Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

LOL @ the self-entitled babies.

Do you guys remember the Diablo 2 launch?

The servers were in 1 million times worse shape than the D3 servers are right now. Login issues (like with D3), and once you got in you had to wait in 10, 15 minute queues just to create a game. Once you were out of the queue you'd start creating a game...but guess what, half the time you got "FAILED TO JOIN GAME". Uh oh, back to waiting another 10 minutes in the queue. Once you actually got into a game the lag was so extremely bad it was literally impossible to play. It was literally unplayable for at least a week.

Fucking relax. The game has been out barely 1 day and there are literally millions and millions of people trying to play. Every huge title has server issues at release. Don't act like you're noobs to gaming and don't know that. Just fucking chill, servers will be fine in no time and all will be forgotten when you're spending countless hours magic finding.
 
So because they fucked up the launch of a previous game too, somehow that makes this fucked up launch OK? I don't go for that Superhuman.

I'm sure the multitude of issues will get worked out eventually, but it's still inexcusable from a triple A $60 title. Also, great job pulling the self-entitled card that is so popular lately. :rolleyes: You're totally right, paying $60 for a product that's supposed to work doesn't entitle me to anything at all.
 
Just beat normal mode at around 15hrs played. Pretty damn awesome. They really cheesed the story towards the end but it was a lot of fun. I didnt really have any errors other than the mid day server downtime yesterday. Pretty lag free as long as the servers were up.
 
LOL @ the self-entitled babies.

Do you guys remember the Diablo 2 launch?

The servers were in 1 million times worse shape than the D3 servers are right now. Login issues (like with D3), and once you got in you had to wait in 10, 15 minute queues just to create a game. Once you were out of the queue you'd start creating a game...but guess what, half the time you got "FAILED TO JOIN GAME". Uh oh, back to waiting another 10 minutes in the queue. Once you actually got into a game the lag was so extremely bad it was literally impossible to play. It was literally unplayable for at least a week.

Fucking relax. The game has been out barely 1 day and there are literally millions and millions of people trying to play. Every huge title has server issues at release. Don't act like you're noobs to gaming and don't know that. Just fucking chill, servers will be fine in no time and all will be forgotten when you're spending countless hours magic finding.

Don't give the companies the "OK" when they make millions off us. Learn from the past and make the adjustments.
 
Whimsyshire seems like a waste of potential. Sorta self gratifying, too.

Its pretty much a troll response to all the people saying the art in the game is too colorful back when they first released screens. Pretty funny imo.
 
So because they fucked up the launch of a previous game too, somehow that makes this fucked up launch OK? I don't go for that Superhuman.

I'm sure the multitude of issues will get worked out eventually, but it's still inexcusable from a triple A $60 title. Also, great job pulling the self-entitled card that is so popular lately. :rolleyes: You're totally right, paying $60 for a product that's supposed to work doesn't entitle me to anything at all.

What, you don't think my friends and I were frustrated with the server issues yesterday? Of course we were, but we're not gonna cross our arms and stomp our feet like crying children and demand refunds for a game that we will play for hundreds (maybe thousands of hours). If our intention was to play the story through once for 10 hours and then shelf the game forever, then yea maybe we'd ask for refunds.
 
Im near the end of act 3 with my ll 29 wizard. I am tearing UP! Disintegrate is stupid powerful. So is blizzard. Game is pretty easy so far. Hope it gets harder


edit: HOLY CRAP I JUST FOUND AN ORANGE. Found The Stolen Ring as I was backtracking through the fields. Hell yeah!
 
Last edited:
Don't give the companies the "OK" when they make millions off us. Learn from the past and make the adjustments.

Never in my post did I say it was OK. All I said was that the servers being slammed should've been expected and that people shouldn't throw hissy fits over it. I've never once played a big title on launch day without server issues at some point.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but it really is a perfect analogy:

d3servers_133706644569.gif
 
LOL @ the self-entitled babies.

Do you guys remember the Diablo 2 launch?

The servers were in 1 million times worse shape than the D3 servers are right now. Login issues (like with D3), and once you got in you had to wait in 10, 15 minute queues just to create a game. Once you were out of the queue you'd start creating a game...but guess what, half the time you got "FAILED TO JOIN GAME". Uh oh, back to waiting another 10 minutes in the queue. Once you actually got into a game the lag was so extremely bad it was literally impossible to play. It was literally unplayable for at least a week.

Fucking relax. The game has been out barely 1 day and there are literally millions and millions of people trying to play. Every huge title has server issues at release. Don't act like you're noobs to gaming and don't know that. Just fucking chill, servers will be fine in no time and all will be forgotten when you're spending countless hours magic finding.

Diablo 2 required an online login to play SP? :confused:

Oh that's right, it didn't :rolleyes:
 
Never in my post did I say it was OK. All I said was that the servers being slammed should've been expected and that people shouldn't throw hissy fits over it. I've never once played a big title on launch day without server issues at some point.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but it really is a perfect analogy:

d3servers_133706644569.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I took it the wrong way that on day one everything should be working. I'm sorry, my fault. I'll take note when the launch date comes, it will be OK for companies to have the game unplayable like every other company out there. Again I must of misread your post!
 
Its pretty much a troll response to all the people saying the art in the game is too colorful back when they first released screens. Pretty funny imo.

That's exactly what it is. I just find it pretty juvenile. I'd rather have what they were planning before people made a stink about the art direction. I'm not terribly interested in the who/what/where/why of their trolling.
 
I just sat down for the night to start playing. Then got a message chat that servers are going down in 5 minutes to update.

