.. Act 3 is nutz. We have been power running through it and were only lvl 24. Game gets alot harder the further you make it in. Can't wait to beat normal.
 
I've noticed a bit of that as well, though mine appears to accompany when the music changes (and then only occasionally).

On a separate note, my DH is up to lvl 21 I think and MAN am I loving the dual Chakrams..demolishes shit. Does anyone have any tips on the crafting system? I've been pumping gold into it but find myself unable to wear the higher end stuff the guy makes (since it's for a higher level character)...
 
The reviews and press will reflect what I am saying don't worry. Yes it was always a fun hack and slash game with SOME depth. How they had to make it EASIER for the RETARDED is beyond me.

Calm down. Are you even past Act I, or on anything but normal mode?
 
Back
Top