• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I finally bit the bullet on this for $20 at the MS store sale. Hope the Loot 2.0 is good!
 
D3 is polished and just works I like that.
PoE with desync as it is just turns me off.

the expansion with loot 2.0 might go into a bit better direction but likely be too easy.
to hold interest a game needs to be difficult and a challenge with some grinding needed and absolutly drop items you would want rarely. getting that right for the gameplay is not that easy.

sometimes I wished they just did a new engine and ported old games that worked.
 
I'll buy ROS and play it for while. Heck I have played d3 from launch up till about a week ago. The grinding finally got to me plus I picked up star bound.

I don't think ROS will be too bad. The bounties and adventure mode will be enough to satisfy me. The bags you get will make the experience more rewarding for me( even if the gear sucks in them)

Just my .02
 
Nothing wrong with reading but pointlessly complicated skill tree for sake of providing illusion of choice is just bad design.
 
I don't really want to talk about PoE too much in this thread. But I found not much wrong with PoE's skill system. Its like it used Materia from FF7 and the skill grid from FFX and tossed that into D2....Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Surprisingly the only real issue I had with PoE was the loot. I used the same wand on my wizard on all 3 difficulties. Finding gear was felt like a unless and pointless chore to me.

I can easily see how someone can find PoE to be significantly better than D3. It a far better D2 clone then D3 is.

D3 feels like diablo 2 had a love child with Gauntlet legends and Magika.
PoE feels like Diabo 2 had a love child with FF7 and FFX.

You can see one move towards action and the other more towards RPG...I should like the RPG one more but the bigger budget and resources I think saves the Action one.
 
I don't really want to talk about PoE too much in this thread. But I found not much wrong with PoE's skill system. Its like it used Materia from FF7 and the skill grid from FFX and tossed that into D2....Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Surprisingly the only real issue I had with PoE was the loot. I used the same wand on my wizard on all 3 difficulties. Finding gear was felt like a unless and pointless chore to me.

I can easily see how someone can find PoE to be significantly better than D3. It a far better D2 clone then D3 is.

D3 feels like diablo 2 had a love child with Gauntlet legends and Magika.
PoE feels like Diabo 2 had a love child with FF7 and FFX.

You can see one move towards action and the other more towards RPG...I should like the RPG one more but the bigger budget and resources I think saves the Action one.

Now if only D3 and PoE would breed...
 
Nothing wrong with reading but pointlessly complicated skill tree for sake of providing illusion of choice is just bad design.

Skill tree isn't pointlessly designed. Sounds like you've had your fill of the Koolaid Blizzards been feeding you.
 
Couldn't agree more.

....but only one game can give us everything we want....and it rhymes with Dark Souls 2.

Speaking of Dark Souls, its on sale on steam right now for $5.99. Perfect way to pass the time until ROS or Dark Souls 2.
 
Well that's pretty cool, thanks. But still... if Steam is going to sell a game on sale, why the hell have its price jump around from day to day?

You see that sale go up more than once, you think you want it. It calls to you. It speaks "buy me, I'm only $1.99, look how unique and indie I am! I'm only $14.99, I came out a month ago!", and you buy it, cuz you're a sucker. Then if you're like me you never play 90% of them.
 
You see that sale go up more than once, you think you want it. It calls to you. It speaks "buy me, I'm only $1.99, look how unique and indie I am! I'm only $14.99, I came out a month ago!", and you buy it, cuz you're a sucker. Then if you're like me you never play 90% of them.

+1 This exactly....
 
Well that's pretty cool, thanks. But still... if Steam is going to sell a game on sale, why the hell have its price jump around from day to day?

Steam has a general week long sale with daily and or flash deals at better discounts. Don't buy a game until it is on sale as a daily or flash deal, unless you really really want it. Even then, buy it towards the end of the sale when they start repeating the daily deals.
 
A few days ago PTR and closed beta were updated with a new patch. Quite a lot of changes and they've added Torment difficulty to the non-RoS version as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11883960/201-ptr-and-closed-beta-patch-notes-12-12-2013


Played a bit on PTR as DH and it was fun (combat feels more intense/direct), one thing I noticed is that the health pool felt more balanced. There's less "jumping" around of your health from for example 100% to 20% and back. It goes more gradual now. They may have nerfed the droprate a bit too much, but they're still experimenting on that.

The Keywardens are very tough at Torment level 1, my DH couldn't even down the one in Fields of Misery without dying multiple times, even Gloom didn't heal enough to compensate for the damage. Elites are manageable but I can't afford more than one or two mistakes.
 
Thinking about giving this game another try and playing online with a friend. Has anything changed? Or should I avoid it?
 
Thinking about giving this game another try and playing online with a friend. Has anything changed? Or should I avoid it?

Biggest changes are coming with the 2.0 patch which will be released sometime before Reaper of Souls, so you probably just want to wait for that.
 
Changed since when?

I played it for about a month after release. I was tired of depending on AH to get decent enough gear to continue progressing. I never once ever ever ever found a piece of loot my toon could use as an upgrade. It was always other class loot. I heard blizzard designed the game this way, to force people into the AH. Has it changed?

Does the game still "rubberband"?
 
I played it for about a month after release. I was tired of depending on AH to get decent enough gear to continue progressing. I never once ever ever ever found a piece of loot my toon could use as an upgrade. It was always other class loot. I heard blizzard designed the game this way, to force people into the AH. Has it changed?

Does the game still "rubberband"?

Quite a bit has changed, but I'd still recommend waiting until patch 2.0 is out.

There is still rubberbanding, but it has improved since you last played.
 
I played it for about a month after release. I was tired of depending on AH to get decent enough gear to continue progressing. I never once ever ever ever found a piece of loot my toon could use as an upgrade. It was always other class loot. I heard blizzard designed the game this way, to force people into the AH. Has it changed?

Does the game still "rubberband"?

PC Loot 2.0 should using the console version of D3 as a base, and the loot in the console games was great. You always found enough loot to get big upgrade regularly, but not so much good stuff that it was overwhelming.
 
Last edited:
I've been playing the Public Test Realm with the loot 2.0 patch implemented.

It is awesome. Like a whole new game really, minus the mediocre storyline. I've been finding some really interesting rares and legendary items, ones that make me want to change my build and ones that refine my current.

Last night I found a the Legendary Stone of Jordan ring.

Because of the Damage increase I was able to move up the the next difficulty on my Demon Hunter. That being said I am pretty excited for the new content and especially the new item potential & Crafting.
 
Note that currently loot is bugged in the PTR and most rares are rolling only with +All Resist and -Level Requirement. It will be fixed next patch.
 
Note that currently loot is bugged in the PTR and most rares are rolling only with +All Resist and -Level Requirement. It will be fixed next patch.

Yeah I noticed that. I created 3 pairs of boots last night and they all had those same stats.
 
I played a bit on Live on my witch doctor and got back into it for a few hours. In the waning days of the auction houses, it's interesting to see the prices and power level of items compared to the last time I played many months ago.

I price-checked some random stuff in my bank, one was a WD offhand that sold for like 20mil. With that seed money I was able to buy a full set of new gear, ending up with more DPS than the Paragon-30s monk I sank so many hours into back at launch.

After a few hours of playing it was like, why bother picking up most of the loot? It'll be worthless for sure. So hopefully the new patch fixes that. The actual gameplay of a high-DPS WD is pretty amusing, running straight into packs of mobs and exploding them all.
 
Back
Top