Do I need to quit the game before it kicks me out in order to save stuff?
 
Oh, I'm sorry. I took it the wrong way that on day one everything should be working. I'm sorry, my fault. I'll take note when the launch date comes, it will be OK for companies to have the game unplayable like every other company out there. Again I must of misread your post!

You're acting like it was down the whole day, that it was completely unplayable.

I'm not agreeing with either side, sure they could've had a lot more servers or something to absolutely make sure. Then brought down unnecessary ones after seeing the load. Maybe they thought they had enough to do just that anyays, who knows. But it could have been worse too.
 
LOL, went to log in with a buddy and start a new char..Guess what? Yep, servers flaking out again! What an awesome single play game!
 
I love the fact that their server maintenance kicks me out of a Fracking single player game. Genius.
 
LOL, went to log in with a buddy and start a new char..Guess what? Yep, servers flaking out again! What an awesome single play game!

Indeed, it's an awesome game :p

My barb with all strength, 2H+frenzy+rend+revenge+earthquake destroys everything. Loving 2H once I got some good items
 
I'm not really sure why people keep saying single player game. This is not a single player game. You can play solo, but you are doing so in a multiplayer game. It is the same as in D2 (battle.net) when you wanted to do solo runs for lvling or mfing. They got rid of single player. I know that is what upsets people, but stops saying they require an internet connection for SP, because there is no SP.
 
Down just as I get in the door.. haha.

Oh well, it looks like rolling restarts, hopefully they'll be up soon. I'd like to finally play this game for more than 15 minutes.
 
I'm not really sure why people keep saying single player game. This is not a single player game. You can play solo, but you are doing so in a multiplayer game. It is the same as in D2 (battle.net) when you wanted to do solo runs for lvling or mfing. They got rid of single player. I know that is what upsets people, but stops saying they require an internet connection for SP, because there is no SP.

I just smh at people who are still convinced this is the same as Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed. Ignore them since there's not much to say to them at that point.
 
Is anyone else finding this game is hard to scale dmg with? Its not like D2 at all where you can get unique drops and get enough damage to dominate everything fairly easily.

I am not even in nightmare yet and its pretty hard getting enough damage going on my Wizard with a 4 person coop game. It seems like they tried too hard to balance the damage out. I am seeing people only in nightmare with crap tons of decent gear and still having a hardtime even solo.... I cant imagine how inferno is...

Wheres the unique loot Blizzard!?!? :p
 
Is anyone else finding this game is hard to scale dmg with? Its not like D2 at all where you can get unique drops and get enough damage to dominate everything fairly easily.

I am not even in nightmare yet and its pretty hard getting enough damage going on my Wizard with a 4 person coop game. It seems like they tried too hard to balance the damage out. I am seeing people only in nightmare with crap tons of decent gear and still having a hardtime even solo.... I cant imagine how inferno is...

Wheres the unique loot Blizzard!?!? :p

I honestly think it's because of the 4 person party. Try in a solo game, you'll be pleasantly surprised how fast you can steam roll things.
 
Is anyone else finding this game is hard to scale dmg with? Its not like D2 at all where you can get unique drops and get enough damage to dominate everything fairly easily.

I am not even in nightmare yet and its pretty hard getting enough damage going on my Wizard with a 4 person coop game. It seems like they tried too hard to balance the damage out. I am seeing people only in nightmare with crap tons of decent gear and still having a hardtime even solo.... I cant imagine how inferno is...

Wheres the unique loot Blizzard!?!? :p

I thought my wizard's dps was shit, then i played solo, where my magic find was not being split, and got a shit ton of yellow drops, which happened to all be for me, doubling my dps.
 
Is anyone else finding this game is hard to scale dmg with? Its not like D2 at all where you can get unique drops and get enough damage to dominate everything fairly easily.

I am not even in nightmare yet and its pretty hard getting enough damage going on my Wizard with a 4 person coop game. It seems like they tried too hard to balance the damage out. I am seeing people only in nightmare with crap tons of decent gear and still having a hardtime even solo.... I cant imagine how inferno is...

Wheres the unique loot Blizzard!?!? :p
Only experience I have with that was at lower levels. I was 6 DH playing with a 9 wizard and I was running his quests and holding my weight just fine. He was doing more dmg then me, but I expected that.

I'm 25 now and I have run into a few places solo that I thought were a little on the tough side that made me say, "Geez, whats this gonna be like on Nightmare/Hell...or..Inferno???"
 
there was a warning in the text chatbox if you were already playing it 5minutes before they started the restart

I didn't get anything:(

last night I got warning, not tonight

Oh well, game is still a metric ass ton of fun -- just hope they can get these server issues ironed out .. this is the second time I'll have to re-run a dungeon since I didn't make it to a checkpoint before the drop!
 
I'm liking the game more than I thought I would so far. I still think Diablo 2 was more fun especially the way the old battlenet was setup. Is there anyway to search for games or is all just random groups?
 
BTW, for those of you who haven't played or any played in the evening.

Once they get these server issues ironed out and everything, this game is gonna be a blast. I was fortunately enough to be able to play today (late morning/early afternoon time) and there was virtually no lag. Last night and tonight I noticed it was pretty choppy, which sucks when you're in a room full of things trying to kill you and everything is going 100 mph.. :)
 
What a piece of shit. First we couldn't log in. Finally get in and lag.Plays like a laggy ass mmo. Me and my bud couldn't get under 300ms ping tonight. Absolutely disgusted thus far.
 
Back
Top